Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-19-2010, 02:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly doubt Roy will be cut next year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:26 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
You're probably right, thinking about it, cutting Roy would subject Jerrah to quite a bit of bad press.

Ugh... how is this game now a one score game? Forget about Hurd, at least he's servicable, Alan Ball is atrocious.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:26 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Pasqualoni is retained, I'm going to flip ****. Granted, the defensive talent isnt amazing, but our defense still looks really ****** with him at the healm. We give up so many points.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-19-2010, 02:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

God...we're really, really bad.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-19-2010, 02:41 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think anyone is really bashing Hurd but he's replaceable, just a solid JAG type of player you can find. I disagree he's every bit the WR James Jones or Jason Avant are. James Jones has had some HUGE games as a #2 WR and he's played well enough to show he needs to get more playing time. Jason Avant is about to have 700 yards receiving this season.

I love Sam Hurd, but he is what he is. Remember when we were playing Austin in spot duty a ton? He was returning Kickoffs for TD's and the Green Bay game 2 years ago where he only had a few catches but he had that long TD that broke the game open.

Those are catches that you want to see a guy make to show you something, that he's worth keeping. If you think he's good enough to start for another team then he's got to make those catches.

I agree as a 4th/5th guy very valuable, he wants to play somewhere and deserves his ****. But he's not anyone you need to be having starting right now, and for as long as he's been in the league he would have proven it up to this point. And this is coming from a guy who was on the "Hurd breakout train" before Austin.

See what Anthony Armstrong has done this season for Washington? Those are live bullets, we can't keep talking about what Hurd "can" do when he's never done it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:53 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hurd just made a big time catch......jesus this game shouldn't be tied right now.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 03:21 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice win, D sucked in 2nd half but made a couple of nice stops at the end.

Wow, what a Eagles/Giants game. That poor punter, he's out of a job.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Dodge has been ******* up all year. Gotta dust off Feagles.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-19-2010, 04:13 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With a secondary this bad I'd have to think Campo would be gone this year also. On another note Georgia Bulldogs DC Todd Grantham might be the guy they look at bringing back this year. He did a lot with that georgia defense. He's my favorite for the job right now...but who knows.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:26 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Called Grossman going off... I'll take the plus rep now..

But in all seriously, Mike Jenkins looks better. That play absolutely mirrored roydell williams and ran the route better than he did, atleast we know he still has it.

Other than than though, the defense is awful. Where is this pass rush? Besides D-Ware's 2 sacks and the last 2 sacks in the end by butler and scandrick, Grossman couldve taken a nap in the pocket.

I seriously want Fairley unless PP is there. This d-line needs a push. The secondary can't over all day on every play.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:53 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

Why doesn't Butler play more? He seems to be a pretty good pass rusher, and Lord knows we need guys who can get to the QB. I think I've read on here before that he's lousy against the run, which would make sense, just wondering if he's like Choice, or if there are legit reasons he's not getting a ton of snaps.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing I've noticed over the past few weeks is that Scandrick is playing well again. He looked like a lost cause early in the year, but ever since the coaching change he's played better than Newman and Jenkins. I'm still in favor of drafting a corner early(Prince is my top guy), but he still holds some value here. The big issue is that the corners need to be consistent all season long. First Newman was playing like his old self while Scandrick and Jenkins weren't doing well. Then Jenkins started showing up more while Newman was slipping and Scandrick was sub par. Now Scandrick is playing well while the other two aren't so hot. If they could just play high all year long the secondary could be much better. Of course there is the atrocious safety play hurting them overall. Alan Ball is so damn worthless that it brings everyone's play down.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:59 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Scandrick has def. been better...and he's always showed a great ability to blitz, even when he couldnt cover John Madden in the slot. Nice to see him finishing the year strong...I'm still far from sold, however. He still has been complete **** for the majority of the year. But yeah, it's easy to see that he's been playing real well these last few weeks.

As for Butler...He should be playing more. The guy simply makes plays when he's in there. I dont know what happened to Spencer in the course of a year, but he's really had a bad year. Butler should have been stealing some more snaps and Ware, could always use a rest on the other side as well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-19-2010, 05:15 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Called Grossman going off... I'll take the plus rep now..

But in all seriously, Mike Jenkins looks better. That play absolutely mirrored roydell williams and ran the route better than he did, atleast we know he still has it.

Other than than though, the defense is awful. Where is this pass rush? Besides D-Ware's 2 sacks and the last 2 sacks in the end by butler and scandrick, Grossman couldve taken a nap in the pocket.

I seriously want Fairley unless PP is there. This d-line needs a push. The secondary can't over all day on every play.
We won't have a shot at PP or Fairley with where we'll be picking.

We should seriously look at Quinn, he's a top 5 value that will slide. Spencer is not getting it done, Ware and Quinn would be a nightmare for teams.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 12-19-2010 at 05:24 PM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pissed about winning, but that's nothing new to you guys. I hope the joy of winning lasts more than a week for ya'll.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:09 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I'm pissed about winning, but that's nothing new to you guys. I hope the joy of winning lasts more than a week for ya'll.
It sucks more because of how we played. If we won convincingly and played well for 60 minutes then it would be more enjoyable, but once again we collapsed in the 2nd half against a team that was self destructing in their own right with Rex f'ing Grossman under center. I can't believe how bad our defense has become.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:12 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Ware and Witten each reach some impressive milestones today.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...y-hes-fas.html

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...hes-doubl.html
Old 12-19-2010, 10:14 PM    (permalink
baghdadbob
Rookie

baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.

Gotta root for AZ next week and pray we lose last 2.

If this plays out we may vault into top 5 -- win both 10-15.
baghdadbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:17 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh, I can't believe I wanted Shanny here. No clue what he's doing in Washington and judging by the job so far he would have had us worse off then Wade. Who woulda ever thought we would have been more excited about having Garrett over Shanny.

Quote:
Old 12-20-2010, 08:17 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Ugh, I can't believe I wanted Shanny here. No clue what he's doing in Washington and judging by the job so far he would have had us worse off then Wade. Who woulda ever thought we would have been more excited about having Garrett over Shanny.
I am not sure about Shanny but I am not thrilled with the idea of father son being on the same staff. Where does the line between HC-OC and father-son begin and end? I don't like that type of dynamic.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:56 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Yea...as the season has rolled on I'm starting to come to this conclusion as well.
I know that's not popular among the fanbase, but really...Hurd's average at best and probably gone, Ogletree hasn't lived up to his 2 game high last year, and there's really nobody further down the roster that's worthy of promoting. Anyone see what Amodela is doing in St. Louis?

Does anyone see a problem with Sam Hurd having more catches then Miles Austin?

Anyone? Or is that just me?

I know Witten was on a tear the whole game and got the majority of the looks. I might get flamed for this, but from the moment Tony Romo went down, Austin has been pretty mediocre, almost to the point that I was wanting to see Dez and Roy out there for a series or two in a couple of those games. Roy obviously got a TON of flack for not living up to his contract, but he's been the most consistent with his limited touches this year.

Is that an indictment on Kitna, Garrett, or Austin?

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 12-20-2010 at 08:59 AM.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

Ask the Lions if winning these games are important or not. I never believed in the whole "if you don't make the playoffs try for the #1 pick". You can't say you want to be competitive until late then lose. You can't just continue to lose these games and expect the team to learn how to win.

You have to want to win these games but while these are grown men, they need to learn HOW to win still. Close games, when you were up big and they came back to tie it, when you were down and came back to tie it, 2 min drills, that stuff sticks with the team and carries over.

Same with Detroit, they are finally learning how to actually "win" games now. Close games. Not just games they played good and lost at the end. Do you think it would help them more if they just went 1-15 for 6 seasons in a row and just expect them to jump to a playoff team who knows how to win tight games?

I want us to come into next season feeling like with Romo we have the confidence to go out and win any game since we did with Kitna. Plus, the draft has so many great players in it now. If you missed McFadden you can get Chris Johnson. If you miss Leodis McKelvin you get Brandon Flowers.

You just need to scout properly, I don't 100% trust ours but I do know that we can get an elite, all pro type of player in the top 20 no matter who we miss out on. 5 more picks won't replace what winning does for a team in the long run, and also me enjoying my Sundays :)

Quote:
Old 12-20-2010, 12:06 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Yea...as the season has rolled on I'm starting to come to this conclusion as well.
I know that's not popular among the fanbase, but really...Hurd's average at best and probably gone, Ogletree hasn't lived up to his 2 game high last year, and there's really nobody further down the roster that's worthy of promoting. Anyone see what Amodela is doing in St. Louis?

Does anyone see a problem with Sam Hurd having more catches then Miles Austin?

Anyone? Or is that just me?

I know Witten was on a tear the whole game and got the majority of the looks. I might get flamed for this, but from the moment Tony Romo went down, Austin has been pretty mediocre, almost to the point that I was wanting to see Dez and Roy out there for a series or two in a couple of those games. Roy obviously got a TON of flack for not living up to his contract, but he's been the most consistent with his limited touches this year.

Is that an indictment on Kitna, Garrett, or Austin?

Put me in the boat that if Roy doesn't take a pay cut he won't be back. We need WAY too much help on the O-line in FA if guys are there, cutting Roy gives us a big boost in cap space(not sure if we take a hit or penalty though). I think we'd rather just draft another late rounder, hope Ogletree takes a jump and save the money. He's just not even close to as good as his contract says.

Quote:
Old 12-20-2010, 12:21 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Let's hope he can restructure and wants to stay. Seeing the jump ball to sam hurd was laughable at best. Just Roy's body type is worthy of defensive schemes in the NFL. Roy gets released, and you're left with Dez and Ogletree if Austin gets hurt, or Austin and Ogletree if Dez gets hurt again. Does that scare anyone in the league? Especially with Austin being shut down when schemed against.

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 12-20-2010 at 12:28 PM.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:23 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Yea, I'm pretty tough on Roy but if he got paid closer to what he's good for I'd love him as a player. Thing is with Roy though, is he still always thinks he's the best WR on the team, he wants the ball alot, wants to be the go to guy etc. He's never said he's ok with being a role player and when you listen to him talk you know he isn't.

Dez is gonna break out next year and Austin will be better with Romo, throw in Witten and us running the ball more he only gets a few shots a game or a chance when an injury happens. He's gonna get pissed off with that.

Quote: