Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-28-2006, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor03
For those of you that think Romo is the heir apparent to Staubch and Aikman you are wrong.

In his first five starts, Romo connected on 10 touchdowns, had two interceptions and was sacked just six times. In his last four games, he has thrown just four touchdowns with seven interceptions, and as mobile as he is, he's been sacked nine times.

Its because teams have now figured this guy out by watching enough tape.

He is a very pedestrian QB folks, just look at his mechanics, his feet and release. He is a gunslinger throwing into double coverage all the time, this guy is NOT a "Franchise" QB. Yes he is much better with our horrid line than Bledsoe but if you think this guy is the one to lead us for the next 12 years you are very wrong. This team still needs a QB with the complete package. I hope they find a way to get a future leader in the draft, like trading for the #1 pick even if it means giving up the next two years and starting over. This team has no chance with the current coach, or that sorry 3-4 defense. Lets start over and build this thing right not spend the next 3 years going 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 one and done.....year after year.
God we're so terrible... I hope we get Brady Quinn with the #1 overall pick we're getting...

Wait a sec... Playoffs?

BTW, Parcells has won the SB in the 4th year with every team he has been with.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:07 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A couple of points I would like to make

- Switching to a 4-3 defense makes this defense worse. Your LBs are big strong LBs built for the 3-4, you can't just switch over to the 4-3 and not get torched. Your LBs are too slow for the 4-3, and your DEs (Ware and Spears) are not built to be 4-3 DEs

- The 3-4 is fine, you just need your guys to develop quicker, better Safety play, and a DC who can get more out of them with playcalling. BP is too occupied to take over playcalling duties on defense, so I guess the only logical solution is a new DC who is experienced in the 3-4.

- Newman pretty much called out TO and Roy Williams. And he has every right to. For all the talk, TO is dropping some key balls, and Roy loves talking about how he hits people, but forgets that he can't cover a ham sandwich or tackle properly, so he needs to shut up too.

- Im surprised how the team is in so much turmoil when youre still in the playoffs. It was a demoralizing loss yes, but I don't understand the anarchy. JJ didn't make things any easier opening his idiotic botox mouth either. Thats the last thing you guys needed.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense

- Switching to a 4-3 defense makes this defense worse. Your LBs are big strong LBs built for the 3-4, you can't just switch over to the 4-3 and not get torched. Your LBs are too slow for the 4-3, and your DEs (Ware and Spears) are not built to be 4-3 DEs

- The 3-4 is fine, you just need your guys to develop quicker, better Safety play, and a DC who can get more out of them with playcalling. BP is too occupied to take over playcalling duties on defense, so I guess the only logical solution is a new DC who is experienced in the 3-4.

- Newman pretty much called out TO and Roy Williams. And he has every right to. For all the talk, TO is dropping some key balls, and Roy loves talking about how he hits people, but forgets that he can't cover a ham sandwich or tackle properly, so he needs to shut up too.

- Im surprised how the team is in so much turmoil when youre still in the playoffs. It was a demoralizing loss yes, but I don't understand the anarchy. JJ didn't make things any easier opening his idiotic botox mouth either. Thats the last thing you guys needed.
I agree 100% with all you said, but the turmoil has even extended to the fans on the site here and the media. I mean, some people want us to START ALL OVER AGAIN! It's a little ridiculous when we probably are going to play a very average Seattle team in the 1st round. I really think that this team still has a chance to get hot in the playoffs with all their talent and some creative scheming.

The situation isn't that bad. I think that people are starting to focus too much on a difficult matchup with Philly that entirely plays against our strengths. Think about it:

1. Philly has a huge offensive line, which overwhelmed our 3-4 in the run game and really ate up our blitzes.
2. Philly brings exotic blitzes and overloads at the line of scrimmage, allowing for continuous pressure on Romo which contributed to him never getting settled in the pocket.
3. West Coast style offense murders the 3-4 ILBs.
4. CBs in Sheppard and Brown allow them to play man-to-man, opening up blitz possibilities.
5. Garcia's mobility...
Old 12-28-2006, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

Very good points. I guess it's the nature of the beast, or the nature of the Dallas Cowboy fan. I cannot stress enough the importance of bringing someone in here who is schooled in the 3-4. We are wasting our talent.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Question:

Who are some 3-4 guys that we might wanna bring in?
Old 12-28-2006, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble
Question:

Good question. I'm not sure who will be available. My dream would be Cowher leaving this year, and us getting Dick LeBeau. I guess that's possible. I don't believe the Steelers would be interested in hiring LeBeau as head coach.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Old 12-28-2006, 12:36 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet3334
Quote:
Question:

Good question. I'm not sure who will be available. My dream would be Cowher leaving this year, and us getting Dick LeBeau. I guess that's possible. I don't believe the Steelers would be interested in hiring LeBeau as head coach.
I was actually thinking about LeBeau myself. He'd be an ideal candidate for the defensive coordinator position. Also, keep in mind that Romeo Crennel might get canned this year as well. And he has a past with BP.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod
Quote:
Quote:
Question:

I was actually thinking about LeBeau myself. He'd be an ideal candidate for the defensive coordinator position. Also, keep in mind that Romeo Crennel might get canned this year as well. And he has a past with BP.
Good call

Albert Camus
Old 12-28-2006, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

What's everyone's take On BP's press conference yesterday? He said he's going to do something about the lack of pressure. What do you think it'll be? Maybe a little 4-3?

Albert Camus
Old 12-28-2006, 01:46 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCowboysFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
The folks arguing 3-4 versus 4-3 and getting all excited about it with the SAME EXACT PLAYERS playing more or less the same positions .... Ug.

So it is good T New said their are a lot of players talking that are getting abused on the field?

You think this good news? Wow, you sound like a therapist raving over breakthroughs on the couch.

I would venture T New is talking about a few of his friends on D as well as TO.
Um excuse me....there is a difference in 3 lineman or 4. Big one. The Cowboys are struggling stopping the run because they are not getting a push from the D-Line, having an extra lineman would help that cause, and Ware is a natural DE anyways.
So same players, same place on field with different titles is important? Wow.

We already play a modified 4 3 on long dowms so ....

This is a uninteresting discussion,
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCowboysFan
Quote:
The folks arguing 3-4 versus 4-3 and getting all excited about it with the SAME EXACT PLAYERS playing more or less the same positions .... Ug.

So it is good T New said their are a lot of players talking that are getting abused on the field?

You think this good news? Wow, you sound like a therapist raving over breakthroughs on the couch.

I would venture T New is talking about a few of his friends on D as well as TO.
Um excuse me....there is a difference in 3 lineman or 4. Big one. The Cowboys are struggling stopping the run because they are not getting a push from the D-Line, having an extra lineman would help that cause, and Ware is a natural DE anyways.
So same players, same place on field with different titles is important? Wow.

We already play a modified 4 3 on long dowms so ....

This is a uninteresting discussion,
No we don't. There is a big difference in having 2 linebackers on the field instead of 3. We play a 4-2-5.

Albert Camus
Old 12-28-2006, 03:50 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't forget about a guy who is really putting in his work down in San Fransico. I don't know how many of you were around about 3 months ago...but Mike Singletary was another name who just makes a lot of sense for us. However he doesn't have the Parcells ties so IDK.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Don't forget about a guy who is really putting in his work down in San Fransico. I don't know how many of you were around about 3 months ago...but Mike Singletary was another name who just makes a lot of sense for us. However he doesn't have the Parcells ties so IDK.
I'd love to have Singletary here. Would San Francisco let him leave though?

Albert Camus
Old 12-28-2006, 04:05 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
I'd love to have Singletary here. Would San Francisco let him leave though?
I don't believe his contract is up this year...if I'm not mistaken he's signed for another year...but I was talking about a Parcells type successor.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 04:58 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I haven't been posting in - or even reading - this forum with a the negativity and spewage. Times like this are probably the most difficult in professional sports. You have a blue print, you pursue it, and spend years of development, resources, draft picks, signings etc to fill out all the needs of your plan. You attain enough of the materials that you need to fill it out, you assemble it and throw it out there......and it stumbles. The problems we are having now are not a matter of not having the pieces, or lacking in talent, or even injury. It's just plain not working.

That is very dangerous ground to be on if you are building a team, because you have to choose between giving up on something that you have spent so much time putting together, or keeping at it and risk "throwing good money after bad money". What is to be done? Is it coaching? Possibly. Is it scheme? Maybe. Is it intangibles? Who the **** knows.

The point is that right now for us to be suggesting all these wild scenarios, or even presuming to think that we have answers, is pointless and stupid. There is no way you can say that it's the D coordinator's fault, because you don't know what he does, how much influence he has, or whether it's the scheme that is at fault in the first place. We simply don't know.

I'll tell you what, though. This team reminds me, in two differing respects, of both the 04 Seahawks and the 05 Panthers.

First of all, the Seahawks were a team that was a "sleeper" Super Bowl pick by many going into that season. They had a great O-line, a very good RB, and a blossoming star QB, with some very solid talent in the passing game. They had spent lots of FA $$ on their defense, as well as obtaining some good young players. They seemed to have everything in place to take a place among the contenders in the league. So what happened? They went 9-7, with some truly painful losses along the way, and end up losing to 8-8 St. Louis at home in the first round of the playoffs. People were saying that they didn't have this, that or the other. That they couldn't win under pressure, that they didn't have a killer instinct, or that Mike Holmgren just didn't have the mojo anymore.

The next year, everyone looked back on how they finished the season and either wrote them off, or had them as a "nice team that won't ultimately contend". What happens? They dominate for much of the year, and run away with the conference on their way to the SB. Everything just seemed to finally come together, they clicked, and BAM, they started to play up to their potential.

The 05 Panthers, on the other hand, started out fairly slow, with bad losses to the horrid Saints and Dolphins in the first 3 weeks of the year, before hitting a very nice mid-stretch run where they won a bunch of games in a row, before having a mini breakdown at the end, getting shutdown by the Bears at home, before looking just horrible in home losses to : your very own Dallas Cowboys, and the division deciding game against the Tampa Bay Bucs. So, they end the season with a blowout win vs a bad team in a slump, go into the playoffs as the 5 seed, and everything starts to click en-route to a NFC Championship appearance that many predicted them to win based upon the dominance of their 2 previous games.

Does any of that sound familiar?

That may not be what ultimately happens here, but the parallels are pretty spooky.

How do we fix what's ailing us? First, we need to know what that is. And it isn't talent, because the players we have are capable of playing at a level commensurate with the best teams in the NFL. Mental mistakes have plagued us miserably in the last month, after 2/3 a season of sharp play in that area.

Maybe we're worn out. Maybe we're weak mentally. None here know.

All I know is that Bill Parcells has my trust, and that there isn't a single person in the NFL right now that I would rather have working on the problem. So, maybe we come out next year like gang-busters. Maybe it all falls apart. I don't know, but I am going to practice some educated forbearance, until this team show me, without a shadow of a doubt, that it does not have what it takes to compete for a championship in the NFL. If anyone else wants my advice on the subject, that would be it.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 05:06 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anybody see this...what do you think

We're hearing rumblings about a pretty significant scheme change on defense. Bill has no interest in providing details, but after talking to a couple of players in the locker room today, it wouldn't surprise me to see the return of the 4-3 on Sunday. Look for a defensive line that includes DeMarcus Ware, Marcus Spears, Jason Ferguson and Jason Hatcher. The linebackers would be Bob Carpenter, Bradie James and Akin Ayodele.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Location: Springfield, OH: Most Depressing City in the Country. Look it up
Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces

We're hearing rumblings about a pretty significant scheme change on defense. Bill has no interest in providing details, but after talking to a couple of players in the locker room today, it wouldn't surprise me to see the return of the 4-3 on Sunday. Look for a defensive line that includes DeMarcus Ware, Marcus Spears, Jason Ferguson and Jason Hatcher. The linebackers would be Bob Carpenter, Bradie James and Akin Ayodele.
I don't see BP doing that, I think he is going to keep the 3-4 and can Zimmer at the end of the year, I think Zimmer is a great coach but he is not a 3-4 kind of guy.

Of course this game really doesn't mean much unless we lose and philly loses then we look terrible, he may do what he did when we start at the 3-4 and rotate back and forth between the 2 but we dont have th players for the 4-3 we have the 3-4 players.

Also in case this was missed Detriot is playing for the #1 pick this week, if they loose they get #1 if they somehow win they get 2 unless Oakland also wins
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 05:36 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cowboys
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces

I don't see BP doing that, I think he is going to keep the 3-4 and can Zimmer at the end of the year, I think Zimmer is a great coach but he is not a 3-4 kind of guy.

Of course this game really doesn't mean much unless we lose and philly loses then we look terrible, he may do what he did when we start at the 3-4 and rotate back and forth between the 2 but we dont have th players for the 4-3 we have the 3-4 players.

Also in case this was missed Detriot is playing for the #1 pick this week, if they loose they get #1 if they somehow win they get 2 unless Oakland also wins
this wasnt an opinion this came from the dallas lockerroom so i think its going to happen, just a matter of how much.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 06:08 PM    (permalink
jetBLACK08

If we use a bit of 4-3, it doesnt mean that we are giving up on 3-4. Personally, I would like to mix it up a bit :twisted:
Old 12-28-2006, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Parcells said that it would be apparent when you watch the game. That tells me we'll see more 4-3 looks.

Albert Camus
Old 12-28-2006, 07:03 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lmao, that doesn't mean any such thing.

It could just as easily mean that he is going to start Hatcher instead of Spears, that he is going to start using Bobby as a DE in the nickel, or any number of things. We may see some more even fronts, but don't think that this means we're canning the scheme. Bill is a huge believer in 2-gap - but even more important - lane-based defensive principals. That is never going to change.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine
lmao, that doesn't mean any such thing.

It could just as easily mean that he is going to start Hatcher instead of Spears, that he is going to start using Bobby as a DE in the nickel, or any number of things. We may see some more even fronts, but don't think that this means we're canning the scheme. Bill is a huge believer in 2-gap - but even more important - lane-based defensive principals. That is never going to change.
http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives...rs_e.html#more

I don't know why you would be laughing.

Albert Camus
Old 12-28-2006, 11:02 PM    (permalink
dre1614
Rookie

dre1614 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

yeah but we cant be playing any worse on D. i think our last 4 games we are ranked 31st in the league.

i mean trying a 4-3 wont make us any worse, then we are now
dre1614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 04:58 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the idea of switching to the 4-3 for the game against Detroit.. We have no interest in this game, beacuse if Phialdelphia wins they win the division.. Anyway, i would prefer to go to Seattle than play at home against the Eagles..

So if the experiment doesn't work out we have nothing to loose..

The interesting things about this scheme is that we could see Bobby in his natural position of SLB, Ayodele WLB and Spears DT. The thing that concern me is the ability of Bradie to play MIKE..
Ware will rush the passer all day from this position and maybe Spears could play at his level in his natural position of DT..

If Bill will do that, that's a good choice. If it works out, we can play some 4-3 in the playoff (with other teams studying the 3-4 we've played for 2 years)..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 08:09 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano
I like the idea of switching to the 4-3 for the game against Detroit.. We have no interest in this game, beacuse if Phialdelphia wins they win the division.. Anyway, i would prefer to go to Seattle than play at home against the Eagles..

So if the experiment doesn't work out we have nothing to loose..

The interesting things about this scheme is that we could see Bobby in his natural position of SLB, Ayodele WLB and Spears DT. The thing that concern me is the ability of Bradie to play MIKE..
Ware will rush the passer all day from this position and maybe Spears could play at his level in his natural position of DT..

If Bill will do that, that's a good choice. If it works out, we can play some 4-3 in the playoff (with other teams studying the 3-4 we've played for 2 years)..
If we won the division, how would we be playing the Eagles? We'd be the #3 seed playing the #6 seed which would be one of those terrible 8-8 or 7-9 teams.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote