Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-01-2010, 07:51 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the deal with Spencer? He's got 3 sacks on the year, that's just not getting it done, especially when you're playing across from one of the games top pass rushers. Could we be in the runnings for a guy like Robert Quinn if PP, Prince, Dareus are off the board? I haven't heard many peoples feelings on Spencer, but he only has something like 13 sacks in 4 years here. That stat screams bust to me.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:51 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would we look at his total stats in 4 years when he was behind Greg Ellis for what, 2 full seasons? He's having a down season like 90% of our football team, he's not the only one. Still Pass rusher, or OLB is not a need. Spencer is fine opposite Ware and we have two great part time pass rushers behind those guys in Victor Butler and Brandon Williams. Way too many other needs to take another pass rusher right now.

Spencer will get a shot to bounce back like Jenkins and nearly every other young player who is having a down year. Spencer showed he wasn't a bust last year and he's always been great vs the run even his early seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Billick,
Nah, not too keen on that.

Quote:
Gruden,
I think he's overrated, but yes, he would be better based on his track record. I'm not so sure that's a certainty 5 years from now.

Quote:
Cowher,
Yes, but again overrated and will command huge money and power. And I don't think his track record proves that he should be given significant power on personel. That was not his role in Pitt.

Quote:
Harbaugh,
Stanford? I would not take him over Garrett. I think that's a real roll of the dice. and remember that the record of good college coaches coming to the NFL is not good.

Quote:
Rob Ryan,
Interesting thought, but his resume is really not much better than Garrett's.

Quote:
Herm Edwards,
Uh, No. You're kidding right?

Quote:
Mike Zimmer,
See comment on Ryan above.

Quote:
Dom Capers,
Maybe.

Quote:
Todd Bowles,
He's under contract. And let's see his deal play out. I'm not convinced he's going to be good long term.

Quote:
Kevin Gilbride, Russ Grimm,
Good Lord. I"m starting to think this is a joke.

Quote:
Ron Rivera, John Fox...
Rivera is a maybe. Fox is a pretty decent coach.

Quote:
Garrett is not qualified whatsoever for the job, he has done nothing to prove he deserves this position outside of the fact that his family has ties with the Jones'. Any of the guys I listed above would be better candidates for us.
Both of these statements are completely and utterly false. I would agree he's had some growing pains as a play caller, but you simply can not say he has done nothing. His offenses have been pretty darn good. And I went through the guys above and several of them clearly are not a BETTER choice.

Quote:
I don't understand what anyone sees in Garrett. Yea, he went to Princeton, so what? He was an awful offensive coordinator here and that is fact, I think it is more wishful thinking than anything else for any of us to believe in him as a successful HC.
It is not a fact that he has been awful. You are not looking at this in an objective manner.

Quote:
Why would you not want to go ahead and grab a guy who has had success in the NFL? Are you ready to hand the keys over to Garrett and trust he can get us back to prominence when he has done nothing to prove so?
That's what the last 8 games are for; to prove if he can lead. I find it hard to believe that you have not been at least a little impressed that he has had a positive impact on this thing, at least a little.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:10 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What's the deal with Spencer? He's got 3 sacks on the year, that's just not getting it done, especially when you're playing across from one of the games top pass rushers. Could we be in the runnings for a guy like Robert Quinn if PP, Prince, Dareus are off the board? I haven't heard many peoples feelings on Spencer, but he only has something like 13 sacks in 4 years here. That stat screams bust to me.
You all know I haven't ever been on the Spencer bandwagon. Been calling for Butler to take his spot all year. Good things happen when Butler gets on the field. Spencer is just invisible.

But no. Not another OLB in Round 1. No. Just, no.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:14 PM    (permalink
baghdadbob
Rookie

baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You all know I haven't ever been on the Spencer bandwagon. Been calling for Butler to take his spot all year. Good things happen when Butler gets on the field. Spencer is just invisible.

But no. Not another OLB in Round 1. No. Just, no.
Second the motion.
baghdadbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:27 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm trying to look at Garrett with some objectivity instead of getting too emotional about the guy in either a positive or negative extreme. On one hand I think he's done about as good of a job as someone can so far. The team's play literally night and day since he has taken over, and he really stresses to guys to be accountable while giving their all. That's what this team has been lacking for a while now.

On the other hand, how much of this is the team in desperation mode? How much of it is their backs being against the wall and the players playing harder to save their job? We all had high expectation for the team, and even though some holes were horrifyingly illustrated this year there was still guys with talent that we thought underachieved like Ware, Ratliff, Jenkins, etc. Are they trying to save face right now, or is Garrett really the difference maker. I think that it's a little bit of both.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it just me or does it not seem like this team has been committing far less penalties than it used to under Wade? Anyone know the stat on that? I'm thinking Garrett has this team under good wraps in that department.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:19 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
On the other hand, how much of this is the team in desperation mode? How much of it is their backs being against the wall and the players playing harder to save their job? We all had high expectation for the team, and even though some holes were horrifyingly illustrated this year there was still guys with talent that we thought underachieved like Ware, Ratliff, Jenkins, etc. Are they trying to save face right now, or is Garrett really the difference maker. I think that it's a little bit of both.
Where was this team vs Green Bay? These players didn't have any accountability or fight left. It's not a "worry about your job because Wade was fired" thing because everyone knew he was gone, it was pure and simple the players had quit. I don't think it's a coincidence we started playing better after Wade was fired because players want to save their job. We all know Jenkins will quit on plays any given time, he knows he isn't losing his job though.

I don't think you can credit the way this team has been playing to anyone but Garrett. If our players had any ounce of pride for what they do the Green Bay game wouldn't have looked the way it did. Do you think we would have played this well with Wade still as the Head Coach?

Quote:
Old 12-01-2010, 01:28 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Is it just me or does it not seem like this team has been committing far less penalties than it used to under Wade? Anyone know the stat on that? I'm thinking Garrett has this team under good wraps in that department.
I need to see the numbers but from the naked eye watching games it's been cut down drastically. 1 thing I was really looking for from him to do, and 1 thing I was always really critical of Wade for even when he was winning.

Quote:
Old 12-01-2010, 01:54 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The first thing I noticed when Garrett took over was the lack of penalties. It was literally like night or day, the team was always good for at least 2-3 Boneheaded, game changing penalties every single game. The penalties we're now seeing aren't those. It's strange, and maybe it's Kitna and not Garrett, but the offense is actually driving down the field and isn't getting those driving crushing penalties. I'm no longer hoping for a quick strike because I think one of our linemen or wr's is going to get us into a 3rd and 12 situation.

It's pretty remarkable how much the change has been night and day, anyone that isn't attributing that to Garrett is blind. Again, I've said over and over how much I think Garrett would be a good thing for this team, so I know I come off homer'ish. I just don't understand how someone would take Brian Billick or Mike Freaking Zimmer over Jason Garrett. JG's playcalling is suspect at times, but the Cowboys have had one of the top offenses since he's been at the helm. Period.

Quote:
Garrett as HC in 2011 = unlimited bubble screens, halfback passes, etc, the Dallas offense would become the gadget play gimmicky Boise St. of the NFL. As well as no OL housecleaning, limited use of Choice, limited throws to Witten & too many to Dez, retaining Roy Williams & the same Good Old Boys club kept around who put the team in the crapper this season.
The fact that you can even type this up is proof that you're completely dead set on not giving him a chance. No OL housecleaning? Unlimited bubble screens? You don't think one has anything to do with the other? Do you watch the same games everyone else does. The Bubble screens and 3 step drops are a result of the bad o-line, and great tackle breaking RB's(felix) and Wr's(Dez & Austin). That's the very essence of a coach knowing his teams strengths and weaknesses and playing to them.
Limited throws to Witten?.....Witten's been more of a factor since Garrett has taken over than before, and if he's not being targeted he's being held into help our struggling o-line. You're not a fan of Garrett, and you're contradicting yourself to make a point against him.

He's done a great job thus far, and still has much to learn...It's not going to be an overnight flawless change, but let's give him a fair and objective chance instead of just wishing/hoping for another change.

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 12-01-2010 at 01:59 PM.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Who's quote was that again?
Old 12-01-2010, 04:18 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some Jerry quotes from DMN where he bashes Tashard Choice.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...rd-choice.html

And Tashard's response

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...eps-quiet.html

I think it's safe to say we now know who is responsible for his limited playing time.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:20 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Who's quote was that again?
LizardState....a page back.

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 12-01-2010 at 04:32 PM.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:43 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This was the quote from last Sunday:

Jerry McDonald, the local San Jose Mercury News NFL columnist, said today that Garrett is "doing enough to make it past interim status."

I think I said he would surpass interim status if he wins the remaining 5 games & that won't happen. They are:

12/5 - @ Indy Colts
12/12 - Philadelphia
12/19 - Washington Skins
12/25 - @ Zona
1/2/11 - @ Eagles.

After the sorry showing Zona put up vs. the 9ers (who are effing terrible) Mon. night, I think beating them at home on Xmas day is almost a gimme if Dallas stays healthy. Indy is beatable but there's still that Fetushead RoboQB playing for them, & they have a tough home rcd. Revenge vs. the Skins @ home is doable too. They will probably split with the Eagles & finish 6-10, disappointing but still respectable all thing considered although not enough to name Garrett permanent HC.

On the other hand, sweep the goddamn detestable Eagles + Zona for that 6-10 rcd. & I'll be the 1st to say give him the job. Did I mention before I really, really don't like the Eagles?

If Garrett is responsible for < 16 penalties a game then more power to him. Dallas could ONLY have started playing more disciplined FB.

Realistically it's going to come right down to Jerry getting his 1st choice guy as a HC, Garrett is the default position if he doesn't.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Garrett IS Jerry's first choice. JG is gunna be the next coach. Denial is unhealthy.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:43 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Garrett IS Jerry's first choice. JG is gunna be the next coach. Denial is unhealthy.
Yup, I agree. Jerry wants Garrett to be his coach especially going into a year without a bargaining agreement.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Location: Springfield, OH: Most Depressing City in the Country. Look it up
Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Some Jerry quotes from DMN where he bashes Tashard Choice.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...rd-choice.html

And Tashard's response

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...eps-quiet.html

I think it's safe to say we now know who is responsible for his limited playing time.
Well in this case I see us cutting him or not resigning him and him having a great career and killing us every time we play him.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Yup, I agree. Jerry wants Garrett to be his coach especially going into a year without a bargaining agreement.
I think your last statement is overlooked by many. Any owner is going to be very reluctant to take on a huge contract for guys like Cowher or Gruden given the uncertainty for next year.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:25 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cowboys View Post
Well in this case I see us cutting him or not resigning him and him having a great career and killing us every time we play him.
Regardless of how he feels Choice will get his shot next year. It'll likely be Felix and Choice with Barber gone and there is a good chance Felix has to miss a game, and Choice will be the man again. He'll prove next year if we re-sign him which I think we will because he wants to stay here if he's wanted.

I'm not worried, he's gonna play great these next few games pretty much as a **** you to Jerry.

Quote:
Old 12-02-2010, 10:27 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Unless he hires his brother ahead of him! oooo imagine the drama then. Then you guys can start a reality TV show to go along with the show being a dallas cowboys cheerleader.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:35 AM    (permalink
baghdadbob
Rookie

baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.

So Dez melts down and plays a lousy game but Tashard Choice is called out for ST play?
Old 12-02-2010, 10:48 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by baghdadbob View Post
So Dez melts down and plays a lousy game but Tashard Choice is called out for ST play?
I'm wondering if you saw the game or just looked at the box score.

The passes going to Dez were uncatchably off target. I wouldn't even count them as him being targeted!

Another reason why Garrett as an OC is lousy. They should've got Dez involved more, even if it was on short easy passes to get the momentum rolling.

....and Choice wasn't being called out for anything in particular regarding that game alone. It's his STs play on the whole season. ...and to be honest, I didn't even know he was on STs! That's how invisible he's been to me.

With Barber out, Choice will get some nice opportunity now. I expect him to excel.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:48 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
Unless he hires his brother ahead of him! oooo imagine the drama then. Then you guys can start a reality TV show to go along with the show being a dallas cowboys cheerleader.
Just can't wait till you're on the staff buddy!!!! WE WANT THE INSIDE SCOOP!
Old 12-02-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Where was this team vs Green Bay? These players didn't have any accountability or fight left. It's not a "worry about your job because Wade was fired" thing because everyone knew he was gone, it was pure and simple the players had quit. I don't think it's a coincidence we started playing better after Wade was fired because players want to save their job. We all know Jenkins will quit on plays any given time, he knows he isn't losing his job though.

I don't think you can credit the way this team has been playing to anyone but Garrett. If our players had any ounce of pride for what they do the Green Bay game wouldn't have looked the way it did. Do you think we would have played this well with Wade still as the Head Coach?
I understand that Garrett is the reason for the spark, and I gave him credit for that. I'm wondering how long it lasts, and if he has what it takes to keep it going for the next 5-10 years as a good, stable coach. Interim coaches have come in before and made good strides in turning teams around, but the long term sustainability wasn't there and in the end the team stopped playing for him. Jim Haslett comes to mind because he had some nice success early on, but was better as a coordinator in the end. I'm giving him credit for what's gone on so far, but I'm not going to jump the gun and anoint him until we see what happens in this last, hard stretch. Even then, the experience and consistency of a guy like Fisher might be too attractive to pass up.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 04:32 PM    (permalink
baghdadbob
Rookie

Keep JG and bring in a DC that knows how to play a zone blitz scheme. That is all we need to fix the non-talent related problems.