Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-27-2010, 05:57 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Just read that Boniol is staying on to tutor Buehler. Boniol was pretty damn good with us, but that bastard broke my heart one too many times. I still dont like him, just for a few kicks.

My biggest memory of him, is still was when he was on the Eagles, though. When he missed a game winner against us.
I also read that Nick Folk has won the Jets kicking job, we should all follow to see how he does this year because supposedly he's been pretty active. If he gets back to old form he'll be a steal, but he's going from shanking kicks in a dome with no weather to the snow and swirling winds.

Surprised he won the job outright, he's a big risk to go into the season with as a starter, even more so then what we have. Folk wasn't even close on alot of those kicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My picks are Jason Hatcher on defense and Doug Free on offense.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he returns to form, I'll be pretty pissed. I'm far from sold on Buehler. He's done well in camp, though...so that's a plus. The guy does tend to make some ugly ones, though. I wouldnt be shocked to see him pull one wide from any distance.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
If he returns to form, I'll be pretty pissed. I'm far from sold on Buehler. He's done well in camp, though...so that's a plus. The guy does tend to make some ugly ones, though. I wouldnt be shocked to see him pull one wide from any distance.
I'm doubting Buehler big time as well. I think he'll miss some heartbreakers this year, but Jerry Jones loves to learn the hard way.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 03:29 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He didnt do much, but i really liked the suddeness and fluidity when AOA was returning kicks. Granted, he had no where to go on his kick returns, but I like how he takes em back. He actually looks like a return man. Problem is...he nearly fumbled a couple of them away. Hopefully he holds onto the ball tonight, or he wont be getting that job. He's one of the players I'm most excited to get another look at tonight.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-28-2010, 05:20 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Free breaks out on offense while Sean Lee breaks out on defense. Free has nice movement, and Sean Lee has been talked up so highly. I think he'll shine in a few games when Bradie or Brooking gets hurt.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:20 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Among many frustrating things, seeing MBIII with that huge contract and he is clearly two steps slower than when he came into the league.

Most folks who know, knew, that contract was just too much for a guy who is/was a terribly violent back.

Too bad, great guy but he looks shot.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:25 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yup...I wish we could just move ahead with Jones/Choice.

O-Line looks great today guys. :/

On a good note...Bradie James has looked fantastic this preseason.

edit...nice tackle, Ball. :(

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-28-2010, 08:28 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Well...Ball officially looks like **** tonight. Come on kid.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-28-2010, 08:38 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sportsfans, by all means tune into CBS now.

Dallas has Barron & Holland in & they're getting their asses handed to them in Houston.

It's been a ******* massacre by Team Stupid so far
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

I for one am not worried at all. I don't believe in the preseason at all, I think it's a joke. And to be honest, the score is only 13-0. If this were a real game, who knows we could put up 35 in the second half and win 35-13.

Although like i said before i take nothing from the preseason, Roy has looked like he has a pulse lol, and my god marion barber is done. He isn't even a D2 college runningback right now. He is awful. Give the ball to choice.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:09 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn the O-line looked like ****. They're he only ones I'm worried about since there have been two big injuries there. Everything else was just a bad game. I hated how they played, but that's just one preseason game that doesn't mean much. If this crap happens in the regular season I'd be pissed, but now I'm just annoyed.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:01 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Dez may play next week. Honestly, they shouldnt even risk it. He probably wouldnt get much time with Romo anyway. I dont care how bad we looked...I dont want to see Romo getting extended action on Thursday...and a few live plays isnt worth getting Dez injured before the year begins.

I couldnt watch the end of the game...anyone want to fill me in on Hurd's receptions and Ogletree's Td? Just some specifics...routes, coverage, yards after catch, w/e. Did they play the rest of the game, from the 3rd quarter on? NFL network isnt replaying the game until Tuesday, I think.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-29-2010, 08:20 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

i only saw one hurd catch, about a 12 yard out where he got good seperation. ogletrees TD was just man to man, and he beat him on a fade to the endzone.

I like this game. For one, its a wake up call, second it gives us serious motivation for week 3, third the texans are gonna come into the game thinking itll be a joke, and fourth, we have 6 starters out if you include Dez.

Oh and i was reading an article that made a great point.. Anyone miss Marcus spears run D right now?... He is important to this defense.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:32 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I think we played very very vanilla on defense, I'm sure our coaches didn't want to show anything to the Texans. On the other hand, the Texans looked like they took this game like a regular season game and I think they showed a little too much of their playbook.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 12:55 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

It's going to be fun watching Kubiak throw his headset come the ground come week 3. That's all I have to say.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:02 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
i only saw one hurd catch, about a 12 yard out where he got good seperation. ogletrees TD was just man to man, and he beat him on a fade to the endzone.

I like this game. For one, its a wake up call, second it gives us serious motivation for week 3, third the texans are gonna come into the game thinking itll be a joke, and fourth, we have 6 starters out if you include Dez.

Oh and i was reading an article that made a great point.. Anyone miss Marcus spears run D right now?... He is important to this defense.

Lol Spears is trash, the entire defense was ran on 2nite, alot of those big runs weren't even to that side. Spears was on the field both plays vs the Ravens to close out the old Texas Stadium when they ran two 80 yard plays back to back. There are just times when teams double Ratliff, and we bring too much pressure to the wrong gaps and we get exploited. It happens.

I'm glad we got our ass kicked because we'll be on alert for week 3 no doubt. Plus did Jenkins even play? I barely saw him or Newman out there, Andre Johnson was out there beating up on Scandrick most of what I saw.

Also Ogletree's route was a fade it looked like with an outside release, beat his man deep, Hurd ran a nice out route I believe, but I was at the bar so hard to remember it all.

Quote:
Old 08-29-2010, 01:13 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marion Barber III, trade bait?

Too soon? No team will trade now with cuts coming up & plenty of RBs available, but wait until Wks 1-2 when the 1st injuries start happening. I can see Dallas dumping Barber in a heartbeat if he doesn't turn it up.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 02:05 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

LL, I am not the biggest spears fan, but he is miles better than Hatcher and Bowen in the Run D. And it shows.

As for barber, I said I'd take a fifth rounder for him. Jesus. He is awful. He can even run 10 yards without tripping over his own feet. Terrible.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the record, I'm going against the grain here. I'm not giving up on MB3. He will still be an asset for us.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 02:54 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
LL, I am not the biggest spears fan, but he is miles better than Hatcher and Bowen in the Run D. And it shows.

As for barber, I said I'd take a fifth rounder for him. Jesus. He is awful. He can even run 10 yards without tripping over his own feet. Terrible.
So then how do you explain games where we have gotten run all over when he was starting? You don't have an explanation for where he was at when McGahee and McClain rumbled all over the field on us?

Both runs were directly at Spears, nothing cute about it.

Here is the 1st one where he is nowhere to be found.

Seriously, watch #96, it's embarassing. Once again they ran directly at him, and he got pushed out of the play so damn fast you would think he was a PS player.

I could think of lots of other examples but these were the only ones I know of on film easy to spot. I've never acted like Spears wasn't good against the run, but your getting carried away by saying he's "miles better vs the run" then Hatcher or Spears. It's just not true.

Both of those guys are better players, overall, vs the pass and run at this point. Spears in the line-up wasn't going to change anything about the way Foster ran the ball last night.

But if you have an explanation as to why he was nowhere to be found on those plays I'd be willing to listen, because frankly there is no excuse. You also can't watch those plays and tell me he is miles better vs the run then anyone on our team frankly.

The plays are very clear, and while their not entirely on him if he held the POA they don't happen, especially the McGahee run.

Quote:
Old 08-29-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

That was two plays... in the 4th quarter of a game. Peyton Manning threw a pick 6 to lose the super bowl.. does he suck? (Im not a manning supporter so this is a contradiction to myself, but everyone else sucks his ugly dick lol)

Hatcher is my darkhouse to break out, don't get me wrong there either. I just think Spears is undervalued in the running game. And it will show.

But Dez is going to make the difference. Just watch. Ahhh i cant wait!
Old 08-29-2010, 05:10 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Dude... the second run (first video) isn't at spears lol
Old 08-29-2010, 05:18 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
For the record, I'm going against the grain here. I'm not giving up on MB3. He will still be an asset for us.
I feel the same way. He had a good season last year, but people are so excited about Felix and Choice that he got overshadowed. He nearly got 1000 yards while missing a couple of games and sharing carries with two other backs. That's really solid when you consider the circumstances. He gets paid too much for the role he has, but there isn't much that can be done about that now. Maybe he'll eventually get cut or traded, but right now he's still a key player on the team.

Old 08-29-2010, 06:57 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Mcnabb isnt getting any better...we may see Grossman week 1. HA.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS