Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 07-26-2011, 08:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dallas is looking to re-sign Hurd, but apparently he has received interest from several teams. Should be interesting to see how this develops. I could see myself being happy regardless...since he's looking at a larger role either way, more than likely. Good for Sam.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...-to-return-now

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:50 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know why everybody wants Columbo around as a back-up. He sucks when he's in the game, and is only going to be worse this year, where is the upside in him as a back-up? He's just a body. He gets his ass kicked around the edge every single play, there is not one good quality about him being on the team period. I would take anybody you can name over him, he's finished.

Very excited seeing these cuts, this is why I wasn't worried about losing Free, wasn't worth talking about to me. When is the last time Jerry let a big time, in house talent walk for free in his prime? Not his style, especially after he drafted and groomed him, he takes pride in that I think. Our offensive line was already a problem, letting Free walk is basically saying were not going to be an improvement on the line this year.

Barber was an easy cut, so was Davis. Roy, hell yes. Get your ass outta here. I ate crow plenty of times, but I'm a realist, and after you constantly drop easy passes, then complain for the football, it gets old.

Feels good to know we just cut the entire right side of our offensive line from last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:57 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JasonColeYahoo: Tampa, Dallas in a dogfight for doug free. Could get REALLY expensive.

Sad sad situation.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:09 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
JasonColeYahoo: Tampa, Dallas in a dogfight for doug free. Could get REALLY expensive.

Sad sad situation.
Of course the team that's 50 million over the cap is making a hard play for Doug, ****.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:11 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Free isn't a unrestricted FA, I think that's taking it to the extreme. Dallas can match any deal I'm pretty sure, even though I know they'd like to seal the deal now.

Quote:
Old 07-26-2011, 09:16 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Free isn't a unrestricted FA
Sure he is...
Old 07-26-2011, 09:18 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Read we have contacted Weddle...We can hope!

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:25 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Sure he is...
Is he? I thought him and Alan Ball were for some reason. I Just can't find myself to be concerned yet either way.

Quote:
Old 07-26-2011, 09:29 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Soooo, what's the plan if he does walk? I can't imagine we'd actually bring back Colombo.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:45 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Free talking to the Bucs is the worst possible news we could hear, next to him talking to his hometown Bears, that is.

This is really bad news and reason for concern. Why? Because they can drive his price up substantially. I'd still expect team loyalty to prevail, but geez...this is a horrible development.

Guess we know why Dallas hasnt cut Colombo yet, because the threat of losing Free is a real one.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-26-2011, 09:45 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Soooo, what's the plan if he does walk?
Andrew Luck? Lol. Were picking top 10 easily without him, I'm sure Jerry realizes this too. Romo wouldn't make it through the season.

So we'd be losing our LT, RG, and RT all in one off-season. Very unlikely that happens guys, protecting Romo on the ends goes a long way towards what Garrett wants to do here.

Worst case scenario out of this is they drive up the price. Still, Free doesn't strike me as the "highest bidder" type of guy.

Quote:
Old 07-26-2011, 10:08 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Eric Weddle is officially a Jaguar.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-26-2011, 10:16 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Andrew Luck? Lol. Were picking top 10 easily without him, I'm sure Jerry realizes this too. Romo wouldn't make it through the season.

So we'd be losing our LT, RG, and RT all in one off-season. Very unlikely that happens guys, protecting Romo on the ends goes a long way towards what Garrett wants to do here.

Worst case scenario out of this is they drive up the price. Still, Free doesn't strike me as the "highest bidder" type of guy.
haha.

I mean there are always options out there if he walks, but geez how does this happen? A 27 year old stud LT hits the open market, that never happens. I wonder if the team's drafting of Tyron to be the future LT rubbed Free the wrong way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Eric Weddle is officially a Jaguar.
Yea that sucks, he was far and away the top safety in the FA class.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:19 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Funny enough...he'd be a RT on the Bucs.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-26-2011, 10:20 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Funny enough...he'd be a RT on the Bucs.
Yea I forgot Penn was a stud too, that'd be a pretty sexy bookend... almost as sexy as Free/Tyron ;)
Old 07-26-2011, 10:26 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

This day started off so well...:(

In other good news, we've been in contact with Kosier. And we really want Bowen back, but he's drawing tons of interest.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-26-2011, 11:12 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

As was posted in the FA thread...

Quote:
Dallas reached agreement on a four-year, $32 million deal that included $17 million in guaranteed money with OT Doug Free.
Woot. Much cheaper than I expected. $8 million per? I was def. seeing this exceeding $10 million. Now we can get to work on Bowen and Kosier. Season saved. lol.

And the Jags/Weddle info proved premature, he's still available.

Elam seems like a lock to land in Dallas...we'll just have to see who we target next.

So far based on the available info...we've contacted Bowen, Kosier, Elam, Weddle, and Hurd.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-26-2011 at 11:18 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:14 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2011 Undrafted FA

Can anybody give us a quick run down on this year's crop?

I like the CB Mario...seems to have something and I like the LB from Oklahoma.

Those are my two cents..
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:31 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Great news on free....as for the next target?

JasonLaCanfora: The chase for Cullen Jenkins gonna be very interesting. Always is whenever the Redskins and Cowboys have interest in the same player!
Old 07-26-2011, 11:32 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I wish we could sign Jenkins, Cut Olshansky, and sign Bowen. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-26-2011, 11:49 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@M.O.T.H

As long as we sign Bowen I would be happy. I think people make to much out of the cap...I think they can sign any player they want using some creative salary tricks. I don't think they will break the bank, but they will keep the one's that they want.
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:44 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As was posted in the FA thread...

Woot. Much cheaper than I expected. $8 million per? I was def. seeing this exceeding $10 million. Now we can get to work on Bowen and Kosier. Season saved. lol.

And the Jags/Weddle info proved premature, he's still available.

Elam seems like a lock to land in Dallas...we'll just have to see who we target next.

So far based on the available info...we've contacted Bowen, Kosier, Elam, Weddle, and Hurd.
Yeah it's a fair deal. I wouldn't say cheap but considering Baltimore paid Yanda a Guard 7M a year for the first 3 years on a 5 year deal. I think Free got a fair deal. Now he must live up to it.

I've always loved Cullen Jenkins but his injury history is a question mark for me. If he checks out, he's near the top of my FA want list.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:43 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

At Safety I was really interested in Dawan Landry as a SS and Huff as a FS. Both would have made a great fit.

Quote:
Old 07-27-2011, 05:44 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Draft best OT in the draft? Check.
Release dead weight? Check.
Resign young, elite LT? Check.

Off-season is looking masterful. Free at 8 mil per is a steal considering he was on the open market. Fair deals don't normally occur there :)

I would be completely satisfied with Bowen, Kosier, Huff/Elam (or both)!
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:19 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nothing better then waking up and seeing the Cowboys re-signed Doug Free to what I'd say is a fair deal for both parties. Okay now onto re-signing Kosier & Bowen and some help at safety.

Just a thought here, are there any other OLB's out there that we could get that fit into our scheme. Guys with potential that won't cost us much at all.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote