Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-18-2011, 12:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
How about Roy Williams for Rubin straight up? Everybody wins!
They don't want his contract. Roy is untradeable since anyone interested would probably wait for us to cut him.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crap. Singletary got the exact job I wanted to get him in Dallas. LB coach/Ast HC.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6033462
Old 01-18-2011, 03:55 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
How about Roy Williams for Rubin straight up? Everybody wins!
Rubin is the anchor of the Browns' defense...he's probably one of the last guys they'd trade

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:58 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think of the report that a Cowboy official said the Cowboys would consider trading Dez?

I think it's just something they're saying to light a fire under Dez. I guess his work ethic isn't that great, so they're trying to scare him a little.

I would be shocked if they actually traded him.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
What do you guys think of the report that a Cowboy official said the Cowboys would consider trading Dez?

I think it's just something they're saying to light a fire under Dez. I guess his work ethic isn't that great, so they're trying to scare him a little.

I would be shocked if they actually traded him.
Non story, IMO.

If someone came and offered 2 1st rounders, 2 2nds and 2 3rd rounders, would you do it? SURE. If someone would make a stupid offer, they might do it, but that is not going to happen.

JJ is not going to trade Dez, nor should he.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Non story, IMO.

If someone came and offered 2 1st rounders, 2 2nds and 2 3rd rounders, would you do it? SURE. If someone would make a stupid offer, they might do it, but that is not going to happen.

JJ is not going to trade Dez, nor should he.
I think so too. For him to publically say that, my interpretation is they're trying to get Dez motivated to put more time in.

The report claims he's late to meetings, doesn't study the playbook enough, and got away with alot of stuff last year.

If that's true, I think making this public would be a motivational tactic to get him in gear.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think so too. For him to publically say that, my interpretation is they're trying to get Dez motivated to put more time in.

The report claims he's late to meetings, doesn't study the playbook enough, and got away with alot of stuff last year.

If that's true, I think making this public would be a motivational tactic to get him in gear.
Well, I'm sure he got away with some, but consider the source of most of this - Crayton. If this place was so bad, why does he spend so much time talking about it here. Crayton needs to shut the hell up. Crayton is a bad apple.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:10 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Do you have a link?

I don't believe that.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Well, I'm sure he got away with some, but consider the source of most of this - Crayton. If this place was so bad, why does he spend so much time talking about it here. Crayton needs to shut the hell up. Crayton is a bad apple.
Yeah, I thought it was hilarious that Crayton is still talking about the Cowboys. What a turd. He's the jealous ex girlfriend who's upset she got dumped for a hotter chick.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...or-dez-bryant/
Old 01-18-2011, 04:17 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

LOL^

Trading Dez Bryant.. I wouldn't take the entire New York Giants team for dez bryant.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
LOL^

Trading Dez Bryant.. I wouldn't take the entire New York Giants team for dez bryant.
You would be a complete moron for passing up on that trade haha.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

How so....?

It's Dez Bryant.. He'll play all 22 positions, coach, and fill the water cooler.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I laughed my ass off when my friend texted me over and over again telling me to watch ESPN because they were talking about Dez possibly being traded. I laughed even harder when "an unnamed team source" simply was reported to have said they would think about trading him. It just sounds like Watkins is trying to grab publicity by either making **** up or intentionally turning someone's words around to look like they were thinking of trading Dez.

Even if the source actually said that it was probably in response to a silly question.

Watkins: Would you trade Dez if some team offered you 4 first round picks?
Team Source:...Uhhh we think about trading him if that's the case.
Watkins: OMG they're thinking of trading Dez! *goes to post story*

Or maybe they're saying that to light a fire like Macarthur said, but I don't buy it that much. They could have easily had Garrett come out and say that Dez needs to work harder, or he could have used some clever euphemisms that would be more effective. This "story" just sounds like ******** just to get people talking. I was amused by it though, and I appreciate the comedy.

Crayton does sound too bitter. I know I'm a homer for the guy, but right now he should just go on about his business instead of talking about his ex-team.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:26 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

In all serious, Jerry would never trade him.

Did you see what he did this season? Rookies don't come into the NFL and do what he did. That's rare type stuff. Randy Moss, Adrian Peterson, Tony Dorsett type stuff.

If they traded him, I would seriously contemplate not being a cowboys fan.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:42 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Rob Ryan still not official is beginning to seem fishy to me..
Old 01-18-2011, 05:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Patrick Crayton was Ed Werner's inside rat. So happy he's gone. What a loser.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Rob Ryan still not official is beginning to seem fishy to me..
I heard they were waiting to make the announcement of him and the rest of the coaching changes all at one time. John Garrett as passing coordinator, Hudson Houck as running coordinator, Bruce Matthews/Dan Campbell as assistant OL coach and Rob Ryan, DC. The assistant OL coach thing is probably what's holding this all up. They haven't decided yet. I hope they go with Matthews.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In all serious, Jerry would never trade him.

Did you see what he did this season? Rookies don't come into the NFL and do what he did. That's rare type stuff. Randy Moss, Adrian Peterson, Tony Dorsett type stuff.

If they traded him, I would seriously contemplate not being a cowboys fan.
Randy Moss- 69 catches, 1,313 yards, 19.0 ypc, 17 TD
Adrian Peterson- 238 carries, 1,341 yards, 5.6 ypc, 12 TD, 14 rec, 268 yards, 14.1 ypc, 1 TD
Tony Dorsett- 208 carries, 1,007 yards, 12 TD, 29 rec, 273 yards, 9.4 ypc, 1 TD
Dez Bryant- 45 catches, 561 yards, 12.5 ypc, 6 TD, 15 PR, 215 yards, 14.3 ypc, 2 TD.

Bryant wasn't anywhere near the same galaxy as Moss, Peterson and Dorsett. I really, really like Dez, but you're overrating him so badly that it's nauseating.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:26 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Randy Moss- 69 catches, 1,313 yards, 19.0 ypc, 17 TD
Adrian Peterson- 238 carries, 1,341 yards, 5.6 ypc, 12 TD, 14 rec, 268 yards, 14.1 ypc, 1 TD
Tony Dorsett- 208 carries, 1,007 yards, 12 TD, 29 rec, 273 yards, 9.4 ypc, 1 TD
Dez Bryant- 45 catches, 561 yards, 12.5 ypc, 6 TD, 15 PR, 215 yards, 14.3 ypc, 2 TD.

Bryant wasn't anywhere near the same galaxy as Moss, Peterson and Dorsett. I really, really like Dez, but you're overrating him so badly that it's nauseating.
No, I'm not. Dez didn't even start, missed all of training camp, and tony romo went down in the 5th game of the year, and dez missed 4 games himself..

Stat's don't play into my statement in any way whatsoever.

Did you not see the plays Dez made? If you don't think he will be top 3-5 in the league for the next decade barring injury, then your just in denial as an eagles fan.

I know you said you like Dez, but he deserves more credit than you are giving him.

Even non-cowboy related people talk about how good he is. Tom Coughlin said the catch he made out of bounds falling away from the ball against the texans was the best catch he has ever seen in his life... HIS LIFE!!

Mike Fransceco on WFAN was talking about how Dez is from mars because his physical tools are just to good.

I wouldn't want to play him in my division either, but your not giving him enough credit.

He is a phemon.

EDIT: PS- When he is walking to the endzone after burning Asante next year, hopefully you garner more respect.

I know you like that one.. :)
Old 01-18-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Even if the source actually said that it was probably in response to a silly question.

Watkins: Would you trade Dez if some team offered you 4 first round picks?
Team Source:...Uhhh we think about trading him if that's the case.
Watkins: OMG they're thinking of trading Dez! *goes to post story*
This is the biggest non-story ever. It's so ridiculous that it's making national headlines. Goes to show exactly how big the 'Boys are in ratings. It was based on a hypothetical question from the benandskin show, basically asking callers if they would trade Dez for a 1st/3rd/5th or something ridiculous.

Infact you can see it here:
http://www.facebook.com/benandskin/p...75721369131462
Posted yesterday at 11:00am..

Somehow that peaked Watkins' interest and he decided to write an article about it...and asked "somebody in the front office", and of course they'd say "Yea....we'd listen to offers". They wouldn't be doing their jobs otherwise. This would apply to EVERY SINGLE PLAYER in the league, from Tom Brady to Adrian Peterson, etc, etc.

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 01-18-2011 at 06:50 PM.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Anyways... thought I'd make note... the reason why the Patriots are out of the playoffs despite excellent coaching, an excellent QB and an excellent OL was the weak play of their WRs. Once NY shutdown Tate and Branch on the outside, they brought inside help from the safeties to help shutdown anything Welker and the TEs were trying to run inside.

Amazing what the Jets secondary did. I know people here love to credit the front 7, but it's the Jets secondary that outmatches the talent level of their front 7 and they did a job on the Pats.

...and this is a clip from Insider...

Oshiomogho Atogwe and the St. Louis Rams both have important decisions to make in the near future, as noted by Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. On Feb. 7, Atogwe can void the final two years of his contract, becoming a free agent. On Feb. 21, if Atogwe has not voided the deal, the Rams must either pay him $8 million or release him. Even for the folks who haven't taken a game theory class, the choice seems clear for Atogwe: keep the contract intact and put the pressure back on the Rams to pay him or release him.

Thomas opines that the two sides may elect to restructure Atogwe's deal in order to keep him in St. Louis at a more palatable rate.

Last summer, Atogwe was a restricted free agent with the lowest tender, and no teams bit on signing him, as the Rams had right of first refusal. He might draw more interest as an unrestricted free agent this time around, but may not be able to land a deal on the level of his current pact with the Rams.

We need to watch this situation carefully.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
So I'm a hater (despite being one of Bryant's biggest fans on this site) because I don't think his rookie year was as good as Moss', Peterson's or Dorsett's?

Wow...just wow.
I vouch for Sniper being a big time Dez fan.

Our fans need to realize that you can't compare Dez's rookie year based off prorated stats. The facts are facts. We cannot say "what if" he was healthy. He wasn't. Therefore we cannot make the comparisons and be fair about ourselves. If you want to say his talent is equal to theirs... well, you might have a more arguable case. But... who's to say, really? Let's just feel really good about him without talking about his HOF induction speech. OK?
Old 01-18-2011, 07:54 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
This is the biggest non-story ever. It's so ridiculous that it's making national headlines. Goes to show exactly how big the 'Boys are in ratings. It was based on a hypothetical question from the benandskin show, basically asking callers if they would trade Dez for a 1st/3rd/5th or something ridiculous.

Infact you can see it here:
http://www.facebook.com/benandskin/p...75721369131462
Posted yesterday at 11:00am..

Somehow that peaked Watkins' interest and he decided to write an article about it...and asked "somebody in the front office", and of course they'd say "Yea....we'd listen to offers". They wouldn't be doing their jobs otherwise. This would apply to EVERY SINGLE PLAYER in the league, from Tom Brady to Adrian Peterson, etc, etc.
I guess they have to have something Cowboy related since they're not in the playoffs and the Super Bowl is here this year. It's so stupid that people are even looking at this as a serious thing. Who the hell trades their first round stud after their rookie year? Especially someone like Jerry Jones who made a big push to get him in the first place? This is why I don't watch ESPN outside of actual sport events. They take crap like this and run with it like idiots.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:19 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I never got to post my comments about the Rob Ryan hiring(what looks to be) but I was wanting to be all over him from Day 1, I just didn't think we would do it. Didn't seem like the type of signing our team would make, we would typically sign someone we never heard of, promoted up because he worked with Garrett to piss everyone off.

This is the type of signing to make everyone excited about next season. He knows the 3-4 very well, he attacks and uses alot of pressure, he's never had a pass-rusher as good as Ware is for any of his teams, and we don't have to worry about going out to get new players to fit a new scheme.

I either wanted him, Capers, or Nolan so I was ecstatic about our plans for him. Now hopefully we give him some input into the draft, and let him bring in a few guys that he knows he can work with, whether it be on the D-line or LB.

I'm gonna be a bit more awol I just changed schools, got a football scholarship to go out 2 kansas so I havent had a chance to set up internet or get acclomated just yet, but this was the only piece of information I was following and hoping got finalized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote