Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-27-2006, 11:44 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetBLACK08
I doubt that Terrell Owens will leave, or Randy Moss will come in. Jerry Jones is becoming frustrated, and I am waiting to see Owens have a big game.

I am not sure if I am going to see one though, with our lethargic playcalling.
First time Jerry has come out against TO's play. I am happy. Fact is TO thinks he reports to Jerry and not Bill. And that is the root of this problem. He has alluded to this many times in conversations and in his demeanor towards Bill. Why ya think BP just ignores him?

TO is done. He is 33. Never had good hands. Is not in a West Coast system and does set a horrid example for his team. Now with a permanently damaged finger more excuses.

Move on. Draft a new WR or get Austin to step up. Has all the talent to do so.
I've been a huge proponent of Dwayne Bowe myself.
I would like a Mike Jarrett or even (gasp) Mike Williams or (gasp) Mike Jenkins via trade. Not sure Jarrett is worth a 1 but definately sure he is not there in late 2 so ....

Williams was very good in USC and has been jerked around since he came out. Going to Detroit was a disaster professionally and honestly he needs out. New place to see what life is about.

Vick makes everyone look bad except himself and Jenkins looked pretty good versus Dallas. He has good hands and his drops have been magnified by moping.

Both Williams and Jenkins needs a new place t0o thrive and are in "bad franchise" situations where lots of instability may lead to unnessary roster turnover.

With that said, a big 6'5 guy with good speed is needed. Helps in red zone. Helps in middle of field.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 11:59 AM    (permalink
jetBLACK08

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Do you think Jones is frustrated with Parcells? I think that if Parcells and the Boys falter this year and end poorly, his job might not be as secure as we think.

He would be smart to stick around for one more year, because I think this team is gonna be better next year than this year considering Romo will have a season under his belt, and you expect those young defenders to improve. But only time will tell how this pans out.

I personally think everyone is overreacting. This is the NFC. Its a rollercoaster.
I think you are probably right. If Parcells does not produce in the playoffs, His job will be in jeopardy. He has had alot of time and alot of talent, but no production. We have the same wins as we do last year. I really do not want PArcells to stay, and I really don't want him to go.

Bob Stoops anyone?>
Old 12-27-2006, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Do you think Jones is frustrated with Parcells? I think that if Parcells and the Boys falter this year and end poorly, his job might not be as secure as we think.

He would be smart to stick around for one more year, because I think this team is gonna be better next year than this year considering Romo will have a season under his belt, and you expect those young defenders to improve. But only time will tell how this pans out.

I personally think everyone is overreacting. This is the NFC. Its a rollercoaster.
I think you are probably right. If Parcells does not produce in the playoffs, His job will be in jeopardy. He has had alot of time and alot of talent, but no production. We have the same wins as we do last year. I really do not want PArcells to stay, and I really don't want him to go.

Bob Stoops anyone?>
What are we, the Dallas Sooners?
Old 12-27-2006, 12:33 PM    (permalink
jetBLACK08

This is the missing piece of the puzzle. THIS IS WHAT OUR TEAM LACKS.

Great Read.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:44 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree. I think a lot of what's in that article applies to our (and many others) team. Almost hard to believe that a canadian wrote that. j/p Thanks for the link. I think the other obvious flaw in our team is coaching/scheme/play calling.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Parcells' stressing of focus on football and not everything else is falling on deaf ears, especially with T.O. and his little birthday party.

In my opinion, Parcells should get rid of the media around Valley Ranch and get this team to play up to its talent.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:36 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

So, Terence Newman called out his team mates for playing like Dogs and said certain players should shut up and play properly.

Word has it TO, Bradie James and Roy Williams are the butt of his comments and T New did not deny.

Funny, the correlation between my comments about removing these 3 guys and T New's frustration with their play on the field and 'leadership' BS these 3 inadequate players have crowned themselves with.

Anyone else want to apologize to me now?? My eyes don't lie and apparently neither does T New.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:41 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

To T New: way to go calling out these big mouth bozos who constantly make huge mistakes then talk stupidity about performing and leadership.

Finally, a real Pro Bowl performer on this team is straightening out the TO's, Bradie's and Roy for talking a big game.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:46 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Oh, and by the way, Terence Newman is Bill's favorite player on the team.

So his comments about Bradie, TO and Roy sucking are not without weight or merit.
Old 12-27-2006, 05:08 PM    (permalink
jetBLACK08

Quote:

So his comments about Bradie, TO and Roy sucking are not without weight or merit.
source?
Old 12-27-2006, 05:37 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thread I miss it

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 05:44 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:

source?
DMN Cowboys Blog.
Old 12-27-2006, 05:51 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

source?
DMN Cowboys Blog.
Where exactly to he say anything about TO, Roy, or Bradie "sucking?"

Was there more than this? -
T.O. was a no-show but several of his teammates made themselves available this morning.

Cornerback Terence Newman said he was tired of all the talking his teammates have been doing and said he'd like to actually to see some results.

Asked if he was talking about players on both sides of the ball, Newman said, "It's possible."

Newman wouldn't name names, but his frustration comes a week after linebacker Bradie James called a players-only meeting for the defense.

James has basically appointed himself the voice of the defense and my gut tells me that Newman's sort of tired of listening to him.

Told what Newman had said about all the wordiness, James said he agreed.

"We've made this bed," James said. "Now we have to lay in it. The good thing about the bed is that all hope isn't lost."
Old 12-27-2006, 05:59 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

source?
DMN Cowboys Blog.
Ed Werder also. Check out ESPN.

I read the blog daily and Mosley is the team gossip.

He had referenced Williams in an earlier piece as one of the chatty ones also. Mosley hates roy most so not sure what to make of it.

Regardless a 'BP Guy' is calling out the non-BP. The non-BP guys are usually on TV.

Draw your conclusions. Remember also T New had a fight with Canty over stupid frat boy stuff.

Not lookin good
Old 12-27-2006, 06:26 PM    (permalink
jetBLACK08

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

source?
DMN Cowboys Blog.
Ed Werder also. Check out ESPN.

I read the blog daily and Mosley is the team gossip.

He had referenced Williams in an earlier piece as one of the chatty ones also. Mosley hates roy most so not sure what to make of it.

Regardless a 'BP Guy' is calling out the non-BP. The non-BP guys are usually on TV.

Draw your conclusions. Remember also T New had a fight with Canty over stupid frat boy stuff.

Not lookin good
I just saw this on the news. What are you talking about this not looking good? This is great. We need a leader that cuts out all the crap.
Old 12-27-2006, 06:40 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

One of the first topics of discussions when I first came to this board was should the Cowboys switch to 3-4?

I was originally in favor of keeping the 4-3 but soon changed my opinion when the idea kept growing.

Now I wonder if we really should have switched...what do you guys think?
Old 12-27-2006, 06:55 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

To elaborate on this idea think about if we switched back to 4-3, how much better our defense would be.

RDE DeMarcus Ware
RDT Chris Canty
LDT Jason Ferguson
LDE Marcus Spears

ROLB Kevin Burnett/Bobby Carpenter
MLB Bradie James
LOLB Akin Ayodele
Old 12-27-2006, 07:37 PM    (permalink
jetBLACK08

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCowboysFan
To elaborate on this idea think about if we switched back to 4-3, how much better our defense would be.

RDE DeMarcus Ware
RDT Chris Canty
LDT Jason Ferguson
LDE Marcus Spears

MLB Bradie James
LOLB Akin Ayodele
OMG
This is INSANE! I was thinking it the other day. I was saying if Parcells leaves and a 4-3 Coach comes over. Our team would be deadly. Ware would have to add more weight and such. But WOw. It would be amazing.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:06 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCowboysFan

RDE DeMarcus Ware
RDT Chris Canty
LDT Jason Ferguson
LDE Marcus Spears

MLB Bradie James
LOLB Akin Ayodele
OMG
This is INSANE! I was thinking it the other day. I was saying if Parcells leaves and a 4-3 Coach comes over. Our team would be deadly. Ware would have to add more weight and such. But WOw. It would be amazing.
I just wish we could keep Parcells and use the 4-3, though I guess I can't have my cake and eat it too.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:37 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

The folks arguing 3-4 versus 4-3 and getting all excited about it with the SAME EXACT PLAYERS playing more or less the same positions .... Ug.

So it is good T New said their are a lot of players talking that are getting abused on the field?

You think this good news? Wow, you sound like a therapist raving over breakthroughs on the couch.

I would venture T New is talking about a few of his friends on D as well as TO.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:53 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The folks arguing 3-4 versus 4-3 and getting all excited about it with the SAME EXACT PLAYERS playing more or less the same positions .... Ug.

So it is good T New said their are a lot of players talking that are getting abused on the field?

You think this good news? Wow, you sound like a therapist raving over breakthroughs on the couch.

I would venture T New is talking about a few of his friends on D as well as TO.
Um excuse me....there is a difference in 3 lineman or 4. Big one. The Cowboys are struggling stopping the run because they are not getting a push from the D-Line, having an extra lineman would help that cause, and Ware is a natural DE anyways.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:49 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default This and next year

We are all getting real technical about what the Cowboys need and I really enjoy reading all of this. But lets concentrate on the team and discuss positives as well. Remember we werent going to the Super Bowl this year.....We are still a long team with a great future with many good things. I admit we let a good opportunity pass us. We were still going to be only a 3seed and the farest we will drop is 5 seed. We have a good solid QB that time will tell if he is the real deal. RB...we could improve in tis area. WR....no matter what we are still dangerous. I think if we win 1 playoff game I will be happy......and say we had a good season with plenty of things to look forward too. Next year...we need to go OL or OT and a pass rushing LB...or Ellis. We just need to be positive and stop all this bashing...we are still a good solid team.

Come playoff time...teams get exposed...it happens every year. jsut like Chicago will (maybe) San Deigo....etc...playoffs are differet and weeks 15-16 are like playoffs......
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 02:12 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Thread I miss it

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 07:06 AM    (permalink
taylor03

For those of you that think Romo is the heir apparent to Staubch and Aikman you are wrong.

In his first five starts, Romo connected on 10 touchdowns, had two interceptions and was sacked just six times. In his last four games, he has thrown just four touchdowns with seven interceptions, and as mobile as he is, he's been sacked nine times.

Its because teams have now figured this guy out by watching enough tape.

He is a very pedestrian QB folks, just look at his mechanics, his feet and release. He is a gunslinger throwing into double coverage all the time, this guy is NOT a "Franchise" QB. Yes he is much better with our horrid line than Bledsoe but if you think this guy is the one to lead us for the next 12 years you are very wrong. This team still needs a QB with the complete package. I hope they find a way to get a future leader in the draft, like trading for the #1 pick even if it means giving up the next two years and starting over. This team has no chance with the current coach, or that sorry 3-4 defense. Lets start over and build this thing right not spend the next 3 years going 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 one and done.....year after year.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:00 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor03
For those of you that think Romo is the heir apparent to Staubch and Aikman you are wrong.

In his first five starts, Romo connected on 10 touchdowns, had two interceptions and was sacked just six times. In his last four games, he has thrown just four touchdowns with seven interceptions, and as mobile as he is, he's been sacked nine times.

Its because teams have now figured this guy out by watching enough tape.

He is a very pedestrian QB folks, just look at his mechanics, his feet and release. He is a gunslinger throwing into double coverage all the time, this guy is NOT a "Franchise" QB. Yes he is much better with our horrid line than Bledsoe but if you think this guy is the one to lead us for the next 12 years you are very wrong. This team still needs a QB with the complete package. I hope they find a way to get a future leader in the draft, like trading for the #1 pick even if it means giving up the next two years and starting over. This team has no chance with the current coach, or that sorry 3-4 defense. Lets start over and build this thing right not spend the next 3 years going 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 one and done.....year after year.
Isn't Favre a gunslinger with bad mechanics?

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote