Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-09-2010, 03:11 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Drop Bryant, let the Eagles pick him up, and then profit.
Oh of course. You can have Crayton.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also...I dont really like the idea of keeping three nose tackles. But I cant see Siavii getting let go for a rook, nursing an injured hand, no less. I'm giving Brent the benefit of the doubt after yesterday, but we either keeping both or just Siavii, imo.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-09-2010, 04:32 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Barron sprained his ankle and Sicko got a concussion in that game as well. Both probably wont play on Thursday. Need to grab a couple of TEs. geez.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-09-2010, 08:53 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so what happens to John Phillips?

IR? PUP list?
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:58 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

IR, done for the year.

Sicko makes the team by default pretty much. He did look good yesterday, though. Hopefully the concussion is pretty mild. This really does suck with Bennett being gimpy. His ankle is still bothering him pretty bad.

We'll be seeing a lot more of the receivers in preseason now, obviously. A lot more 3/4 WR looks with a scarcity of TEs.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-09-2010, 09:11 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Sicko looked much better than anyone had thought, could be a steal for that 3rd TE.

Lots of TE injuries, Delanie Walker is the best ST player oin the 9ers the past 3 yrs. & is a backup to Vernon Davis, he's coming off a mild concussion too.

Best NBC camera crew closeup last night was of Jerry Jones in his box when Buehler was lining up for that chip shot FG at extra point distance, you could see the serious pucker factor Jerry had regarding (lacking) confidence in Buehler.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:06 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been wanting to trade Bennett for a while now. Was hoping we'd pick up a 2nd or 3rd rounder for the last draft, but Jerry said no dice. :( I think his value is dropping like a rock.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:05 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

His value to us...is bigger than ever now. If he goes down, in addition to Phillips, our offense changes dramatically.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-11-2010, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am still holding out hope for Bennett. I think many of us (myself included) had some unreasonable expectations initially because the fact is, there's just not a ton of balls to go around.

However, I think many folks forget the kid just turned 23! He obviously has/had some maturity issues so I think it's too early to give up on him. He's always going to be a goofball, but I think once he realizes what it takes to be a professional, he's got scary talent.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:12 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I am still holding out hope for Bennett. I think many of us (myself included) had some unreasonable expectations initially because the fact is, there's just not a ton of balls to go around.

However, I think many folks forget the kid just turned 23! He obviously has/had some maturity issues so I think it's too early to give up on him. He's always going to be a goofball, but I think once he realizes what it takes to be a professional, he's got scary talent.
Idiot from the start and worse yet that draft was great for TE and we reached for him as well as giving away Fasano.

Finley went in the third ... enuff said.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
Idiot from the start and worse yet that draft was great for TE and we reached for him as well as giving away Fasano.

Finley went in the third ... enuff said.
I'll consider the sourse. :)

I'm sure at 21 and 22 you were completely mature and used perfect judgement.

And Fasano is JAG, dude.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 08-11-2010, 07:19 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bennett still brings good play to the table. When you look at how stacked the receiving corps is, it's not hard to fathom how he won't be a major part of the passing game.

His value is within his blocking. He's a good blocking TE, and with a new LT and a guy at RT that missed many games due to injury that is important. If one of the tackles go down you're going to need to give them as much help as possible. You better believe that if Columbo goes down people will be clamoring for Martellus to play every snap.

Besides, he's only played two years. Two years is not a career. We can't go sour on a guy just because he didn't break out in his second year like we thought. Like Macarthur said, he's only 23 with a lot of upside. Phillips may turn out to be better, but that doesn't mean that Bennett is all of a sudden a waste.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:42 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I'll consider the sourse. :)

I'm sure at 21 and 22 you were completely mature and used perfect judgement.

And Fasano is JAG, dude.
If Fasano is JAG ... what is Bennett?

Kids an idiot and I am a great sourCe.

With respect to the other, by 23, I was getting my MBA at a top 5 Business School. So.....

Last edited by herniateddisc : 08-11-2010 at 08:47 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:49 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
.... Besides, he's only played two years. Two years is not a career. We can't go sour on a guy just because he didn't break out in his second year like we thought.....
Yet we gave up on Fasano after Year 2 but he was trash who it was OK to sour on?

(Again, never liked the AF pick but that is not the point ....)
Old 08-11-2010, 09:23 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't like giving up on Fasano so quick either, that's why I'd rather them stick with Bennett. They don't need to make the same mistake twice. Fasano isn't going to light the league on fire, but what's the point of getting rid of a high draft pick so quick? It's too late for Fasano, but not so for Martellus.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

With respect to the other, by 23, I was getting my MBA at a top 5 Business School. So.....
I'm the President of the United States.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:19 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
I'm the President of the United States.
Well, you are doing a crappy job.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:20 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
I didn't like giving up on Fasano so quick either, that's why I'd rather them stick with Bennett. They don't need to make the same mistake twice. Fasano isn't going to light the league on fire, but what's the point of getting rid of a high draft pick so quick? It's too late for Fasano, but not so for Martellus.
FWIW, it is very clear Martellus is much more talented than Fasano but talent don't mean much when you don't understand assignments or fail to block when asked to.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:12 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
FWIW, it is very clear Martellus is much more talented than Fasano but talent don't mean much when you don't understand assignments or fail to block when asked to.
Bennett blocks like a trucker. I haven't seen him drop a pass. I haven't seen him get much opportunity to either though.

If he can't get involved in the offense as much as guys like Phillips did last year, then he must be behind in the mental aspect of the game.

This is his 3rd year. He should flourish. I shouldn't have said I wanted to trade him earlier, but that is how I felt. I think we could've gotten better value out of a 2nd rounder this year than what he will provide... but I still think he'll provide good enough as a 2nd TE. ...if that makes sense. Basically, give me the 2nd rounder before addressing the 2nd TE. That's what I wanted. Phillips, Sicko, even Fasano were fine enough for me as a 2nd TE.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:16 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I dont know if you guys saw it...but AOA and Lee are out tomorrow.

So are Bennett and Sicko...so expect to see a lot of the receivers.

Barron is also out with that ankle injury. He looked like ass last week anyway.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-12-2010, 10:34 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Bennett blocks like a trucker. I haven't seen him drop a pass. I haven't seen him get much opportunity to either though.

If he can't get involved in the offense as much as guys like Phillips did last year, then he must be behind in the mental aspect of the game.

This is his 3rd year. He should flourish. I shouldn't have said I wanted to trade him earlier, but that is how I felt. I think we could've gotten better value out of a 2nd rounder this year than what he will provide... but I still think he'll provide good enough as a 2nd TE. ...if that makes sense. Basically, give me the 2nd rounder before addressing the 2nd TE. That's what I wanted. Phillips, Sicko, even Fasano were fine enough for me as a 2nd TE.
Well, if Bennett is such a good blocker why all the hand wringing over Phillips?

From what I saw, Phillips was the better blocker and he is both smaller and less athletic than MB.

I just hate when we fall in love with guys who simply don't prove themselves and project them further than they seem to be able to go.

MB is classic example.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:54 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know i was riding the Jermichael Finley that entire off-season and was pissed immediately after that we didn't take him if we wanted another TE. That's all I talked about the weeks after the draft was over. Then again, I'm glad he gets to be the man in GB because he wouldn't get that type of production here.

That said, I'm not giving up on Marty B yet, he showed as a rookie what type of player he can be, he just needs to focus, he's way too young and has only played 2 years for everyone to be jumping ship. He may always be just potential who never reaches it, but it's way too early to close the book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:

As you said, Bennett has much more upside than Fasano. And yes, he's made mental errors, but I still tend to believe that a young immature kid that came from a school that ran the football and had a very unsophisticated passing game still has tons of room to grow.

I was in graduate school at 23, too, so what? Not everyone matures at the same rate. And frankly, based on many of your posts, I'm not convinced your maturity level has risen to the level of your age.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 08-12-2010, 03:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Well, if Bennett is such a good blocker why all the hand wringing over Phillips?

From what I saw, Phillips was the better blocker and he is both smaller and less athletic than MB.

I just hate when we fall in love with guys who simply don't prove themselves and project them further than they seem to be able to go.

MB is classic example.
Phillips was a pretty good player for us last year. Played mistake free football and maximized his opportunity. He got more attention than just getting noticed for blocking. I think he was more mentally prepared for the league adjustment than Bennett was. Or maybe it was circumstances that allowed Phillips to get more opportunity than Bennett. I really don't know. Just taking a guess there.

I know you hate falling in love with guys who don't prove themselves, but you were wrong when you hated Romo and you did the exact same thing on Miles Austin. So.... I don't think it's a philosophical thing you're dealing with here... Rather just some stance that you've decided to take that you don't like Bennett.

I like Bennett, but my patience on him is running thin. I can admit that.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:51 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

Quote:
Got to agree with E-Man here, Fasano was a textbook blocking TE from the Parcells era for his 2-TE Heavy Jumbo sets, any passes he caught were icing on the cake. Defenses underrated him too, every time he caught one he was wide ******* open, hated to see him go.

So, does the TE shortage mean Sicko, concussed or not, has a secure roster spot? Are the Boys going to live off the TE waiver wire when the cuts start coming? If so I'm hoping for my homeboy Collin Peek, UDFA of the Falcons who is battling for their 3rd TE spot while playing already hurt...... Hey, we Dallas fans can relate. Won't happen -- he's from Atlanta & wants to play there.

Anybody want to do a separate thread for realtime caustic commentary on tonight's game, Raiders @ Dallas? It's a 6:00 game on the Left Coast but we're getting it on CBS as well as a local Bay Area broadcast.