Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 07-28-2011, 01:27 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colombo may stay.... saying he'll take less. For me it's not the money... it's the clear decline in play.

How much did Kosier get?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:30 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Colombo may stay.... saying he'll take less. For me it's not the money... it's the clear decline in play.

How much did Kosier get?
3 years ; $9 million. Chump change.

I think Colombo may be gone for good, now. They said they were trying to work out a restucture, but the two sides were pretty far apart.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:35 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
3 years ; $9 million. Chump change.

I think Colombo may be gone for good, now. They said they were trying to work out a restucture, but the two sides were pretty far apart.
Now THAT is a nice deal. So far Jerry is pulling all the right strings.

Nnamdi is apparently not in their sights. Gives me even more reason to think Cullen Jenkins will be a Cowboy.

I'm pretty hopeful of Rob Ryan developing our young corners anyways. Just overall too... I think Rob is gonna be awesome here.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:40 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope so...I'm excited to see how our guys react to him.

I just hope we dont opt to sign say Kenyon Coleman instead of Bowen. I like Kenyon a lot, but Bowen has a lot of potential still. I wouldnt mind signing Robaire Smith as a back up.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-28-2011, 04:38 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I hope so...I'm excited to see how our guys react to him.

I just hope we dont opt to sign say Kenyon Coleman instead of Bowen. I like Kenyon a lot, but Bowen has a lot of potential still. I wouldnt mind signing Robaire Smith as a back up.
Kenyon Coleman...

Old 07-28-2011, 11:08 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

The latest I've heard...

We're still in on Jenkins. But it sounds like he's real close with Washington.

And the Bears have "interest" in Bowen, but the article states that it sounds like it's a ploy by Bowen's agent to get a larger deal out of Dallas.

The fact that we even are looking at other DEs scares me. I hope Bowen doesnt price himself out of our range.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-28-2011, 12:27 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Bowen signed some monster contract with Washington. PISSED!

5 years ; $27.5 million. Jesus.

We need Cullen Jenkins now. This ******* blows.

edit...I'm heart broken. But on a good note. Tyron Smith signed. Four Years ; $12.5 Million.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-28-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:49 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pissed, but you can't really blame Bowen for taking that deal. That's a lot of cash for him.

It sucks because Rob was hyping Bowen up all offseason, I really was excited to see what he could do with him and that potential. ****.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:14 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Son of a *****! Damn Washington and their offering people high deals. I liked Bowen to stick around and shine here, but I guess he'll get wasted in Washington somehow like they always do with their free agents. I really really hope they get Jenkins now.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Franklin from SF still out there? I say grab a NT to rotate with Brent and move Rat out.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:01 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Supposedly we're in the hunt for Roman Harper. Not sure how I feel about that, all I remember is that he got abused in that wild card game in Seattle.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:08 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I wanted Harper back in the day. He's a solid safety...none of the guys left are stars, but there are good football players out there. He did make it to the pro bowl twice. Even though, many would tell you he didnt deserve to. He's still an upgrade over Sensy. All these guys have their weaknesses, though...Harper and Sensy's coverage skills can be exploited deep. Same with Elam. It's the life of a safety.

Tyron Smith just stepped on the field. yay.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-28-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:27 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harper is a much better option than Alan Ball. I'm not so high on him, but he's a decent option. Sensy wasn't so bad. He just wasn't really much more than above average. Harper gives you the same pretty much. Elam the same. I want some veteran presence because we don't know how good AOA is yet. It can't just be AOA and Church or McCray back there. That's just asking to get roasted every game.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:34 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yeah they're all pretty much above average type safeties.

As for our guys...nothing but a pool of mystery. Church is absolutely horrible in coverage, though. AOA is the only one that actually can play FS, and possesses coverage potential.

The good thing about Sensy, Elam, and Harper at least...is that you could realistically play them at either safety position. Even though, we'd all love to have a rangy center fielder, we'll probably be looking at two similar starting safeties. Potentially two of those listed.

edit...we just inked Arkin, Capas, and Thomas. So I think that just leaves Carter, Murray, and Harris.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-28-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Cool updates guys. Not tracking the wire like I normally do.

Nice deal for Bowen. Washington is still overpaying even after the new CBA. lol. Bowen was a backup for us. He didn't prove that he was worth that kind of money. Would've been nice to have him back on a cheap deal, but he hit the damn jackpot! I would've been royally pissed if we gave him that deal.

Moving on without a worry. The Giants thought they were getting a good player when they paid Canty. At least Canty proved more. Money doesn't make the player good.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Looks like Nawleans is our competitor today, we've both been linked to having interest in Brandon Mebane.

Isn't he more of a NT? hmmm...
Old 07-28-2011, 03:14 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Mebane re-signed with Seattle.

I didnt hear anything about us having interest in him.

Cowboys, Saints, and Broncos all have made contact with Cullen Jenkins, however.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-28-2011, 03:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Mebane re-signed with Seattle.

I didnt hear anything about us having interest in him.

Cowboys, Saints, and Broncos all have made contact with Cullen Jenkins, however.
Jenkins is gonna land a mother load contract. Get ready folks.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:19 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

http://mobile.bloggingtheboys.com/20...cullen-jenkins

Could be a false report, but that's what it says here.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:28 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

hmmm....someone posted that he re-signed in the other thread, but I dont see it anywhere on Rotoworld. My bad.

Broncos and Saints have been after Mebane as well. All the same teams after Jenkins.

Also, we just signed Harris. Just Murray and Carter left now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-28-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
hmmm....someone posted that he re-signed in the other thread, but I dont see it anywhere on Rotoworld. My bad.

Broncos and Saints have been after Mebane as well. All the same teams after Jenkins.

Also, we just signed Harris. Just Murray and Carter left now.
Man it's been so long.... Who the hell is Harris? lol.

As for Mebane, if we can't get Jenkins, then I'd be for him above Kenyon and Robaire.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:57 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

lol. Dwayne Harris our WR from ECU.

We havent signed any outside help yet.

Mebane's a beast. It remains to be seen what he could do at the 5 Tech. But he's a powerful impactful dude. He'd be very costly as well. But it'd be worth it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-28-2011, 04:00 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Disappointing about Bowen. Jenkins scares me with the medical issues. Not many options left. We should resign Hatcher and Spears for depth. Should be cheap. I'd like to see a move for a guard soon. Dahl Dahl Dahl
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As for DL, I'm not seeing much about A. Franklin. If we could land him, he could rotate with Brent. We could then move Rat out to DE and sign someone like Hatch or Spears for depth. I actually like that plan better than big money for Jenkins.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Ratliff is 100% staying at NT. He aint moving. Ryan loves him there. This is always brought up, but it isnt going to happen.

I actually like Mebane as the best option for us...granted he's never played 34 End. But he's younger, an exceptional impactful run stuffer. And a player who really improved his pass rush ability this passed year. He didnt get many sacks that I recall, but he's extremely disruptive. The tidbit in that article the Finisher posted, noted that he finished 6th in QB pressures among DTs a year ago.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS