Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-24-2010, 10:37 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Hurd might still be better than Austin ....
Bryant is better ....
Marty B was worth what we gave up for him in spite of the fact he might be a a career backup.

Have I missed something?
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
JeMarcus Russell is also 10X more talented than Joe Montana and Bart Starr put together. Martellus Bennet more talented than Mark Bavaro too.

Again, ridiculous to put a Rookie with zero playing time (even in preseason) who also was booted from his last season of football ahead of a 25 year-old WR who went to the Pro Bowl last year. Madden indeed. Plus I don't buy Bryant is more talented either. Like to see him do it vs Pros first.

.... and to say you would not kill someone for saying it. Well, that is about as off base a comment as I have seen on this board by him and you. Reminds me of the Roy Boy conversation from years past.
It's only a matter of time before Dez proves that he is better than Miles. Time doesn't stand in the way of me realizing who is better. Just remember who said it first. ;)
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:56 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
It's only a matter of time before Dez proves that he is better than Miles. Time doesn't stand in the way of me realizing who is better. Just remember who said it first. ;)
If Dez is better, great. We have a wonderful WR combo.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:28 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we move Hurd I have a feeling it'll be for a center. Not sure who'd be bidding or who'd make sense...but although Costa seems like a roster lock at this point it's almost by default.

I'd have no problem cutting McGee...chances are probably 50/50 he clears waivers...other teams have the tape to evaluate...if they bite we can find a future guy in the next draft. McGee isn't going to be a Schaub type player for us...so at this point he hasn't gotten the hype I have no problem cutting him and getting the best 53 on the team. We are likely gonna go deep at WR and at S. Maybe even NT although that doesn't make a ton of sense in my mind. Brent has shown enough to be a spell player for me. Even if he isn't the player of Savaii yet we drafted him and have more vested interest in him to make the team.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:04 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah NT is an interesting one. Siavii has played excellent this preseason. I think he's sticking around, personally...so as much as it sucks, we may go with 3.

As for Mcgee...he's still PS eligible. I'd rather look elsewhere for a QB, though.

Also...I'm not a big fan of this Holley making the team talk. The only way you keep Holley over Hurd, would be money...because, he's not anywhere close to the player. Hell, if Hurd is traded...I'd probably only go with 5 WRs then. And if you must go 6...I actually like Manny Johnson more than Holley.

I also wonder if Sam plays well again these next few games and Oggs does nothing, if Kevin would be in any kind of roster danger. Calvin Watkins said as much the other day as well. Not that, that is worth anything. lol. We assume Ogletree is safe...but there could be some surprises. But I still really doubt it, despite his struggles.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-25-2010 at 11:08 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:06 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like that the NT position is hard to choose. Siavii played well in his backup role last year, and he's played well in preseason to give the coaches enough confidence to get some time spelling Ratliff. Brent's played well too, and that's with a hand that's not 100%. It's a good problem to have there.

Another good problem is at safety. BTB is saying that the coaches like Hamlin, Church, and McCray. That's not counting AOA who looked nice last week too.

The more I look at the defense, the more excited I get. Remember last year when we thought depth was going to be an issue? That's certainly not the case at any level on D. Maybe at corner, but even then depth seems good with Gordon having experience. Plus you have Ball and AOA who could play that position if need be.

The Dallas D should be sick this year. My only concern is Ball getting picked on, but the pass rush looks like it is going to really help the secondary a lot.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:00 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

yo d-unit and all this is t-newfan, i dont know why my profile keeps switching back and forth. but whatev, if you could do something about that d-unit that would be cool. or give me a bad ass username haha.

but anyway i thought i got some respectability after i pwned thumper with that post haha. but im in college now so i've have some free time so i figured id post here for a bit.

as far as the team, i do believe in the blessing in disguise theory because we get to see all these young guys play, while none of the injuries are long term besides phillips, and we have the early bye week.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:11 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

This is what I want to read about when it comes to MB .... angry .... producing .....

Bennett has pretty much taken over camp the past three days. He told me Tuesday that he watched film of Brandon Marshall before practice every day because he loves his intensity. Bennett believes that he's been too nice of a guy to everyone in general and wants to play with more attitude. I don't know about the attitude, but he's catching everything. Perhaps he'll gain Garrett's trust heading into the season. As I mentioned earlier, I think he could be a huge weapon in the red zone.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:57 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So guys, who's your breakout cowboys player of the year?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:08 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Anthony Spencer
Old 08-27-2010, 11:04 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Dez Bryant is the obvious one....

But I'll say Marty B because no one is expecting it. 600 yards, 7-8 TDs. Last year he had 156 yards and 0 TDs.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Felix has a big year. I think he has 1100 yards and 12 TDs.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:32 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Alan Ball. Doesn't give up to many deep balls and is a ball hawk. Excellent range, has the perfect body and fluidity for a Free Safety.

As for people that are expected, I'd go with the above few posts. Dez, Felix, Marty B.

Darkhorse: Jason Hatcher.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going with Tashard Choice.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:14 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
Anthony Spencer
He already broke out...the guy is an abosulte stud and was our best defensive player for the latter part of the season. I get what you're saying, though. He can certainly break out from a statisical stand point.

As for my "breakout guy". Hell if I know, we're solid all around the roster. I'm hoping it's Alan Ball or another S.

Bowen would be my choice if he was starting.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-27-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:15 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Alan Ball. Doesn't give up to many deep balls and is a ball hawk. Excellent range, has the perfect body and fluidity for a Free Safety.

As for people that are expected, I'd go with the above few posts. Dez, Felix, Marty B.

Darkhorse: Jason Hatcher.
I wouldnt call Alan Ball a ball hawk at all. I just hope he's solid. Right now, I'm just expecting him to be decent and pretty quiet, which would be a good thing. But we'll see.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-27-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm going with Tashard Choice.
Maybe with an injury. Which there is a good chance of with our RBs. I'd love to move forward with Felix and Choice getting the bulk of the carries right now....but Marion's the big money maker, so despite being the worst, these days, he's going to get a lot of touches.

Marion looks cooked...hopefully he'll prove some of us wrong this year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-27-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

BBD, tashard choice? Interesting, but that would mean our run game is working... so i'll take it.

What are you predictions for the cowboys, BBD?
Old 08-27-2010, 02:19 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Fair enough MOTH, but I think Ball will show his range. Ball hawk might have been an overstatement, but he is a player. People are complaining about our safeties, but I think they are fine, if not a strength. Starters and depth wise. Just a hunch.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Fair enough MOTH, but I think Ball will show his range. Ball hawk might have been an overstatement, but he is a player. People are complaining about our safeties, but I think they are fine, if not a strength. Starters and depth wise. Just a hunch.
Hopefully you're right. Interesting that we may have two undrafted FA safeties make the team this year. I never would have guessed that. Sensabaugh needs to stop getting hurt. haha. But at least we get a look at Mike Hamlin. I actually hope Sensabaugh is out for at least week one, just so we can see Hamlin in some real game action.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-27-2010, 02:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I pick Choice because I think Barber is going to be relegated to short yardage, and I think theres a good chance Felix gets hurt. Its hard to pick a "breakout" guy bc there aren't many holes, and the places where there are holes, its hard to quantify.

I honestly don't know what to make of the Cowboys this year. The entire NFC East is one big cluster. This is probably the most unstable year the Beast has seen in awhile. We could put 3 teams in the playoffs, we could put 1. I can see both scenarios happening.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:25 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Oh...I'm sure the Rams are one of the teams that called about Hurd previously. They've been interested in damn near every available WR out there. Now that Donnie Avery is out for the year, perhaps they'll seriously pursue a Hurd trade. Their WR core is garbage...hopefully for their sake, Laurent Robinson becomes a player. When Amendola may be the best receiver on your team, you have a problem.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-27-2010, 02:30 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Just read that Boniol is staying on to tutor Buehler. Boniol was pretty damn good with us, but that bastard broke my heart one too many times. I still dont like him, just for a few kicks.

My biggest memory of him, is still was when he was on the Eagles, though. When he missed a game winner against us.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-27-2010 at 02:33 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:04 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

That's a fair statement BBD, as a die-hard Giants fan I can't expect you to say it's the Cowboys division to lose. haha.

As for what you said about kinda wanting to see Hamlin in week one and senseabuagh being out, I second this, but for ALL the injuries. Except Dez. My point being, and not to count our eggs before they hatch, and it's a divisional game in washington, but the redskins just look putrid. Add McNabb's ankle, I don't see why we can't win handedly with Brestwer, Hamlin, Hatcher, Holland etc. in the line-up. And i wouldn't want to rush any starters back from injury.

I know it's only one pre-season game, but Brewster did look impressive. If he turns out to be the RT of the future, and Free continues to progress... draft a few interior lineman with some high picks in the next 2-3 years and our offense should be set for a decade. That's a lot of variables, but just a nice thought. haha
Old 08-27-2010, 04:23 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

If you don't like Spencer b/c he is already a starter ... Free.