Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 05-29-2011, 05:40 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default WR and how many to keep.

I think when the lockout ends their will be some kind of roster size. I think we might have each team add a couple of slots. I think that will one of the things that might last this year and might extend for a couple of years. I think adding 3 to 5 players might be important because of the time before the season starts.

I also think Injured Reserve should be revisited so that some players can come back in 2-4 weeks or 4-6 weeks. I don't think u can stash players on the injured reserve but their should be a system in place to keep injured players on ur roster for the whole year and not rush thm back to play.

I think 55 or 56 rosters would be ok......
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:03 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sure am getting spoiled being in DFW lately. Rangers make the World Series, Mavs win the Finals, SB was at least in Dallas as was the NBA All Star game. We had a good chance to try and 3 peat sports, woulda been awesome :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:05 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Way to resurrect a dead thread. lol. Oh football, I miss you. Hopefully this thread will be put to some good use this year. :(

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:26 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, maybe a FA period will get the thread more lively lol. At least there should be a bunch of safeties.

Quote:
Old 06-21-2011, 01:52 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...allas-cowboys/

This is a must read. Alot of us have been trying to tell the masses about how good Stephen Bowen has been. Yet I read an ESPN article the other day and our most underrated player was Jay Ratliff according to him. You know, the All Pro Jay Ratliff who has been consistently making pro bowls :-/

PF Focus has him rated as the 3rd most effective DE in the 3-4 base, also talks about how he should have been starting over Spears in 2010.

Same statistics they put out, has Free rated as the 5th best pass blocking Tackle last year. Pretty high praise, which is why Tyron is going to RT next year.

Quote:
Old 06-21-2011, 03:16 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

a little life in this thread? lol

I saw those articles too, hopefully Bowen has a breakout season because on paper we look awfully average at DE.

Hopefully this lockout is over with in the coming weeks, I need some football! (and an Aso signing in FA wouldn't hurt either).
Old 06-21-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Aso is down to Philly or us, I think it's pretty easy to figure that out. Nobody else is gonna have the $, or the right fit, or be willing to give him that much money.

Quote:
Old 06-23-2011, 09:19 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay with a CBA hopefully around the corner in July sometime, I decided to come back. Good to see activity picking up a bit.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 07:57 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparantly Deion Sanders' son was hasselled by security at that same mall Dez had that "Sag-gate" episode. Not gonna lie, it brought a smile to my face after the way Deion threw Dez under the bus. Karma's a *****.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/b...hschool-wp3357

Last edited by TheFinisher : 07-02-2011 at 08:02 AM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:50 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

How did Deion throw him under the bus? I must have missed something, I haven't been keeping up much with those summer stories though.

Quote:
Old 07-02-2011, 02:58 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
How did Deion throw him under the bus? I must have missed something, I haven't been keeping up much with those summer stories though.
dig in - I'm pretty sure this is what he was talking about. This was back in march.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...ory?id=6257358

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
dig in - I'm pretty sure this is what he was talking about. This was back in march.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...ory?id=6257358

Holy ****, I never read any of that before. That made me lose alot of respect for Deion, granted I don't know what happened and why he feels so upset towards Dez but he put him on blast pretty much. Dez took the high route, Deion pretty much took a **** on his character through the media, real classy.

Quote:
Old 07-02-2011, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Jamaal-Football
Rookie

Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Holy ****, I never read any of that before. That made me lose alot of respect for Deion, granted I don't know what happened and why he feels so upset towards Dez but he put him on blast pretty much. Dez took the high route, Deion pretty much took a **** on his character through the media, real classy.
What makes it worse is that he was a guy that was supposed to look over him and shield him from the media storms that would without a doubt brew over any small controversial story dealing with him. He went from acting like a big brother, to a rejected ex-girlfriend. Don't know what all the bitterness is about.
Jamaal-Football is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:38 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaal-Football View Post
What makes it worse is that he was a guy that was supposed to look over him and shield him from the media storms that would without a doubt brew over any small controversial story dealing with him. He went from acting like a big brother, to a rejected ex-girlfriend. Don't know what all the bitterness is about.
Could it be the kid is as bad as he is made out to be?

Putting fandom aside -- where there is smoke ...
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post

Or, and more likely, is it that Dez became the spotlight and Deion's ego couldn't stomach it? Perhaps Dez kicked him to the curb and decided he didn't want Deion's voice in his ear.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:42 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post

He hasn't done anything........really anything that Deion didn't do as a youngster in the league, and many others before and after him.

I think it had more to do with Deion having an Under Armour endorsement and kickbacks for getting Dez to sign...which he did, but decided not to wear last season because he liked the way Nike's fit better. Dez even said after the UA fiasco that Deion stopped talking to him.

UA is a huge outfitter for Deion & and his camps....(I used to work there and see him in the office quite frequently). It's sickening that the dude would stand behind the likes of Pacman and Tank Johnson and not Dez.

I guess those two were just "bad apples", not bad apples that messed with Deion's money.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:54 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Fair enough points, but to me, both are dysfunctional narcissists. Defending one individual's behavior using the party's poor behavior seems misplaced.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:40 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe? But I wasn't defending Dez as a person.....just him in relation to this Deion mentor issue.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:21 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Bottom line is Dez hasn't done anything that will impact the team negatively, and that's all I (and I imagine most fans) care about. Whatever he does with his money is his business and has nothing to do with the Dallas Cowboys. He could buy as many chains and obnoxious medallions as he wants as long as he's still on the field producing. As far as his relationship with Deion, who cares? That's strictly between them, Deion is not apart of the team.

Dez comes off a little rough because of how he grew up, and the media loves to pounce on guys like that. BUT like I said, he hasn't done anything that will impact the team negatively, he's still going to be out there on the first snap of the 2011 season and that hasn't changed. We can speculate on what his future holds all we want but at the end of the day it's just speculation. Whether he will be a HOF or wind up in jail, no one knows. At the moment he's just an extremely talented young receiver who sometimes reminds us that he's still a 22 year old kid. This idea the media has created that he's some kind of demon seed makes me laugh.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 07-09-2011 at 11:31 AM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:27 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Bottom line is Dez hasn't done anything that will impact the team negatively, and that's all I (and I imagine most fans) care about. Whatever he does with his money is his business and has nothing to do with the Dallas Cowboys. He could buy as many chains and obnoxious medallions as he wants as long as he's still on the field producing. As far as his relationship with Deion, who cares? That's strictly between them, Deion is not apart of the team.

Dez comes off a little rough because of how he grew up, and the media loves to pounce on guys like that. BUT like I said, he hasn't done anything that will impact the team negatively, he's still going to be out there on the first snap of the 2011 season and that hasn't changed. We can speculate on what his future holds all we want but at the end of the day it's just speculation. Whether he will be a HOF or wind up in jail, no one knows. At the moment he's just an extremely talented young receiver who sometimes reminds us that he's still a 22 year old kid. This idea the media has created that he's some kind of demon seed makes me laugh.
I guess but this stuff usually gets back into the locker room in some fashion -- sooner or later.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:14 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Let me know when he gets arrested. As in, actual criminal charges. Until then, we can do this song and dance every off-season for all I care. Brandon Marshall and Kenny Britt are about to be suspended and miss games, possibly a season, and have an arrest record a mile long.

Yet with Dez were talking about his lay away procedures and his relationship with someone who doesn't even play for the Cowboys.

Yea....Call me a fanboy, or whatever for feeling that way, but I could care less about any of this. Certainly interesting to read about Deion, but again, when he does something that causes him to miss games I'll consider myself concerned.

Quote:
Old 07-21-2011, 09:43 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a shot in the dark, but why not convert Barber to FB and restructure his deal. That is if he'd be willing to take a pretty big pay cut.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:02 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No. That's just pointless, and he'd be the most expensive FB ever, even if he somehow restructured and agreed to do so. He'd be undersized for the position and under utilized in our offense. There are a bunch of teams that still think he has something to offer at the RB position. And there is no way he'd be game for such a move anyway. The FB position is just not an offensively productive position these days. Its been phased out. And the teams that still do use FBs, use them almost strictly as lead blockers. And as for us, assuming he's healthy, John Phillips will probably see a nice portion of those FB snaps again. Bennett sees time there as well, and then of course we'll have two fully capable lead blockers in either Gronkowski or Capas as the starter. Both of which are much better fits for our FB position, given their playing style and bulk. Barber has always been a fine pass blocker, and he's a strong dude for his size, but he'd more than likely get mauled out there as a lead blocker.

There is just no reason to keep the expensive Barber around anymore. He's no where near the player he used to be, and his release saves us a nice sum of cash. He had a good run.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-21-2011 at 10:06 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:50 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Lockout is over, now let's get down to business.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think the odds are on getting Free signed?

I"m not particularly optimistic. I say only 33%.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote