Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-12-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really crossing my fingers that no serious injuries happen tonight.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:11 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Got to agree with E-Man here, Fasano was a textbook blocking TE from the Parcells era for his 2-TE Heavy Jumbo sets, any passes he caught were icing on the cake. Defenses underrated him too, every time he caught one he was wide ******* open, hated to see him go.

So, does the TE shortage mean Sicko, concussed or not, has a secure roster spot? Are the Boys going to live off the TE waiver wire when the cuts start coming? If so I'm hoping for my homeboy Collin Peek, UDFA of the Falcons who is battling for their 3rd TE spot while playing already hurt...... Hey, we Dallas fans can relate. Won't happen -- he's from Atlanta & wants to play there.

Anybody want to do a separate thread for realtime caustic commentary on tonight's game, Raiders @ Dallas? It's a 6:00 game on the Left Coast but we're getting it on CBS as well as a local Bay Area broadcast.
Sicko should have a secure spot, yes. Phillips plays in an H-Back role for us. He'll line up in a number of places...Sicko is that same type of player. We had three TEs with unique personal skill sets. Sicko does the same things Phillips would have done.

If Chris Gronkowski can perform in an H-back role...maybe he makes it, but Sicko will more than likely be kept. There is no one else, and he's not that bad.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:12 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I'm really crossing my fingers that no serious injuries happen tonight.
Can you imagine if Witten went down. OH my. WTF would we do? :(

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-12-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Game isnt on in my area...but anyway...Romo's been sacked 3 times in the first ******* quarter?!?!?!!?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-12-2010, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Crimson79
Rookie

Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if you go to channelsurfing.net you can watch it online. OL just got worked
Crimson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:53 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its been mostly coverage sacks though. The O-Line has looked fine to me

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:13 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
.....I'm not convinced your maturity level has risen to the level of your age.
Bwaaaaaaaaaaa..............
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:14 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I disagree. One more game without serious improvement, and its officially time to start ******** our pants about our OL. Ugh.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:16 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
.........but you were wrong when you hated Romo and you did the exact same thing on Miles Austin.......
1) I am just not sure Romo can win the big one .... would never say I hated him but I also see the holes in his game very clearly.

2) I luv'ed Austin based on potential and the fact when given opportunities he produced. I just don't see the same for MB.

I would love to see MB Wally Pip Witten but .... hey, I even proposed trading Witten for picks and giving the job to MB based on talent.

There are times you just need to let them run but more and more I don't think Martellus is the type to take responsibility too seriously.

Last edited by herniateddisc : 08-12-2010 at 10:19 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:18 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
.... I was in graduate school at 23.....
Top tier B-School ain't like any other grad school. You actually need serious business experience to get into top programs as well as the grades and standardized test scores.

Rispet to all who do grad school but going to grad school means different things to different fields. For Top Tier B-Schools, it means you have been pretty good for awhile and have something to show for it besides a report card.

Last edited by herniateddisc : 08-12-2010 at 10:21 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Screw degrees. Whoever has the most money wins in my book. ahhahaha. You guys are killin' me with this pissing contest.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Screw degrees. Whoever has the most money wins in my book. ahhahaha. You guys are killin' me with this pissing contest.
True but not what the conversation was about. About maturity and education is somewhat correlated with that.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we talk about the Cowboys please? I missed most of this game so can someone give me a little bit of a scoop? Looks like Buehler did a nice job.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:43 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
Can we talk about the Cowboys please? I missed most of this game so can someone give me a little bit of a scoop? Looks like Buehler did a nice job.
Jerry Jones sucks
Beuler is PreSeason MVP
D looks good

Anything else you wanna know??
Old 08-12-2010, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
Jerry Jones sucks
Beuler is PreSeason MVP
D looks good

Anything else you wanna know??
Any standouts on D like the LBs vs Cincy?
Old 08-12-2010, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

wow how'd he drop that?
Old 08-12-2010, 10:51 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
Any standouts on D like the LBs vs Cincy?
LB look good on the outside and not so much on the inside. DL is pretty good and Bowen should beat out Hatcher and Spears for time.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Time to cut Stephen McGee.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:55 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The OL didn't look good tonight. The first team didn't do too bad, but they could have done better. After that first line things don't look too good though. The offense is really hampered after the starters go out. O-line depth may be the talk of the 2011 draft.

The defense was awesome though. I'm loving them out there. The rotation for the front seven looks like it could be sick, and that's not counting what Sean Lee can bring. Going off of how the defense has improved so much since the end of 2008, I'm confident in saying that the defense will be a top 5 unit.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:57 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Looks like another boring one...I'll watch the replay on NFL Network later today. Hurd owns the Raiders, apparently...between last year and this. haha.

gah...i want to see us hang 40 on someone. But it aint happening with our backup Qbs.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-13-2010, 09:30 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Time to cut Stephen McGee.
First pick of the 4th round is cursed for us.

But anyone who saw him play, actually throw a ball, knows he is not an NFL QB.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:22 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The revamped Raiders defense looked a lot better, especially Lamarr Houston who wanted to put on a show for his friends & relatives at the game in Texas. Those really were coverage sacks, the receivers on the 1st team had trouble getting separation.

Except for Austin who made that circus catch, best individual effort from any team this preseason so far.

Raiders offense was inept, Campbell his usual mediocre self for a 67% QB rating. The Raiders scored all their points in the last 6 mins. vs. Dallas scrubs.

I was impressed with the defensive starters who stopped the Raiders 1st team as soon as they caught those short passes, saw some swarming to the ball too. Witten showed us again why he is the best TE in the NFL, & Antonio Gates can eat it.

At least they learned that the OL still needs some work & no more TEs were injured.

The Bay Area media reported that the Raiders were discussing on the sidelines that Dallas wasn't going all out on its pass rush, the hangover from 2 games in 4 days is showing.

Last edited by LizardState : 08-14-2010 at 12:20 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Lamarr Houston was a beast. I wish we could've drafted him. OAK gave him some looks as a 3-4 DE. Sigh... I'm so hoping that next year's draft will bring us a beast at DE.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So how are you all feeling about Doug Free after Shaughnessy beat him twice and Scott beat him once for sacks?
Old 08-13-2010, 02:49 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Watching the game now.

Miles and Witten slammed into eachother on that first coverage sack. bleh.

Zero running lanes.

Free looked great on that first drive. He won every battle easily...Kam Wimbley surprised him once with his speed off the edge, but Kam went pretty wide and Free just pushed him out of the play. Free was solid there.

Bradie looks quicker than ever, looks lile he's in great shape. He's been making plays in the passing game in camp, looks like the weight loss should really help him even more this year.

Beautiful kick by Buehler.

edit...offensive drive 2.

Free was good in pass protection again, when he actually had someone to block...but he looked pretty lacks in run blocking. No push on one carry and he fell over on the other.

edit...offensive drive 3.

Free did get beat, but Kitna held the ball a long time and didnt step up in the pocket.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-13-2010 at 03:14 PM.