Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-08-2010, 01:59 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

He has my mom throwing to him right now..

During those superbowl and playoffs years, Fitzgerald was a leader.

Your a respected poster D, but come on.

Just liek our defensive scheme is fine right..? yeah....
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:00 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wade got fired.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2010/11/...arrett-cowboys

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cowboys View Post
As far as Lee; haven't seen anything exactly on that, but I would like to hear more in respect to his leadership qualities.
See for yourself what those around him think of him...

D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:01 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

He has been the only one up beat about playing in his body language, and in interviews.

He's a rookie 8 games in. He can be our future offensive leader, that is what i'm saying.

I'm not saying he is elway. Jesus.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post

I'm just a normal poster like everyone else who is right and wrong sometimes.

Wade's scheme is fine. You'll see him become a successful DC once again after he leaves us.

It's not the scheme... maybe it's the defensive play calling, and toning it down due to weaknesses in personnel... but the pure scheme/play book has been proven to be successful.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Location: Springfield, OH: Most Depressing City in the Country. Look it up
Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'm sorry but please point out what you call a leader....I may be completely missing something here.
If you attribute it all to onfield play and hustle ok I can see where you come from.

If your saying off the field please think a little bit.

Doesn't matter who is throwing to him a leader isn't someone that scores zillions of points, it is a guy that makes people around him better!

Romo as much as I don't think he is able to win a super bowl is the Leader of our offense. T.O. was also, its a guy that holds himself to the highest level and won't accept less from himself or anyone around him.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:06 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Steps up and plays, yeah. No doubt about it.

Is he a vocal leader... someone who can be a team captain? I don't know if he has that kind of character to be honest. He barely speaks English. lol.
Hahaha what language does he speak? Mario Manningham speaks like he is a 10 year old missing half a brain.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
He has been the only one up beat about playing in his body language, and in interviews.

He's a rookie 8 games in. He can be our future offensive leader, that is what i'm saying.

I'm not saying he is elway. Jesus.
I'll concede... Look at that CDC, I'm a changed man!!! haha.

No really though... I have to concede, because he is someone who can carry our team on his back. In that regard, I do see him having the potential to be a great leader for us. Maybe he'll even be a vocal leader, motivating others on the sidelines and between the sidelines down the line. I know he has a way of getting those around him to like him. He has that charimsa. People like to hang around him and enjoy the fun he has.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:11 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

After watching that video, I don't see how Sean Lee doesn't become a pro-bowler. That just got me alittle more excited about the future.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Location: Springfield, OH: Most Depressing City in the Country. Look it up
Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
See for yourself what those around him think of him...

Thanks much, new it was somewhere.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:18 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

I'm still just pissed about how our passing game is lacking. Time to cut the dead weight of Bennett too. SHould've taken that 2nd rounder. That could've been a pro-bowl guard. Jesus.

John Phillips should help when he returns. He's a baller with character.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I'm still just pissed about how our passing game is lacking. Time to cut the dead weight of Bennett too. SHould've taken that 2nd rounder. That could've been a pro-bowl guard. Jesus.

John Phillips should help when he returns. He's a baller with character.
Yup. Phillips is a baller and Bennett is just a bust. But we don't need to cut dead weight there because he doesn't make that much money. We'd actually get better use out of him if we ran the ball more than we did. But in a passing offense like ours, Bennett is just a bad decoy boy.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:33 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I swear to god, if we retain Garrett next year...because he wasnt given a "fair shot", I'm going on strike.

And D, I def. dont expect any change. Garrett's still going to be calling the same ****** plays, with the exact same ****** offensive line intact.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:40 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

delete dbl post.

Last edited by LizardState : 11-08-2010 at 02:43 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I swear to god, if we retain Garrett next year...because he wasnt given a "fair shot", I'm going on strike.

And D, I def. dont expect any change. Garrett's still going to be calling the same ****** plays, with the exact same ****** offensive line intact.
Garrett's a F'n clown. I heard Matt Mosely on the radio this morning and he doesn't think Garrett has a chance in hell at being our HC next season. Good. I think the Dallas media can pressure Jerry into finding a different HC.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:41 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just mad because he doesnt even deserve to be our HC, even on an interim basis. The guy could have been fired a number of times by now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-08-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Yes he did, corrective action too little, too late.

Quote:
Me neither. Better to keep him on top, the crown prince in waiting, than retained as OC, hire a new OC who has some tiny spark of creative thought.

1st midseason change in franchise history, but then again look at the other franchise rcds, most yardage given up, most points, most avg. per game over multiple games, etc. Drastic steps had to be taken.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Fox! Bill Sheridan! : P

uhhh John Garrett!

I doubt Gruden or Cowher would bite. It depends on who gets fired.. Maybe L. Frazer.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Dom Capers.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:07 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

Quote:
Dom Capers.
He is a coldblooded corporate reptile in personality, the antipode from Wade. But we went the warm fuzzy cuddly "player-friendly" route & it was a disaster so I wouldn't object.

Miles Austin stepped up with "I put this on the players .... we're the ones one the field." Overstating the obvious reality a bit, but this is a bitter pill that the players must swallow. The next HC shouldnt necessarily punish the players but they need to have their butts worked off, kind of like Singletary mooning the 9ers locker rm, or hitting a mule with a board, you know, just their get their frigging attention b/c that hasn't happened all yr.

And I don't think Wade had any love from Garrett or the rest of the team's inner circle ever since he showed up, remember all the tut-tutting & headshaking over his hire in the 1st place? Not saying Garrett's playcalling did Wade in by undermining, but it didnt do him any favors. And I believe every time Garrett saw the words Head Coach after Wade';s name he looked on them with no small degree of envy, he always thought that job should've been his or he wouldn't have turned down Atlanta & B-More 2-3 yrs ago.

Last edited by LizardState : 11-08-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:24 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brian Billick is my number one choice. I'd like him over any other coach out there with a ring besides Cowher. He's a smart guy with a lot of experience, and he knows how to get the respect of his players without having too big of an ego.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let me throw this out there.

What if this team somehow goes 4-4 or 5-3 and shows significant improvement under Garrett? What if he instills some accountability and players appear to play for him?

In short, what would it take for you to have a change of heart with Garrett?

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Let me throw this out there.

What if this team somehow goes 4-4 or 5-3 and shows significant improvement under Garrett? What if he instills some accountability and players appear to play for him?

In short, what would it take for you to have a change of heart with Garrett?
This was brought up in another thread. How in the world do expect us to win another 4 or 5 games? A lot of our players dont even respect Garrett. He is constantly being questioned by his own players. He doesnt deserve this job. Our line is **** and Garrett is still calling the plays. Our offense will look exactly the same. Who knows if our defense will improve with Pasqualoni, but our secondary still blows the big one. Our team isnt that good.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-08-2010, 04:22 PM    (permalink
ESVAburnout
Rookie

ESVAburnout is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairESVAburnout is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairESVAburnout is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairESVAburnout is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairESVAburnout is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairESVAburnout is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairESVAburnout is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairESVAburnout is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairESVAburnout is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairESVAburnout is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairESVAburnout is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I've read for many years but haven't posted for any of those. I hope someone who doesn't really have a lot to say to anyone can get some respect; motivation around here. My post will probably never be 3 or 4 paragraphs but I get into the game. Best believe that.

But yes, my dad called, so... I think the Cowboys will win every game and I will root for them every game until I die. I don't care if there are 2-13 teams I will root for the Cowboy's to go 3-13 over 2-14. I would be screaming like a little girl if we were down 53-0 lol. I love my Cowboys.

Jerry Jones just said it best "you should play every down like it is your last" you know what I would give to play for millions of dollars a year playing the game we love? TRY. You'll get more money by the end, promise :). Ya'll can hate on Jerry Jones all you want I love him, he loves his team and will always do what he thinks is best for them, I think his fear is what if the GM wants to run the 4-3, wants to run a different style of offense?

Say it with me. "WE ******".

His style had won us 3 super bowls we can't forget that. He even shut up some of the media with his response questions to Jason Garret(SP???) being the new interim head coach. Also GET DEZ BRYANT THE BALL. YOU WON'T REGRET IT!!!
ESVAburnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
This was brought up in another thread. How in the world do expect us to win another 4 or 5 games? A lot of our players dont even respect Garrett. He is constantly being questioned by his own players. He doesnt deserve this job. Our line is **** and Garrett is still calling the plays. Our offense will look exactly the same. Who knows if our defense will improve with Pasqualoni, but our secondary still blows the big one. Our team isnt that good.
I didn't say it would happen or that it's likely.

I'm simply throwing this out for discussion. I realize it would take a miracle for this team to close 4-4, but what if it happened and it was clear that it happened because Garrett took things by the reins and kicked some butt?

Would that be enough for you to give him a shot?

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote