Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 07-25-2011, 11:53 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

100%........

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:47 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
What do you guys think the odds are on getting Free signed?

I"m not particularly optimistic. I say only 33%.
I'm fairly confident. A little less confident if there's no grace period for teams to sign their own players.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:51 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Undrafted FA

If anybody has any info on Undrafted FA signing with the Cowboys please post. I hope to wake up tomorrow to see we have at least signed a few top-rated FA. Can't wait til it all starts tomorrow..all the deals....trades and signings.

All u insiders please use ur sources to keep the rest of us informed.
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlopez1 View Post
If anybody has any info on Undrafted FA signing with the Cowboys please post. I hope to wake up tomorrow to see we have at least signed a few top-rated FA. Can't wait til it all starts tomorrow..all the deals....trades and signings.

All u insiders please use ur sources to keep the rest of us informed.
My sources (a little birdie in my head) say the Cowboys will be as quiet as a mouse when FA opens.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:34 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cowboys Undrafted FA signings:

Cowboys
Mario Butler (CB, Cowboys)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqyyheby7YA

http://ramblinwreck.cstv.com/sports/...r_mario00.html

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...r=2011&genpos=

Kevin Kowalski (OC, Toledo)

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...=2011&genpos=C

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1264071

Chris Randle (CB, Utah State)

http://www.utahstateaggies.com/sport...e_chris00.html

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2011&genpos=CB

Jose Acuna (OL, Nevada)

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 07-25-2011 at 10:59 PM.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:27 AM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Thanks

DC.....I know we might not be that active in FA, but I was talking about undrafted FA.

Thanks!!!! Freshboy.....

Let's keep them going all day Tuesday.
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:26 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is going to be weird for us...because we cant cut players until Thursday and we cant renegotiate contracts until Friday. Seems like that could be a little problematic regarding outside free agent signings. We have no money until Thursday/Friday...so I dont see how we're going to get concrete agreements with FAs between now and then.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-26-2011, 06:49 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I also saw we signed Lyle Leong. I like it. Leong is a much better athlete than given credit for. And sure it was Texas Tech, but 19 Tds is 19 Tds. I wish we signed Tori Gurley, though.

Oh and Dan Bailey, too. Good news, good news. Bailey's a solid kicker, he'll have a shot. I still want to spend a pick on Blair Walsh next year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-26-2011 at 06:52 AM.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:22 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
This is going to be weird for us...because we cant cut players until Thursday and we cant renegotiate contracts until Friday. Seems like that could be a little problematic regarding outside free agent signings. We have no money until Thursday/Friday...so I dont see how we're going to get concrete agreements with FAs between now and then.
We can renegotiate contracts now, just cannot have them inked until Friday @ 6pm.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:29 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Well yeah...but the money isnt actually there yet. There is tons of readily available money out there right now. Since we cant even cut players/renegotiate until Thursday and Friday, it just seems like it's just going to be a mess for us. Damn near everyone is well below the cap, and techincally we wont have any cash until possibly Friday to spend. A great deal of the FAs are obviously going to agree in priniciple as quickly as possible, and without us actually having any money right away, we may get screwed a bit here.

Our money is cloudy, because you cant rework your player's contracts until Friday. And cuts alone wont get Dallas under, more than likely. It's just messy...what are they going to do? Make Free an offer without even having a concrete idea of how much they have to spend? And without the money being readily available? It just kind of sucks, because Free is going to be getting tons of lucrative offers between now and then. Among other Cowboys and outside FAs. I expect Free back, but this is just an odd situation.

It's just weird with the way they set up the off-season schedule. It seems like a big disadvantage for teams over the cap.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-26-2011, 09:36 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

While we cannot officially cut anyone until Thursday, I'm sure either publicly or in private we will have notified certain players of their demise. I'd like to see the following happen.

Cut: Davis, Barber(hate saying it, but it needs done)
Renegotiate: Newman(if we cannot get him down, then cut)

Unfortunately I think were stuck with Williams. I highly doubt he'd renegotiate his deal with us. It's not like we cannot get production out of him. I just don't think he'll be a starter anymore.

This should free up a little space for us to make some moves that are needed. I.E. Resign Free, Kosier and Bowen. Then we need to sign two safeties. I say let Sensabaugh go. Target Huff and Landry/Mikel/Weddle. Then we need to make a move at guard. Dahl or Blalock might not cost too too much.

Outside of that, maybe a kicker.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:39 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

But anyway...if what I've read is correct. We're looking at creating about $17.47 million after reworking Romo, Austin, and Ware. Then you get that $3 million credit per the new CBA. So that's $20.47 million. And then an additional $9ish million by cutting Barber, Colombo, and Davis. So essentially, I'd imagine, we're looking at like $11 millionish in free space, assuming our salary cap exceedings are still sitting at $18 million or so.

We'll need to re-sign at least...Free, Bowen, and Kosier. This still leaves us with a hole at RG and safetyless. So obviously we're going to have get creative. Hooray for signing bonuses, accompanied by small base salaries. Even though, these backloaded contracts will absolutely kill us in the future.

I couldnt tell ya, how were going to pull this off exactly, though. I wouldnt put anything past out front office, it's just hard to project.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-26-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:45 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
While we cannot officially cut anyone until Thursday, I'm sure either publicly or in private we will have notified certain players of their demise. I'd like to see the following happen.

Cut: Davis, Barber(hate saying it, but it needs done)
Renegotiate: Newman(if we cannot get him down, then cut)

Unfortunately I think were stuck with Williams. I highly doubt he'd renegotiate his deal with us. It's not like we cannot get production out of him. I just don't think he'll be a starter anymore.

This should free up a little space for us to make some moves that are needed. I.E. Resign Free, Kosier and Bowen. Then we need to sign two safeties. I say let Sensabaugh go. Target Huff and Landry/Mikel/Weddle. Then we need to make a move at guard. Dahl or Blalock might not cost too too much.

Outside of that, maybe a kicker.
Sure you can tell potential FAs whatever you want. But it's def. going to cloud things up. Considering there is so much readily available cash everywhere else. We're going to be seeing players agreeing to sign for large sums well before actually signing on Friday. The order of operations they chose, could make things a little tougher for us.

We wont sign a K, we have three on the roster as it is...after signing UDFA Dan Bailey today. Luckily, he's a former Lou Groza award winner, who can hit from 50 out. Solid signing.

As far as signing two FAs of that caliber. I just dont see it, way too pricy. Weddle and Dahl def. wont be available, either. Weddle is bound to go back to San Diego and Dahl is expected to be incredibly pricy on the open market. The Falcons want him back, but dont know if they can afford him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-26-2011, 10:23 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerry just said that all players that will be cut will be told by COB today, and all FA's they want to attempt to sign will be contacted today.

Doug Free was also in the building at 9AM apparently.

While it's still "murky" on how the FO is going to get all this done, I think at the end of the day they're not in any worst position than any other team. You have to be under the salary cap by the deadline. How that happens is irrelevant from what I understand. So its pretty conceivable that the FO is re-negotiationg contracts as I type this, the cuts are being sent to the league office, and FA offer/negotiations will be started today, so by COB today the Cowboys should know exactly how much they'll have to work with.. Some very smart people that get paid a lot of money to handle these things, and I just don't see a scenario where they don't get what they want done based on timeline.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:38 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

It's not really up to Dallas. What I was saying is when Dallas is kind of speaking with "hypothetical" money. It's not as appealing as the actual daunting amount of available cash being thrown at FAs. It does kind of put us at a bit of a disadvantage. Making cap projections, opposed to having all the funds readily in front of you, is a disadvantage, when trying to sell a FA and his agent on your team. The order of ops schedule was just created in a stupid manner.

As for Free...I fully expect him back. I'm still not worried about this...it's going to get done, it's just going to be incredibly expensive.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-26-2011, 10:52 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

That's my point, it's not hypothetical money. It's hypothetical to us because we don't know the moves they're making behind the scenes, but the contract offers to FA's aren't "hypothetical", they may have some contingencies, but it's no more hypothetical than a team that's currently under the cap.
By some point today the Cowboys will know EXACTLY where they are at cap wise, the timeline doesn't change the bidding on FA's, IMO.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:06 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

It depends on the actual client, more so than Dallas. When there is that much money out there already, you go get it. Dallas may tell you one thing, regarding cap projections based on soon to happen cuts/restructures. But the really "guaranteed" money, is out there already. This could have effect on specific clients/players. No not all. But it could certainly be within a player's best interest to take more of a guarantee, than accept an agreement in principle to come aboard Dallas. Who still has restructuring to do, along with the re-signing of our own guys. While Dallas may have a realistic idea of what they'll have...it may scare away some players, knowing Dallas has work to do and may possibly neg on such an agreement in principle, causing the player in question, to lose out on that **** ton of available cash that's going to be thrown around, elsewhere. And that's not Dallas' fault...cuts/restructuring should have been placed in the forefront of the order of operations.

Hopefully, I'm just reading into things too much. And it has no barring. But again, the whole way they set this thing up is idiotic. But I'm also assuming that agreements will be made public before Friday. Otherwise, it may have no effect at all.

Whatever the case is...on another note, I'm assuming we're going forward with roughly $11 million like I posted before. So this should be interesting. Jerry said they can clear up enough room to sign anyone they want however...so yeah. We'll see. :/

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-26-2011 at 11:18 AM.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:17 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Oh sure...but at the end of the day, if Free or any other FA is leaving a dallas offer on the table, it's because Dallas got outbid. There's just nothing the front office can do about that...no matter how the timeline played out. There's only so much restructuring/cutting they can do at this point. Again, the FO should know what they can offer down to the penny by COB today.

I think you're reading into things too much. These are big boys, if Free gets offered a huge contract from Dallas...pending cuts/restructuring...there's no way he's thinking they reneg on that contract....If he signs elsewhere, its because that other team offered more.

On another note...Bowen wants back in Dallas.

I wonder if there's any way imaginable that the 'Boys can go after Weddle? Doubtful, but I'd really like to see him with a star on his helmet.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:22 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I wasnt talking about Free...I was talking about outside FAs. I already said I expect Free back for sure. I expect Free, Kosier, and Bowen back.

As for Weddle...he wants to stay in SD and they've made him their top priority. It would cost a lot to lure him away.

As I edited up there...I saw Jerry comment that we can clear enough room to sign anyone we want. I'll believe that when I see it. That said, I've been thinking we'd sign a Huff or Elam and mid levelish G, along with our own guys. That would have made me somewhat happy. But he seems to think we can do more. We'll just have to see. Any insanely lucrative deals are just going to hurt the team financially in the long run. Going to be pretty far over the cap next year as well, with the cap penalities and new deals.

Obviously signing bonuses and small base salaries will help us sign our guys and outside talent. But the financial problems these cause in the future will be more and more difficult to over come.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-26-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:26 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Yea, we just gotta be patient and hope they have a plan.
At the end of the day, I don't see the timeline being a problem.

We just have to get younger with any FA move they make. I don't want Nmandi for a massive contract whatsoever..

Quote:
Steve Dennis at Ranch: “@cbs11swd: Just talked w Colombo at ranch. Met w Jerry. Nothing decided yet but he sees potential writing on wall”
Looks like Colombo is on his way out.
Gonna be a fun/interesting few days.

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 07-26-2011 at 11:30 AM.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:31 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Colombo is def. gone, same with Barber. Everyone else is in question, though.

I cant wait for this info to start popping up. This is supposed to be a rapid fire of information now, dammit. lol. I want some news.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-26-2011, 12:27 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

News is picking up..
AdamSchefter: Some surprises keep coming: Cowboys informed former Pro Bowl right guard Leonard Davis they will be releasing him this week.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love it.

Columbo and Davis gone. Expecting to hear Barber as well.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Well, that certainly means that Kosier will be back and we need a RG.

Davis getting cut isnt surprising, though. I dont know what Schefter is smoking.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-26-2011, 12:37 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Strange...I wonder what they're doing

Quote:
RT @calvinwatkins: Jimmy Sexton, agent for Marc Colombo, said RT will be cut. But team has changed their minds. It looks like he's staying