Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 07-26-2011, 02:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oggs has to be the most overrated Cowboy in some time. He's held in such high regard for having 10 career receptions. And falling out of favor with the coaches twice over the course of his two year career.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
The dead money doesn't count against the cap, so it bothers me none. Not like Jerry won't be groveling in profits. He's probably got nose hairs made of gold.
It counts again for 2012. Just not this year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-26-2011, 02:58 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad football is back. I was a big Roy believer but I'm done. I'm not sad to see him gone at all. Now it's Barber's time to go. I used to just LOVE the guy, but he's broken down so it's only a matter of time before he gets the walking papers. One thing I really want to see if Buehler gone. He offers nothing right now. His kickoffs suffered last year, and he's not a good kicker at all.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Barber already did get his walking papers.

Roy, Davis, Barber, and Kris Brown were all cut.

Something is going on with Colombo. His agent reported that he was cut this morning, but Dallas hasnt announced it. This could be for a variety of reasons...they may be waiting to see what happens with Free, they may be trying to re-work his deal, maybe they want to trade him, or maybe they have just changed their minds and plan to keep him around to challenge Smith for the RT position. Who knows?

Buehler will get his shot to stick around, I'm sure. Hopefully Bailey beats him out in camp, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-26-2011 at 03:05 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
It counts again for 2012. Just not this year.
Anyone want to show us the future breakdown for each player?

I was under the assumption that Roy's signing bonus was paid off last season. Not sure where the dead money is coming from.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
The dead money doesn't count against the cap, so it bothers me none. Not like Jerry won't be groveling in profits. He's probably got nose hairs made of gold.
I think JJ will be happy to lose money and hopefully fill those roster spots with more capable players.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Barber already did get his walking papers.

Roy, Davis, Barber, and Kris Brown were all cut.

Something is going on with Colombo. His agent reported that he was cut this morning, but Dallas hasnt announced it. This could be for a variety of reasons...they may be waiting to see what happens with Free, they may be trying to re-work his deal, maybe they want to trade him, or maybe they have just changed their minds and plan to keep him around to challenge Smith for the RT position. Who knows?

Buehler will get his shot to stick around, I'm sure. Hopefully Bailey beats him out in camp, though.
I can agree with that list. David getting cut makes me worry a tad about who will replace him, but there is a decent FA market for guards. I understand keeping Columbo around just because you never know what's going to happen. Free and Smith could make a great tandem, but as we have seen in recent years injuries can happen and be a *****. Keeping him around would be a solid insurance plan.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:14 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I really dont see him agreeing to stay on as a backup. I'd imagine it would be something like...you either beat out Smith, or you're cut. Colombo's a notorious head case, I dont see him accepting a backup role.

You dont normally see players who have started for a team for 6 consecutive years, just go to the bench and stick around, anyway.

I hope we can pick up a swing tackle via FA. Good thing for us, is that Tyron Smith essentially would be a starting swing tackle. If Free goes down, you move Smith over and bring up a RT. But that's still a lot to put on Tyron in year one.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-26-2011, 03:19 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Dallas has cleared an ass load of cap room. We're about even now. And then after re-working the deals, we should have $17M+ to spend. They did a great job here. The big thing will be to see how much we have to spend after the Free deal. For all we know, his base salary will be fairly minimal. We def. have freedom to sign a couple of good players. But they'll have to be careful, because of some of the problems they've already caused for next year's cap situation.

That's how Dallas does it, though. They go year to year. They probably wont worry about next year's situation until it comes.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-26-2011, 03:20 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Columbo seemed to regress a bit last year to the point where I don't see many teams going after him as a starter with other tackles in the market.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

He'd find a starters job out there for sure. Leonard Davis will too. Sure they suck, but they'd both find starting work.

But even if he did regress to that point. A player's pride must be factored in. There's a reason you dont normally see long time starters get relegated to the bench and just continue to stick with that team. Most players also wouldnt accept the fact that they're nothing more than a bench player, anyway.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-26-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I"m reading Abran Elam to the boys....but nothing confirmed yet.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this point can we really strong arm Newman into restructuring? If we cut him, that means we need to pick someone up. A starter that can make an impact. Let's not forget that Jenkins regressed last year. So it's not like were set at the other CB position.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
I"m reading Abran Elam to the boys....but nothing confirmed yet.
This wouldn't excite me, but I'd be okay with it.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:41 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Elam is nothing special, but he may be one of our cheaper (to a point) options at safety. He turned himself into a solid pro in Cleveland. I mean, he's not a major upgrade over Sensy...or at all really. A little more sound these days, but he'd be a solid safe addition at safety, if the price was right. Not to mention, he's familiar not only with Dallas but with Ryan, so he'd be a great fit.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-26-2011, 03:44 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Schefter is reporting that Colombo will be cut too.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:10 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Elam is nothing special, but he may be one of our cheaper (to a point) options at safety. He turned himself into a solid pro in Cleveland. I mean, he's not a major upgrade over Sensy...or at all really. A little more sound these days, but he'd be a solid safe addition at safety, if the price was right. Not to mention, he's familiar not only with Dallas but with Ryan, so he'd be a great fit.
Exactly how I feel...a cheap alternative that knows the defense and can be an upgrade/leader out there, a stop gap obviously. I still have really high hopes that AOA can come along here in the next year or two.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I really hope AOA turns into a player, too. I mean, we literally learned nothing about him in his first year. It will be interesting to see how he, Mccray, and Church perform in preseason.

The latter CB position battles should be good fun, too...assuming we go into camp with what we have there. Not a lot of spots for a bunch of corners, in Alan Ball, Josh Thomas, Bryan Mccann, Chris Randle, and Mario Butler. Even if you disregard the undrafted guys...we should see a nice competition between Ball, Thomas, and Mccann. Bryan Mccann def. showed some flashes last year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-26-2011, 04:35 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

LOL! McCann is the little engine that could. I literally wouldn't be surprised if Ryan gives him a bunch of playing time.

As it is...our Secondary situation looks bleak, but I think one good safety signing in Weddle or even Elam will change it for the better.
We have some young corners with a lot of promise. If Jenkins can get back to form, Scandrick continues to play well, and we can restructure Newman's contract I think it'll be a good mix of young talent and veteran leadership.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:45 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

We def. need two safeties. Now that I'm a little less wary of our cash situation...were going to have to do it. What's the alternative? Starting AOA, Church, or Mccray opposite Elam, possibly? eww. Signing two starting safeties in an off-season never sounds like a good idea. But it may have to be done. Luckily, Elam knows the schematics, if he was one of those signings. It still doesnt sound very logical to me. Hell, you dont see a lot of teams going into a season with two new starting safeties in general. But that's where we're headed. Been neglecting the position for years.

As for Newman, a restructure would be nice, given his cap figure. But isnt necessary, given the money we've cleared. He'll be back regardless, unless they pulled Aso out of their asses. Releasing him, just creates another daunting hole to fill.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-26-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:48 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
We def. need two safeties. Now that I'm a little less wary of our cash situation...were going to have to do it. What's the alternative? Starting AOA, Church, or Mccray opposite Elam, possibly? eww. Signing two starting safeties in an off-season never sounds like a good idea. But it may have to be done. Luckily, Elam knows the schematics, if he was one of those signings. It still doesnt sound very logical to me. Hell, you dont see a lot of teams going into a season with two new starting safeties in general. But that's where we're headed. Been neglecting the position for years.

As for Newman, a restructure would be nice, given his cap figure. But isnt necessary, given the money we've cleared. He'll be back regardless, unless they pulled AOA out of their asses. Releasing him, just creates another daunting hole to fill.
I'd be scared if we released Newman. Even though he's not the player he once was a few years ago, he's still valuable to our team and needed at this point. We really need to do a better job addressing our secondary in the draft. We've done a terrible job of drafting secondary in recent years.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Well hopefully...Felix and crew run wild, Tyron Smith turns out to be a stud, Bowen beasts at DE, Spencer gets his act together at OLB, and Jenkins/Scandrick prove beastly once again. Then maybe, maybe, we'll finally draft a S within the first two rounds.

Sad thing is, we could have gone safety in the 1st round for a good 5 years now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-26-2011, 05:57 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Eagles have decided to let all of their 15 unrestricted FAs walk.

Guards...Nick Cole, Reggie Wells, and Max Jean-Gilles would all fit in Dallas nicely. Cole and Jean-Gilles were more casualties to a schematic line change. But they fit in with us. If we decide to go a little cheaper at RG...Cole and Jean-Gilles should be two cheaper, youthful otions.

edit...We were the first team on the phone with Abram Elam today. Expect for him to be a Cowboy again fairly soon. Maybe not tonight, but soon enough.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-26-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Elam and Jean-Giles would be solid pick ups. I'd be more then okay with that.

Anybody know anything about this Dan Bailey kid? How is he?
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:04 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

He's solid. Won the Lou Groza award last year. (Nation's Top Kicker)

He hit on 27-31 last year and he can hit from 50+, but isnt a boomer. Buehler should have his hands full, though. The fact that the tee has been moved up on kick offs should help Bailey's chances.

I still would like to get Blair Walsh in the draft next year...he's my favorite kicker prospect since Ryan Succop. Walsh is the best kicker prospect in years. His leg strength is ridiculous and it seems like he can never miss. He's legit as they come and I want him. Unless Bailey works out, which he very may will. Because he's very solid in his own right. But Walsh is ass sexy as a K prospect can get. Has a chance to go fairly early for kicker.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-26-2011 at 07:08 PM.