Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-26-2010, 08:26 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlopez1 View Post
Carolina 2-13 559 Franchise QB
Denver 4-11 507 I don't think they take the CB...they go DL
Cincy 4-11 570 WR, but to many inexp. WR on roster. DL possib
Buff 4-11 576 DL or LB....maybe WR...
Ariz 5-10 464 Not DB...LB or DE
SF 5-10 505 They need a QB....
Dallas 5-10 509 At least one of the Top CB we be on Board...
HOuston 5-10 527
Minn 5-10 545
Det 5-10 561
Cleveland 5-10 565

I think this is updated. I used ESPN Playoff page and am assuming MINN loses on Tuesday.

What do you guys think?
I think the wildcard in all of this is if Luck comes out or not. If he comes out then we get Peterson. If he stays then I will punt babies into a wood chipper.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 12-26-2010 at 08:36 PM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:32 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

King for Si just was quoted as saying he thinks Luck with stay for his Senior Year............

As long as we get a CB or a Safety I will be happy. The problem is that if we take the CB in round 1 we won't take a Safety in round 2 because that would kind of be waste of having two top picks.

I wouldn't mind a DL and than the Safety

I wouldn't mind the CB and than the OL
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Incogneetus69
Rookie

Incogneetus69 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Dallas loses
Buffalo beats Mark Brunells Jets
Cincy beats *Ravens #2 QB* lead Ravens
Cowboys pick #4

Amirite?
Incogneetus69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:58 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 1/2 Right

If and when Ariz and SF play one will still have a lower SOS. I don't think we can jump both of them.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Incogneetus69
Rookie

Incogneetus69 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

ari/SF play eachother. One goes ahead of us and one gets to 6 wins

1. Carolina
2. Denver
3. Ari/SF
4. Dallas
Incogneetus69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:14 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

Default U are rigt!!

That would be correct.....I guess u have more hope than I do in seeing those games turn out like that.

We can only hope for that.......................
Old 12-26-2010, 10:48 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

As it looks right now, we should be able to get our hands on either Prince or PP, knock on wood.

Now, let's hope jerry pick's them.

If Luck dominates in his bowl game, I don't see why he doesn't come out. He will be #1 overall, top 3 at worst if carolina believes in jimmy clausen.

No point in staying, plus harbaugh could be leaving.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I'm a Happy Camper. :)

Loved the loss on Christmas Day, but the fact that some crappy teams won today makes the loss even better! Woo hoo!!!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:57 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

Default Just for fun

Pick a combination of two players u would be happy with the Cowboys drafting.

1. Patrick Peterson
2. Nate Solder
Old 12-27-2010, 02:50 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
C'mon, man, are you really making this argument?

If Dallas wins the Super Bowl, which I cannot even fathom but let's just roll with it, then it will not be BECAUSE of Wade. It will be IN SPITE of Wade. He is a coach who has consistently put a team on the field that plays with a lack of heart, a lack of intensity, a lack of discipline and a lack of intelligence. They will often have one or two of the four, but have never had all 4 at the same time in his entire tenure. Even now, with this team playing as well as its played this entire decade, you have seen blown coverages on a regular basis. For as much as Thumper and Superman (wtfever his handle was) were laughed at, they had a point. In that last regular season game we had regular breakdowns in coverage over the middle. Its a CHRONIC issue with this team, and nothing has ever been done about it. The entire middle of our defense is like a soft Jello pudding pop in coverage. We constantly shoot ourselves in the foot with procedure penalties. We get beaten IN AREAS OF STRENGTH. Going into a game you often find yourself thinking that there is no way X will happen because we are so good, and then there you see X happening all through the game.

Its like a crazy person is running our team. We have nothing bankable that we can ride when things get tough. Mostly, its just painfully obvious that something is missing. Call it "toughness", "heart", "discipline" whatever you want to, SOMETHING isn't there that needs to be, and its a regular thing.

So lets say we win it all.

Now Wade deserves carte blanche? Now all the ineptitude, incompetence and lack of general sharpness in execution and preparation is suddenly OK? **** no. Not by me its not. And then, after a particularly egregious mistake by one of our coddled players, the camera cuts to Wade and there he is like a psych patient in the cafeteria wondering where his jelly filled donut went with a look of utmost confusion. I can't take it.

If we win it, it will be the result of things coming together at the best possible time and our team taking advantage. Much like the 07 Giants, who weren't even a top 10 team that year, let alone the best, or the 05 Steelers or 01 Pats. I don't want to spend the next three years after this wading through crap to pay for one SB win. I want to build a team that, going into every season, is a team that everyone says "if we want to win the SB, we're going to have to go through them." Winning a SB in a year like that is when the SB really means something. These teams this decade, the Giants, the Steelers, the Cards (NFC wise) and such, they can't look back and say "everyone was gunning for us and we rebuffed every challenger." No, they sneaked in the back door and their story is one of the underdog getting a few breaks and persevering to eek it out. I don't want that. It's not satisfying. Because you have the moment and its gone. You can't say you were the best team that year, because its not true. The Giants were a pincushion for much of 2007. They were beaten up and beaten down, at times by teams who weren't even good themselves. So they got hot in the playoffs, big whup.

I want to be able to look back on a season like I look back on 1993. Every team was gunning for us, the whole effing league hated us and yet they couldn't do a damn. thing. about. it. They were defenseless against our superiority. That's the type of year I want. I want the regular season crown and the playoff crown. Only by doing that can you truly say you were the greatest NFL team in the world at that point in time. The rest is just a function of Right Place, Right Time syndrome.

That will not happen under Wade. There is no question in my mind. This team has good enough players that, with the proper leadership and direction, they could be there as soon as next year. We have a special opportunity right in front of us, but Wade has to go for us to get there.

The alternative? "Pretty good"

I guess you have to ask yourself if that's good enough.
Not sure if anyone has pointed this out, but all your posts IMMEDIATElY after beating Philly last year were right on the money.

This was my personal favorite: "And just an FYI, I waited 2 1/2 years before making the call on Wade Phillips, even though I hated the hire the moment it came down. I was patient and optimistic. I took a lot of convincing. But once I'm there, a little perfume sprinkled on the pig isn't going to take the stink out of my nostrils."

I'm coming back to hit you up for my fantasy football draft next year...
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:00 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
As it looks right now, we should be able to get our hands on either Prince or PP, knock on wood.

Now, let's hope jerry pick's them.

If Luck dominates in his bowl game, I don't see why he doesn't come out. He will be #1 overall, top 3 at worst if carolina believes in jimmy clausen.

No point in staying, plus harbaugh could be leaving.
I'm not big on Prince, to me he doesn't warrant a top 10 pick. If we can't get Peterson then I'm fully committed to Quinn. I've never been a believer in Spencer, he's an average to below average player. Spencer cannot beat 1 on 1 blocks, and it has greatly minimized our pass rush. We were a much better pass rushing team when Ellis was playing opposite Ware because he could actually get to the QB.

Even if we picked Quinn over Peterson I would be a little shocked, but would understand why. Quinn immediately makes your pass defense better and just think of how many more 1on1 opportunites Ware would get with that type of threat opposite him, and then all of a sudden Jay Ratliff becomes relevent again.

Bottom line, if we're using our 1st rounder to improve the front 7, then Quinn is your man. Plus, there are some good safeties that will be available when we pick in round 2. Maybe we can land a pair of TarHeels in the first 2 rounds.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:38 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
I'm not big on Prince, to me he doesn't warrant a top 10 pick. If we can't get Peterson then I'm fully committed to Quinn. I've never been a believer in Spencer, he's an average to below average player. Spencer cannot beat 1 on 1 blocks, and it has greatly minimized our pass rush. We were a much better pass rushing team when Ellis was playing opposite Ware because he could actually get to the QB.

Even if we picked Quinn over Peterson I would be a little shocked, but would understand why. Quinn immediately makes your pass defense better and just think of how many more 1on1 opportunites Ware would get with that type of threat opposite him, and then all of a sudden Jay Ratliff becomes relevent again.

Bottom line, if we're using our 1st rounder to improve the front 7, then Quinn is your man. Plus, there are some good safeties that will be available when we pick in round 2. Maybe we can land a pair of TarHeels in the first 2 rounds.
No, if the pick is addressing our front 7 i'm taking nick fairley.

And you don't like Prince? He looks like the next Revis. He's a top 10 prospect, with elite skills, and he works hard and doesn't have an attitude.

Peterson way have a bit, a very little bit, more athletiscism but i'll jizz in my pants if we can get either.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:13 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
No, if the pick is addressing our front 7 i'm taking nick fairley.

And you don't like Prince? He looks like the next Revis. He's a top 10 prospect, with elite skills, and he works hard and doesn't have an attitude.

Peterson way have a bit, a very little bit, more athletiscism but i'll jizz in my pants if we can get either.
Why do you rule out Quinn? I would label Spencer a bust at this point and his inability to consistently rush the passer is really hurting us. He doesn't make any plays. Pass rusher > 5 Tech in the top 10.

And for Prince I just don't see how he's the next Revis, he struggled in both the Big 12 Championship and Oklahoma St. game. He doesn't create enough turnovers which is something that our next DB must bring to the table.

Also, I have every intention of Peterson playing FS for us, not CB. I'm not ready to give up on Jenkins or Scandrick yet, let those guys play with some adequete safeties behind them and watch Jenkins get back to his in-your-face style of play. Scandrick is still servicable and has played much better down the stretch. CB is probably our 4th or 5th need.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:58 PM    (permalink
romo4prez415
Rookie

romo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I still have Prince over Peterson. The only way IMO you can have Peterson as a corner over Prince is if you are a press man coverage team. But if you are a team that plays off man, zone, press so a variety of coverages you have to have Prince higher. He's more technically sound, quicker, and more fluid in addition to being a hard worker a person of good character. Those hips of Peterson cause him to struggle against quicker WR's. I still believe as a corner I'd rather even have Janoris Jenkins. As a safety he's a top 5 player in this draft. Not a big Robert Quinn fan to be honest. Doesnt jump out to me as an elite 3-4OLB prospect.
romo4prez415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 06:28 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to Jason LaCanfora, if Jeff Fisher loses his job in Tennessee Jerry Jones would really think hard about signing him. He said that Jerry liked Garrett's job so far, but that Fisher is closer and might be the choice for Jerry. Personally I'd love to have Fisher over Garrett. He's got the experience, and he comes from a great defensive background. I think he'd be great here.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 07:07 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
According to Jason LaCanfora, if Jeff Fisher loses his job in Tennessee Jerry Jones would really think hard about signing him. He said that Jerry liked Garrett's job so far, but that Fisher is closer and might be the choice for Jerry. Personally I'd love to have Fisher over Garrett. He's got the experience, and he comes from a great defensive background. I think he'd be great here.
Not a fan! What has Fisher done? 1 SB Loss in how many years? He is overrated IMO. I still want Gruden, but thats just me.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:08 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fisher and Garrett top my list. I love how physical Fishers' defense are consistently. That's a team thing, he drafts well(from what I can remember), and his teams are consistently in the running in a tough division, with either a young QB in Young or over the hill QB in Collins.

I want Garrett, but...I would not be mad with Fisher.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:27 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

The vikings with 6 wins helps, but now the eagles have nothing to play for..

Damnit!
Old 12-28-2010, 10:38 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The vikings with 6 wins helps, but now the eagles have nothing to play for..

Damnit!
Also helps our SOS because we play Philly twice, it's pretty tight with picks 3-6 up for grabs heading into next week.

And it's Dallas-Philly you're crazy if you think both teams won't bring their A games!
Old 12-28-2010, 10:53 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Also helps our SOS because we play Philly twice, it's pretty tight with picks 3-6 up for grabs heading into next week.

And it's Dallas-Philly you're crazy if you think both teams won't bring their A games!
Vick looked really banged up. We may see Kolb next week.

By the way, I have argued against those who would have liked the team to tank the 2nd half of the year to get a high pick, and I stand by that argument. However, the price of winning this week's game, which could be us falling to 13-14 range is way too steep. First and hopefully last time I will be cheering for the Eagles this week.

Last edited by dsc1600 : 12-28-2010 at 11:04 PM.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:12 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Not a fan! What has Fisher done? 1 SB Loss in how many years? He is overrated IMO. I still want Gruden, but thats just me.
Fisher has always had the Titans as a contender among some serious powerhouse teams in the AFC like the Patriots, Colts, and Steelers. Sure, his teams have had some down years, but many times the Titans were serious competitors. What slowed him down was injuries and trying to build a young QB. Losing McNair really hurt them, but I don't think that Jerry would leave him hanging if Romo were to go down.

Besides, there is a serious amount of young talent on offense that would keep them from collapsing for a while. Dez is going to be elite, Miles is great with Romo, Witten is as reliable as they come, and both Felix and Choice are a good tandem. The offense is set for him besides an O-line. He really just needs to focus on getting the D better, and he could make them great again without having to slow them down.

Gruden on the other hand isn't too bad, but he worries me more than Fisher does because he really fell off in Tampa after the super bowl. He didn't build the offense like he should have, and he play musical chairs at quarterback way too much. He wasn't great at drafting like Fisher was, and that's a concern for me. I wouldn't mind him because he looked like he'd be a Hall of Famer early in his career with the Raiders to the Bucs, but he didn't really break through like I thought he would have. Maybe if they could get Holmgren away from Cleveland to be GM with Gruden I'd really get behind him, but we all know that won't happen. Now if Gruden was coach and he hired a defensive great like Rob Ryan, then he'd probably have a really great start.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:37 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Philly radio is already saying Reid has decided to rest the starters next week. Kind of ticks me off. If we are going to win I want it to mean something especially at the cost of what could be 8 draft spots. Now we may win a meaningless game for both teams and find ourselves sitting around the 12 or 13 spot come April.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:32 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

I'm so pissed. Kolb is capable of beating us though.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:45 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Here's the full game of the LSU-Alabama game, in case anyone wanted to review the Peterson-Jones matchup.

http://www.lsusports.net/mediaPortal...dbml?id=732501
Old 12-29-2010, 12:05 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

I'm so pissed right now. If we win this game and end up around pick 12... i'll probably shoot a baby.