Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-25-2006, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcrew43
Saweet!

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 12:46 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Cowboysforever reminds me a little bit too much of TexMex...
I don't know...TexMex seemed to have atleast some common sense regaurding the salary cap. This guy reminds me alot of Trojan14. He was ahead of your time...but if you ever read the first couple pages on the old topic...you would have saw him in his prime.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good point. He just has a fetish for Rogers like Mex had one for White.

BoneKrusher
Old 12-25-2006, 01:11 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Good point. He just has a fetish for Rogers like Mex had one for White.
I wouldn't say its as much one player is it is madden like thoughts. I mena Trojan garuntted that we would draft a cb no matter what...he also loved the idea of bringing in mike williams. He was so over the top he makes the madden fan seem knowledgeable.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 01:25 AM    (permalink
Number-94

Know what hurts right now?

Merriman now has twice as many sacks as Ware.
But Ware does have twice as many touchdowns.
Old 12-25-2006, 09:51 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Did anyone hear BP talk about Hatcher in his press conference. It makes me hopeful. He makes it sound like Hatcher could be pretty good player, and Hatcher can also rush the passer. The only thing is, BP is mad at him because he had to go away for a day because his wife had a baby.

BoneKrusher
Old 12-25-2006, 03:36 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hey where is everybody? biggest game of the year and not much talk. wheres d-unit been? IF we win this game but dont do much in the playoffs would you consider this a good year? im going boys 31-24 but the way this year has been i wouldnt be suprised if the eagles beat us but i sure would be dissapointed. the fact this is their 3rd road game in a row and were at home should be two big advantages for us, not to mention its for the division and a revenge game. go boys bring home the east title :D :D
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 03:57 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah it is Christmas though so a lot of poeple are probably out with family. I haven't seen D-Unit on here in probably a week or more so I dunno.

Anyways I am ready for today. I can't wait. This DIVISION IS OURS!! It's about time Dallas finishes on top, today is the day we do it.

Here are my keys to the game

**Shut down Brian Westbrook, expecially limit his catches out of the backfield.**

**Contain Jeff Garcia from moving outside of the pocket.**

**Somebody cover the FB.**

**Establish the run, ware down Eagles defense.**

**Get Romo outside the pocket and open up big plays.**

*Pass Protect......Eagles will be coming hard.**

---

a side note, please use Barber more than JJ today......even if JJ starts, get Barber involved.
Old 12-25-2006, 04:07 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You guys crack me up with your comments. Too much ESPN thinking, a few points...

1. What is the money difference between taking a Roy cap hit if traded but getting the benefit of a Detroit cap hit on Rogers???? Do some homework, Rogers contract and signing bonus are bigger than Roy.

2. What do I care if Roy is the face of the franchise when he is constantly being burned?

3. What do I care more for, a great DT who is a Pro Bowler and described by BP as the best tackle in football OR a SS that is repacable, cheaply internally or through FA.

4 last I check Pro Bowl DT are harder to find than SS with poor coverage skills but anyway.

5. It ain't Madden guyz. It is much more possible than getting Nelson 25-32 and a much bigger impact on D.

6. Real issue is not whether Cowboys make a deal like this but whether Detroit is crazy enuff to let go a stud DT b/c they have a nutty vindictive coach who wants small fast guys. I think we have talent and depth on D to please Marinelli.

7. I think it crazier to think about trading up for Nelson than trading for a player. Trading up in a draft is the single most expensive way to get value in the NFL. Go ask an GM.

Not crazy at all, in fact pretty smart.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 04:21 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
You guys crack me up with your comments. Too much ESPN thinking, a few points...

1. What is the money difference between taking a Roy cap hit if traded but getting the benefit of a Detroit cap hit on Rogers???? Do some homework, Rogers contract and signing bonus are bigger than Roy.

2. What do I care if Roy is the face of the franchise when he is constantly being burned?

3. What do I care more for, a great DT who is a Pro Bowler and described by BP as the best tackle in football OR a SS that is repacable, cheaply internally or through FA.

4 last I check Pro Bowl DT are harder to find than SS with poor coverage skills but anyway.

5. It ain't Madden guyz. It is much more possible than getting Nelson 25-32 and a much bigger impact on D.

6. Real issue is not whether Cowboys make a deal like this but whether Detroit is crazy enuff to let go a stud DT b/c they have a nutty vindictive coach who wants small fast guys. I think we have talent and depth on D to please Marinelli.

7. I think it crazier to think about trading up for Nelson than trading for a player. Trading up in a draft is the single most expensive way to get value in the NFL. Go ask an GM.

you can say it hope it pray for it anything you want...it will never happen. so lets change the subject and let that one die.
Old 12-25-2006, 05:28 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Another Roy Williams special.

Who was All Pro Roy covering there?

Schobel TD.

He really is a horrid Safety. Just horrid.
Old 12-25-2006, 05:30 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Quote:

you can say it hope it pray for it anything you want...it will never happen. so lets change the subject and let that one die.
Move on to what? Hope and pray for a safety in the draft?

What the F is the difference?
Old 12-25-2006, 05:33 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Back up TE schooling Roy 'All Pro' Williams.

Horrid Garcia throw. Yuck.
Old 12-25-2006, 05:36 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

What a play by Romo.

Horrid play calling for the Cowboys so far.

Both sides of ball.
Old 12-25-2006, 05:49 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

My god our defense blows balls.
Old 12-25-2006, 05:59 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Our D is horrid because we have a) no pass rush, b) Roy can't cover and c) our ILB are too slow to cover.

But Roy Williams and Bradie James are the face of the franchise haven't ya heard...... don't change a thing say the football experts on this board.

Funny to stare at the same thing week in and week out and have allegedly smart fans defending the achilles heel of this D.
Old 12-25-2006, 06:06 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

ooooo looks like Tony Romo and Carrie Underwood have a little somethin somethin :D
Old 12-25-2006, 06:13 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCowboysFan
ooooo looks like Tony Romo and Carrie Underwood have a little somethin somethin :D
Wow, if I where a chick I might actually be interested.

This kid is a Pro Bowl QB on the Cowboys.

What he can get in Dallas alone would make that chick look horrid.
Old 12-25-2006, 06:17 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Wow, if I where a chick I might actually be interested.

This kid is a Pro Bowl QB on the Cowboys.

What he can get in Dallas alone would make that chick look horrid.
Can't say I wouldn't be, lol.....

TO gettin in the action there with a TD.

Jones looks good today. Seems to have a burst.

Defense is getting no rush whatsoever AGAIN. But we are in the game nonetheless.
Old 12-25-2006, 06:17 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

man our pass rush is so bad. i think we should trade roy,ware and bradie for merriman. or maybe canty, ware and williams for jason taylor. you think that would work forevercowboys?
Old 12-25-2006, 06:25 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
My god our defense blows balls.
Nice to see Bradie James, the face of our D, let the RB catch and stay inbound.

Bradie and Williams are Major liabilities in any passing situation.

Really nice guys but both basically suck wind unless playing two yards from the line.

13 points and getting the ball back to start the second half.

Let me not mention an earlier 3rd down run by Westbrook where Bradie was out run to the corner with a 5 yard lead.

Bradie and Roy ... Yuck.
Old 12-25-2006, 06:27 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

you guys realize if we wind up losing this game it will be the third big game weve lost at home. giants, saints and the eagles. how bad would that be. our o-line and d-line are just getting abused. maybe we can trade some of them :roll:
Old 12-25-2006, 06:27 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
man our pass rush is so bad. i think we should trade roy,ware and bradie for merriman. or maybe canty, ware and williams for jason taylor. you think that would work forevercowboys?
Pocket, you can joke all you want but the proof is in the performance.

Can it get any worse in terms of defending the middle of the field????
Old 12-25-2006, 06:31 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

no but trading them isnt going to happen unless you can convince jerry into hiring you as the g.m. youve got just as much of a chance as your scenaro. do we need upgrades? of course. we are being exposed right now in many areas, but they arent getting traded.
Old 12-25-2006, 06:32 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Need a DT to pressure the pocket. Nearly 66 percent of Merriman's sacks come from pocket pressure with the QB rolling to his lanes.

Need ILB that can run. Period. Bradie is too slow -- don't care how nice he is.

Need a SS or FS with coverage skills. Maybe Watkins, would be great.

Need Roy to lose weight and play faster -- that or trade his fat arrogant arse as I propose.