Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-02-2011, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Well judging by your sig and taste in women you must be 6 years old, because your sure as hell don't know what a woman is...
That wasn't REALLY the best you were going to come back with, was it?

Katy Perry is pretty darn attractive, but hey, that's just me.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:02 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Nice internet war, pce.

At 11, im hoping for fairley. he would be a huge boost.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Yay! Cowboys aren't getting Patrick Peterson, barring a massive trade-up.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:05 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Nevermind we are at 10. 9th if the seahwaks win.

Come on seahawks!
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:06 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You realize we'd be picking in the Top 5 in every round right? Not just the first?

The quality of player available is that much better in every round. But then again, you think Kenny Tate and Patrick Peterson hardly have a difference worth noting. meh. No wonder you don't care about the importance of the draft. Tell me what this win means for you... really... I need a good laugh right about now.
When have I ever stated that I like Tate over Peterson? As a matter of fact, that post was the first time I've ever even said that I liked Tate. I like the guy, and would be glad to have him. I'd rather have Peterson, but it's not him or bust for me. You're reaching here man. I like a lot of guys and I'd be satisfied with a bunch of secondary talent that's in the draft. I'd be absolutely thrilled to have Patrick Peterson, but he's far from the only good DB available.

Just because I'd rather have one guy over another doesn't mean that I'm going to get upset when the Cowboys actually win, especially over one of my most hated teams in the Eagles. I want Prince Amukamara more than anyone else in this draft for the Cowboys, but if they don't have a shot at him I know it's not worth getting upset over. There are plenty of guys to get excited about.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's just one reason how a few spots hurts you.

The Redskins, who just recently moved to a 3-4 and have the same needs as us, will be picking in front of us in each round and have their pick of player at probably the same positions we'll be looking at.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:08 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We had Patrick Peterson in our hands and we let it slip away with this 100% completely meaningless game.
I thought you were better then this. So what did you expect us to do? Lose being way too vague. We were down to our 3rd QB, no Dez, and last I checked Alan Ball is still starting. Did you want us to forfeit? Take a kneel before the 2 minute offense to end the game? Ask to play for 3 quarters?

Can I please hear some rational thought on what you honestly expected us to do. There is nothing wrong with being upset we won, your well past that. Your calling the organization stupid and idiotic as if there was some sort of choice to actually playing the game out.

This team is WAY better then 6-10, we already see two 10-6 teams didn't make the playoffs so were picking better then where we normally would. But don't let me rain on your pity party, it's too bad this draft only had 5 players worth a damn or we may have been in business, nonetheless, all the elite players go top 5 and that's it so we may as well get used 2 drafting a ****** player in the top 15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:17 PM    (permalink
romo4prez415
Rookie

romo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I'm so sick of these cry babies that wanted us to throw the game. If you've ever played team sports at a high level and all the hardwork put into being the best you can be there is no way you do the players a disservice and throw the game. My two biggest critiques when it comes to the Peterson disccusion

1. Peterson wasnt going to be there when we pick anyway.
2. If you cannot find a good player to pick at 10 or wherever we're picking then the draft isnt for you. Simple as that.
romo4prez415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:17 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I thought you were better then this. So what did you expect us to do? Lose being way too vague. We were down to our 3rd QB, no Dez, and last I checked Alan Ball is still starting. Did you want us to forfeit? Take a kneel before the 2 minute offense to end the game? Ask to play for 3 quarters?

Can I please hear some rational thought on what you honestly expected us to do. There is nothing wrong with being upset we won, your well past that. Your calling the organization stupid and idiotic as if there was some sort of choice to actually playing the game out.

This team is WAY better then 6-10, we already see two 10-6 teams didn't make the playoffs so were picking better then where we normally would. But don't let me rain on your pity party, it's too bad this draft only had 5 players worth a damn or we may have been in business, nonetheless, all the elite players go top 5 and that's it so we may as well get used 2 drafting a ****** player in the top 15.
Well said.....dude is bleeding from his Vagina...what did you honestly expect man? Players are paid to play, we're fans, and have a different viewpoint on each game.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:21 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We had Patrick Peterson in our hands and we let it slip away with this 100% completely meaningless game.
hes going to Denver @2 more than likely

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:23 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess we should just lose every game every year and we will always have the #1 pick....

As a kid u play to win...(to have fun) but u play to win....we all play to win.....playing to lose makes no sense. nobody can possibly to it. so to be all pissed cause they lost and they cost themselves a top 6 pick makes no sense......u pick were ever and u pick the best player u can get......after so many years of watching the draft....most teams know who they want and they get who they want. I have never seen a draft where the players get drafted in rank order...it doesn't happen..... we still have a shot and any player...it all much u want that player..
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:57 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The best we could have done was pick 6th. Don't think Peterson would have fallen to 6th, but who knows. If teams in front of us fall in love with the 4 QBs, we might be able to get a Dareus or Prince anyway.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy overboard. Not just D-Unit either. Really a pissing contest in the middle of a thread? Can't we mature a tad and treat the thread as better than some off-topic "Lets test my epeen"?

Winning this game sucks. Was pissed. Got over it. You play the game to win, or play your best. Asking your players to do anything less is treasoness to say the least. I was hoping, wishing, and envisioning a loss and a top 5 pick but alas it wasn't in the cards. Besides I think placing 3rd in the NFC East sucks worse than the pick change. Instead of the Carolina Panthers we get the Bucs. Instead of the lowly Vikings we get the resurgent Lions. But that's another topic entirely.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:56 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Here's just one reason how a few spots hurts you.

The Redskins, who just recently moved to a 3-4 and have the same needs as us, will be picking in front of us in each round and have their pick of player at probably the same positions we'll be looking at.
Wrong...Same record....comes down to strength of schedule.

Here's the draft order:
Quote:
1. Carolina Panthers (2-14)
2. Denver Broncos (4-12)
3. Buffalo Bills (4-12)
4. Cincinnati Bengals (4-12)
5. Arizona Cardinals (5-11)
6. Cleveland Browns (5-11)
7. San Francisco 49ers (6-10)
8. Seattle Seahawks (With loss to Rams) (6-9)
9. Tennessee Titans (6-10)
10. Dallas Cowboys (6-10)
11. Washington Redskins (6-10)
12. Houston Texans (6-10)
13. Minnesota Vikings (6-10)
14. Detroit Lions (6-10)
15. Miami Dolphins (7-9)
16. Jacksonville Jaguars (8-8)
17. Oakland Raiders (NWE) (8-8)
18. San Diego Chargers (9-7)
19. New York Giants (10-6)
20. Tampa Bay Bucs (10-6)
21. St. Louis Rams (With win over Seahawks) (7-8)*
22. Indianapolis Colts (10-6)*
23. Green Bay Packers (10-6)*
24. Kansas City Chiefs (10-6)*
25. Philadelphia Eagles (10-6)*
26. New York Jets (11-5)*
27. New Orleans Saints (11-5)*
28. Chicago Bears (11-5)*
29. Baltimore Ravens (12-4)*
30. Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4)*
31. Atlanta Falcons (13-3)*
32. New England Patriots (14-2)*
Seahawks win tonight and Dallas will draft at #9 instead of #10...Still ahead of the Skins.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
Yay! Cowboys aren't getting Patrick Peterson, barring a massive trade-up.
Hmmm... infraction for trolling? What do you think guys?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:59 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have to admit, I was very disappointed. Didn't watch the game, because I couldn't stand the thought of rooting against my team so fervently. Still...the one consolation here is that this isn't the NBA. Elite talents fall out of the top 5 all the time and you can get the best player in the draft @ 9 almost as easily as at #1. Really, the only time you want to be at the top is if you're looking for a QB, because the best QB in the draft is often the first pick in that draft.

I have to admit, though, I can't ever complain too much about a win over the Eagles, and seeing Garrett take this team and win at a playoff caliber level after all that has happened this season is nice consolation for next year. With all the injured guys back, a competent coaching staff in place, and (hopefully) a strong draft class in tow, we are in great shape for next year. We've got to do something about this defense, especially the secondary. If we can get that done, the sky's the limit for next season. Soooooo happy that Wade is gone.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:27 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had some time to think it over and I'll go ahead and swallow that pride pill here. Turning the season around after that Packer game seemed impossible at that point and I think the team got some pride back. 5-3 over the second half of the season with your back up QB is impressive, Garrett's earned his shot. Peterson would have been awesome and I have a man crush on him, but there are other directions we can go in that can help our team. Definitely had a knee-jerk reaction after the game but I am excited about what we can do next year.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:44 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2011 Draft

Well lets hope that Seattle can keep the lead. As soon as that game is over we can begin the man crush.

So lets start with a list of 3 players if we pick 9 that we can get...
Old 01-02-2011, 11:17 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I'm not mistaken the win today cost us 3 spots. From 6 to 9 correct?

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:29 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

Default Final Pick

We Are Picking 9th.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:30 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlopez1 View Post
We Are Picking 9th.
Bring on Marcell Dareus!!
Old 01-02-2011, 11:34 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
If I'm not mistaken the win today cost us 3 spots. From 6 to 9 correct?
Assuming Cleveland's SOS was better(which I'm pretty sure it is), yes

Last edited by bigmac076 : 01-02-2011 at 11:38 PM.
bigmac076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:40 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

Default 9

I am pretty sure we are picking 9th. I also think we are picking before Washington.

Anybody confirm!
Old 01-02-2011, 11:43 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well we were 1 pick ahead of Washington last week, and their SOS couldn't have changed much opposed to ours, if at all.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:50 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Yes we're picking 9th