Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-02-2010, 06:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think Safety will be a need even if AOA shows starting potential.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 06:58 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Yo why don't you become a redskinds fan or something man. Lol all you do is hate, then when something goes good you say something along the lines of "it won't work for long" or some ********.

And your constant hate on Jerry, sure he isn't perfect, but he is a hell of an owner. He has 3 rings, albeit multiple years ago, but it doesn't matter. He may get to involved, but he is a quality owner.

And once Dez blows up, which he will, because Dez tells god if it's gonna be sunny or rain outside today, what are you going to say? THAT WAS JERRY's move in the war room. Not Garrett, and certainly not Wade's happy go lucky donut eating defensive ass who made that call.

So when Dez goes off, what are you going to say? "Oh once is a life Jerruh"

Your like that girl in high school who cries about everything.

And to mods and admins, this is NOT an attack. Just making a case here. thank you.

EDIT: It's like we'll win a game 45-10 and Romo throws 4 TD's and no picks, and you'll talk about the one bad throw he had. Chill out man.
Um, do you want to address my post or rant?

And when it comes to crying like a HS girl, your post is right up there in the category. Talk about sensitive.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:31 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is rough to watch. Holland and Barron should be playing like starters...but they look just like the rest of the ****** 2nd team OL.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:35 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tons of sources popping up that Crayton is done in Dallas. We'll see what happens in the next two days.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:47 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We might have the worst 2nd string offensive line in the NFL.

The only guy I even like on the 2nd string Sam Young is hurt.
Brewster would be much better off on the inside. It would be awesome to see us invest a top pick on a position that rarely busts. That guard from alabama would be sexy.

Just a overall lack of execution at every level. I know it's the last preseason game and everything but we have yet to execute a drive on offense all preseason. Everyone likes to point out W-L records don't matter...but top tier teams execute when they are out there. We've not done it once.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-02-2010, 07:51 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Sean Lee looks even worse than Carpenter so far this preseason....I haven't seen any of the things on the field that i've read in the practice reports...he looks soft and hasn't shed a blocker in the past two games.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-02-2010, 07:54 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HURD!

What just happened? I'm not watching. WOOT!

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-02-2010, 07:59 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol I wish you had saw it i pictured you going nuts.

I also think McGee is much better then you give him credit for MOTH, he's not awesome by any stretch of the imagination, but he looks twice as good as last year and that's what I wanted to see. In another year who knows, I just think your a little too tough in bashing him, he's trying to develop into a solid back-up QB, not a franchise QB.

We didn't need 2 be greedy in taking a QB in the 4th round and expect him to be so lights out by this point that teams would be knocking our door down 2 give us a 2nd rounder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Mcgee has looked like **** this preseason. I'm sure I'll like what i see from him today, though. I cant watch it until tomorrow.

But honeslty...if he had a bad game tonight, he may have been looking at a cut.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-02-2010 at 08:02 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:03 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Mcgee has looked like **** this preseason.
Well were just gonna have to disagree then, he's looked better then Kitna, and his athleticism is very attractive back there. He's been getting better and better and no reason to think he won't continue to. Kolb stares his WR's down more then McGee and look how long he's been in the league, and is their starting QB, new franchise guy.

Quote:
Old 09-02-2010, 08:07 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Hurd can't be cut. There is no justifiable reason.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:07 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Well were just gonna have to disagree then, he's looked better then Kitna, and his athleticism is very attractive back there. He's been getting better and better and no reason to think he won't continue to. Kolb stares his WR's down more then McGee and look how long he's been in the league, and is their starting QB, new franchise guy.
What? Kitna has played well this preseason. Many believed Mcgee was playing for a roster spot today. That he wasnt even assured a spot.

Mcgee and the word bubble have been thrown around a lot lately.

With him playing well today...I dont see how they could cut him now, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-02-2010, 08:20 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Michael Hamlin looks good out here. Very nice pass break up on the ball that he almost picked off. He's a gamer, I like him. I also don't think McGee is playing all that different today then any other week, the throw to Hurd was beautiful and in the perfect spot, but I didn't see anything else really new.

Bad play by Jason Williams in coverage, never turned his head around and got a PI, if he does thats a pick. Bad sign.

Quote:
Old 09-02-2010, 08:32 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Buehler with a nice 51 yarder to close the half right down the middle, he still had at least 10 more yards worth of distance. I think he can make a few 60 yarders inside our stadium. His short accuracy is gonna worry me until he shows otherwise, but he can smash the ball 50 yards out with ease.

Quote:
Old 09-02-2010, 08:34 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Dude that wouldve been good from 65.

I like this game. It's getting the team pumped. Buehler's field goal, McGee to Hurd for a 50 yard TD.. this is what this team needs. I like it.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:35 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Honestly...if they wanted to keep the best players. You cut Ogletree, if you keep 5 WRs. Probably not going to happen, though. He's young and his contract is minimal. It is interesting reading those comments from Crayton's agent. Makes it sound like he's on the outs.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-02-2010, 08:38 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Cutting Ogletree just doesn't make sense though, you don't just give up on a 2nd year WR that fast because of a down Training Camp, if anything you keep 6 WR's, or find a suitor for Crayton to keep 5, cutting Ogletree would be stupid and a huge mistake.

Somebody would pick him up immediately, and you have at least got to give him until his 3rd season. He just showed way too much promise as a rookie, talent, and poise to just erase that away that easy. I'll take what he's done in regular season games, in big situations, over right now any day. I wouldn't even think twice about cutting him. If he was a 3rd round pick nobody would be talking about cutting him, but it's like because he was undrafted he should just get let go alot easier.

Quote:
Old 09-02-2010, 08:43 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I don't see any reason to keep Saivii...he's scheduled to make over a million and how many snaps is the backup NT gonna see? That right away saves a roster spot. Maybe not a roster spot but that is a hot spot for discussion.

I don't think you can keep Leon Williams...I keep Octavian over him because of special teams.

After this game we all have to do our 53 man predictions.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-02-2010, 08:46 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I wouldnt cut Ogletree yet. I'm just saying...if you wanted to keep the 5 best, he's on the outside looking in. He's done nothing to make the team this year. He's had dropping problems, an inconsistant camp, some bad preseason performances. Factor in what people say about his overall focus. He's taken a step back from last year.

Say the first four were set and it came down to Hurd/Ogletree. Not even taking contracts into consideration....I'd take Hurd, because he's a better player.

But again, Ogletree does have a favorable contract...he just hasnt looked as good as the players in front of him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-02-2010, 08:50 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Thule, Octavian has flown under the radar. They made that a point today on Talkin' Cowboys. He is a sleeper. Leon Williams started over Jason... not a great sign for Jason.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:51 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Brewster... Looks.... AWFUL.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:53 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Leon Williams started over Jason... not a great sign for Jason.
I know, I saw that and wasn't happy :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I wouldnt cut Ogletree yet. I'm just saying...if you wanted to keep the 5 best, he's on the outside looking in. He's done nothing to make the team this year. He's had dropping problems, an inconsistant camp, some bad preseason performances. Factor in what people say about his overall focus. He's taken a step back from last year.

Say the first four were set and it came down to Hurd/Ogletree. Not even taking contracts into consideration....I'd take Hurd, because he's a better player.

But again, Ogletree does have a favorable contract...he just hasnt looked as good as the players in front of him.

I'm still taking Ogletree over Crayton regardless. I mean, what point would it be to keep Crayton? In 3 WR sets it's RW, Austin, and Dez. Then next year I'd EASILY take Ogletree over Crayton who should be declining heavily at that point. I mean maybe if someone got hurt we would be happy we had Patty instead but that wouldn't be a decision I'd make.

Best case scenario Crayton has no use for us this year, and certainly not next. Best case for Ogletree or even Hurd is the #3 guy next year. I wouldn't cut that for average consistency in Crayton who only plays if someone gets hurt.

Quote:

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 09-02-2010 at 08:56 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:14 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

I don't think you coudlve dreamed up a better night for Beler, or McGee. Good for the teams moral. Starters got energized by the success. Should be good for the team. I like it.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:16 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

What an exciting game. I really wanted to win this game badly, bright spot is obviously Buehler, he's looking better and better. Again, McGee played very solid 2nite, moved the ball well, I liked what I saw.

Brewster got his ass whooped at LT though. If he was the LT on that play where Manuel Johnson scored but was called out at the 12, the one that put us in position for that FG, if you guys who missed it get to see it later, pay close attention to the LT.

He was holding like no ones business, I can't believe it wasn't called. We got a home field gift right there, it was painfully obvious too, good thing it didn't screw up a great throw, catch, and run on what should have been a TD.

Quote:
Old 09-02-2010, 10:29 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I don't get why Brewster isn't getting inside snaps. We have trash for depth. We have our swing tackle...is Barron on the last year of his deal or something? Brewster just doesn't have the lateral movement to play on the outside effectively throughout a whole ballgame. Atleast if you put him inside we can see if we need to use a pick there in the future....this trying him at LT trash makes me sick.

Designs by me
Quote: