Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-30-2006, 07:06 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetBLACK08
If Crennel is available, I say We pursue him GREATLY.
I have a hard time getting excited about DC's but Crennel would be a major upgrade to BP's staff.

Also, for all the bad mouthing of Parcells he sure seems to develops lots of head coaches. He did pick up Peyton from the scrap heap that was GMen with Fassel and was forced to keep Zimmer by Jerry.
Belicheck?
Gribble, the list for BP is very long. Rightly or wrongly he has lots of hi students in very very high positions in the NFL.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 07:06 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I have a hard time getting excited about DC's but Crennel would be a major upgrade to BP's staff.

Also, for all the bad mouthing of Parcells he sure seems to develops lots of head coaches. He did pick up Peyton from the scrap heap that was GMen with Fassel and was forced to keep Zimmer by Jerry.
Belicheck?
Gribble, the list for BP is very long. Rightly or wrongly he has lots of his students in very very high positions in the NFL.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:13 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Am I nuts or are the crop of RB and WR that are Juniors and Sophmores just amazing this year?

Just amazing talent it seems.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:19 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Am I nuts or are the crop of RB and WR that are Juniors and Sophmores just amazing this year?

Ya think Aaron Ross or Blalock fall to the Cowboys? How about Sweed declaring? Texas seems loaded.

Q Moses is up tonite, be interesting to see how he plays after a mediocre senior season. 6.5, 250 and fast with a quick step, let see if he plays well.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:45 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anybody know anything about sabby piscitelli? heres one scouts veiw of him, sounds like a good 2nd round pick.

Overview Sabby is a 3 year starter for the Beavers and the clear leader of the defense. Sabby is a very intense player, you can see him yelling and callling out audibles before the play, and pumping his fist and celebrating after the play. An Honorable Mention All Pac-10 peformer in 2004 and 2005, finally cracked the first team in 2006.
Strengths Sabby has tremendous size at 6-3, and even better speed. He's lightning fast. One of the best athletes at the safety position in the entire draft. He is a fiery leader and plays with a great passion for the game. He not a huge hitter, but can definitely lay the wood when the oppurtunity presents itself. Extremely polished and experienced having started 3 straight years without injury. His 15 career INT's are top 5 all time for Oregon St. He really is just the complete player.
Weaknesses Watching his game, I really can't find any holes in it. He's fast, tall, can tackle well, a leader. The one thing he does need to do is add weight. He has the frame to add more weight, which will help him. He's not the showy prospect of a Landry or Griffin, but much more solid than both of those. Projection Piscitelli is the total package. He can start his rookie if necessary and will continue to be that leader. He is a great athlete, and very experienced. I can see him sliding up into the first, but looks to be taken sometime in the 2nd round.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dunno if anyone else has this opinion, but if we decide to give up on Watkins we should take Michael Griffen in the 1st he just seems like a guy who can run with people and make hits if needed seems like a good cover saftey to me, and if nothing else he is a very good special Teamer. Which is what Carp did most of the year and what keith Davis is doing now.
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 08:15 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cowboys
Dunno if anyone else has this opinion, but if we decide to give up on Watkins we should take Michael Griffen in the 1st he just seems like a guy who can run with people and make hits if needed seems like a good cover saftey to me, and if nothing else he is a very good special Teamer. Which is what Carp did most of the year and what keith Davis is doing now.
he'll be gone unless we trade up
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Quote:
Probley true just a thought

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 09:09 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Quote:
Probley true just a thought
Two free safeties in the first 20? One or the other may fall 20-25.

Still have lots of juniors to declare. 2nd and 3rd round should be good this year again.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:10 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:

Ya think Aaron Ross or Blalock fall to the Cowboys? How about Sweed declaring? Texas seems loaded.

Q Moses is up tonite, be interesting to see how he plays after a mediocre senior season. 6.5, 250 and fast with a quick step, let see if he plays well.
Well Moses can rush. Can he play OLB, dunno.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:35 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:

Yuck! Aaron Ross is overrated. If you watched the game he blew coverage so many times. Andy Brodell took him to school. Sure he got an interception but there were three longhorns in the area one of them were bound to come up with the pick. I was not impressed. Blalock I thought did okay but nothing overly impressive.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:33 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCowboysFan
Quote:
Quote:

Yuck! Aaron Ross is overrated. If you watched the game he blew coverage so many times. Andy Brodell took him to school. Sure he got an interception but there were three longhorns in the area one of them were bound to come up with the pick. I was not impressed. Blalock I thought did okay but nothing overly impressive.
Playing Giants or Seattle.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:35 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCowboysFan
Quote:
Quote:

Playing Giants or Seattle.
Well Quentin Moses from Georgia can rush the pass and should be around 20-30. 6'5 250 looks nice for 3-4 unless when sign Adalius Thomas or similar.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:39 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Looks like we pick anywhere between 20-25.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:33 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Belicheck?
Gribble, the list for BP is very long. Rightly or wrongly he has lots of his students in very very high positions in the NFL.
* Bill Belichick, New England Patriots
* Tom Coughlin, New York Giants
* Mike Nolan, San Francisco 49ers
* Sean Payton, New Orleans Saints
* Romeo Crennel, Cleveland Browns
* Eric Mangini, New York Jets
* Al Groh, University of Virginia
* Charlie Weis, University of Notre Dame

In addition, Parcells disciples Ray Handley and Jim Fassell served as head coaches for the New York Giants, and Al Groh and Chris Palmer were head coaches with the New York Jets and Cleveland Browns, respectively, at one time.

From Wiki

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 03:50 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would do you prefer? Giants or Sehawks?
And.. do you think we're going to show some 4-3 today?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 05:58 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano
I like Seattle in seattle personally....either way we have to play to win...if we don't we lose no matter who we play. I like how we match up against seattle better though.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 06:20 AM    (permalink
trademaster
Rookie

trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.trademaster is so money.

I would rather have the Giants at home .

Sig by Mockalicious

'''VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!''''

-Johnny Drama-
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 07:50 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Well, part of me wants them to go through the hardest path possible which would be Giants at Home, Chicago on the Road and the likely winner of NO/Philly. Cuz Philly beats Seattle I think.

I would like to see this team beat theams that beat it. Show me soem anger and ba l l z.
Old 12-31-2006, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Number-94

Quote:
Originally Posted by trademaster
I would rather have the Giants at home .
Are you kidding me? You want to face a division rival in the playoffs? I guess you want a good chance to lose then....but heck the way were playing we aren't going anywhere anyway.
Old 12-31-2006, 10:44 AM    (permalink
boogeydown
Rookie

boogeydown is a cocksman.boogeydown is a cocksman.boogeydown is a cocksman.

How great would it be to get Romeo Crennel to be DC this offseason then when Parcells retires next year get Charlie Weis from Notre Dame. Either way Rivera gots be cut or demoted. I still say we get Leonard Davis from the Cardinals to play OG on our team. He used to dominate in the running game when he played OG for the Cardinals. Another guy to consider is Deon Grant from the Jaguars. He's a pretty good FS for them.
boogeydown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano
I like Seattle in seattle personally....either way we have to play to win...if we don't we lose no matter who we play. I like how we match up against seattle better though.
Tampa Bay could easily beat Seattle today. I'd rather face them in the 1st round.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

******** call
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Its amazing how much we've regressed as a team over the past 4 weeks or so...

Texas Longhorns: CB Marcus Davis, QB Garrett Gilbert, OT Mason Walters, RB Chris Whaley! The next great batch.
Pokeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 02:32 PM    (permalink
jetBLACK08

You know your Defensive Coordinator has to go..

WHEN::::::

He aligns a 5'9 CB against a 6'2 Standout WR around Endzone.

GENIUS!