Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-04-2010, 07:23 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Pouncey can play anywhere on the interior, same for the one on the Steelers and the one coming out this upcoming draft. Pitt just needed him more there. We absolutely need a guy who can play G/C and be a stud anywhere we needed him. We got lucky with Davis in FA because he was a former tackle who we found a better fit at Guard. Columbo was coming off a big injury and some thought was done, we always can't rely on those types of chances, I want some premium picks there.

I guess I'm different then a few others here in that I would not be upset at all with a G in the 1st, just like I would have liked Iupati if he was there and he's gonna be a pro bowler. You wait on a guy and end up with a bust like Duke Robinson who alot of people wanted on the Cowboys.
Cody Wallace is available, released by the 9ers Friday. From Texas, played at TAMU, pure center who only weighs 285 though.

Quote:
Someone should really look at how bad Parcells has drafted since going to Miami, since some people act like he is such a better football guy then Jerry.
Note the Fins dumped their 2nd rd. picks from the last 2 yrs. off the Parcells Era yesterday. Parcells always preferred FAs anyway, hated playing rookies b/c he didn't trust them.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:35 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
1) Columbo was a nice pet project... but come on now... He's only given us 3 and half good years and we're already talking about the need to replace him. Good short term pick up, nothing more.

2) Rivera is still another BP OL folly. I don't care if he got hurt. I wanted Wahle.

3) Parcells flopped early and late in the draft on our OL...not just late. Jacob Rogers...2nd rounder. Stephen Peterman.. 3rd. Al Johnson... 2nd (the year after we drafted Gurode, mind you). In fact, Parcells wanted to move Gurode to Guard, then late got credit for moving him back to Center... where Jerry originally planned for him in the first place.

4) I think if you look at the OL that we have brought in (Brewster/Young) and the ones that we have shown interest in (Unger/Iupati), then you can quickly realize what kind of OL that Houck wants to build here. There has been no confusion. The 2 guys you mention (Free/Kosier)... they aren't guys brought in during Houck's reign. Yes, the OL is a work in progress... but Free is here to stay... even if he doesn't work out on the left side. We know he can start on the right.

5) Many of the "late" rounders??? As if to filter them out? Hmmm... How about every single Parcells OL draft pick failed. Early and late. Jacob Rogers, Stephen Peterman, Rob Petitte, Pat McQuistan, EJ Whitley. I don't think I can blame the system for any of their failures.

6) The moment Gurode no longer serves us well at Center is the day we need to cut him. He's not worth the money to keep him on at Guard. I think Guards are easily found in the draft and FA.

7) OL can generally play longer than most other positions. Kosier, Gurode, Davis and Colombo aren't retiring before their contracts run out. Nobody ever knows how good your young OL are until they actually face live bullets.

8) Parcells did the most amazing job turning this team around, and I love him more than any coach we've had (since I've been cheering for the Cowboys) for it. But I'm not going to generalize everything in saying it was awesome, and not point out any of his mistakes either.
Wahle? I guess. Not sure I knew much about him or Rivera but we needed a Guard and we got Marco. He got injured so to say it was a bad move .... I guess in hindsight but that is like say the National made a horrible choice taking Strasburg.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:37 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Herniateddisc... you kinda just got dominated... lol.

But anyway... INTERIOR O-LINE ONE OF THE FIRST 2 ROUNDS!!!

FTW.

And yes, Garrett is what will hold us back for THIS season.
Not sure what exactly your are talking about but enjoy yourself.

But yeah, last few LT was a earl second (Flo).
C was a early second (Gurode).
G was the 2nd pick in the draft (Davis).
Colombo was the 29th.

We did/do have alot of talent on the line in spite of their age and diminshing skills.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:39 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
You know, the boys have been getting grilled for shipping out Crayton. I like Crayton and would have preferred to keep him.

However, I find many of the people criticizing the team for this are the same people that have killed Jerry over the years for not having a more NE approach and getting rid of guys that either stop progress or are reaching the end of their career. JJ has done just this and gets criticized for it.
Who is criticizing Jerry for trading a 4/5 receiver?

I think everyone is pretty happy we got something for him and McQuistan.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:03 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

It's the final round of survivor between leon williams and lissemore.. One will be cut for a cornerback.

I like the roster chose by our team. We kept the best PLAYERS for the most. Also, cletis gordon doesn't cut it as a 4th corner. Ik you can't be picky about a 4th corner, but there will be a significant upgrade from cuts we could sign.

EDIT: and carpenter got cut.... WOW you suck at life bobby. Go be in the hills have eyes 3 you ugly looking redneck.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:06 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Jarron Gilbert anyone? He got cut. Wow, after one year.

Carp got cut. They were playing him at DE pre-season. That hand writing was on the wall the minute they asked him to switch (again). He needs to be a 4-3 SOLB FWIW.

Would not mind Leinart instead of what we got as a backup. Maybe even Hunter Cantwell or Bomar. But I am sure that is controversial since folks seem to want "experience."

I love Andre Brown if we could trade MBIII.

Hartwig is interesting but too expensive I sense.

Hardy WR is interesting if he could get healthy. I liked him years back and so did Jerruh.

Dre Bly, Chevis Jackson or Nathan Vasher not bad bench CB.

Anyone pick up on anything interesting for the team???
Old 09-04-2010, 09:09 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

I'd take Dre Bly as my 4th corner in a heartbeat. That's legit.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:54 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, after all that Gilbert love it looks like he's a bust.

Bly, Jackson, or Vasher would be great as a 4th like Bob said. I'd rather take Vasher since he has been good before on returns.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:05 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Damn, after all that Gilbert love it looks like he's a bust.

Bly, Jackson, or Vasher would be great as a 4th like Bob said. I'd rather take Vasher since he has been good before on returns.
I'd go for the best ball hawk, a dude who would come in and get a pick. So yeah, i'll actually take Vasher. LOL remember his like 8 INT year and he made the pro-bowl... lol scrubs.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jarron Gilbert cut? Bring him on. He's not a 4-3 DT. Total miscast.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 12:25 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was very surprised to see Jamar Wall cut. Thoughts from those that have followed closely this preseason?
Old 09-05-2010, 12:45 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wall looked okay, but not better than Gordon and McCann. He didn't outright suck rather than just get outplayed by better guys. He basically lived up to expectations for me, but the two guys ahead of him were simply better.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 01:02 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty much what E said up there. He showed some flashes...I think he's good enough to warrant a roster spot somewhere. But I doubt anyone picks him up off the wire. There was a time early on, where he looked great and was making tons of plays in training camp. But as he said, Gordon and Mccann both played better and we didnt keep either of them, either. He could wind up on our practice squad. We already offered Mccann a spot, if he passes through waivers.

I actually think Wall should lose a little weight.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-05-2010 at 01:07 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McCann was claimed by the Ravens today. Looks like he's taking Prince Miller's spot. Does McCann have any potential to be excited about? Looks like we'll need a punt returner so I guess we'll try him there too.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 01:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ummm....he's pretty slight of frame, despite what he's listed at. But he's got excellent speed (4.3's) and as Dave Campo has said, he has great technique. But he can be bullied. I like how he runs kicks back. He never really broke any big gainers, aside from one nice punt return, but he shows good burst. He played well throughout the preseason...the biggest knock on him was just his size/strength. Campo loved his overall technique and effort out there. The guy has some potential, sucks to lose him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-05-2010, 01:26 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Jarron Gilbert cut? Bring him on. He's not a 4-3 DT. Total miscast.
That's true. I interviewed him at San Jose St. where he led the BCS for TFLs his sr. yr. & he said he was best "at a 5-technique." He needs a 4-3 to bring out his best.

He has an NFL pedigree, his father was a 6-7, 308 OT for the Saints before 300-pounders were normal.

I don't expect Jarron Gilbert to be unemployed for too long.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 01:50 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default So far...

Hate to see McCann get picked up because I thought he could do something here in the future. Good for him...............But I believe Church and McCray would have been picked up. I just saw Wall being picked up by Houston.

As for Gilbert......it was just one of those players who people just fall in love before the draft. Where are all those posters who bashed the cowboys for not drafting in back than.

Remember....a fan of the team not the players.

Dixon.....i think price has more potential than Dixon. Dixon will be a good serviceable DL men, but nothing more.
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 01:56 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yup.

I didnt hear about the Wall pick up but...

Mccann = Ravens
Dixon = Jets
Wall = Texans
Siavii = Seahawks

Pretty damn interesting. Reflects well on our talent, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-05-2010 at 01:58 PM.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Taking a quick look at our roster I think it's quite obvious that we've been good at drafting (or picking up undrafted players) in the last couple of years. Out of 53 players, only 10 were acquired through FA/trade.
Out of this 10 players 5 are offensive liners, that's 50%. Drafting quality OL has been a problem for us, we've solved this problem by picking up nice players such as Colombo, Kosier and Davis but it's something that, as you all said, we have to solve.
Anyway, since FA is still part of the game, I think we don't have a lot to complain about our recent drafts. I think we've done a very good job.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 02:26 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Yup

My Practice hopefuls:

Sharpe - More of a Thumper, but always good to have one of those
Miller - We might need a RB in the season or next year
Donaldson - see above
M. Johnson - WR next year...Hurd might or will be gone.
@#$@ -TE I can remember his name...we jsut cut him lazy to look.

and a couple of CB....I think.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:35 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

We may have to keep Teddy Williams now. I'm sure Dallas thought they'd be able to retain Wall or Mccann.

And we signed TE Scott Chandler to the practice squad already, so that's one.

RB Lonyae Miller/Herb Donaldson, G Travis Bright, WR Manny Johnson, WR Jesse Holley, CB Teddy Williams, TE Scott Chandler will more than likely be on.

That leaves two spots.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-05-2010, 02:37 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

Default Ok

Not a fan of Teddy Williams. I just don't think he has it. Scott Chandler glad to see him back. He knows the system.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:54 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Wall is on a 53 man roster... Damn. Some NFL teams do suck. haha
Old 09-05-2010, 03:57 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

Default Practice team

Jesse Holley WR
Manny Johnson, WR
Lonyae Miller RB
Martin Rucker TE
Travis Bright OL
Teddy Williams CB
Scott Chandler TE
Cliff Louis OL
Old 09-05-2010, 04:00 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Teddy Williams! 9.9 100 meters lets go.