Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-22-2010, 02:18 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
After watching Dez's highlights so far... Terrell Thomas is Dez's ***** lol. That could help us in the future. I guarantee Thomas is hoping he never has to cover Dez again.
Everyone is having trouble to cover Dez. There was one point in the game that was like 3rd and 13 and we ran like a 3 yard out with Witten, Kitna was saying "my bad" after. But my thought was that why didn't we just run a fade and lob it up to Dez?

That's what you can do with a WR like him, a short 20 yard fade right lobbed up on the sideline, he's been unstoppable with that the last few weeks and it doesn't matter if he's covered.

Also I don't know about anyone else but I'm worried about Romo getting in sync with him on those types of passes. He's never been good at that and someone correct me if I'm wrong. He was screwing up lob passes with Marty B, Roy Williams, and someone like Brad Johnson could come in and do it without any trouble.

Romo seems to be a more in sync passer, finding open lanes, that's what he always does with his WR's and Witten. I have rarely seen him do very many jump ball situations, and I don't know how that's gonna work out. But I'm pretty sure Jerry is trying to get him back to get into a groove with Dez for next season to make sure he's worked in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:21 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

You are right in that aspect. Kitna's jump ball's have been perfect, I haven't really seen that from Romo.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
I agree 100%, he's rookie of the yr. as far as I'm concerned.

He was the sparkplug they needed, more than compensated for the AOA return game suckage. An UDFA from SMU right there in Dallas, who'da thunk it?

The easy p/o of the schdule is over, recess bel rings, back to school..... NOLA Saints on Thxgiving, then @ Indy who are riddled with injuries but you still have to deal with RoboQB's huge arm. And Philly twice, arrrgghh :/
Wait what? Are you forgetting the one they call Dez? :)

AOA in the return game was/is a bust. We need to move on. Hopefully, he turns into a nice back up Safety... anything more would be bonus.

As for NOR on Thanksgiving.... I ALWAYS love our odds on Turkey Day. GO COWBOYS! If we're gonna start winning, then let's go all the way! If we're gonna start losing... then, let's lose all the way! hahaha.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:25 PM    (permalink
baghdadbob
Rookie

baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
It makes a difference if you want to talk about averages in the NFL, but that's not what the conversation was... we were just talking about totals.

Besides, I don't think you judge the player by conference. I think you judge them on their own merit.
What you say makes some sense but the Conference does have an effect on the players.

Big Ten, no one gives a crap who you are unless you are Desmond Howard. You are expected to go to classes and be normal as possible.

SEC, it is one big party all 4 years being on the football team.

If you value maturity, intelligence, hard work -- you have a better shot at the Big Ten then SEC. I also value the Big East schools and Pac-10.

SEC gets the most talent -- no doubt -- but the conversion process is weak at best.

Example ..... First Team AP All-Pro

Offense: 5 Big Ten -- 1 Sec -- 0 ACC
Defense: 1 Big Ten -- 2 SEC -- 4 ACC

Second Team AP does not look much diff for the SEC. Lots of Big Ten, ACC, Coastal, and Big East.

Last edited by baghdadbob : 11-22-2010 at 02:34 PM.
baghdadbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baghdadbob View Post
What you say makes some sense but the Conference does have an effect on the players.

Big Ten, no one gives a crap who you are unless you are Desmond Howard. You are expected to go to classes and be normal as possible.

SEC, it is one big party all 4 years being on the football team.

If you value maturity, intelligence, hard work -- you have a better shot at the Big Ten then SEC. I also value the Big East schools and Pac-10.

SEC gets the most talent -- no doubt -- but the conversion process is weak at best.
Wrong, Its the same here only it gets Cold. The further south the more parties because it is warm and they do what they want. Here they just do the same stuff indoors. Sure they "Go to class" just like everyone else....

I mean Terrelle Pryor doubt he has the grades your average student is required to have at OSU.

SEC has a lot of guys that come out with problems, but so does everyone else. Vince Young in the Big 12, JaMarcus Russel in the SEC, Ryan Leaf in the Pac 10, Maurice Clarrett in the Big 10. Pryor is going to be my guess at the next Big 10 Flunk..... Point is, D1 athletes are catored (I feel like i'm spelling that wrong) to regardless. If your a stud on your team you get what you want and do what you want...

Edit: Point being, don't just hate on the kids that make a smart choice and go to the South where it is warm and the women are in bikinis during class

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:47 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SEC is where the money's at, that's why players families push them down there. The partying and bitches are just the cherry on top.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:00 PM    (permalink
baghdadbob
Rookie

baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
SEC is where the money's at, that's why players families push them down there. The partying and bitches are just the cherry on top.
Amen, but that is exactly the type of player who usually does not make a good pro.

Pro stands for Professional and if that is the world you are raised in ..... then what happens once you get a big contract?
baghdadbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:23 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

If you could take on right now for the next decade, Suh or Dez?
Old 11-22-2010, 05:39 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm sure even the Cowboys fans here will say Suh... Most of them anyway.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are always exceptions, so while I have I my own biases, I try not to let it completely fog my opinion on a player. When I hear people say, don't draft a player from x conference or x school, I always think ... gotta judge the player first. But I like to look at other factors for hints.... and what conference they come from is just another hint, not an absolute fact.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
We run a 3-4, so it's not even a slight consideration for me. DEZ, DEZ, DEZ.

One that would be intriguing is... Dez or Berry/Thomas.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:23 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would take Ngata over any WR in the NFL easily without thinking twice, so that should answer the question for me. Any scheme too.

Quote:
Old 11-22-2010, 07:01 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
So... 9-7 will get us into the playoffs? :P
6 teams in the nfc already have 7 wins...so no

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:02 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baghdadbob View Post
Amen, but that is exactly the type of player who usually does not make a good pro.

Pro stands for Professional and if that is the world you are raised in ..... then what happens once you get a big contract?
The price of excellence is discipline. The cost of mediocrity is disappointment.
-William Arthur Ward

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I would take Ngata over any WR in the NFL easily without thinking twice, so that should answer the question for me. Any scheme too.
Hmm.... I probably would take Ngata too. ...but he's the extreme rare exception. ...and he wasn't in the same draft anyways. We've had 4...or is it 5 years to see Ngata play in the NFL. If you saw Dez after 4/5 years, you might not say Ngata. haha. But anyways... Suh is no Ngata. So gimme Dez over Suh.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:54 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I'm sure even the Cowboys fans here will say Suh... Most of them anyway.
It really depends on who your coaching staff is and what you're running. Suh is more unique because there are many great receiving prospects, but he could get put in the wrong scheme that hinders his playmaking ability. I think he'd be good in a 3-4, but not exceptional like he is now in the 4-3. Some defensive schemes put a pacifier on their D-linemen, and I'd hate to see that happen to someone as gifted as Suh. I'm glad that's not the case.

Building from scratch I'd take Suh, but Dez would be great anywhere unless you have a really ******** coach and/or QB that never throws to them. Dez also plays a position that brings a lot of notoriety too, so he could be big business for a team that needs it. Of course the Cowboys don't really need that, and the thought of Ware, Suh, Ratliff, and Spencer rushing the passer is just insane.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:23 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

D-Unit... Suh will be better than Ngata lol. What are you talking about??
Old 11-22-2010, 08:58 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Hmm.... I probably would take Ngata too. ...but he's the extreme rare exception. ...and he wasn't in the same draft anyways. We've had 4...or is it 5 years to see Ngata play in the NFL. If you saw Dez after 4/5 years, you might not say Ngata. haha. But anyways... Suh is no Ngata. So gimme Dez over Suh.
Your right, for all we know right now Suh could end up better. He's certainly been more dominant early in his career. I know Ngata is more like an exception but I think by all accounts Suh is the type of exception were talking about here. Even with Andre catching 115 passes and 1500 yards, or Fitz going nuts in the playoffs a few years ago, give me Ngata and the way he dominates the D-line up front.

It's not like we don't have WR's, or can't find any. I do know it's alot easier to pick up a WR from anywhere who can produce at a high level then it is to find a D lineman to dominate games.

Quote:
Old 11-22-2010, 09:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Your right, for all we know right now Suh could end up better. He's certainly been more dominant early in his career. I know Ngata is more like an exception but I think by all accounts Suh is the type of exception were talking about here. Even with Andre catching 115 passes and 1500 yards, or Fitz going nuts in the playoffs a few years ago, give me Ngata and the way he dominates the D-line up front.

It's not like we don't have WR's, or can't find any. I do know it's alot easier to pick up a WR from anywhere who can produce at a high level then it is to find a D lineman to dominate games.
How many Dez Bryant's are there out there??? huh huh? lol... it's fun to play devil's advocate. That's me! Screw conventional thinking! That's my motto. ;)
Old 11-22-2010, 09:39 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Either way I think we'd be in good shoes. Dez looks like he may end up better then I even thought he would be, and faster. He's so much stronger then DB's at this stage already, he tosses guys around after the catch like he's swatting kids away. I'm just trying to temper my excitement because you just never know, Antonio Bryant looked really sexy as a rookie too.

Obviously Dez has been more impressive, but it's still something I just want to see become a sure thing because I just think the moment I do it'll be taken away. I don't think anyone here didn't see Jenkins establishing himself as one of the better CB's in football this year. I'm always interested in seeing how a young talented player, progresses, or continues to work at their craft.

Quote:
Old 11-23-2010, 01:33 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

No disrespect to Antonio Bryant or Jenkins, but Antonio was a 2nd round talent and Jenkins was no Deion type prospect, although still very good. Dez just oozes dominance, and he loves football. Anything can happen, but I don't see this kid going away like some scrub. He just doesn't have losing or giving up in his DNA.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:42 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

I wasn't really referring to you because you obviously think Dez will be the best player in the NFL next season and is a lock to be a 1st ballot HOFer. But for the record Antonio Bryant WAS in fact a 1st round talent, a Bilitnekoff winner, and a great prospect himself that fell further then he should have.

It's not like Dez wasn't getting to the middle of the 20's himself in the draft, but draft position means nothing. But I do understand that Dez is a sure thing to stardom in your eyes.

Quote:
Old 11-23-2010, 01:46 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Antonio Bryant and Dez Bryant in the same sentence is laughable.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:52 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

LL, Dez makes bread and wine out of sand in my eyes. You need to understand that..

But in all seriousness, with the way the kid plays the game, I don't see how he is destined to be anything but great, for a LONG time. Now stranger things have happened and people have fallen off unexpectedly of course, but I just don't see it with Dez. The kid loves playing. That in my mind is the number one thing.

Did Antonio Bryant love football? Quincy Carter? Ricky Williams?

There is a huge difference. Dez lives for it.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:04 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wasn't really referring to you because you obviously think Dez will be the best player in the NFL next season and is a lock to be a 1st ballot HOFer. But for the record Antonio Bryant WAS in fact a 1st round talent, a Bilitnekoff winner, and a great prospect himself that fell further then he should have.

It's not like Dez wasn't getting to the middle of the 20's himself in the draft, but draft position means nothing. But I do understand that Dez is a sure thing to stardom in your eyes.
Yeah, Antonio was a Pro Bowl level talent. A lot of people were raving about him too because of how natural he was at running routes. His problem was some crappy QBs early in his career and his attitude. I think that Dez is the better talent, but Antonio could have been a top 10 guy if he never pissed off Parcells. He put up 1,000 yards in Cleveland of all places, and he had a really big year in 2008 with Chris Simms throwing him the ball and without a good running game.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote