Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-18-2010, 08:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We've seen him get the bulk of the carries for two weeks this year, D. Two weeks. Come on. lol. That's enough for you to write him off as the lead back, or an every down back?

And the guy has earned every right to get the bulk of the carries at this point in his short career.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:56 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It looks like I'm going to choke somebody before this season is over. I gotta do something to ease the pain of a long season riddled with idiotic mistakes that keep costing games. Week one it's Barron, week 2 a few missed assignments on some big passes, last week it's the stupid unsportsmanlike celebration, yesterday it was Miles' pass interference that wiped away a huge TD. There needs to be some serious accountability and thinking here. It's like no one is learning from all the stupid mistakes at all.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
We've seen him get the bulk of the carries for two weeks this year, D. Two weeks. Come on. lol. That's enough for you to write him off as the lead back, or an every down back?

And the guy has earned every right to get the bulk of the carries at this point in his short career.
I'm not writing him off. I want him to show something. I want him to be his old self. I loved his old self. ...and I don't want him to get the OL sucks excuse for the rest of the year either.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:05 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get in contact with Houck and tell him to get on their asses. Because this **** isnt going to fly in its current state.

Oh...did you guys hear the Dolphins cut the great Bobby Carpenter?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-18-2010, 10:16 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Do you think if we beat the giants and jags and were at 3-4, theres still hope?
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:58 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
An NFL source said the Packers have had talks with the Dallas Cowboys about “one of” their running backs. The 1-4 Cowboys rotate Felix Jones, Tashard Choice and Marion Barber, and ESPN’s Chris Mortensen reported Sunday morning that it’s Barber that the Packers and Cowboys have discussed.
http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/include...&section_id=40

You guys down?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:06 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'm down. I still love the guy...but feel we'd be better off with Jones/Choice. I couldnt imagine getting anymore than a 4th for him. The contract/production/ability doesnt really add up. But alas, I doubt it happens.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-18-2010, 11:10 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well then, Ted Thompson ha a 4th with your name on it.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:14 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have Barber...he is playing his final year in dallas regardless...his cap number doesn't justify the production...Choice isn't going anywhere.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:30 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Do you think it could be for a player not draft pick? Who would we ask for?
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:38 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the record I'd still love to trade for Shaun Rogers and get a year rental out of him. Rumors are that he is on the block. Aso is also on the block..not that we'll make a play on either of them but both players would make us better this year.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 10-18-2010, 11:43 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Do you think it could be for a player not draft pick? Who would we ask for?
Jason Spitz or TJ Lang are two guys I think we've shown interest in the past when scouting the draft. Both of those 2 probably out value Barber tho with his cap number.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 10-18-2010, 11:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Have Barber...he is playing his final year in dallas regardless...his cap number doesn't justify the production...Choice isn't going anywhere.
Don't get your hopes up. He'll restructure.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:48 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Don't get your hopes up. He'll restructure.
I don't see how he has any leverage with the organization to do this. He will get paid more somewhere else imo and it's out with the old in with the new...I can't see him restructuring a deal that is going to work for him and the team. I'll just chalk this up to memory and relive it when something happens with him and we can give each other high fives when one another was right!

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 10-18-2010, 11:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Gimme Cullen Jenkins, AJ Hawk or Charles Woodson. :)
Old 10-18-2010, 11:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I don't see how he has any leverage with the organization to do this. He will get paid more somewhere else imo and it's out with the old in with the new...I can't see him restructuring a deal that is going to work for him and the team. I'll just chalk this up to memory and relive it when something happens with him and we can give each other high fives when one another was right!
When Jerry has a man crush like he does with Barber... things have a way of working out.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Garrett is the one with the man crush on Barber. Jerry has been yelling for more Felix for a year and half now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-18-2010, 11:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Garrett is the one with the man crush on Barber. Jerry has been yelling for more Felix for a year and half now.
Good point. Must give credit for that. Plus I do remember Jerry calling Barber out on the way he was nursing his injuries.

Meh. I'm fine with being among the few Cowboys fans that still want him here.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:57 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

But you also love Choice...so you'd probably get over it fast. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-19-2010, 12:07 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Just for the record. I'm sure everyone here realizes this but i wanted to bring it up.

Before our Bye week our snaps were split up between Barber/Jones/Choice about 40/30/30...Choice came in on third downs and wildcat.

Since the bye Barber has seen the most of the 3rd down duty...and Jones sprinkled in...Jones is getting the bigger work load and Choice is the odd man out.

I don't see any reason to keep MB3 here after this year. We need to get choice on the field and he's cheaper and just as able and willing to. No reason to bring Barber back although he is proving to be a good short yardage back...I think it had more to do with luck than his abillity to pickup short yardage but I do respect MB3. I'm greatful for what he has been to the cowboys...but we have other guys who can pick up that roll and it's cheaper...so bye bye Barber...shoulda happened this year.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 10-19-2010, 12:28 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Just for the record. I'm sure everyone here realizes this but i wanted to bring it up.

Before our Bye week our snaps were split up between Barber/Jones/Choice about 40/30/30...Choice came in on third downs and wildcat.

Since the bye Barber has seen the most of the 3rd down duty...and Jones sprinkled in...Jones is getting the bigger work load and Choice is the odd man out.

I don't see any reason to keep MB3 here after this year. We need to get choice on the field and he's cheaper and just as able and willing to. No reason to bring Barber back although he is proving to be a good short yardage back...I think it had more to do with luck than his abillity to pickup short yardage but I do respect MB3. I'm greatful for what he has been to the cowboys...but we have other guys who can pick up that roll and it's cheaper...so bye bye Barber...shoulda happened this year.
Screw dat. You can have your opinion. I'll disagree. Barber is STILL the man. He hasn't lost nuttin'. It's all about the crappy O-Line. Reason why we go to Barber is because he's reliable. He may not have the best burst, but he plays smart, plays tough and plays with the most heart. Don't tell me speed is a reason why he's not good because speed was never his game.

2009-2010 - a year on a bum leg
Old 10-19-2010, 08:34 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Either way there are 3 players that worry me. They are Austin, Witten, and Ware. If we can keep these guys in check, I feel confident. But those 3 worry me the most.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:51 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Good point. Must give credit for that. Plus I do remember Jerry calling Barber out on the way he was nursing his injuries.

Meh. I'm fine with being among the few Cowboys fans that still want him here.
See I think you have me misunderstood, it's not like I don't want Barber, but why are you so deadset on having him here when we have Choice we can do exactly what he can for alot cheaper? That's just the way things work, there is no reason to be paying Barber what he pays when Choice is no worse and can play that same role for our team and save us tons of money to be used in Free Agency next season.

That's been my only point. RB's are easy to replace anyway, have you already forgotten how good Choice has been when he got alot of carries? Felix and Choice is a great rotation and Barber is being paid like a Steven Jackson type of RB and he's not used that way so it's pointless to bring him back even if he is still very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:21 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh...did you guys hear the Dolphins cut the great Bobby Carpenter?

I saw that.

Was he ever an NFL-quality LB? Or was he another product of Parcells' peculiar flavor of nepotism?
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
I saw that.

Was he ever an NFL-quality LB? Or was he another product of Parcells' peculiar flavor of nepotism?
On one fateful night in Seattle back in 2007, there was a glimpse.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote