Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-13-2010, 10:10 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Yeah, it really does. Tashard is a *****. I don't care if it was for his three year old cousin.
Yea I really don't know why it bothers you so much. If you read up on this stuff it happens way more then you'd like to know with cleats, jerseys, even Cris Carter said he did stuff like this his entire career. Calling him a ***** is just stupid but everyone is entitled to an opinion. TO was signing **** for people almost every week, if you feel that way then 85% of players in the league are a ***** according to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 02:15 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Yea I really don't know why it bothers you so much. If you read up on this stuff it happens way more then you'd like to know with cleats, jerseys, even Cris Carter said he did stuff like this his entire career. Calling him a ***** is just stupid but everyone is entitled to an opinion. TO was signing **** for people almost every week, if you feel that way then 85% of players in the league are a ***** according to you.
I've seen it happen at All-Star games. I've never seen anyone do it after losing to a division rival at home in a game that we very well should have won. It's just embarrassing, and there's plenty of people that agree. Save that **** for whenever you see him outside of the field of play. Not when the man is about to give an interview on national television, surrounded by dozens of photographers and reporters. He's a *****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Why does it make you mad? Who cares?
I'm not mad. I'm embarrassed.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:14 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I'm not mad. I'm embarrassed.
You still sound mad. It's nothing to be ashamed about. A lot of people apparently took issue with it. I'm just trying to understand the psychology behind it. Why do people like you care about it so much that it would embarrass you? Does it really affect your own self-esteem? Just trying to figure out what I don't get about it. I don't give a rats ass about it. In fact, I think he's a damn cool uncle! If I were that nephew, I'd be thrilled!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:15 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sometimes we need to realize that we care ALOT more as fans than the players do.

All these players, they're mostly friends off the field. They don't care at the end of the day. We take the "rivalry" more seriously than the players do. They play a game and get paid for it, then go home to their mansions.

They don't care. Once you realize that as a fan, you'll be in a better place.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Sometimes we need to realize that we care ALOT more as fans than the players do.

All these players, they're mostly friends off the field. They don't care at the end of the day. We take the "rivalry" more seriously than the players do. They play a game and get paid for it, then go home to their mansions.

They don't care. Once you realize that as a fan, you'll be in a better place.
x2. Besides how can getting an autograph for your nephew be a bad thing. Shame on the media for running with it. It's not like he pulled an Alex Barron and ruined the chances of victory and was grinning 5 seconds after it happened. Choice leaves every last bit of himself on the field every game. Not sure what's to hate about the guy...
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:17 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't Quincy Carter get Donovan McNabb's autograph after the game once? Oh well, it's not a big deal because most guys are catching up after the game and chatting it up with friends on the opposing side. I've seen multiple guys do it before. It only makes sense. I'm sure these guys have family who want someone's autograph, and doing it right after the game is the most assured way of getting it. I wasn't paying attention because right after the game I was taking one of my finals. I hardly watch the pre and post game stuff.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm happy to say that we're an arm's reach away from being in Patrick Peterson range. We've got the 6th worst record tied with Zona.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:56 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Put me in the Nick Fairley camp. He'll do more for us than Peterson.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:08 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So a young guy living the dream got an autograph. 8 years ago Choice probably never thought he would be in that position. Heck, maybe 3 years ago. If he laid down during the season, got trampled on, and then asked for an autograph it would be a different story. But Choice gives everything he has. Let him get an autograph.

If everyone else gave their all every week we would be talking about the playoffs right now. Not the draft.

This is not a story, except for writers that need something to talk about during the week.

I can think of several other players I would attack for their play this year before I get to Choice.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:17 AM    (permalink
baghdadbob
Rookie

baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Didn't Quincy Carter get Donovan McNabb's autograph after the game once?.........f.
And we see how well that ended.
baghdadbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:06 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
I like Fairley, but no way he helps up more than Peterson would.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:20 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm happy to say that we're an arm's reach away from being in Patrick Peterson range. We've got the 6th worst record tied with Zona.
Yep. Only bad thing is we have Arizona and Washington left. If we win those 2 and a few teams lose out from here were probably around 12-14 range.

Quote:
Old 12-15-2010, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
I don't know if I would go that far, but I do like Fairley. If we were able to land Fairley or Peterson, I would be thrilled.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:31 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Yep. Only bad thing is we have Arizona and Washington left. If we win those 2 and a few teams lose out from here were probably around 12-14 range.
1 game at a time. This week we just have to focus on losing to Washington, lol.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:55 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

In all seriousness, the smartest thing Jerry could do right now is just hand Garrett the job. We all know he's going to get it anyway, why not just make it official now. The pros: it would give Garrett the comfort in being able to put some younger guys in there he isn't putting in now for the sake for trying to win the job. It's the best move right now for this team. Going into these last 3 games with the same mentality does not benefit us at all. We already saw the change in this team over a 5 game span, that should be enough. I think you also have to consider the draft pick you will get from finishing 4-12 opposed to 7-9. The difference is from picking around 4 overall to 13 overall, do you really want to sacrifice 10 spots in this draft and the chance to evaluate your young players for the sake of meaningless wins? I hope we are not that stupid.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 12-15-2010 at 01:07 PM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

You guys should be able to beat Arizona and Washington both, handily.

Arizona is starting a rookie QB and Washington is just completely inept at this point.

I think the Cowboys will finish with a 6-10 record. Maybe even 7-9 if the Eagles don't show up for the last game of the season.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
With strength of schedule playing such a huge role as the tiebreaker we would have to lose out and have teams below us win to have a shot at PP. As of now we have the 7th ranked SoS (only the Vikings and Browns have a tougher one in our drafting area) so tying anyone = us falling down in draft position.

Quote:
These are the rules for determining the draft order for the 2011 draft:

1. Teams that make the playoffs receive the last 12 draft picks from position 21-32, ordered by which round of the playoffs they were eliminated.
2. Teams that didn't make the playoffs are ordered by their regular season W/L record.
3. The tiebreaker for teams with identical records is the Strength of Schedule. For the draft order, the lower SOS results in an earlier pick.
4. If the SOS does not resolve a tie, a division or conference tiebreaker is used. If that fails as well, draft order is determined by a coin toss during the combine.
Our schedule screwed us twice it seems...

As mentioned above I think 6-10 is most likely considering the way the Skins are falling apart and the fact we play the Cardinals. Revenge game with Philly? Can't imagine we don't take it to the wire.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:14 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be honest I'm more worried about what's going to happen with picks 2-5. Now I'm not thinking that they should try and find an immediate starter with a 4th rounder, but they can find some quality talent to groom into contributors in the coming years in those rounds.

I'm pretty certain that they'll hit on a good defensive player in the first round. There is a good amount of talent that fits their needs, and I certainly wouldn't mind getting one of four guys. The only thing to worry about is the potential of a lockout keeping underclassmen in school. The date to declare is in January, but if a lockout happens we not know until March. Some guys might not want to end up in a bad situation, so they might stay in school for security.

Old 12-15-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

My bad, I didn't mean fairley would help us more. I just think it's the better choice. Look at what Suh is doing in detroit. Now I know fairley isn't quite on that level, but he's close. I don't think corner will have as much of an IMPACT as a dominant D-lineman. If we could get another player to get pressure consistantly on passing downs besides ware and ratliff, and if you want to include spencer, it would do wonders.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

I really like Fairley too. When is the last time that the team had a dominant D-line? They really haven't had one since the switch to the 3-4. With Fairley you could have that whether they stay in the 3-4 or switch back to a 4-3. To me it would be more about the coordinator mixing up the front seven a bit to throw other teams off.

Old 12-15-2010, 08:42 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We placed Oggs on injured reserve. Hurd's #3 here on out.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:27 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Fairley also. I would love to draft him. But I would disagree that he is close to Suh. I thought Suh was special. I think Fairley is really good.

Also, I have to agree that giving Garrettop the job now is the way to go. I would agree that he will get it anyway. I would like to see who can play and who can't as far as the young guys are concerned.

Strangely, I still think this team is loaded-talent wise. I know many of you feel like the talent level is lower than what we thought before the season started. I couldn't disagree more. Get these guys motivated to play, have a healthy Romo and good play calling and I still believe this is a really good football team.

I don't think Peterson will be available anywhere near where we will be drafting. I would not be surprised to see him be gone really early. And I am talking in the 2-4 range. I know he is a cornerback, but his physical skillset is off the charts and he puts it together on the field.

I also have a question I would love for someone to answer. On the local talk-radio stations they always mention how Jerry loves to draft Arkansas players. And to a fault. I am curious what they are talking about. Felix was not taken to high. But on top of that, he is the only Arkansas guy I can remember them taking anywhere near the top of the draft. Can anyone on here give some prospective on what they are talking about?

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 06:04 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

What worries me about this draft is that it's so important to our team success for next season, unlike before. We need to come away with 3-4 starters out of this draft minimum or we will be in trouble. We need another starting CB, DE, two Safeties, and 3-4 spots on the offensive line. No way we fill all those needs in an off-season, but it just goes to show if our draft is crap were in big trouble.

Quote:
Old 12-16-2010, 01:13 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

I don't think a bad draft next year leads to trouble immediately, but it will come back to bite them in the ass in the next three years. Right now they have enough talent to be competitive. Romo throwing to Miles, Witten, and Dez is going to keep them in many games, and Felix and Choice can be great if they get them the ball more. The offense has a ton of weapons to keep things interesting for another year or two, but the holes will eventually become too unbearable.

I think 3-4 immediate starters is a little too much from one draft, but they need guys that are going to contribute right away. Maybe one or two starters and two to three rotational guys. Of course, they could strike gold like they did on 05.

Old 12-17-2010, 01:07 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I don't think a bad draft next year leads to trouble immediately, but it will come back to bite them in the ass in the next three years. Right now they have enough talent to be competitive. Romo throwing to Miles, Witten, and Dez is going to keep them in many games, and Felix and Choice can be great if they get them the ball more. The offense has a ton of weapons to keep things interesting for another year or two, but the holes will eventually become too unbearable.

I think 3-4 immediate starters is a little too much from one draft, but they need guys that are going to contribute right away. Maybe one or two starters and two to three rotational guys. Of course, they could strike gold like they did on 05.
The higher you are picking in each round helps... just like '05.