Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 07-27-2011, 09:45 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It sounds like we're not really interested in Huff...more so Elam/Weddle right now. Always subject to change, however. I would just be shocked if Elam doesnt sign some time today.

We could have made a play for OLB Antwan Barnes...but the Chargers are hot on his tail. The Chargers just let Applewhite go was well. I'd have to look at some FA lists to see who is really available.

I doubt we'd sign anyone at OLB, though. They like Butler and Brandon Williams as rush LBs. Butler in particular could unseat Spencer, if he continues his progression and Anthony struggles to make an impact.

edit...

If Dallas wanted a cheaper option to add some young OLB LB depth/potential, there are some decent names out there...

Mark Anderson (Texans)
Jacob Ford (Titans)
Travis Laboy (49ers)
Antwan Barnes (Chargers)
Antwan Applewhite (Chargers)

If they wanted a starter...which they dont. Matt Roth and Manny Lawson are available.

I wanted Jacob Ford bad in that draft...he performed very well in LB drills. I still love the fit in a 34 for him.

I still dont see us doing so...but there is a little list of guys, that you asked for.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-27-2011 at 10:16 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:39 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ne...C8D90BADB33E16

3 other minor cuts

Brewster
Bright
Smith
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:47 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cutting Brewster was pointless...we could have used him, even if it was just for camp.

As for the latest on Weddle...probably going to be SD, but not for sure yet. He's been receiving offers in that $7-8 million per year range, stretched over 4 years. 6 teams interested, but SD has once again made him their number one priority and they've stepped up their offer.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-27-2011, 11:50 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a Weddle fan here. I wanted Huff. :(
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:54 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

You never know...they may decide to contact Huff after Weddle goes elsewhere. So will all the other teams that missed out on Weddle, though.

I'm not a huge Weddle fan either, he's safer than Huff, though. But you could always be greatly rewarded with a Huff signing if he contiues his solid play as of late. No guarantee, though. A lot of teams are wary of Huff.

Landry is solid, but overrated in many fans eyes. So many Raven fans didnt even want him back. He's nothing more than average, really. Has tons of lapses.

edit....

Weddle is officially back with the Chargers per rotoworld.

Deal expected to be in the 4 year ; $30 million ballpark.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-27-2011 at 12:04 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:05 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
You never know...they may decide to contact Huff after Weddle goes elsewhere. So will all the other teams that missed out on Weddle, though.

I'm not a huge Weddle fan either, he's safer than Huff, though. But you could always be greatly rewarded with a Huff signing if he contiues his solid play as of late. No guarantee, though. A lot of teams are wary of Huff.

Landry is solid, but overrated in many fans eyes. So many Raven fans didnt even want him back. He's nothing more than average, really. Has tons of lapses.
Huff's work ethic has really been questioned.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...e-michael-huff

When you got a guy like Sapp calling you out, it makes me really question that person.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:07 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

The thing with that, is that was year's ago. Sapp's been out of the league for like 4-5 years or so now. Huff just started playing well with Oakland recently.

There is risk there, but if the price isnt too high...you may end up getting a really good return out of him. That doesnt mean Dallas wouldnt pay for him. I figured our top targets would be Huff/Elam.

As for Weddle as I just edited...he's signed with the Chargers. So we have to move right down the line for the next safety.

edit...I will say this, though. I'm not exactly sure how Ryan feels about Huff legitmately. He had him when he sucked or was terribly inconsistent.

edit 2...we have been in contact with Sensabaugh as well.

edit 3...We apparently have no interest in Huff, and he's yet to even be contacted by anyone. Guess his reputation is killing his FA stock.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-27-2011 at 12:40 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:46 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Weddle got PAID

Eric Weddle gets massive deal - $40M over 5 yrs, $13M sign bonus, $19M guar. Record guarantees and 2yr averages for a safety

I would like to of had him, but not at that price tag. I can only imagine Landry feels he's gonna get close to that money. This kind of drives the price up on all the Safeties out there.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:48 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Landry's real close to signing with the Jags.

As for driving it up...it's still in that $8 million range. Which is certainly a lot, but expected for Weddle.

The higher tier safeties aint gonna come cheap.

Even Elam who is considered more of a safer, economic buy...may end up costing more than we realize.

At least Huff has been going unnoticed/unwanted...may be able to get him for cheap. But right now, it looks like Elam/Sensy may end up being the duo. Who knows, though? Maybe we'll call Daniel Manning.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-27-2011 at 12:53 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:53 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Elam/Sensy does nothing for me.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Gallery signed with Seattle, so take him off your list of potential guards. I wasn't high on him, so no biggie.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
It doesnt sound sexy at all. No.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-27-2011, 12:56 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'd like to know what Gallery got. If affordable, he would have been an excellent addition.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-27-2011, 01:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
+ 1

In other thoughts, I would LOVE Justin Blalock. ...but I hear he's priced himself out of Atlanta's price range... so he might come at a big price tag.

Last edited by D-Unit : 07-27-2011 at 01:38 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:34 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
+ 1

In other thoughts, I would LOVE Justin Blalock. ...but I hear he's priced himself out of Atlanta's price range... so he might come at a big price tag.
I'm all about Blalock and Dahl, more so Dahl. He's a nasty SOB, that's the attitude we need on the line.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like Dahl, too.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:53 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

What time tomorrow can players officially be released?
Old 07-27-2011, 05:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

We're apparently after several ends...Cullen Jenkins (if he hasnt been signed), Robaire Smith, and Kenyon Coleman.

I dont know what is going on with Bowen...dammit.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-27-2011, 06:00 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Bowen stays, and they get Cullen Jenkins. That dude is a beast when he's healthy.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I'm feeling pretty good about us signing Jenkins.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:20 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

There was a report that he had a done deal with Washington earlier...but nothing surfaced.

As for us we signed our first draft pick. BILL NAGY!

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-27-2011, 07:59 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Any word on Kosier?
Old 07-27-2011, 08:05 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Dallas news has been pretty dead silent all day. No news on anyone.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-27-2011, 08:13 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

This is killing me. Kosier and Bowen need signed now. Once the top tier guys are gone, mid tier guys will drop.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Cowboys agreed to terms with LG Kyle Kosier on a three-year contract.

Good news, good news.

edit...We're also cutting Colombo tomorrow.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-28-2011 at 12:01 AM.