Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-22-2010, 12:41 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I don't know about you guys, but it's getting old trying to figure out when I'm watching defense if I'm looking at Leon Williams, Brandon Williams, or Jason Williams. Don't they all have numbers in the 50's as well? Lol. If someone had their #'s I would really appreciate it if you could post them.

I was at the bar and I remember wanting to know who to get pissed at for missing an easy tackle on a screen by Tolbert I believe where he had both arms around the guy and let him slip out, just pathetic. I really hope it was Leon and not Jason :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 02:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is the MartyB bandwagon getting crowded again?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 02:47 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Well I don't know about you guys, but it's getting old trying to figure out when I'm watching defense if I'm looking at Leon Williams, Brandon Williams, or Jason Williams. Don't they all have numbers in the 50's as well? Lol. If someone had their #'s I would really appreciate it if you could post them.

I was at the bar and I remember wanting to know who to get pissed at for missing an easy tackle on a screen by Tolbert I believe where he had both arms around the guy and let him slip out, just pathetic. I really hope it was Leon and not Jason :(
I know what you mean. Jason Williams' number is 58 while Brandon Williams' is 59. Leon's is 52, and he's a little bit smaller. I can't remember who missed that tackle though.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 05:52 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

I just saw it...twas Leon Williams.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Is the MartyB bandwagon getting crowded again?
I'm still hoping because he's a freak athlete and still very young.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:26 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clarence E. Hill says Dallas has been fielding offers for Hurd again. An "NFL Source" says a bunch of teams are interested. Take it for what it's worth

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-24-2010, 01:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Clarence E. Hill says Dallas has been fielding offers for Hurd again. An "NFL Source" says a bunch of teams are interested. Take it for what it's worth
Vikings perhaps?

Maybe the Chargers? The Rams? I personally don't see why you have such a mancrush on Hurd.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good physique, good hands, HARD worker, does alittle bit of everything. But he just doesn't have the talent or explosiveness that some of the guys in front of him do.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wonder if Hurd would bring back some interior OL depth in a trade?

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 08-24-2010, 02:16 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I'm still hoping because he's a freak athlete and still very young.
Anybody who has formed too much of a concrete opinion on him at this point is usually the bandwagon fans(or DMN blog posters). Everyone hated the pick after it happened and hated Jerry, hated it more after Hard Knocks, then were back on his nuts after his season and talking about how he was so elite, Jerry was so smart, etc etc. Then after his sophmore year and stuff on youtube it was back to point A again.

You gotta be patient with guys like him, he could end up like Stanback, potential who never turns into anything, or he could be a monster. But at this point he's still developing. I know he has the talent, it is just going to take some dedication on his part, maybe Phillips emerging is what he needed I'm not sure. But 21 year old guys with tremendous potential you have to give time and I need to see at least 3 seasons(similiar to a WR) before I can form an opinion.

I'm always gonna remember Finley going after him because I was a Finley homer forever, but it's VERY typical of most Cowboy fans to constantly bring up how he went after Bennett because if anyone in the NFL knew Finley would turn into the monster he was, he would have been drafted exactly where Gresham was drafted this year.

It's not like we just made a mistake, I could probably find 1 pick each team took before Finley went and say it was stupid, but we have alot of fans that love to do that. As soon as a pick doesn't pan out, people get to Jerry bashing once again, and then look all the good picks that went after said player and start calling Jerry an idiot all over again.

That kinda stuff will just always happen with us.

Quote:
Old 08-24-2010, 02:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never have nor probably ever will think that we "missed out" on Finley. We have a #1 TE. Finley would probably be in the same boat that Marty B is here... if we drafted him instead. Finley looks good because the opportunity for him is big there. GB hasn't had a TE worth beans in years. If Marty had the same kind of opportunity, I have no doubts that he'd have a better reputation than he has now. MB has legit skillz. He's just on a team with so many other weapons.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:22 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Vikings perhaps?

Maybe the Chargers? The Rams? I personally don't see why you have such a mancrush on Hurd.
I'm not even close to liking Hurd the way that MOTH does lol, but he does flash some ability time to time and I think he is good enough to be an average starter for some teams. Thing is, teams are so in love with the "potential" word and Hurd probably doesn't strike anyone as 1 of those guys who could blossom into something special.

I think even a few years back people saw that from Austin, judging by the Jets courting him before he broke out, but I don't know that Hurd has alot of upside for a 25 year older but he's much better then his stats or track record have shown. He could be a Patrick Crayton type of player for someone, it's not like Crayton is as good as some of his numbers have led anyone to believe, Hurd just needs an opportunity.

He's just more valuable to us then a 6th or 7th rd pick probably, and I don't know teams who would want to do much more then that. He's a hell of a blocker, excellent ST's player, and nice depth to have. I don't think I'd want to trade him unless we got a higher pick, or as Macarthur said some valuable interior O-line depth.

Quote:
Old 08-24-2010, 02:25 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
I never have nor probably ever will think that we "missed out" on Finley. We have a #1 TE. Finley would probably be in the same boat that Marty B is here... if we drafted him instead. Finley looks good because the opportunity for him is big there. GB hasn't had a TE worth beans in years. If Marty had the same kind of opportunity, I have no doubts that he'd have a better reputation than he has now. MB has legit skillz. He's just on a team with so many other weapons.
That's very true.

Also Finley was ass as a blocker until this year thus far since he's gained some weight, tries alot more, but still isn't as good of a blocker as Marty B and it's not even close really. That aspect might be overlooked, similiar to how people always said "Well Spears is good against the run", but as you said since we have our #1 TE longterm getting a 2nd TE who could block his ass off was valuable.

Finley did virtually no blocking as a rookie, very little in year 2. He played alot of the slot, split out wide type of formations. Marty B is still a better fit for what we want to do here, and considering the #2 TE is only going to get so many receiving opportunities here that's more then likely why we passed on him.

Quote:
Old 08-24-2010, 02:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I did question the selection of Bennett in the first place though. Sure, I tried to look at the good side about the selection after it was made, but that draft went unlike what I wanted. I posted it many times before, but I didn't want Felix. I didn't want Bennett. I was pissed when we passed on Mike Jenkins.

I wanted Jenkins instead of Felix with that first pick. Then I wanted Devin Thomas with the 2nd pick we used on Jenkins. Then I wanted Jamaal Charles with the pick we used on Bennett.

If I got to redo it today, I'd say we missed out on Desean Jackson for sure.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
If I got to redo it today, I'd say we missed out on Desean Jackson for sure.
I'd tap the brakes a bit on that. He's dynamic, but I'm still not convinced that he's not going to be an ongoing injury concern for Philly.

He's a shrimp and has already had a tendency to get nicked.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 08-24-2010, 05:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Dont get me wrong...I dont think Sam Hurd is some super star or anything. I just think he's been getting the short end of the stick here. If he started in place of Williams this year...I actually do believe he'd be more productive than Roy. That's more a knock on Roy. But Sam is a good player and has a sound skill set, which would make him a capable starter.

Preseason is preseason is preseason...but once again, the guy is performing out there. He just never gets his shot...and the injuries the last few years havent helped...as Wade brought up a couple of days ago.

Sucks that Ogletree gets a free pass, despite inconsistent play and questionable work ethic and attitude...but Hurd may get shafted.

I hope the Rams trade for him. haha.

Without even thinking twice...

I'd rank our guys...

1. Austin
2. Bryant
3. Hurd
4. Williams
5. Crayton
6. Oggletree

I do see something in Hurd...not a super star, but a good player.

As for Ogletree he could be a player...but right now, he's playing terrible and aggravating coaches. He's not better than Crayton just yet. Guy needs to hit up that JUGS machine.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-24-2010 at 05:47 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Dont get me wrong...I dont think Sam Hurd is some super star or anything. I just think he's been getting the short end of the stick here. If he started in place of Williams this year...I actually do believe he'd be more productive than Roy. That's more a knock on Roy. But Sam is a good player and has a sound skill set, which would make him a capable starter.

Preseason is preseason is preseason...but once again, the guy is performing out there. He just never gets his shot...and the injuries the last few years havent helped...as Wade brought up a couple of days ago.

Sucks that Ogletree gets a free pass, despite inconsistent play and questionable work ethic and attitude...but Hurd may get shafted.

I hope the Rams trade for him. haha.

Without even thinking twice...

I'd rank our guys...

1. Austin
2. Bryant
3. Hurd
4. Williams
5. Crayton
6. Oggletree

I do see something in Hurd...not a super star, but a good player.

As for Ogletree he could be a player...but right now, he's playing terrible and aggravating coaches. He's not better than Crayton just yet. Guy needs to hit up that JUGS machine.
I'd rank it like this:

1. Bryant
2. Austin
3. Williams
4. Hurd
5. Oggletree
6. Crayton
Old 08-24-2010, 06:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
I'd rank it like this:

1. Bryant
2. Austin
3. Williams
4. Hurd
5. Oggletree
6. Crayton
Couldn't argue much...I just think Williams is some major jag.

Latest on the Hurd thing...
Quote:
Sam Hurd's name has been popping up on trade block chatter. According to Clarence Hill, an NFL source said Hurd is indeed being shopped.
The Cowboys have denied they are actively pursuing a trade for Hurd, admitting only that "teams have called about him" but they "are not ready to do anything yet." Yet is the operative word.
Star-Telegram
I honestly think we want to keep him...but there is a market out there for him. Maybe someone will force Dallas' hand a bit.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-24-2010, 06:09 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd rank it like this:

1. Bryant
2. Austin
3. Williams
4. Hurd
5. Oggletree
6. Crayton
Bryant above Austin?

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:16 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
Bryant above Austin?

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing.
Yeah it's pretty funny now...but I wouldnt kill anyone for saying so. If you're basing it off of pure talent, at least. From a talent stand point...Dez is easily the most talented, imo. But seeing how he's never seen the field...I wouldnt put him ahead of Austin yet. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-24-2010, 08:45 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah it's pretty funny now...but I wouldnt kill anyone for saying so. If you're basing it off of pure talent, at least. From a talent stand point...Dez is easily the most talented, imo. But seeing how he's never seen the field...I wouldnt put him ahead of Austin yet. haha.
JeMarcus Russell is also 10X more talented than Joe Montana and Bart Starr put together. Martellus Bennet more talented than Mark Bavaro too.

Again, ridiculous to put a Rookie with zero playing time (even in preseason) who also was booted from his last season of football ahead of a 25 year-old WR who went to the Pro Bowl last year. Madden indeed. Plus I don't buy Bryant is more talented either. Like to see him do it vs Pros first.

.... and to say you would not kill someone for saying it. Well, that is about as off base a comment as I have seen on this board by him and you. Reminds me of the Roy Boy conversation from years past.

Last edited by herniateddisc : 08-24-2010 at 08:49 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:29 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
JeMarcus Russell is also 10X more talented than Joe Montana and Bart Starr put together. Martellus Bennet more talented than Mark Bavaro too.

Again, ridiculous to put a Rookie with zero playing time (even in preseason) who also was booted from his last season of football ahead of a 25 year-old WR who went to the Pro Bowl last year. Madden indeed. Plus I don't buy Bryant is more talented either. Like to see him do it vs Pros first.

.... and to say you would not kill someone for saying it. Well, that is about as off base a comment as I have seen on this board by him and you. Reminds me of the Roy Boy conversation from years past.
ughhhhhhhh.

I have zero idea what the hell you're talking about. And Roy Williams again? I was one of Roy's biggest haters. Both of them.

There is a difference between ranking a top flight prospect #1...compared to an unknown Miles Austin a few years back, who had major dropping problems. Bryant is coming in the league as an all-world talent...Miles turned himself into one, essentially.

You saying Austin was going to be amazing, holds as much water as you saying, Courtney Brown or Bobby Carpenter was going to be amazing, or someone of that nature. There have been many aliases over the years...so I may forget which ones were actually you...but you've seemed to like some of the pure measurable guys more.

Austin didnt look good for years...so forgive me for being wary to put him in the hall, or call him our best receiver, when he was an unknown...who was more known for dropping passes and rounding off his routes. There are plenty of receivers that have come and gone with his blend of size and speed. Randal Williams had a more impressive package...just so happens that one turned out to be a real player, and the other wasnt.

I wouldnt rank Bryant ahead of Miles right now...because I'm basing things off of not only talent, but on the field ability. Bryant gets #2 by default in my book, because he's so insanely talented. And Austin has obviously shown enough these days to be ranked numero uno. But if you wanted to figure it by pure talent or physical ability...Bryant is an absolute freak, the total package, and a top notch recruit. So no, I wouldnt kill someone if that's what they were trying to base it off of. Otherwise, Austin is the clear cut best.

But alas, Austin had many a red flag in his play years ago...to call him our best receiver before he did anything, just sounded silly at the time. Bryant, on the other hand, is about as good as it gets as a prospect, save his questionable attitude and colored past.

I hate when you're "right" about things. Because, then you never stop bringing that crap up. See you nailed that Bobby Carpenter being a stud in a 4-3 defense one as well. Sorry, I had to. ;)

You can hit me back, if Sam actually gets a chance to start or see extended time and fails elsewhere.

Everything should all be in good fun here...you make things a lot less fun, sometimes. This isnt a competition pally.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-24-2010 at 10:37 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I really do think Mcgee getting cut is a real possibility. Given all these injuries, depth at WR, and the play of some impressive rookie safeties.

Anyone else?

I'm also already looking around for potential QB cuts that we may be able to replace him with. Hell, Max Hall looks better than Mcgee at this point.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-24-2010, 10:55 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
ughhhhhhhh.

I have zero idea what the hell you're talking about. And Roy Williams again? I was one of Roy's biggest haters. Both of them.

There is a difference between ranking a top flight prospect #1...compared to an unknown Miles Austin a few years back, who had major dropping problems. Bryant is coming in the league as an all-world talent...Miles turned himself into one, essentially.

You saying Austin was going to be amazing, holds as much water as you saying, Courtney Brown or Bobby Carpenter was going to be amazing, or someone of that nature. There have been many aliases over the years...so I may forget which ones were actually you...but you've seemed to like some of the pure measurable guys more.

Austin didnt look good for years...so forgive me for being wary to put him in the hall, or call him our best receiver, when he was an unknown...who was more known for dropping passes and rounding off his routes. There are plenty of receivers that have come and gone with his blend of size and speed. Randal Williams had a more impressive package...just so happens that one turned out to be a real player, and the other wasnt.

I wouldnt rank Bryant ahead of Miles right now...because I'm basing things off of not only talent, but on the field ability. Bryant gets #2 by default in my book, because he's so insanely talented. And Austin has obviously shown enough these days to be ranked numero uno. But if you wanted to figure it by pure talent or physical ability...Bryant is an absolute freak, the total package, and a top notch recruit. So no, I wouldnt kill someone if that's what they were trying to base it off of. Otherwise, Austin is the clear cut best.

But alas, Austin had many a red flag in his play years ago...to call him our best receiver before he did anything, just sounded silly at the time. Bryant, on the other hand, is about as good as it gets as a prospect, save his questionable attitude and colored past.

I hate when you're "right" about things. Because, then you never stop bringing that crap up. See you nailed that Bobby Carpenter being a stud in a 4-3 defense one as well. Sorry, I had to. ;)

You can hit me back, if Sam actually gets a chance to start or see extended time and fails elsewhere.

Everything should all be in good fun here...you make things a lot less fun, sometimes. This isnt a competition pally.
I hate when people make up positions I don't take.

Whatever.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:07 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Vikings perhaps?

I don't have a mancrush on him like M.O.T.H. does(:P ) but he's really esay to like. He's versatile, unselfish, and still pretty young. He's the type of guy you want on your team, and I often wish that he could get a shot to catch some balls. The way things have crumbled though, it's unfortunate that he may not break out here in Dallas.

Another reason why he gets some love is that before Austin broke out, some of us thought that Hurd was the better player. I thought he was, but with the way Miles broke out last year I don't know if that may be the case.
Quote:
You're right D. Witten is the man, and he will be for several more years. Bennett right now is probably the best you could ask for without suffering huge injuries to Witten and/or the receiving corps. He needs to work on some things to reach his full potential, but he's a good blocker that plays behind one of the three best tight ends in the game. He just needs to be ready when the passes come his way and mature. He won't have that many chances to break out into a huge year with Witten being Witten. If he can be like an extra lineman, then he is worth having on the team.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote