Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-07-2011, 08:32 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There was a report from John Clayton that if Miami had canned Sparano, we were ready to take their entire defensive staff. We were secretly going after Nolan, that would have been perfect, damnit...... i guess good news is Jason obviously knows our current defensive staff is trash.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:53 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just finished watching the presser good stuff! Jerrah is giddy! haha. Nice shout out to Jim Garrett with regards to scouting.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:02 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Dude, even as a Giants fan you must admit. GARRETT IS MOTHER ******* BOSS!!!!!!

So pumped to watch a real team play now.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:08 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Dude, even as a Giants fan you must admit. GARRETT IS MOTHER ******* BOSS!!!!!!

So pumped to watch a real team play now.
LOL. I know this. Ask D-Unit or Longhorns, I been saying Garrett would be a good coach for a while now. I got a chance to work him and John, and his father interviewed me for the NFL. I heard Jim Garrett give an inspirational speech at his coaching thing. Jason is basically a carbon copy of his dad. He looks like him, and exudes the same confidence or swagger.

Let's put it this way. I'd be very surprised if he failed as a HC. I know first time HCs may not do well, and do well at the second spot, and very well could be true, but I thin Jason is good enough to do well first time around.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who started this crap about Chryst?

The same dude that got thoroughly outcoached by Gary Patterson?

Um, No.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bummer about the Miami thing. I was hoping for Sparano to come and be Asst. HC and running game coordinator and help JG with the offense. Then Nolan as DC. That would have been damn solid.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 01-07-2011, 12:09 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First I heard this about Free regarding the run blocking, very impressive:

Quote:
The Cowboys are expected to place a high priority on re-signing free agent LT Doug Free.
Free grades out as ProFootballFocus.com's best run-blocking tackle in the NFL this season while more than holding his own as a pass blocker. The labor uncertainty is a factor, but Free has established himself as a nucleus player deserving of a long-term deal.
Source: San Antonio Express-News

Of course their grading scale can be tricky, but highly impressive to come out as the best run blocking tackle under any scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:12 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
First I heard this about Free regarding the run blocking, very impressive:

Of course their grading scale can be tricky, but highly impressive to come out as the best run blocking tackle under any scale.
Damn thats legit, we need to re-sign him.

I want to see who this DC is gonna be..
Old 01-07-2011, 12:13 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
LOL. I know this. Ask D-Unit or Longhorns, I been saying Garrett would be a good coach for a while now. I got a chance to work him and John, and his father interviewed me for the NFL. I heard Jim Garrett give an inspirational speech at his coaching thing. Jason is basically a carbon copy of his dad. He looks like him, and exudes the same confidence or swagger.

Let's put it this way. I'd be very surprised if he failed as a HC. I know first time HCs may not do well, and do well at the second spot, and very well could be true, but I thin Jason is good enough to do well first time around.
Yeah they are a smart family, obviously.

Is the Old Man Garrett really THAT good of a scout? If so I hope we have him on speed dial in the war room.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Well, Jim Garrett did have the miscalculation of thinking Ryan Leaf should have been ahead of Manning.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 01-07-2011, 02:24 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is the Old Man Garrett really THAT good of a scout? If so I hope we have him on speed dial in the war room.
He was their head scout dating back to the Landry Era I think, that's pretty much forever.

Jason literally grew up among team insiders, he's a direct offspring of the Dallas Cowboys orgn. I think they probably paid for his Princeton education too. He had to be a walk-on there for the Tigers, Ivy League schools offer zero athletic scholarships by policy.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:43 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah they are a smart family, obviously.

He is a legend.. Played, coached, scouted in the NFL. He knows more about football than I could learn in a lifetime. Not only that, he is more connections than Verizon. He knows everyone on a first name basis. It's pretty cool and intimidating actually. He interviewed me for the NFL, and to this day it's the hardest interview I ever had ever be it football or private sector. I was basically sweating, his questions were so in-depth. Something about him, when he spoke, and asked a question, it took a while for the shock to wear off, and then had to come up with a logical explanation without BSing.

The best thing in this industry is put your ego aside and just say, I don't know. 3 words go a long way.

I am sure Jason will be asking for the old man's advice on a prospect. Mr. Garrett has binder of evals and reports saved from way back. He knows his stuff.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:53 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PLEASE JERRY!!!!!

Old 01-09-2011, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Crimson79
Rookie

Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can add skill player after skill player but if your line sucks it wont matter.
Crimson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:23 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson79 View Post
You can add skill player after skill player but if your line sucks it wont matter.
I guess I missed the rule that says if you sign Asomugha you can't upgrade your OLine either....
Old 01-09-2011, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Crimson79
Rookie

Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would rather take a free agent DL or OL.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:42 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Would rather take a free agent DL or OL.
Baltimore won't let Ngata walk, who is the only DL who would be worth it over Nnamdi in FA. Mankins would be nice, but there are other cheaper OL we could get. Plus if we landed Nnamdi in FA, we can put more of a focus on upgrading the trenches though the draft.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Crimson79
Rookie

Nmadi is going to come with a huuuuge price tag. One that I would rather avoid.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:51 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Nmadi is going to come with a huuuuge price tag. One that I would rather avoid.
Given Jerry's history with signing big named FA Corners...

....you better believe he'll be pursuing him.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:13 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Damn finisher you beat me to it. I just saw that on the bottom line.

That would eliminate so many problems and free us up for so much else on draft day.

One of the big players needs to be signed. Whether it be him, Mankins, Ngata, etc.

LET'S GO JERRY.

EDIT: Who would you rather have, Nmandi or Peterson?...

Last edited by xxxxxxxx : 01-09-2011 at 01:17 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:07 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ray Sherman has been let go...it's unclear if it's his choice or Garretts....

Interesting.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Here's some DC news:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

They like Nolan, but it's probably gonna be Bowles. I have no problem with bowles.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:14 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Damn finisher you beat me to it. I just saw that on the bottom line.

That would eliminate so many problems and free us up for so much else on draft day.

One of the big players needs to be signed. Whether it be him, Mankins, Ngata, etc.

LET'S GO JERRY.

EDIT: Who would you rather have, Nmandi or Peterson?...

I think a better question is Aso or Mankins. Because we could still possibly get Aso and PP together, but were only gonna get 1 of the big FA's we won't get two. If Aso is only there sure go balls out, but if both are there I'd take Mankins over Aso 10 times out of 10.

Quote:
Old 01-09-2011, 02:21 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Same, because o-line is a much bigger need than CB imo, I think the secondary problems are at safety.

Jerry had been loud about making changes and getting things done, so hopefully that means he gets to work in FA.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Thing that worries me with Mankins is that he'll likely get tagged and try to be traded which there is a good chance of. If we did get Aso(which btw who could hate that move) I'd want to move up for PP/Fairley/Dareus whoever grades out the highest to us. I know it would cost something to get to the 3-5 range but it would be close to making our defense elite with the right DC. I would want a game changer, Jenkins is much better on the #2 with safety help for his aggressive play, and Newman can play in the slot and Scandrick is a great #4 who I still think is gonna get better.

Quote: