Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-14-2011, 03:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
What happened with DeAndre McDaniel, did he really have that bad of a year?
He's not in my Top 5. I'd take him in the 4th round and be happy. 3rd round would make me say, "eh, ok."
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:01 PM    (permalink
21BoysFan21
Rookie

21BoysFan21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would rather bring in a veteran FA safety to fortify the position... maybe Huff, Pool, or Weddle. The guy doesn't have to be spectacular. He just has to not be Alan Ball. This is a position where I think we can find a fairly cheap yet effective option and use those 2nd-3rd round picks elsewhere (OL).
21BoysFan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21BoysFan21 View Post
I would rather bring in a veteran FA safety to fortify the position... maybe Huff, Pool, or Weddle. The guy doesn't have to be spectacular. He just has to not be Alan Ball. This is a position where I think we can find a fairly cheap yet effective option and use those 2nd-3rd round picks elsewhere (OL).
I agree. I'd also add that I'd like to add an OL via FA too!
Old 02-16-2011, 03:31 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What free agency are you guys talking about? Last I checked the CBA is about as bad as you could picture it at for this far in the process. When the owners file a complaint against the players union...i think you can kiss any FA that would contribute good bye...

It's really pointless to even talk about until this whole thing is settled.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:08 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's pointless to be serious about, but this forum is a blast to bring it different ideas and thoughts.

D-U, what FA OL would you like to see us target? As you know, I am a huge Carimi fan, so I don't want us bringing in a guy who will keep him from getting on the field. All of this is hypothetical, but what isn't at this point!
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not D, but I would love Carimi and would love it if we could bring in Blalock at G. I think adding Blalock and CArimi would be a huge boost.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:36 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mac - Great call on Blalock. I loved him coming out of Texas. Why hasn't Atlanta shown more interest in signing him? Does he just want to be out of there? Any insight?
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:06 PM    (permalink
21BoysFan21
Rookie

21BoysFan21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTPATS View Post
Mac - Great call on Blalock. I loved him coming out of Texas. Why hasn't Atlanta shown more interest in signing him? Does he just want to be out of there? Any insight?
Atlanta runs a zone blocking scheme, and Blalock, while a good OG, never really fit their scheme from what I can tell.
21BoysFan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing is, with NE putting the franchise tag on Mankins, that just made Blalock's price go up.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 02-16-2011, 07:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
What free agency are you guys talking about? Last I checked the CBA is about as bad as you could picture it at for this far in the process. When the owners file a complaint against the players union...i think you can kiss any FA that would contribute good bye...

It's really pointless to even talk about until this whole thing is settled.
I have a solution. Let's stop talking about football.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:18 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I have a solution. Let's stop talking about football.
Want me to start talking about madden trades...no offense but anyone talking about FA right now is essentially talking about stuff that will happen in madden. Unless a player was cut before the CBA ran out...it seems pointless to talk aobut what could be...I understand this is a draft site and we like to talk about what will/can happen...but FA at this point is something that we don't even know when will happen. Atleast the draft is static...we know when and where we will be on draft day...FA itself is a complete unknown let alone the players and the team they are on. The fun of this site is talking about what comes to frutition...i can honestly say there is no greater feeling on this site but saying "i was right" or "i called where we were going"...talking about **** that is completely arbitrary is a waste of time imo.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Want me to start talking about madden trades...no offense but anyone talking about FA right now is essentially talking about stuff that will happen in madden. Unless a player was cut before the CBA ran out...it seems pointless to talk aobut what could be...I understand this is a draft site and we like to talk about what will/can happen...but FA at this point is something that we don't even know when will happen. Atleast the draft is static...we know when and where we will be on draft day...FA itself is a complete unknown let alone the players and the team they are on. The fun of this site is talking about what comes to frutition...i can honestly say there is no greater feeling on this site but saying "i was right" or "i called where we were going"...talking about **** that is completely arbitrary is a waste of time imo.
No sense talking about the draft either considering without a CBA there won't be an NFL season and hence whoever we draft will be as meaningless as the impossible FAs...

How about we surround everything with a [THE CBA WILL BE SIGNED AT SOME POINT] so we don't have to continue this silly discussion about the importance / relevance of the topics >.<

Back on topic: we'll have to see whether teams can actually 'legally' use the franchise tags. Blalock would be an expensive catch either way regardless of Mankins.

Last edited by Trogdor : 02-17-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:04 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Thule how about we just shut down the cowboys forum, that'd work for you? What harm is it doing anyone to discuss potential FA options? If they work out a CBA in 3 weeks, should we all rush to spam our thoughts that we were forbidden to talk about before?

If you don't want to chime in with FA discussion then don't, simple as that. I don't see how your contributing by telling people to not talk about it, or how pointless it is. It's actually more pointless to do what your doing IMO.

We all know the uncertainty surrounding the CBA, but I am 100% certain every other team is still gonna discuss options, as we as fans can still do. Hell D listed a great FA plan a few pages ago and I had no idea Blalock was a FA until that point, and after doing research would be an excellent signing for us, not as big of an upgrade as Mankins but cheaper and a bigger chance of happening.

It's about 50/50 ATL brings him back, but with him picking up his play he looks like a good sign.

Not really sure how talking about FA correlates to you saying it's like discussing Madden trades. Seeing as how FA can still actually happen, and Madden trades will never be realistic. Isn't it easier to just overlook that portion if you think it won't happen and just focus on the draft then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by baghdadbob View Post
Pot / Kettle / Funny.
Care to elaborate on your sarcasm? You don't have a history here to be talking like that. Or do you Bob???
Old 02-17-2011, 06:11 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is awesome....

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...ory?id=6133043

Quote:
IRVING, Texas -- New Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan's goal for his first meeting with the Valley Ranch media was to be "humble and boring."

But Ryan, the big-mouthed, big-bellied son of longtime NFL coach Buddy and twin brother of New York Jets coach Rex, couldn't help himself.

He vowed -- and swore -- that a team that allowed the second-most points in the league last season (27.3 per game) would feature a dominant defense again.

"The problems and all that? Hey, I'm not here to farm anybody else's land," Ryan said. "I'm going to do a great [expletive] job and you're going to see that."

After a brief pause, Ryan smirked and offered a half-hearted apology for the profanity.

"Sorry. Only one so far," said Ryan, who saw humor in his father's hatred of the Cowboys during Buddy's days as the head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles and Arizona Cardinals. "I was guarded early, but hell, that's on me."
Some funny quotes in there but some football stuff as well, he kinda hints that Ratliff will stay at Nose.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:28 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read a quote from Shaun Rodgers talking about Rob Ryan, he said he's gonna bring that same swagger here just like Rex and I love it. Maybe our defense will play with some passion and confidence, once the guys buy into the system.

One thing I will say in retrospect of taking a DE, as long as Rob Ryan gets a say so, and can take his guy I'm all for it. If he likes 1 of the guys in the top 10 above and beyond the others.

We gave Wade the same benefit, Rob should get it too. Not like Garrett is gonna be picking defensive players. I hope he takes a look at what needs upgraded and goes after it.

Quote:
Old 02-18-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6135553

Bob Sanders was released today. Would he be worth taking a chance on him? Maybe a modest 2 year deal. I don't see him getting much money on the open market.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

If he's healthy, that's exactly what we need, but that's a big if.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 02-18-2011, 05:43 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OJ Atogwe released by the Rams today, make up for your mistake last year Jerruhhh
Old 02-18-2011, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Atogwe / Huff / Weddle / Sanders

We have to sign at least one of them... right?
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:38 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Atogwe / Huff / Weddle / Sanders

We have to sign at least one of them... right?
Also Landry, Mikell, and D. Manning....All would be upgrades for us!

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:06 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As long as they get one of those guys listed at safety I would be happy. If they get Sanders I would really go for someone else for insurance. He's only played nine games in the past three seasons.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:34 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6135553

Bob Sanders was released today. Would he be worth taking a chance on him? Maybe a modest 2 year deal. I don't see him getting much money on the open market.
No he's not worth a chance. Not even close to it. For one he needs to go to a Cover 2 team like the Bucs or the Bears, for two he'd be a waste of money. He can't even make it through 2 months of the season. At least Huff or Atogwe could finish out the season. I'd just rather get Huff since he's cheaper, he can play SS(since there are better FS prospects in the draft), and he can cover the TE really well. He's not a longterm fix, but I'd absolutely love to have Rahim Moore and Michael Huff as our two safeties next season.

Quote:
Old 02-19-2011, 09:04 PM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default FA

Cowboys should be a better team if they could sign Michael Huff, Paul Soliai, and Justin Blalock.
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:38 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's taken his talents to Dallas, but longtime Patriots strength and conditioning coach Mike Woicik was recognized by his peers for his work in his final season in New England.

Woicik was named the 2010 NFL Strength Coach of the Year by his peers around the league yesterday. It is the third time in his career that Woicik was recognized for his work.

Earlier this month, Woicik -- one of Bill Belichick's first hires when he took over as Patriots head coach in 2000 -- left the team and returned to Dallas, where he previously had worked from 1990-96.

Welcome back!!!!

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote