Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-08-2010, 05:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll see...I hate when Ogletree returns kicks, personally. He's not a good return man.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:54 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a fan of Ogletree on the kickoffs either, but there isn't much risk with having him back there. Dez has a big role, and AOA is an injury away from being the third corner. Ogletree probably won't see the field outside of special teams, so I think they may give him a chance on the returns. I think that AOA will get primary return duties, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Ogletree out there with him instead of Dez or Felix.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:02 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AOA was drafted to be the KR, when you look at his film, that was probably the reason why we wanted him in the first place was to upgrade the return units. If we were worried about the CB depth we should have kept more then 3(which is pretty stupid and will probably bite us in the ass). I don't see any reason to not put him back there, he's got the most upside to be the best guy we have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:56 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree...but the plan prior to Dez being injured, was to have Dez do all the returning. And Wade says he'll be active in the return game this week. So it clouds things up a bit.

When Dez is 100% healthy...I hope we settle with AOA at kick return and Dez at punt return. Seems like that would be the most ideal right now and hopefully, AOA can take over punt returns as soon as Dez becomes a larger part in the offense.

edit...speaking of corner depth...with all the depth we have at safety, it seems like corner is probably be in AOA's future. I would have loved to see him play a little corner in the preseason.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-09-2010 at 07:06 AM.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:07 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

And Yeah...I'm actually getting really nervous for this game, because of Kosier and Colombo's status.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-09-2010, 11:40 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Punt return...AOA, Newman, or Bryant.

Hopefully AOA is active and back there...
It seems like every yr. there is one rookie ballcarrier who emerges from nowhere as the impact rookie & makes everybody say Who's that guy? Where TH did he come from? It was Tyson Thompson from San Jose St. with one yr's college starting experience at RB & KR a few yrs. ago for Dallas.

AOA from Indiana (of PA) has that description written all over him. It's p/o of a long Dallas tradition stretching way back to Bullet Bob Hayes, & he's in the Ring.

High expectations for AOA, I say use him as an exclusive KR instead of top pick Bryant regardless of whatever meaningless statement Wade gave to the press, lying effectively to the press is p/o a pro HC's required skillset these days (see: Bad Billy Bellichick in NE).

I think AOA is Stanford sr. WR's Chris Owusu's cousin, & Owusu (who also is a Cardinal KR & runs like a 4.36 40) is Andrew Luck's fave target. If Roy Williams tanks this season I say draft Owusu & reunite him with his cousin in Dallas to replace Williams, who s/b given his walking pprs if he doesn't Cowboy Up in 2010.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:59 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I agree...but the plan prior to Dez being injured, was to have Dez do all the returning. And Wade says he'll be active in the return game this week. So it clouds things up a bit.

When Dez is 100% healthy...I hope we settle with AOA at kick return and Dez at punt return. Seems like that would be the most ideal right now and hopefully, AOA can take over punt returns as soon as Dez becomes a larger part in the offense.

edit...speaking of corner depth...with all the depth we have at safety, it seems like corner is probably be in AOA's future. I would have loved to see him play a little corner in the preseason.

I actually thought the plan all along was AOA on KR, and Dez on PR's, it just seems like KR is way too much for a guy planning to be involved heavily on offense. Dez is already declared 100% and he's been well rested, as well as us being extra cautious.

I also really don't think AOA is gonna play corner, or at least be moved to play there. If that was the case we would have probably started him out there, I wouldn't start to overthink it because we only kept 3 CB's, why not just move him now and make him the 4th corner?

AOA's future is at Safety, I really don't think you work him there all off-season, then because we keep 3 CB's just move him so soon. I'd be willing to put all my money on Safety being his position of the future. He'd actually have a chance to start there as soon as 2011 if he practices there. At CB he's no better then a slot CB and if we draft a Corner early next year(
which we should) he'd be even lower.

Anything can happen, and I do expect him to play Corner in a pinch, but I'm sticking with his position with the team being safety short term and long term, no doubt.

Quote:
Old 09-09-2010, 12:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I actually thought the plan all along was AOA on KR, and Dez on PR's, it just seems like KR is way too much for a guy planning to be involved heavily on offense. Dez is already declared 100% and he's been well rested, as well as us being extra cautious.

I also really don't think AOA is gonna play corner, or at least be moved to play there. If that was the case we would have probably started him out there, I wouldn't start to overthink it because we only kept 3 CB's, why not just move him now and make him the 4th corner?

AOA's future is at Safety, I really don't think you work him there all off-season, then because we keep 3 CB's just move him so soon. I'd be willing to put all my money on Safety being his position of the future. He'd actually have a chance to start there as soon as 2011 if he practices there. At CB he's no better then a slot CB and if we draft a Corner early next year(
which we should) he'd be even lower.

Anything can happen, and I do expect him to play Corner in a pinch, but I'm sticking with his position with the team being safety short term and long term, no doubt.
Dez was going to be the primary KR this year, but he got hurt. AOA wasnt even expected to be in the mix initially, because of his own recovery from injury.

As for him playing CB...it depends. I just think since we have soooo many safties...a move is certainly possible down the line. Considering he's the only one, aside from Ball that can do it. And AOA was a S/CB prospect...a lot of teams were looking at him as a corner as well. We'll see.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-09-2010 at 01:05 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:17 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marc Colombo out for this game, his knee again. This is not a good thing

What's Kosier's status?
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 05:26 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I think he's doubtful. He hasnt returned yet. Questionable at best, but it's not looking promising.

Miles signed his extension today. I havent heard any figures, but he signed through 2016. This one should be interesting...especially considering Roy's contract as a bit of a comparitive edge for Mile's camp.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-09-2010, 11:17 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Too much money for Miles IMHO. And I luv Miles.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:40 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

What range were you expecting Rob? It is the going rate, he couldn't make less money then Roy is getting right now I don't think.

He got 18 million guaranteed for 6 years, compared to 16 million guaranteed for Greg Jennings when he signed his extension which was only 3 years. We got Austin locked up alot longer for roughly the same guaranteed amount and the Packers have to figure out how to re-sign Jennings again in the middle of his prime.

It breaks down to roughly 9 million per year, but the guaranteed portion is the key part to focus on because it's rare a player finishes out the back end of a deal without him getting it re-worked or moved. Still considering his age, the type of season, pro bowl appearance, I expected it to be within 7.5-9 a year.

Yea it would have been nicer to have it closer to the 7.5 end of the deal, but if he has another season similiar to what he did last year I won't complain.

I'd bet Sidney Rice gets a deal very similiar when his time comes.

Quote:
Old 09-10-2010, 01:27 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It sucks to hear about Columbo not playing, and Kosier being doubtful to play isn't helping.

I can't wait to see Dez play though. That guy always did something cool in college, and I just can't wait to see him making some really great catches.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:01 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
What range were you expecting Rob? It is the going rate, he couldn't make less money then Roy is getting right now I don't think.

He got 18 million guaranteed for 6 years, compared to 16 million guaranteed for Greg Jennings when he signed his extension which was only 3 years. We got Austin locked up alot longer for roughly the same guaranteed amount and the Packers have to figure out how to re-sign Jennings again in the middle of his prime.

It breaks down to roughly 9 million per year, but the guaranteed portion is the key part to focus on because it's rare a player finishes out the back end of a deal without him getting it re-worked or moved. Still considering his age, the type of season, pro bowl appearance, I expected it to be within 7.5-9 a year.

Yea it would have been nicer to have it closer to the 7.5 end of the deal, but if he has another season similiar to what he did last year I won't complain.

I'd bet Sidney Rice gets a deal very similiar when his time comes.
I guess I need to see the contract with guarantees first. Seemed like a lot of years in order to amortize a big bonus.

But to compare to Roy Douche Williams......... that might be the worst contract in Pro Football and one of the 5 worst trades all time.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:12 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Now with his contract in hand, all the douches who hated on Austin will be talking about him in the same breadth as Andre Johnson or Calvin Johnson.

I knew this kid could be good the minute I saw him catch a ball in the middle of a Cover-2 and turn up field with burst and power. Not like most WR who are so ready to be punked they almost throw themselves on the floor as soon as they catch the ball.

He plays right and he has physical ability. Good for him. Hope he bangs Angelina Jolie next.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:16 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
Now with his contract in hand, all the douches who hated on Austin will be talking about him in the same breadth as Andre Johnson or Calvin Johnson.

I knew this kid could be good the minute I saw him catch a ball in the middle of a Cover-2 and turn up field with burst and power. Not like most WR who are so ready to be punked they almost throw themselves on the floor as soon as they catch the ball.

He plays right and he has physical ability. Good for him. Hope he bangs Angelina Jolie next.
Yeah bro!

Anyway, I'm chomping at the bit for this game. I might jiz my pants when i see Dez on that field. 2 days!
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, I hope you don't mean to imply that you were ever his only fan. Many were excited the moment we picked him up as an UDFA. I was happy because I thought he was going to be drafted. He was a relatively speaking... expensive UDFA and I'm glad he chose us over the Giants. I remember some Giants fans being jealous that we landed their homestate Monmouth guy. His measurables were outstanding. The only thing that ever held him back was his route running, timing with Romo and opportunity. That said... I never hugged his jock as hard as you did, so you definitely can hang your head on that.

Don't let your Austin love blind you from having Dez love though. Dez is the superior talent.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Too much money for Miles IMHO. And I luv Miles.
With $18 million guaranteed, this is a good contract.

Keep in mind, that if JJ had waited unitl mid season and Miles was tearing it up, he would have cost JJ 22 or 25 guaranteed. Don't forget that waiting on Romo cost JJ some money. Had he done Romo prior to the season starting, he probably could have got him for quite a bit less. Romo blows up so he has to fork over $60+ million. Of course, Romo is a bargain now, but my point is that by waiting, JJ was running the risk of the price of poker going up considerably.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:28 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Take it for what it's worth, because he's wrong a lot. But Todd Archer said he expects Felix to be the primary kick returner for Sunday at least. And eventually give way to Dez.

I hope he's wrong...we know what Felix can do when fully committed and when he actually gets some blocking. But I dont want him doing it anymore. Hell, i dont even want Dez doing it. Put in AOA!

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-10-2010, 08:15 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read Felix on kick returns and Dez on punt returns.

I feel like I've said this too many times but when you have a dynamic talent you get them the ball however you can. People say well the hits are worse as a returner...and while that may certainly be true from time to time it can happen on a carry or a catch also. I have no problem with our star players being returners...because this offense doesn't run through one person. Get the ball in your playmakers hands and if they get injured so be it...it coulda happened on an offensive position also.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:20 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

The hits arent necessarily worse, but there is an injury risk. It's an unnecessary risk for Felix, especially when we have someone waiting in the wings in AOA, with considerable return potential. I just want to see Felix put all his focus into RB and actually have him see a much more substantial role in the offense.

I have no problem with Dez returning punts...but I'd rather him not kick return.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-10-2010, 08:24 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess it comes down to Felix vs. AOA. How big you feel the gap is between them. I'd love to see us actually block for Felix this year...if he is dynamic idc you let him do it. If he is averaging the pitiful 24 per return or w/e it was last year...then ya make the switch.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-10-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Couldnt tell you at this point. AOA looks fantastic with the ball in his hands, though. I'm loving the burst he has.

Hopefully our blocking has improved...it didnt matter who was returning them last year. Blocking was piss poor.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-10-2010, 08:51 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

I wonder what Garrett's gameplan will be this Sunday night with Kosier and Columbo out. Does he run some screens to throw off the Redskins' new 3-4 defense? I'm thinking that Barber, Witten, and Dez are probably big factors in this game. Barber will be good at attacking the Redskins' interior while Witten and Dez get some opportunities to exploit the backers of the Redskins. I bet Andre Carter gets picked on pretty badly.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:52 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

This probably isn't the place for this but just some food for thought.

I find it extremely hard to believe that this team will win 10 games. We have a ridiculous schedule. Ya we get the NFC North like the rest of the NFC east...but we get Chicago and Detroit at home...and have to go to lambo and the metrodome...

Then we play the AFC South....we get Tenn and Jax at home...then have to go to Houston and Indy in their house....man we got screwed.

Then on top of that we draw New Orleans as one of the 2 random games we can get...christ someone doesn't like us.

If we aren't 3-0 going into our bye week look out...this could be a team that tops out at 9 wins.

4-0 going into the minnesota would give us a bit of room to have a couple of bad games...but a loss in the first 4 games is going to have me worried.

We need to be able to run the ball on first and second downs effectively. If Garrett proves we can do that I'm confident we'll be a super bowl contender...if not I'm scared. Bob Strum has had some amazing write-ups over the past week....interesting to note from them is that we aren't an effective shot-gun team that most people think we are. Let's hope Garrett realizes a bit of this also.

Designs by me
Quote: