Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-15-2011, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

You guys need a defensive coordinator right?

You want Sean McDermott? He's recently become available.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 07:25 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

I would take Salas in a heartbeat. That dude is a boss. Salas in the slot with Dez and Miles on the outside with witten... I love it.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:42 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
I would take Salas in a heartbeat. That dude is a boss. Salas in the slot with Dez and Miles on the outside with witten... I love it.
Offense wasn't the problem at all this year. Defense should be the top priority in both the draft and FA. The OL isn't great but the offensive numbers show that it was servicable/average.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A little concerned that no official announcement has been made about Rob Ryan yet...
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:02 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Rob plays a ton of zone, and he's not as aggressive as you think. I've seen him rush 3, sometimes even 2 guys quite often.

He's good at mixing it up, but don't expect Rex Ryan. His scheme isn't as similar to Rex as people assume.

I think Rob is a good hire, but I think his resume isn't as good as it's perceived to be. He's bounced around a lot for a guy who's supposed to be a defensive genius.

A lot of staffs decided against keeping him around. And nobody was really knocking on his door this whole time, it didn't sound like many were that enthusiastic about bringing him on their staff. I'm just saying.
It's Rob's personality and mantra that is keeping teams from being "enthusiastic about bringing him on their staff".

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
A little concerned that no official announcement has been made about Rob Ryan yet...
Adam Schefter has already reported that he has agreed to be the DC for the Cowboys it's just a matter of finalizing the contract. But he's to hoping he brings some of his staff as well :D
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:42 AM    (permalink
BAM1988
Rookie

BAM1988 is so money.BAM1988 is so money.BAM1988 is so money.BAM1988 is so money.BAM1988 is so money.BAM1988 is so money.BAM1988 is so money.BAM1988 is so money.BAM1988 is so money.BAM1988 is so money.

Anyone big on bringing in Michael Huff for a look in free agency? I know he hasn't produced big numbers since coming in the league but I think he could be a nice fit if he is shifted over to SS.
BAM1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:08 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Rob Ryan is official. Happy D-Unit?
Old 01-16-2011, 11:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rob Ryan is official. Happy D-Unit?
There were several candidates that would've made me happy. He was one of them.

His dad is the architect behind the best defense of all time... the '85 Bears defense. I would love for Mike Singletary to come aboard in some capacity...but I realize that's wishful thinking at this point.

We already know how big a fan Mike is of Sean Lee. Imagine how Lee would get molded with Mike as his mentor.

Speaking of Lee... he is such a man of character. Love the way he carries out his business and shows respect for his elders.

On Brooking...

"That guy can be playing until he's 40," Lee said before the season ended. "I don't see it as a situation where I'm a replacement for him, because you don't know how long he's going to play with how talented he is and how tough a guy he is."

Last edited by D-Unit : 01-16-2011 at 11:36 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAM1988 View Post
Anyone big on bringing in Michael Huff for a look in free agency? I know he hasn't produced big numbers since coming in the league but I think he could be a nice fit if he is shifted over to SS.
Huff is better than anything we have, but that's not really saying much. I would hope for a better upgrade than him.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Huff is better than anything we have, but that's not really saying much. I would hope for a better upgrade than him.
Agreed 100% with this. Seriously, you can easily upgrade someone as bad as Ball. I'm not as down on Sensy as some, but he can be upgraded too. Huff is a big bust, but you can't get much worse than freaking Alan Ball.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's such a shame that we didn't get to see more of AOA. Would be nice if we had confidence that he could play; we could go out and get Weddle and be set with he and AOA.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Weddle is overrated. I'm honestly super surprised at the amount of love you guys are giving him. It's a weak FS class, along with a weak FA crop too. Not a good combo when we are starting Alan "I can't find the" Ball.

I'm 100% onboard with Huff. His coverage ability and range would be an instant upgrade as a center-fielder.

Per BtB they graded the 'top' safeties that should be available next year... *drum rolls*

For 2010 Quintin Mikell (SS) is listed as the top available safety by PFF metrics. The top FS is Michael Huff largely due to the 'Coverage' aspect of the rating. Weddle is right behind but very far behind in pass coverage but ahead in stopping the run.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2011/...review-preview

I just can't get the idea of a rangy center-fielder helping force some turnovers...

Last edited by Trogdor : 01-17-2011 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Table didn't copy right...
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:56 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some things I pulled out of the btb article.

Quote:
Accordingly, based on these and other stats that we'll look at later, PFF hand Sensabaugh a +7.6 grade, making Sensabaugh the 10th best safety in the league last year.
Quote:
All of this, and more stats, are summarized in PFF's final season grade of -9.7, ranking Alan Ball number 78 out of 85 safeties in 2010.
With this FA corp and other holes on our team I think it'd be the right move to keep sensy. but it goes on to say this.

Quote:
Word around Valley Ranch is that interest in re-signing the 27 year old Sensabaugh has significantly cooled, despite stat-lines that (on paper) make him look like a pretty good SS.
Danieal Manning is a name to watch out for. I remember in the draft we looked at him a time or two in pre draft. Plus he has Kick Return skills.

Designs by me
Quote:

Last edited by thule : 01-17-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:01 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Weddle is overrated. I'm honestly super surprised at the amount of love you guys are giving him. It's a weak FS class, along with a weak FA crop too. Not a good combo when we are starting Alan "I can't find the" Ball.

I'm 100% onboard with Huff. His coverage ability and range would be an instant upgrade as a center-fielder.

Per BtB they graded the 'top' safeties that should be available next year... *drum rolls*

For 2010 Quintin Mikell (SS) is listed as the top available safety by PFF metrics. The top FS is Michael Huff largely due to the 'Coverage' aspect of the rating. Weddle is right behind but very far behind in pass coverage but ahead in stopping the run.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2011/...review-preview

I just can't get the idea of a rangy center-fielder helping force some turnovers...
I know Micheal Huff got labeled as a bust after his first couple seasons but it seems like he has figured it out within the past two years. I don't know if he'll ever live up to his draft hype, but's he's been a very solid player for the Raiders and most of their fans actually want to see him resigned more than they do Nnamdi (money has a lot to do with it, but still).

Sign me up for Huff. He's a young player and we can get him here cheap. I'd say something like a 3 year deal so we don't totally give up on AOA.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:17 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I keep forgetting about AOA. I wish they just threw him out there on defense before he got hurt to see what he can offer. I wouldn't hold out for him if you have an opportunity to get a good DB, but he should be given a chance to compete at some position next year. Since he has experience at both S and corner he might be beneficial in some of Ryan's nickel and dime packages.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:33 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I keep forgetting about AOA. I wish they just threw him out there on defense before he got hurt to see what he can offer. I wouldn't hold out for him if you have an opportunity to get a good DB, but he should be given a chance to compete at some position next year. Since he has experience at both S and corner he might be beneficial in some of Ryan's nickel and dime packages.
If he's ready by next year Rob Ryan will find a role for him. I think at the very least AOA will be a very good 4th corner for us. I was convinced he was gonna be the steal of the draft when we got him. I hope he can figure it out, he certainly has the skillset.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 01-17-2011 at 07:36 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:18 PM    (permalink
STsACE
Rookie

STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, Browns fan here. You guys will love Ryan. He's very animated and seems like a fan with his passion.

Seems we're headed in a new direction on our D to the 4-3. We have a pretty good NT that doesn't look like he'll fit, Rubin. He's big and plays the nose very well. He just wore out with nothing on either side of him. What do you guys think he'd be worth as his best 2 years came with Ryan leading him?

I keep hearing Ratliff would be better at DE and Rubin would make a nice NT. What would he be worth to you guys?
STsACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:22 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

I would definitely give a mid-round pick for him, but isn't he a free agent?

Also, Thule that article brings up some news I have always thought. I think Sensabaugh is a JAG, but he doesn't kill you either. You can't have a pro-bowler at every position, and I would have no problem re-signing him for the right price.

Rahim Moore in the 2nd round, and BAM.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:27 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....c3277e4f.html

Bruce Mathews and Dan Campbell interviewing for positions related to the offensive line...

I like it.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:15 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by STsACE View Post
Hey guys, Browns fan here. You guys will love Ryan. He's very animated and seems like a fan with his passion.

Seems we're headed in a new direction on our D to the 4-3. We have a pretty good NT that doesn't look like he'll fit, Rubin. He's big and plays the nose very well. He just wore out with nothing on either side of him. What do you guys think he'd be worth as his best 2 years came with Ryan leading him?

I keep hearing Ratliff would be better at DE and Rubin would make a nice NT. What would he be worth to you guys?
How about Roy Williams for Rubin straight up? Everybody wins!
Old 01-18-2011, 07:32 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

That isn't a bad idea, Finisher.

Also, why isn't Rob Ryan official yet?
Old 01-18-2011, 08:49 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That isn't a bad idea, Finisher.

Also, why isn't Rob Ryan official yet?
I read some reports that said they will make the official anouncement today so stay tuned.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:04 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MLK day is a holiday...i'd expect to hear something today.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-18-2011, 12:35 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
If he's ready by next year Rob Ryan will find a role for him. I think at the very least AOA will be a very good 4th corner for us. I was convinced he was gonna be the steal of the draft when we got him. I hope he can figure it out, he certainly has the skillset.
I'm with you there. The 4th corner is going to be pretty important, especially if they don't end up getting one of the many good corners in this draft for some reason. My biggest worry is that they won't find a position for him like Jason Allen in Miami, but if he's good enough he should make an impact anywhere.

Now as for your avatar, do you know the name of that chick? I've been wondering who she is for about a year now, and I need to know her name. It's for research of course.
Quote:
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....c3277e4f.html

Bruce Mathews and Dan Campbell interviewing for positions related to the offensive line...

I like it.
I used to love watching Bruce Matthews play. I remember him being one of my favorite lineman after Larry Allen, Nate Newton, Will Shields, and Erik Williams. Maybe if he's on staff he can convince the Cowboys to go after Casey Matthews, and he can keep him focused to become a player here.