Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-02-2011, 11:05 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

He's the oppossite of a yes-man. Your just being foolish right now.

When we're in the playoffs next year, i'll appreciate much +rep.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:09 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
He's the oppossite of a yes-man. Your just being foolish right now.

When we're in the playoffs next year, i'll appreciate much +rep.
lol, time will tell but I highly doubt Jason Garrett is what we need. I will gladly admit I'm wrong if he gets us playing to our potential. I believe this is absolutely an above .500 team with Tony Romo.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:10 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

I want to lose today for sure though.

you agree?
Old 01-02-2011, 11:22 AM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

you agree?
Absolutely.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:28 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

you agree?
that's definitely one thing we can agree on!! lol

... I do want Ware to go off today though, he's only 1.5 sacks off from the sack leader Cam Wake.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:18 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

TheFinisher, what do you think about Rahim Moore?
Old 01-02-2011, 12:26 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats on Coach Garrett getting the job. I expected this. I know how tight old man Garrett is to Jones. They are both older guys so I expected that working relationship to carry over. But hopefully stuff works out now for me. But you guys got a great guy, good coach, and an excellent motivator.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:43 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
TheFinisher, what do you think about Rahim Moore?
I'm mixed on him. He put up outrageous numbers last year but has not come close to that this season. He has some nice ability as a ballhawk and centerfielder but I don't think he's physical enough for my liking. I think he'll struggle as a tackler in the NFL. I'd rather have Quinton Carter, Deunta Williams, or Kenny Tate.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think this is official. Unless I missed it somewhere...I heard Lombardi say that it is as good as done...but it's not like you've heard anything about a deal in place. If someone has an official link please inform me.

Also I think it is interesting to note that the sooner we hire our HC the better. We need to solidify our staff ASAP so that we get the pick of the liter for our DC position and other defensive/offensive coaches.

I'd like to see John Garrett assume the OC role unless something crazy like Cam Cameron gets the ax. On defense IDK who I want but Todd Grantham is about the only name that has even gotten a slight rise out of me.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dom Capers or Mike Nolan would be of interest to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

I have a feeling it's going to be Mike Zimmer
Old 01-02-2011, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Huge fan of Capers as a DC I hope we go that route. As far as on offense I wouldn't mind bringing someone with some clout in as a 'running game coordinator' and having him split playcalling duties with Garrett :P
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:34 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nah, no way I see Zimmer back here. That would be a horrible move and I'd be pissed.

Quote:
Old 01-02-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Nah, no way I see Zimmer back here. That would be a horrible move and I'd be pissed.
I'd hate it too but we can't rule that out, he's a Jerry guy.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:45 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Yea but I don't always think he's hired that way in the past. Wade wasn't a Jerry guy before he came here, he was a Jerry type of coach but they had no prior ties. I don't think he is only looking to hire coaches he's worked with and I think he's fully open to the idea of giving new guys a shot.

All that said if he were to go that route Capers has stronger ties to Jerry then Zimmer because Capers was nearly on our staff prior. I don't think he has intentions of switching up the scheme but I guess anything can happen. There are a bunch of 3-4 guys out there who would love to work with what we have.

It might look bad now, but Wade had this D playing at a top 5 level at different times and spurts and we still had bad Safety play then. 1 impact player in the top 10, and a deep center fielder that can make plays on bad throws, and were back in business.

Keeping the 3-4, getting fresh blood as a coordinator, then coming away with either Peterson or Dareus in the 1st, gives us plenty of talent to work with. Only way I would have been open to a switch is if the HC was bringing it in with him(ie Jeff Fisher).

Quote:
Old 01-02-2011, 04:00 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd expect Jason to promote his brother. Get him on the NFL fast track cycle, and give him exposure. Jason is a good hire because if anything he disagrees with Jerry on things or has an opinion, Jerry will think twice based on the relationship he has with the family. I am interested in seeing how he does for you guys.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:16 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Well guys, we get a great look at Stephen McGee here. I've always liked the guy, felt MOTH was a bit too hard on him in the pre-season but he looked good last week and he has some tools to work with. Do I want to rely on him to be a future starter? Hell no. But we took him in the 4th to develop him and he's developed up to this point, how much is the question.

Hopefully he can continue to get better then in 2-3 years see what we have, but it's not like he is gonna be expected to start for us until 3 years at minimum.

Also Banning your probably right, I should expect his brother to get promoted, I just wouldn't know how to feel since I don't even know what type of job he'd do. It's not always about a flashy name that common fans know and can get excited about.

Quote:
Old 01-02-2011, 04:42 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Well guys, we get a great look at Stephen McGee here. I've always liked the guy, felt MOTH was a bit too hard on him in the pre-season but he looked good last week and he has some tools to work with. Do I want to rely on him to be a future starter? Hell no. But we took him in the 4th to develop him and he's developed up to this point, how much is the question.

Hopefully he can continue to get better then in 2-3 years see what we have, but it's not like he is gonna be expected to start for us until 3 years at minimum.

Also Banning your probably right, I should expect his brother to get promoted, I just wouldn't know how to feel since I don't even know what type of job he'd do. It's not always about a flashy name that common fans know and can get excited about.

I coached under him that day. Great guy, good motivator, and knows his stuff. I think under his brother both guys could do something good to that offense.

He is good with Xs and Os. He changed up the playbook and gave the position coaches new plays he drew up and we had to memorize that stuff. But I was impressed with him overall. He is well respected by Witten.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We better lose.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:41 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
We better lose.
Better bench Ware then....

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:03 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Erik Walden, former 6th rd pick in 2008 of ours is playing really well for Green Bay today.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Native Texan and big Cowboys fan Kevin Kolb didn't get the memo that you guys want to lose today. He's doing his best to give you the game!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:12 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

i'll be pissed if we win this game. come on...
Old 01-02-2011, 06:38 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

Quote:
i'll be pissed if we win this game. come on...
McGee against a lot of backups: 7/19 for 81 yds. And we're still in this thing!

Thank God Buehler continues to suck.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:39 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

thank you buehler.

was newman's pick nice? i dont have the game in CT