Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-25-2010, 11:42 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I def. care about losing Romo. There isnt anything more devestating to this football team.

And sure, while we may have a good pick coming...for the time being, the season is going to be unwatchable now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:47 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Remember Troy Aikman? Best QB the franchise has had since that Staubach guy....

He broke his clavicle too in his rookie yr. Also his nose blooded (like Kitna). Also some lower back damage that he takes painkillers to this day for. They had a shitbag line then too that set rcd. nos. of holding penalties per game. Want to know what the Dallas rcd was that yr? 1-15.

One & ******* 15..... You know how they say the more how things change the more they stay the same? Say hello to the #2-3 pick in the April draft.

If I sound pissed it's b/c I am, every Dallas game I watch this yr. is a nightmare that I can't wake up from. Season's over, get over it.

Tell Jerry to stop pussyfooting around & fire Wade .... now! He has built a helpless, hopeless, miserable team.

Thank God the trade deadline is past, the only way it could get worse is if Jerry traded away the young core of talent like Dez or Ratliff or Ware.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:49 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

This is true. Let's think of some bright sides tho:

1. Injuries have *****ed us in the ass this year, hopefully that balances out in the future.

2. Our luck has been atrocious, that should turn around in the future.

3. A high draft pick, a new, legit coach, and a new feel could set this team off next year.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:53 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think the talent is on this team, and would say that the talent level is not the reason this season is over. Im not sure that anything can be done without a new coaching staff.

And I have to agree with MOTH. I was thinking the same thing when Romo went down. For all those that say he is no good. Now we will see if you know what you are talking about.

One more opinion. There is no reason not to start McGee. Let's find out what (if anything) he brings to the table. There is absolutely no point in watching Kitna not get us to the playoffs. And he wont be around much longer. But you can find out if McGee is worth keeping.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:57 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

To add to that point, might as well start playing Sean Lee, Jason Williams, and AOA.

If this team goes on a winning streak and pulls off something like 7-9 and we miss out on a top ten pick ill be mad.

...Like punching holes in college dorm room walls mad.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:07 AM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think at 1-5, it's time to challenge conventional media wisdom about who is and who isn't a good player on this team. (I know this happens on this forum all the time)

RB: I know the interior o-line is among the worst in football, and that is hurting the running game, but Barber is not what he was and Jones has been a big disappointment when it comes to making plays in the open field. Where the F is Choice? This group was supposed to be among the best in football and has done very little.

TE: Witten is still a fine tight end, but he runs around like he's got high heels on. Bennett is a block in the back penalty waiting to happen (though it was great to see them miss a clear block in the back penalty on the Manningham score tonight) We miss Phillips.

WR: I know it was one play, but Gruden made a good point on the 4th and goal play, that we were getting one on one coverage and not one WR made any play to get open. I like our WRs, but do we have guys who can consistantly make plays in the red zone (like the Giants clearly have)?

Front 7: No pressure on Manning. Other than Ware, do we have anyone who can consistantly get pressure? Spencer seems to be reverting back to his pre-2nd half of 2009 days.

Secondary: I like the Newman/Jenkins combo despite the rough few games Jenkins had, but is Scandrick anywhere close to the answer as a 3rd guy? Is Ball a long term solution at safety?
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:20 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
I think at 1-5, it's time to challenge conventional media wisdom about who is and who isn't a good player on this team. (I know this happens on this forum all the time)

RB: I know the interior o-line is among the worst in football, and that is hurting the running game, but Barber is not what he was and Jones has been a big disappointment when it comes to making plays in the open field. Where the F is Choice? This group was supposed to be among the best in football and has done very little.

TE: Witten is still a fine tight end, but he runs around like he's got high heels on. Bennett is a block in the back penalty waiting to happen (though it was great to see them miss a clear block in the back penalty on the Manningham score tonight) We miss Phillips.

WR: I know it was one play, but Gruden made a good point on the 4th and goal play, that we were getting one on one coverage and not one WR made any play to get open. I like our WRs, but do we have guys who can consistantly make plays in the red zone (like the Giants clearly have)?

Front 7: No pressure on Manning. Other than Ware, do we have anyone who can consistantly get pressure? Spencer seems to be reverting back to his pre-2nd half of 2009 days.

Secondary: I like the Newman/Jenkins combo despite the rough few games Jenkins had, but is Scandrick anywhere close to the answer as a 3rd guy? Is Ball a long term solution at safety?
While you make some valid points everywhere else, Dez and Miles are dominant WRs, with Roy playing well too. If we fix the o-line to give romo time, this is the best trio in the league.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our season was over the moment Romo came out.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:37 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay, i was talking about this in the NFL forum, but i wanna hear some responses from guys that have watched either of these guys extensively, or at least enough to make a sound judgment.

Who would be the better fit for our defense, and who would your rather have, Patrick Peterson or Prince Amukamara? I'm bringing these guys up because they're clearly the top prospects at a position we're obviously in dire need of help in. The offensive line is complete horse **** but there's no talent at the top of the draft that would justify us taking someone that early. So, thoughts?
Old 10-26-2010, 01:39 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Okay, i was talking about this in the NFL forum, but i wanna hear some responses from guys that have watched either of these guys extensively, or at least enough to make a sound judgment.

Who would be the better fit for our defense, and who would your rather have, Patrick Peterson or Prince Amukamara? I'm bringing these guys up because they're clearly the top prospects at a position we're obviously in dire need of help in. The offensive line is complete horse **** but there's no talent at the top of the draft that would justify us taking someone that early. So, thoughts?
Peterson and it ain't even close for me.

But Scott said something that's really got me thinking... He says some scouts think Peterson's best position in the NFL might be at Safety. The CB class is deep. IF we draft Peterson as a safety and nab a CB later... Booya!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:49 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Peterson and it ain't even close for me.

But Scott said something that's really got me thinking... He says some scouts think Peterson's best position in the NFL might be at Safety. The CB class is deep. IF we draft Peterson as a safety and nab a CB later... Booya!
I hate that i have seen little to nothing on Peterson. I never catch any LSU games. Amukamara played lights out last year versus Texas, and seems like the kind of guy we could use, he reminds me of a young Antoine Winfield.

I think this becomes a classic debate between the guy with the high floor and the guy with the high ceiling. Peterson has the playmaking ability we so desperately lack, but Amukamara seems like a guy you could just plug in from day one and he'll be good for the next eight years.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:18 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry the game went down the way it did. I like you guys as a group. I think you are all good insightful posters. Hope Romo can come back! It's always a terrible thing when a starting qb gets hurt.

On a side note, I am happy that Bradshaw got 124 yards. So that's what I was hoping for all game, and a win of course. But getting O'hara back is probably the best thing that's happened to us. No more Koets in there. This was O'hara's second game back. I thought he would struggle against the 1 T. Very hard to face Suh one week and than Jay R. the other.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:04 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chros Gronkowski needs to be taken out behind a shed and beat silly.
Where the **** did that guy think he was going?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:05 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Chros Gronkowski needs to be taken out behind a shed and beat silly.
Where the **** did that guy think he was going?
Reminded me of Varsity Blue where Billy Bob misses a block, and Paul Walker's character gets hurt.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:54 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Guys, I hate to break it to you, but you know with our luck, Kitna is gonna ball out and get us to about 6-10 lol, and were not getting peterson.

This team has to mucn talent to go 2-14. Not gonna lie, right now I hope we do.

New coaches and peterson.. I wouldn't even need porn next summer!!!
Old 10-26-2010, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was at the game and it was so bad.

I don't even know where to start. That is probably the worst defensive effort I've ever seen, especially given the circumstances of Romo going down, having the lead and needing the defense to step up and control this game.

No heart. I've never seen Ware so invisible.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:49 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I was at the game and it was so bad.

I don't even know where to start. That is probably the worst defensive effort I've ever seen, especially given the circumstances of Romo going down, having the lead and needing the defense to step up and control this game.

No heart. I've never seen Ware so invisible.
Your veteran leadership stinks. I don't see anyone firing the team up. They all kept showing on tv, shots of the defense just staring up into the sky.

Coughlin mentioned in his presser that when we were down 20-7 guys were still motivating each other. I honestly think that's the difference. You guys need someone to kick people around. Your HC won't do that. And it appears that no one on your team will either.

Who is that guy that is going to chew people out? Where is that guy pumping up the players?
Old 10-26-2010, 10:30 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Igor Olshanksky celebrating after every play he made, even though his defense was giving up 500 yards is a prime example of what is wrong with the Cowboys right now.

Really Igor? You made a stop vs the run and now you're pumping your fists?

And the worst part, I was waiting for Phillips to kill him when he got to the sideline, to remind him how idiotic that was.

Wade doesn't do a thing. Doesn't even look at him.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:45 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
Your veteran leadership stinks. I don't see anyone firing the team up. They all kept showing on tv, shots of the defense just staring up into the sky.

Coughlin mentioned in his presser that when we were down 20-7 guys were still motivating each other. I honestly think that's the difference. You guys need someone to kick people around. Your HC won't do that. And it appears that no one on your team will either.

Who is that guy that is going to chew people out? Where is that guy pumping up the players?
Coaching aside, I've always considered the MLB to be THAT guy. Guys like Mike Singletary, Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher, Zach Thomas (in MIA)... their energy exuded over to the rest of the team. Their leadership never failed even when their QB was bad or got injured. Lewis had to put up with years of Kyle Boller and other crappy QBs, but he NEVER let his defense let up.

Bradie James is not and has never been that kind of influence. Brooking tries, he's really a fireball. See his INT last night? He never gave up, but the team does not respond to him the same way. The last person who we had that was that way was Ken Norton Jr. ....and we won SBs with him. I think Sean Lee is pretty intense, focused and vocal on the field, but he's still too young. He doesn't have the credibility here that he did at Penn St. So, it's time to start getting him in games more often as he is the future at the position... and could be THAT guy who we finally can lean on in the future to lead the defense.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:45 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Igor Olshanksky celebrating after every play he made, even though his defense was giving up 500 yards is a prime example of what is wrong with the Cowboys right now.

Really Igor? You made a stop vs the run and now you're pumping your fists?

And the worst part, I was waiting for Phillips to kill him when he got to the sideline, to remind him how idiotic that was.

Wade doesn't do a thing. Doesn't even look at him.
Igor and Spears. They both do it. Really irritates me.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:22 AM    (permalink
jbsg02
Rookie

jbsg02 is a cocksman.jbsg02 is a cocksman.jbsg02 is a cocksman.

Haven't posted in here in a while, but was reading few the last couple of pages. I pretty much agree with what everyone has said and most people here are on the same page. Playoff hopes are done for, we HAVE to get some of the young guys on the field and see what they are capable of, we have nothing more to lose at this point. We gotta get Choice in games now and see if he can share the load with Felix next year. Sean Lee needs to be getting most of Keith Brooking's reps. Try AOA out at safety because it can't get much worse then it is now.
jbsg02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:44 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Ok, lets turn a new leaf here. What does everyone see happening in the next year, changes wise..?

Here are my assumptions:

1. New coaching staff.

2. Marion Barber Gone.

3. Is Roy gone? He has been playing well, but a part of me would rathe draft a steve smith type guy in the 4th round for the slot, and have Dez and Miles on the outside.

4. O-line? Is everyone scrapped but free? I wouldn't mind it.

5. D-Line, do we look for new DE's?

6. Secondary.. If the pick is there, are we taking Peterson or Prince, while it may not be the biggest need area?

Lot's of questions for a team thought to be in the superbowl.

I'd appreciate it if I get some responses, because I am very curious.

Side note: When run stopping scrub defense ends pump there fists after a 2 yard tackle... It pisses me off too. Igor, have you had a sack in the last 5 years?
Old 10-26-2010, 11:46 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any word on the extent of the Romo injury? Inquiring fantasy minds need to know!

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:49 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

He's not gonna play anyway unless kitna win 6 in a row lol...
Old 10-26-2010, 11:51 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Coaching aside, I've always considered the MLB to be THAT guy. Guys like Mike Singletary, Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher, Zach Thomas (in MIA)... their energy exuded over to the rest of the team. Their leadership never failed even when their QB was bad or got injured. Lewis had to put up with years of Kyle Boller and other crappy QBs, but he NEVER let his defense let up.

Bradie James is not and has never been that kind of influence. Brooking tries, he's really a fireball. See his INT last night? He never gave up, but the team does not respond to him the same way. The last person who we had that was that way was Ken Norton Jr. ....and we won SBs with him. I think Sean Lee is pretty intense, focused and vocal on the field, but he's still too young. He doesn't have the credibility here that he did at Penn St. So, it's time to start getting him in games more often as he is the future at the position... and could be THAT guy who we finally can lean on in the future to lead the defense.
It doesn't have to be the MLB. For us it's Tuck on defense. Offensively, it's your QB or OL player if he is a veteran. It could be a WR too. The fact is you guys have a veteran team. Anyone can take over. How about Ware? James? When they showed shots of Romo, he was de-attached from the game. Granted he got hurt, but pump up your team! Do something! Your a franchise QB for the cowboys. He reminded me of LT on the Chargers when he sat out, because of an injury against the Pats, and had the towel on his head. Show some leadership! Someone step up!

The HC has to do it too. When you see the sideline, you see Coughllin pumping players up and ranting and raving. Tubby and the staff just stand there. So the players take the coaches demeanor and do the same. I understand you lost your QB, but someone step up and be a leader.

You see your defense getting shredded, I would expect Ware or someone to lay into the unit. Instead based on what I saw on tv, everyone looked disinterested and staring at the sky. You have to have leadership on your team. Does Tubby even yell at players? In all my years of watching him, I haven't seen him get mad at all..