Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-12-2010, 10:56 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Making the playoffs just got a ton of a lot harder. A loss to a NFC East opponent makes this climb almost unrealistic.
Wouldn't go that far but team needs to play smarter.

We have like 16 penalties.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:56 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
I thought on two of those passes he was taken off stride and was expecting a hit plus his feet got tangled up it seemed both times. On the one CLIP play, I thought he looked fast but he got the ball in stride.

But he is catching everything and is getting wide open.
Def. not going to argue about him getting open and catching everything. I just thought he looked a step slow for him, after the catch.. He was being hawked down rather quickly. Could have been fatigue as well. Just looked slower.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:58 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked a few things today. Dez showed a good grasp...had a mental lapse when not reading the blitz and almost costing us the game...but he made a couple tough catches and played well down the stretch...the game doesn't look to big for him..and you can already see that Romo is playing with his new toy. He didn't make one of those wow plays....but that catch on 3rd down was huge something we haven't had outside of Witten. You could tell he was still knocking off the rust...but once he starts attacking defenders he's going to be a lot better. Overall great first game...

Koisers injury kills this offense...we do a ton of pulling and with Holland we have nothing.

Love to see Romo playing under the center...get rid of garrett and this team is the most dangerous in the nfl.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:58 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Def. not going to argue about him getting open and catching everything. I just thought he looked a step slow for him, after the catch.. He was being hawked down rather quickly. Could have been fatigue as well. Just looked slower.
As I said, I think he was taken off stride and I suspect the grass makes its harder to accelerate. Let us see how he looks on turf.

But the dude is a beast really. He makes the Offense go.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:00 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
I liked a few things today. Dez showed a good grasp...had a mental lapse when not reading the blitz and almost costing us the game...but he made a couple tough catches and played well down the stretch...the game doesn't look to big for him..and you can already see that Romo is playing with his new toy. He didn't make one of those wow plays....but that catch on 3rd down was huge something we haven't had outside of Witten. You could tell he was still knocking off the rust...but once he starts attacking defenders he's going to be a lot better. Overall great first game...

Koisers injury kills this offense...we do a ton of pulling and with Holland we have nothing.

Love to see Romo playing under the center...get rid of garrett and this team is the most dangerous in the nfl.
Holland? Geez, I thought he was ok.

Please get rid of Barron please. Is Jason Fabini around??

Garrett will never happen b/c he is Jerrah's beeee yatch.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:02 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wouldn't go that far but team needs to play smarter.

We have like 16 penalties.
I can't anticipate us being GB or Minnesota or Indy at their houses or New Orleans at home with what I saw today. Maybe we get our OL healthy and we can steal 2 of these games. But throw in a tough game at houston we have potential to have all 5 of these games be lost. This isn't even counting the divisional games which have almost been 50/50 the past couple of years.

I'm not saying our season is done...but this was a must win game for a super bowl bound team imo. Healthy OL is a must

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-12-2010, 11:02 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As I said, I think he was taken off stride and I suspect the grass makes its harder to accelerate. Let us see how he looks on turf.

But the dude is a beast really. He makes the Offense go.
Miles has become the sex. haha.

You see my last post on the other page, though? Just pointing out that, that is an unrealistic # of targets. We certainly need to get him the ball as much as possible, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-13-2010, 12:17 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Thule you need to chill out. Sure this win wouldve been nice, but this isn't as bad as your making it. In 93' we won the superbowl when we started out 0-2. And to be honest, the only team that scares me out of those 4 you mentioned are the Pack. Once our o-line is healthy I seee us beating Minny, Indy, and the saints. Well not saying we will, but we easily can.

Colombo being hurt single handedly cost us that game. Wow Barron is awful.

Once Dez gets in the flow... we will be special.

Side note: Like i've stated before.... and idk if any of you are into this but.. does anyone think our team is cursed?.. Like seriously, who else does that tashard choice play happen to besides us.

Romo's botched hold, that choice play, all the ******** in our 44-6 lost to philly... its like ******** that only happens in movies happens to us on a regular basis.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:27 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

People can say I'm overreacting...but honestly just take a look at our schedule. This was a must win game. The weakest team in the division needs to be swept. Granted it's hard to get a sweep in the NFC East...but with our extremely hard schedule we have to win the games we are suppose to. I said this before the game that this was a must win. Maybe not to make the playoffs but home field is an uphill fight and the first three games of the season is the easiest part. We go 3-0 into the bye and get healthy we are talking about a team that has a real chance at the superbowl. 2-1 into the bye isn't bad but a NFC East loss will hurt. Lose in Houston and we are 1-2 going into the break with maybe 2 games you can color in as wins for sure the rest of the season.

This isn't a knee jerk reaction either...this is something I said earlier in the week.

If you think going into the metrodome and beating the Vikings "can" easily be done just doesn't sound very logical. Sure anything can happen in the NFL it's all factored by chance...but lets be honest. It's the loudest place to play and they waxed us the last time we played because we had mental breakdowns our first 3 drives...and we suck at fighting and coming back against stiff competition.

Indy at home...I'm sorry but Peyton Manning has lost how many games over the past 4 years at home? These are games you can say we "can" win easily.

This team needs to play error free for the first half...get a 10 point lead and we are the most dangerous team in the NFL. But our inability to get up early due to mental errors has been the hamstring of this team. Our coordinator gameplans every week to play perfect execution football. Problem is we have players who use pure talent over technique. Columbo/Free/Koiser have been players who have been called our best OL...although none of them go without their faults they play technically sound pretty much every play. I think this is the funny part of the conversation. Koiser and Columbo seem to be on the way out...sad part is our team would be better off with LD and Gurode off the team and go with the smart savy players over talent.

Funny thing is you can blame this game on quite a few people. But who is the guy who deserves the blame....Jason Garrett...he's not allowed to have mental mistakes...."No Excuses"...well Garrett you cost us the game. Execution on the field has tons of factors which is why the team on paper doesn't always win. However when it comes to something like coaching you have 0 excuses ever. Period. You get paid to teach and call plays...Yes Garrett looks sexy when players execute.

But just think of this. Garrett has his gameplan setup. He wants to neutralize the passrush early...get the OLB thinking rather then pinning their ears back. So the whole first half is based off of getting the ball out of romo's hands. Call it playing cautiously w/e you want to call it. Well why the **** after a whole half of playing conservatively the sudden change to go for a 70 yard bomb with 10 seconds left. You've been protecting your OL that you don't trust and your QB the whole ******* half. There is no excuse for this.

I don't think you'd find a single person in the NFL that says Jason Garretts offense doesn't work in the NFL...but is it a coincidence that his best season as a OC came when Sparano was here? I hate how this problem has gone unresolved for so long. It makes me sick how we as an organization always only go half in. If you want Garrett as your guy...make him your damn guy from the start...atleast then we get Cam Cameron and Dom Capers....Don't split this team with two different philosophies on the offensive and defensive side of the ball. Why isn't Dan Reeves with this team...because we refused to go all in and just give him the reigns we tried to micro-manage him and he laughed and said thanks but no thanks.

The season is early and a lot of things can change...but the same problems that were present last year are rearing their head in week 1. I'm not watching with the same optimism I was last year. 9-6 best case scenario for this team and if wade get's fired I will be extremely disappointed because if he could assemble an offense to match his defense we would have a great great team.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-13-2010, 01:40 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We just gave the game away, it looked like we tried our best to lose it.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:52 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never hated Bobby Carpenter as much as I hate Alex Barron right now.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:06 AM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hope Baron gets the ax. I really think Miles Austin will hit 1500 yards this season. Romo and him just have a connection and corners just can't seem to stop it. With Dez playing, it seemed like less targets for Witten. Dez really impressed me on the last drive besides the pass thrown to him where he wasn't looking. He showed urgency and I feel confident that the pass will be complete when thrown his way. We have a dangerous offense IF used correctly. For a while during the offseason I was excited for our offense, but I completely forgot about Garrett's horrible playcalling until I was reminded tonight.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:15 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need to say this before I go to bed...

**** Alex Barron!

I know it's not all his fault, but that was easily one of the dumbest plays I've seen since Leon Lett.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:53 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I still want to know why Barber didn't chip as he released on the last play...Barron was bad all day.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-13-2010, 06:38 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I want to stab Barron in the throat for losing me money. Roy Williams even did something useful! ROY WILLIAMS!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:07 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Quote:
People can say I'm overreacting...but honestly just take a look at our schedule. This was a must win game. The weakest team in the division needs to be swept. Granted it's hard to get a sweep in the NFC East...but with our extremely hard schedule we have to win the games we are suppose to. I said this before the game that this was a must win. Maybe not to make the playoffs but home field is an uphill fight and the first three games of the season is the easiest part. We go 3-0 into the bye and get healthy we are talking about a team that has a real chance at the superbowl. 2-1 into the bye isn't bad but a NFC East loss will hurt. Lose in Houston and we are 1-2 going into the break with maybe 2 games you can color in as wins for sure the rest of the season.

This isn't a knee jerk reaction either...this is something I said earlier in the week.

If you think going into the metrodome and beating the Vikings "can" easily be done just doesn't sound very logical. Sure anything can happen in the NFL it's all factored by chance...but lets be honest. It's the loudest place to play and they waxed us the last time we played because we had mental breakdowns our first 3 drives...and we suck at fighting and coming back against stiff competition.

Indy at home...I'm sorry but Peyton Manning has lost how many games over the past 4 years at home? These are games you can say we "can" win easily.

This team needs to play error free for the first half...get a 10 point lead and we are the most dangerous team in the NFL. But our inability to get up early due to mental errors has been the hamstring of this team. Our coordinator gameplans every week to play perfect execution football. Problem is we have players who use pure talent over technique. Columbo/Free/Koiser have been players who have been called our best OL...although none of them go without their faults they play technically sound pretty much every play. I think this is the funny part of the conversation. Koiser and Columbo seem to be on the way out...sad part is our team would be better off with LD and Gurode off the team and go with the smart savy players over talent.

Funny thing is you can blame this game on quite a few people. But who is the guy who deserves the blame....Jason Garrett...he's not allowed to have mental mistakes...."No Excuses"...well Garrett you cost us the game. Execution on the field has tons of factors which is why the team on paper doesn't always win. However when it comes to something like coaching you have 0 excuses ever. Period. You get paid to teach and call plays...Yes Garrett looks sexy when players execute.

But just think of this. Garrett has his gameplan setup. He wants to neutralize the passrush early...get the OLB thinking rather then pinning their ears back. So the whole first half is based off of getting the ball out of romo's hands. Call it playing cautiously w/e you want to call it. Well why the **** after a whole half of playing conservatively the sudden change to go for a 70 yard bomb with 10 seconds left. You've been protecting your OL that you don't trust and your QB the whole ******* half. There is no excuse for this.

I don't think you'd find a single person in the NFL that says Jason Garretts offense doesn't work in the NFL...but is it a coincidence that his best season as a OC came when Sparano was here? I hate how this problem has gone unresolved for so long. It makes me sick how we as an organization always only go half in. If you want Garrett as your guy...make him your damn guy from the start...atleast then we get Cam Cameron and Dom Capers....Don't split this team with two different philosophies on the offensive and defensive side of the ball. Why isn't Dan Reeves with this team...because we refused to go all in and just give him the reigns we tried to micro-manage him and he laughed and said thanks but no thanks.

The season is early and a lot of things can change...but the same problems that were present last year are rearing their head in week 1. I'm not watching with the same optimism I was last year. 9-6 best case scenario for this team and if wade get's fired I will be extremely disappointed because if he could assemble an offense to match his defense we would have a great great team.
Agree to disagree. 2-1 into the bye week and were fine.

Roy did ok, but he still is just dead weight. I wish we could trade him for like a Jericho Cochery or something. Someone who gets open and wants the football. Look at the difference between Miles and Dez, and then roy. They want the football. Roy plays like he's asleep.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Crimson79
Rookie

Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What pick did we get in the trade to Miami for Mcquistan?
Crimson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:02 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Garrett's gameplans are all flash & no substance, like the ground game that is supposed to be the heart & soul of the team doesn't exist.

5 quick passes to WRs (3 to Dez) gaining zero yds? I almost wet myself in frustration. Bright spot was Demarcus Ware who was all over the Skins like stink on ****, played himself right into another (almost) neck injury)

Not only is Dallas overrated but the whole NFC East is doomed to disappoint. Dallas will split with the Skins & with the Eagles, everyone will bow to the "surprise" team of the dogshit NY Giants who will fold in the clutch like last yr. b/c they have the worst HC in the NFC & split with others. And the Eagles are apparently the Most Concussed Team today, so the NFC East winner will have no better than a 9-7 or maybe 10-6 rcd. & get croaked in the 1st rd. of the playoffs.

The player who feels worst of all in Valley Ranch now is Marc Colombo, yes worse than Barron, who hid his knee injury so other O-linemen had to rat him out to the coaches to get him out of the lineup & avoid the disaster they had in Minnesota in the playoffs last January. Hopefully things will improve on the OL when he returns, Colombo has a lot of gas left in his career tank.

Wade will finally get fired...... again. Mark it down, Jerry's unbelievable level of personal hubris doesn't tolerate humiliation on a national stage. They will hire someone different, rah-rah kind of coach who redirects the team toward the fundamentals they've forgotten, much like the 9ers did with Singletary who mooned their locker room for the wakeup call that turned them around from an NFC West bottom feeder. Believe me, this team needs a wakeup call..... Garrett is p/o of the Cowboys Family so we're stuck with him, but a more fundamental, throwback kind of HC will seriously alter his high risk, circus sideshow, razzledazzle gameplans & play to the strengths of the offense (like the running game, or Miles Austin or the TE) for a change.

Last edited by LizardState : 09-13-2010 at 11:13 AM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
haha. Well said.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-13-2010, 01:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's the first game of the season and we played in a hostile environment. I think people expected this team to be the same as the Redskins teams of old that we walked all over. Time to wake up and smell the coffee, isn't it...

They got Donovan "the Cowboy killer" McNabb. They got 2 top notch OTs in 1 offseason in Trent Williams and Jammal Brown. ...and they got the coach that I wanted... Mike Shanahan.

The Redskins are going to be better than the Eagles and the Giants, so while this lost stung, I'm not going to let it preclude my thoughts into thinking that the rest of the season will continue to disappoint.

...oh wait... We have Garrett... nvmd...

LOL.

I'll say this though... Once Dez and Romo get their timing down, then this team will see brighter days. You could tell that Romo wanted to go to him for help at the end. The desire is there. The practice is not. Once that happens... we'll be a completely different team.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:07 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Tons of mistakes and penalties...they just didnt look ready. The talent level is just fine and the defense actually played an outstanding game. Would have loved more pressure, but they gave up 6 points. We iron out the mistakes and get Kosier/Colombo back. Then we'll be just fine in the long run. This one game, isnt a cause for overreaction. We just gave it away. Get shooting ourselves in the foot all night. Still plenty of games to go.

And honestly...if Barron actually tries to block Orakpo, instead of mugging him off the snap. We more than likely win this game. They only rushed three and Davis was right there to help out. Barron is just a stupid ************. All he had to do was attempt to block him, at least. I knew Barron was terrible, but his stupidity pretty much floored me yesterday.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-13-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:13 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a little calm from last night, but I still can't wrap my head around how dumb they played last night. You're talking about two plays that decided the game that shouldn't have even happened. Choice's fumble I can forgive, but Barron's play will always be dumb. It was three seconds! There was no need to hold like a ******! He wiped away a great play by Romo and Roy that could have given them all the momentum in the world. If I meet that guy within the span of the 2010 season I'm going to uppercut him in the nuts.

On the bright side, the defense looked pretty damn good. I really hope that Ware will be able to go next week because he played like the beast everyone knows he is. Too many offsides penalties mar the defensive play a little bit, but I'd take a performance like that any game.

Garrett really is a problem. He called games better at the end of the season last year, but he went back to his old ways last night. Romo was efficient, Austin was really great, and the running backs had a really good game. He needs to stop being so spotty with his calls. Barber and Felix were looking good, so he should have let them catch fire instead of trying to force the ball to Dez. I know Dez has great potential, but you shouldn't try to force things with him when he's going up against physical rival corners that don't give up short, outside passes. It was also his first game in a long time. Let the chips fall where they may, and let your tools take over when they're in the zone.

The Cowboys have some of the best offensive weapons in the game, but everyone is not going to click when you want them to. Garrett hurts the team when he doesn't feed the guys going in order to get some other guys into the rhythm of the game. Someone is going to have a good day, so he has to let them do that instead of forcing a gameplan with someone else. Barber and Felix should have gotten 150 yards combined on the ground, but Garrett didn't let them have the great game that was developing for those two and the offensive line.

In the end, it's just one loss at the beginning of the season to a division rival. You're going to give up a close game to a division rival at some point, so it's not the end of the world that this happened to the Cowboys last night. Remember the Giants last year? Remember when the playoffs were done after losing that early game? I'm really pissed about what happened last night, but I still think highly of the team's potential for the season. The offense will look great really soon. Romo has what it takes to take over, and I can see him doing that in the next few weeks.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Choice doesnt get a pass from me. He's one player that never gets hate, and normally rightfully so. But jesus, you have to hold onto the football there. Garrett is even more to blame on that play, though. They had no chance to score...kneel on the ball or run the clock out. You really think you're going to score a 60+ yard TD there? ughhh. Genius.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-13-2010, 02:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I have one prediction this year.

Jason Garrett will fail us.
Posted 9-1-2010.

I didn't expect him to screw us so soon... :(
Old 09-13-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leaping off my couch and thanking god Roy freaking Williams hung on to the ball...

Only to see the laundry on the ground in the area of holding. Wonderful. But to be completely, and brutally, honest. This might be the best thing. This game destroys any sense of entitlement that they could of had and perhaps will be the necessary motivating moment to correct their issues and play a little smarter.

Penalties are inexcusable. You CANNOT win without discipline. Garrett... KNEEL DOWN. Romo ... SLIDE. Choice... hold on to the freaking ball. Barron... nevermind you're a BACKUP swing tackle I cannot expect you to hold your own against one of the better pash rushers in the NFC without help.

This was a breakdown not only in terms of execution but in gameplanning. How can you expect Barron to block Orakpo? He's a backup tackle. How can you expect the Skin's not to exploit the hell out of the matchup if you don't gameplan against it. Where's the chips, double teams, etc. Take him out of the freaking game. Barron is not the reason we lost. Did he play poorly? Yes. For those calling for his release ... seriously? Brewster would have no problem going 1v1 on the outside with Orakpo?

We were out-coached on the offensive side of the ball. Wade pitched an almost perfect game and was let down by the 'Assistant Head Coach'.

Overall though. The sky is not falling. How many Super Bowls have the Cowboys won after sweeping the Redskins in the regular season? Zero.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote