Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-09-2011, 06:10 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Getting Asomugha would be sweet, but to me, that would end our pursuit of Peterson or Prince. You just can't throw that much money on your secondary. That would free us up to take Dareus, or trade down perhaps to take a OT. Would be an interesting move, that's for sure.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:07 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...was-outst.html

Interesting take on spencer and newman.

Sorry guys, but just because we want things doesn't mean the front office thinks the same way. Anthony Spencer isn't going anywhere, so forget OLB, and any dream of Quinn.

It aint happening.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:34 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...was-outst.html

Interesting take on spencer and newman.

Sorry guys, but just because we want things doesn't mean the front office thinks the same way. Anthony Spencer isn't going anywhere, so forget OLB, and any dream of Quinn.

It aint happening.
David Moore is not in our front office, his opinion means jack.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:59 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why the hell wouldn't you sign Aso and just move Newman to Safety? Jenkins, Sensy, Newman and Aso as our DB's would cut sick. Which gives us the flexibility of trading down to the late first round and nabbing a second first rounder next year.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:18 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baghdadbob
http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...o-a-bette.html

Been saying this for some time now. Someone finally picked up on the obvious.
Romo- Developed IN-HOUSE
Barber, Felix and Choice- All drafted...
Austin, Dez, Hurd- All drafted(or developed IN-HOUSE)
Witten and Bennett- (drafted)
Free, Gurode(drafted)
Colombo and Kosier- Picked up cheaply.

Barring Olshansky the D-Line is developed through the draft.

Barring Brooking... Our LB's are developed from the draft.

Barring Sensabagh... Our DB's are drafted and developed.

The idea that this team is built on free agent aquisitions is and has always been a load of...
Old 01-10-2011, 09:29 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baghdadbob View Post
So do yours. But I thought we were here to share opinions (that don't matter) in order to entertain ourselves -- much like Mr Moore in his paper.
Click on the link and reread what I was responding to.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:37 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post
Romo- Developed IN-HOUSE
Free, Gurode(drafted)

The idea that this team is built on free agent aquisitions is and has always been a load of...

How many of those were developed or brought in by Parcells and his guys?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:05 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Not Dez, and his talent owns all. Parcells probably would of bought in to the ******** that Dez has character concerns and passed on him too, which was so wrong. Parcells also missed on so much. Skylar Green? Bobby Carpenter? All the OL? Marco Rivera in FA? All the re-tread old bums he brought in that sucked but were "his guys?" Just because he is too stubborn. It's a double sided coin.

Anyway, Finisher, OLB is not happening. Wanna put a sig bet on it? It won't happen. It's stupid. This OL, secondary, and DE's need it so much more than an OLB. You can easily win a superbowl with Ware, Spencer, Butler, and Williams. It's not gonna happen, and if it does, i'll be pissed.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:08 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And who did he hit on? Romo? And who else?
Old 01-10-2011, 10:10 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Like I said, it's a double sided coin. Parcells was great, but he wasn't perfect, like some people like Bob seem to think. He was to old school for todays game. I don't see the dolphins lighting up the league..

Garrett is a MOTHER ******* BOSS. I'm pumped. Wade was a joke in the war room. Garrett will get the players he knows can play. I am confident in that.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:27 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Like I said, it's a double sided coin. Parcells was great, but he wasn't perfect, like some people like Bob seem to think. He was to old school for todays game. I don't see the dolphins lighting up the league..

Garrett is a MOTHER ******* BOSS. I'm pumped. Wade was a joke in the war room. Garrett will get the players he knows can play. I am confident in that.
Yeah he is the best fit and will have more say than other HCs under Garrett. Plus when in doubt call your father and he can help out. If you need game film evaluated give it to old man Garrett, and call home for a report. It's actually the most excited I have been for a non giants issue regarding a non giants team.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:00 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Anyway, Finisher, OLB is not happening. Wanna put a sig bet on it? It won't happen. It's stupid. This OL, secondary, and DE's need it so much more than an OLB. You can easily win a superbowl with Ware, Spencer, Butler, and Williams. It's not gonna happen, and if it does, i'll be pissed.
I think you're misunderstanding what I've been saying. I don't think OLB HAS to be the pick, I just said we will consider Quinn if he is there and I wouldn't be against it if they picked him. I don't think we'll go in to draft day with Quinn totally off our board, which some are suggesting.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
I think you're misunderstanding what I've been saying. I don't think OLB HAS to be the pick, I just said we will consider Quinn if he is there and I wouldn't be against it if they picked him. I don't think we'll go in to draft day with Quinn totally off our board, which some are suggesting.
I agree. I also agree with those that say that OL, DL and DB are a higher priority.

However, most signs point to the fact that there will not be an OL worthy of #9. The 2 top CBs could be gone and I am of the school of thought that 3-4 DL are rarely impact players so #9 may be too high. So what then? Do you reach about 10 spots and take the best OL?

Don't we all rip teams repeatedly for drafting need ahead of BPA?

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:06 AM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Romo- Developed IN-HOUSE
Free, Gurode(drafted)

That article is a ridiculous excuse for journalism. It's no coincidence that the resident troll is the one posting it.

Let's look at last year's Super Bowl champ:

FA - Drew Brees -- team and league MVP, brought the team back from the depths of suckitude.

Trade - Jeremy Shockey -- starting TE and valuable piece in the passing game.

FA - Johnathan Vilma -- starting MLB, QB of the defense and one of the linchpins of the team.

FA - Darren Sharper -- starting FS, playmaker who's ability to generate TO's catapulted a mediocre defense far enough into respectability to allow the offense to do its things.

Then you can add lower level guys like Scott Shanle, Scott Fujita, Mike Bell, Remi Ayodele, Mark Brunell......I mean, seriously? You're going to cast fault at the act of acquiring talent from other teams?

The Cowboys have done a terrific job of acquiring talent in the draft. The 2006 and 2009 drafts were terrible, true. We whiffed hardcore. But 07 was passable, 08 was great and 2010 looks very promising. And 2005 was phenomenal. That's about as good a track record as you will find over a 5 or 6 year period in today's NFL. Talent is talent. You find it however the hell you can and you don't apologize. The Cowboys have done a more than adequate job of getting talented football players on this team. Our failures have been of the administrative variety. Talent has never been the issue.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:07 AM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, and the 06 draft looks a LOT better once you consider that we got the best WR in the draft class....without using a draft pick to get him :P
Quote:
From what? His leg?
Quote:

DeMarcus Ware
Old 01-11-2011, 03:59 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man
Romo- Developed IN-HOUSE
Parcells. Although I think he was more a Sean Payton player then anything. My personal opinion is Parcells didn't want to give Romo the shot and was forced into it.
Quote:
Barber was Parcells choice. The other two are BETTER.

Quote:
Austin and Hurd are both Parcells guys. Without a doubt.

Quote:
Witten was a Parcells guy and may arguably be his greatest selection. Bennett and Phillips both came AFTER Parcells though.

Quote:
Free, Gurode(drafted)
I'll give the entire offensive line to Parcells. But he also gave us a load of balls behind it. And it took him a few years to get the recipe right on that line.

Quote:
Entirely Parcells. Though I think they have all improved through Wade's tutelage.

Quote:
Lee isn't obviously. Ware is though we might have missed had we gone with Parcells strategy. Spencer was anonymous until Wade got here. Bradie is a Parcells player.

Quote:
Newman has been here since the dawn of time. While Jenkins and Scandrick are new additions.

So yeah Parcells played a part in it. But it's not like the entire team has his signature on it. Not enough credit given to Wade for defensive development.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:20 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who was it that wanted Manusky when Wade got hired? Someone here did looks like we might get him this time.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty

Last edited by thule : 01-11-2011 at 08:02 AM.
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:14 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Who was it that wanted Manusky when Wade got hired? Someone here did looks like we might get him this time.
Hire Manusky. He made chicken salad out of chickenpoop in 49erland.

I live here, saw him do it. Brought in FAs Justin Smith & Clement. His defenses held their own vs. some of the best offenses in the league like the Saints & Indy, it was the 9ers offense with Alex Smith that choked the many winnable games.

Hire him.... that is all.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:15 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

Reports: Dolphins look at John Garrett, Chudzinski for OC job

Good for him!
Old 01-11-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quick! Promote John! He'd be good for an OC.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

Quote:
Parcells. Although I think he was more a Sean Payton player then anything. My personal opinion is Parcells didn't want to give Romo the shot and was forced into it.

Barber was Parcells choice. The other two are BETTER.

Austin and Hurd are both Parcells guys. Without a doubt.

Witten was a Parcells guy and may arguably be his greatest selection. Bennett and Phillips both came AFTER Parcells though.

I'll give the entire offensive line to Parcells. But he also gave us a load of balls behind it. And it took him a few years to get the recipe right on that line.

Entirely Parcells. Though I think they have all improved through Wade's tutelage.

Lee isn't obviously. Ware is though we might have missed had we gone with Parcells strategy. Spencer was anonymous until Wade got here. Bradie is a Parcells player.

Newman has been here since the dawn of time. While Jenkins and Scandrick are new additions.

So yeah Parcells played a part in it. But it's not like the entire team has his signature on it. Not enough credit given to Wade for defensive development.
The article didn't reference Parcells' tenure versus Phillips or Jerry. It didn't exclude the FA acquisitions made during BP's stay here--hell, it went all the way back to 99 in the Galloway reference--it simply said that Dallas has been relying too much on acquiring older players in FA and via trade. That's a ridiculous assertion, as most of Dallas' roster is homegrown, I'd wager a higher percentage than most upper echelon teams the last 4 years. And reference John freaking Kitna?! Give me a break.
Quote:
From what? His leg?
Quote:

DeMarcus Ware
Old 01-11-2011, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

Reports: Dolphins look at John Garrett, Chudzinski for OC job

Good for him!
Whats your opinion on both of those guys? Are they worth it?

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
Whats your opinion on both of those guys? Are they worth it?
John I think would be good. I coached under him, and he was a good leader, good motivator, and knew his Xs and Os. I think all he needs is a shot, and he comes from a good football family and learned a lot from Jason too. Not sure about the other guy. Don't know too much about him.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:51 PM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

My only fear with John Garrett is he, like his brother becomes enamoured with the pass when the game starts to get tight. Obviously you won't know unless he's allowed to call games himself. But he comes from the same family. So it's not an outrageous assertion.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:07 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Garrett is actually getting interviewed to be Miami's OC. Jason has already stated that he will be calling the plays again this year. His playcallling did get better once he took over the starting job....if he could just figure out how to call plays in the red zone he should do alright.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote