Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-21-2010, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With every Cowboys win, their chance at Patrick Peterson slips away.

Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 04:15 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

I'd be more worried with the new GENIUS head coach you'll have to face for the next decade....
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 06:33 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
With every Cowboys win, their chance at Patrick Peterson slips away.

Patrick Peterson will end up being the next Laron Landry anyway, so it's all good.

That is unless he ends up playing with the Cowboys. Then he'll get 8 picks, 5 sacks, and 48 pass deflections in his first rookie season.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:13 PM    (permalink
baghdadbob
Rookie

baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.

Well, given the changes in the league on hits, the big DB who intimidates is going the way of the do-do bird. Smart players who can actually defend will be at a premium -- particularly at the S position. So PP, to me, is not as interesting as Prince.
baghdadbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baghdadbob View Post
Well, given the changes in the league on hits, the big DB who intimidates is going the way of the do-do bird. Smart players who can actually defend will be at a premium -- particularly at the S position. So PP, to me, is not as interesting as Prince.
While that logic is sound, you make the assumption that Peterson won't be a special player... That wouldn't be smart.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure why people assume Peterson is a lock to play safety. He's a corner and a damn good one at that.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Location: Springfield, OH: Most Depressing City in the Country. Look it up
Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
I'm not sure why people assume Peterson is a lock to play safety. He's a corner and a damn good one at that.
I think a lot of us see the need at safety and see him being the best option to transition from College corner to NFL Free Safety since we have such a hole there.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:43 PM    (permalink
baghdadbob
Rookie

baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
While that logic is sound, you make the assumption that Peterson won't be a special player... That wouldn't be smart.
I have little faith in products from the SEC Conference. Wayyyy toooooo much hype.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cowboys View Post
I think a lot of us see the need at safety and see him being the best option to transition from College corner to NFL Free Safety since we have such a hole there.
Those are my thoughts exactly. We have a bigger need at S, so that's why I like him at S. But I would be one bit upset I we played him at CB either.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have little faith in products from the SEC Conference. Wayyyy toooooo much hype.
Not sure whether to agree or disagree with this but I would have to say the ACC seems to produce a lot more consistent NFL players than the SEC.

Old 11-21-2010, 09:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Not sure whether to agree or disagree with this but I would have to say the ACC seems to produce a lot more consistent NFL players than the SEC.
I did a study before. I wonder if I can find it.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I did a study before. I wonder if I can find it.
I remember you posting something about it a while back, I was pretty sure ACC was the tops with SEC or Big Ten 2nd.

I think it was basically the AQS conferences that were top 5 but ya.

Old 11-21-2010, 11:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I remember you posting something about it a while back, I was pretty sure ACC was the tops with SEC or Big Ten 2nd.

I think it was basically the AQS conferences that were top 5 but ya.
Here it is... this is as of last year's rosters though...

1. SEC - 235 players in the NFL
2. ACC - 225 players in the NFL
3. BIG TEN - 201 players in the NFL

Last edited by thule : 11-22-2010 at 05:50 PM.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:00 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't had a chance to post much all day as I've enjoyed the games from the bars and friends houses, but just wanted to say that McCann has really been key to this team.

Kudos to him for finding a way to do things our starters and highest paid players on defense couldn't do. Force turnovers, big plays, score momentum changing TD's, that's very valuable and something we have lacked for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:00 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McCann's attitude is what I like about him. It reminds me of Miles Austin a bit. He really goes to make plays because he knows what it's like to fight for your job. I ALWAYS can appreciate a guy like that. This team needs hunger like that.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:02 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So... 9-7 will get us into the playoffs? :P

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:08 AM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what is Marian Barber's future looking like with Dallas?

My girlfriends bday is coming up and she loves Barber, and i was thinking about getting her a jersey... but i didnt wanna get her a barber jersey if he wasnt in the future for Dallas
Old 11-22-2010, 08:40 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Did anyone watch McCann's interview after the game? The dude isn't some dumb football player. The way he explained what was going through his head and the situation was amazing. He sounded like Peyton Manning. The kid is a keeper.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:41 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
what is Marian Barber's future looking like with Dallas?

My girlfriends bday is coming up and she loves Barber, and i was thinking about getting her a jersey... but i didnt wanna get her a barber jersey if he wasnt in the future for Dallas
Lol don't waste your money. I mean if she's a Barber fan she'd probably still appreciate it, but I'd rather go with a plaque type of thing with a pic and a small write up. With those things it can be an old team. I'd still take one of Randy Moss on the Vikes.

Either way chances of Barber coming back are probably less then 10%, it just makes no sense. So he'll probably be rocking a new jersey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:57 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

After watching Dez's highlights so far... Terrell Thomas is Dez's ***** lol. That could help us in the future. I guarantee Thomas is hoping he never has to cover Dez again.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:21 AM    (permalink
baghdadbob
Rookie

Quote:
Here it is... this is as of last year's rosters though...

1. SEC - 235 players in the NFL
2. ACC - 225 players in the NFL
3. BIG TEN - 201 players in the NFL

Not disputing the stats just saying the size of the conference makes a diff.

Big Ten has 11 teams whereas ACC and SEC has 12

Add Nebraska to the Big Ten and see what happens ....

Notwithstanding, when I look at stud performers in the NFL -- I see nothing extraordinary about the SEC's ability to create great players.

Last edited by thule : 11-22-2010 at 05:51 PM.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:22 AM    (permalink
baghdadbob
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
So... 9-7 will get us into the playoffs? :P
Get to 7-7 first.

But I don't think so. Too many teams to claw over.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:38 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Not disputing the stats just saying the size of the conference makes a diff.

Big Ten has 11 teams whereas ACC and SEC has 12

Add Nebraska to the Big Ten and see what happens ....

Notwithstanding, when I look at stud performers in the NFL -- I see nothing extraordinary about the SEC's ability to create great players.
It makes a difference if you want to talk about averages in the NFL, but that's not what the conversation was... we were just talking about totals.

Besides, I don't think you judge the player by conference. I think you judge them on their own merit.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:35 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
McCann's attitude is what I like about him. It reminds me of Miles Austin a bit. He really goes to make plays because he knows what it's like to fight for your job. I ALWAYS can appreciate a guy like that. This team needs hunger like that.
I agree 100%, he's rookie of the yr. as far as I'm concerned.

He was the sparkplug they needed, more than compensated for the AOA return game suckage. An UDFA from SMU right there in Dallas, who'da thunk it?

The easy p/o of the schdule is over, recess bel rings, back to school..... NOLA Saints on Thxgiving, then @ Indy who are riddled with injuries but you still have to deal with RoboQB's huge arm. And Philly twice, arrrgghh :/
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Get to 7-7 first.

But I don't think so. Too many teams to claw over.
I don't think we'll go undefeated under Garrett. But well, that would be awesome!

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote