Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-11-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't panic just yet. You're 1-3. That's only 3 losses, and its a loooooooong season.

And it's not like the Cowboys look bad, they're just losing for some reason. I can't explain it. Something's gotta give soon enough.

When you have 7 losses, youre out of it. Right now you have only 3. I'm not counting out the Cowboys just yet. Call me when you get 5 losses with some games to go, then maybe I'll start to think the Cowboys are out of it.

Until then, they're still a contender to me.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:01 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Um, the first sentence of your post.
Yea....again...read...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Yea, I'm not even sure how you can pin this on Garrett, and really Wade either. Defense settled down and came out and shut down the Titans Offense in the 2nd half.
Here's my first and second sentence.... The discussion was involving game planning and adjustments.

Quote:
If you want to pin it on Wade and discipline(or lack their of), that's fine...but as far as gameplanning and adjusting, I'm not sure how you can really blame either coach.
This follows.....Notice the "if you want to pin it on wade and discipline"....part...Yea, we're saying the same thing.

Quote:
I mean they literally stopped the bleeding on both sides of the ball on the second half. I didn't think Romo would come out of the game alive after the 2nd quarter, but JG/Wade adjusted (and pulled Leonard), moved the pocket around, and stopped the leak on the line. Wade did the same for the defense...
Again....game planning & adjustment wise, the coaches did a good job. Especially on the defensive side of the ball, go back and look at the drives the Titans had in the 2nd half. I think they had a total of 70 yards in the 2nd half, but with 2 short fields....long drives aren't needed obviously.

Every game isn't going to be a shut out, football is a game of chess....Overall the coaches did a great job at seeing what was happening on the field and adjusting. Purely in the standpoint of X's and O's. Where they failed was discipline, which has been a problem for the last decade.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:44 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I wouldn't panic just yet. You're 1-3. That's only 3 losses, and its a loooooooong season.

And it's not like the Cowboys look bad, they're just losing for some reason. I can't explain it. Something's gotta give soon enough.

When you have 7 losses, youre out of it. Right now you have only 3. I'm not counting out the Cowboys just yet. Call me when you get 5 losses with some games to go, then maybe I'll start to think the Cowboys are out of it.

The reason why they're losing is penalties. All three losses have stupid penalties that bit them in the ass. During those close games you look back and see certain mistakes pointing to them problem. On some teams it's a break down in a unit that creates one or two of those big plays that give the other team the edge. With the Cowboys it's penalties. They're racking up way too many any giving teams scoring chances.

In the past they could overcome penalties by being better than everyone else, but now it's biting them in ass when these games get close. They're not out like you said. It's still early enough to turn it around, but they really need to get their heads straight before this becomes 2008 all over again.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The problem is that we actually played way better than the Titans in the second half. Then you have your kicker missing a FG, an amazing interception on a first down in the redzone, and another interception on your 10 yards line. Despite that you tie the game and you get a super silly penalty that results in a huge return.
It's like aganst the Redskins, when Choice fumbled for the first time in his career and they won because of that.
Or against Chicago when the kicker misses a FG to tie the game.

We have not played well enough so far, and we have shot ourselves in the feet time and time again. But we have also been very unlucky, it looks like every bounce goes in the opposite direction. With some good luck this team could be 4-0 despite playing poorly.

The CJ's fumble is the perfect example of what I'm trying to say. He fumbled the ball but yet it went right to the hands of a Titans player.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I would agree with you if this team did not have a history of penalties and undisciplined play. I just don't see it changing because this is what they are.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:40 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
You're seriously blaming Garrett? Why not blame Romo for his 3 ints? How about your special teams for breaking down in probably the most important moment of the game? That offense basically had a high light reel for most of it's skill players and still your team lost. That goes beyond Garrett! Maybe tubby isn't a good coach. Maybe it's time for a change there.
2 were tipped, please state facts before you speak. Romo is a grown man. Stop acting like the giants are high and mighty. Once we get a coach this will be our division for the next decade.

Nice try though.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:43 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Quote:

I think your just trying to cover all the bases as a rival fan, BBD the cowboys 2010 season is over. Hey, I wouldn't mind a top half of the first round draft pick now, get wade the F*CK out.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:01 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just wanted to say good game guys.

I know some of ya'll are hella frustrated, but saying your season is over is just ridiculous. You're 1-3, and those 3 losses were to teams that all now have winning records. And you competed in every one of them. It's not as if you just got steam rolled by the Rams or Lions.

When ya'll are on ya'lls game like you were against the Texans, you saw what you're able to do. You had some bad breaks and lost to 3 good teams. Keep your chin up and move on. You're not always gonna shoot yourselves in the foot or have crappy luck.

But I do think it may be Phillips's last year in Dallas. A guy like Cowher or even Gruden could get you over the hump. You can't Fisher though! (I'ma lookin' at you D!)

And sorry about the CJ star pose. Hope ya don't take it personal. (Lookin at you again D! Seriously? Career ending? Dang dude...)

Good luck on the rest of the season. The Titans already delt a loss to the Giants, so hopefully they'll notch L's on the Eagles and Skins for ya too. And thanks for puttin' the Texans in their place. ;)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:21 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Special teams lost us this game. The defense gave up plays early...offense turned the ball over a couple of times. But both units responded and adjusted and put it together. Special teams just killed us...and am I the only person in the world who can't understand what the hell Witten was doing. I've always thought of him as a class act..and he is...so why even do something as stupid as giving the ball to columbo...was it wrong...NO, but you definitely can't call that a heat of the moment action or anything like that...that was a classless celebration no matter how you look at it...talk about disappointing.
Come on now...you should know that this is a normal thing for Dallas. Colombo has about 10 spikes under his belt...this is just one of many times that Colombo has been given the ball to spike it. The reason he got flagged was because he fell backwards in the end zone, after a chest bump with Witten. But really, Colombo spikes it with regularity after TDs (almost always Witten's) and never has been flagged...and it's not a penalty, either. It's the fact that he fell to the ground afterward. The refs thought he did it on purpose or what not. It was a BS call.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:55 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

I wouldve just kicked it out of bounds and give them the ball at the 40.. our defense was stopping them minus the big play.

This season is over. I can't believe I have to wait 11 months to be excited for another cowboys game. wow.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:12 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

If anyone still has hope for this season, a vikings loss would help. Not to mention take the media off our backs a little bit. I didn't even watch a sports show today.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:23 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nick Folk made a 50+ yarder just a minute ago. I really think Jerry regrets how that situation played out, and it's affecting his decision to replace Beuhler. Folk really made some BIG kicks for the Cowboys, got injured, and they were patient as hell with him til he showed his yips weren't going anywhere. Now look at him.....and we're still struggling to find a kicker.

There may be something to this curse everyones talking about.

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 10-11-2010 at 11:05 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:57 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Unless im spacing out, I don't think any team in the NFC is above 3-2.

If we can pull off a win at the vikings, who knows.

I am watching this team with NO expectations, but the season isn't dead yet.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:58 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good luck next Sunday.. I think we'll be the favorites, but you never know. 2 1-3 teams desperate for a win, should be a pretty good game.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:19 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Would you agree that whoever loses is basically done?
Old 10-12-2010, 08:27 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's pretty official that Nick Folk is godly again...could you imagine Buehler kicking in that rain yesterday?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
It's pretty official that Nick Folk is godly again...could you imagine Buehler kicking in that rain yesterday?
Wow, just wow. We're really unlucky.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shouldve never got rid of Folk. It was clear that he was still hurt last year. Why not go through TC with him and Beuhler and then if he's washed up, cut him after the PS?

Made no sense to me. I wanted the Giants to pick up Folk but we're deadset on keeping Tynes around.

As for the Minny/Dallas game, it's a must win for both teams. So that's gonna be a great game, it's gonna feel like a playoff game for both teams. Brett looks like he hurt his arm, so that bodes well for Dallas.

I can't wait to see that one.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:00 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
5 of his 6 interceptions this year have stemmed from tipped balls. Just thought that was interesting to add.
New WR coach? I hear that issue. 3 Ints are on Eli, the other ones have been tipped balls. We have a new WR coach, and it's happening to all the WRs. So that falls on the WR coach. But lately, to his credit, the tipped balls have stopped, so that's a good sign. God I hate tipped balls!!!!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:49 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I beg to differ. Momentum from wk to wk is a big factor in the NFL, bigger than most pundits think.

Win vs. Tennessee at home & they still had a shot at the NFC East despite the streaking Giants, streaks run both ways as your Giants found out late last yr. But lose at home after a bye wk. vs the Titans the way they did, with self inflicted wounds, clueless coaching & those 12 ******* killer penalties, well, I'm sorry to say it but it was a momemtum destroyer & very demoralizing to a team that was looking at a SB run but forgot they had to actually play the games & win to get there.

Call me a pessimist with that glass half empty but I think the season may be toast. I have lo look deep for silver linings now but the best one is Roy Williams' emergence & turnaround. Dez' courage to come back from a 1st half ankle injury that would have benched most rookie WRs, & getting the ball to Felix more often.

But the excessive celebration penalty, kicking game failures continuing & Jenkins effups in coverage made me a sad panda
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Wow, just wow. We're really unlucky.
I think it has less to do with luck, and more with making stupid decisions.

And if the Rangers don't win today, I might just go on a rampage in Arlington.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:42 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Quote:
Shouldve never got rid of Folk. It was clear that he was still hurt last year. Why not go through TC with him and Beuhler and then if he's washed up, cut him after the PS?
See below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I think it has less to do with luck, and more with making stupid decisions.
How was it a stupid decision?
These are the things I don't get...Fans/Media are just sooooooo wishy washy.
Folk was unreliable as hell 3/4ths of the season, but Jerry/Wade stuck with him, despite EVERYONE saying they should cut him, up until he nearly blew the Saints game. The media and most fans were calling for his head in the first few weeks of the season if I remember correctly.

They couldn't put him on IR without the league investigating it(I remember this being discussed a few places), so they had to cut him and try to sneak him back on the squad. Obviously the Jets picked him up, but Dallas did anything BUT give up on him. He was the most reliable kicker for a couple years before his injury, but it was obvious his confidence was shot...He was blaming everyone from the holder to the line up front. They even put Romo back as the holder, and he was still shanking 30 yarders. You can't go into the playoffs with a shaky kicker, and we did anyways...but the coaching staff's hand were forced w/ Folk.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post

But I do think it may be Phillips's last year in Dallas. A guy like Cowher or even Gruden could get you over the hump. You can't Fisher though! (I'ma lookin' at you D!)
Are you sure Adams is going to bring back Fisher? Obviously, if you guys go on a great run it's likely, but some of the things I've read really points to Adams and Fisher really nearing the end.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 10-12-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

To be honest, i think the talent on the team is a bit exaggerated.

Skill position wise, it's one of the best in the league. The weapons are sick, great qb, great RB group, great OLBs.

But outside Ratliff, the dline is mediocre. The ILBs are good enough, but no playmakers. Outside of Jenkins, the DBs are mediocre.

And the oline is aged.

I still think its a very good team and I think its way too early to say Dallas is not making the playoffs, but I don't buy into the most talented team in the league talk. I think that's an exaggeration.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

I think that's a pretty good assestment, BBD.

-Douglas MacArthur