Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 07-29-2011, 08:49 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We cannot forget RG either. Unless the team feels that one of the rookies can fit in there from day 1. Who is running with the 1's at RG in camp so far?
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:54 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pretty sure it was Holland

LL had mentioned Brian Waters, I'd be all for that. Sure he's old, but he can still play at a high level and would be an ideal vet to plug in next to young Tyron.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:00 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jags are close to signing Landry. I know a lot of you aren't fans, but just another Safety about to be off the list.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:01 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
pretty sure it was Holland

LL had mentioned Brian Waters, I'd be all for that. Sure he's old, but he can still play at a high level and would be an ideal vet to plug in next to young Tyron.
I'd take Waters as a one year plug. I'd rather see us spend the money on a younger player like Blalock or Dahl though. I know those guys won't come cheap, but those guys would be players that could be our future RG for several years to come.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:03 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Steelers cut Flozell today. He should sign a one day contract with us and retire. He had a great career for us at LT. One of our all time best T's.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:46 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh. I dont like Hurd going to Chicago with Roy there. He'd have a good shot at playing time without Roy, but I dont know why he went there. sigh.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:47 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Is Brian Waters a realistic option for us? I don't think he'd cost much, and would be a nice 1 year bridge. He was alot better then Kosier last year honestly, and would come at a cheaper price.
He could be an option, but Kosier re-signed and will be starting at LG. Any G we sign will be playing RG.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-29-2011, 09:56 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

And the fact that we're in on Aso makes it sound like we're incredibly desperate. I would welcome the guy with open arms, but his contract could be a hindrance for our future FA endeavors. Newman would have to be cut for sure.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-29-2011, 10:54 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets vs Cowboys for Nnamdi. Absolutely Love it.

I'm all in for Nnamdi. It's win now or go home time. Without him, this offseason is a failure.

What's the latest on Cullen?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:56 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Jets vs Cowboys for Nnamdi. Absolutely Love it.

I'm all in for Nnamdi. It's win now or go home time. Without him, this offseason is a failure.

What's the latest on Cullen?
Nothing yet. I dont see how we can sign Cullen and Aso. Doesnt sound plausible at all.

If we really are in on Aso...we wont be doing anything until he signs with one of us. More waiting. :(

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-29-2011, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Location: Springfield, OH: Most Depressing City in the Country. Look it up
Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spitballing here fellas but here is my question.

If we were to land Namdi why not move Newman to FS? He is pretty good in coverage and one the the best tacklers on the team... Yes he isn't be enough for a ton of run support but what Free Safety plays at the line of scrimmage?

If we did that then we would have one less hole to fill and I think that is what the Front Office may be considering doing.

Any thoughts? I'm sure he'd have to restructure his contract but I think it could work.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:40 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aso going to the Jets would just be so unfair. I was a little scared of taking on such a big contract like Aso, but now I feel like the Cowboys have to be the heroes of the NFL by keeping Revis and Aso playing on the same team...

Of course if he does sign with the Jets the Cowboys can meet up with the super tandem and beat them in the Super Bowl like the Mavericks did to the Heat. I'd be a break dancing idiot if that happened.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:58 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

So say we do get Aso, who are the starters? I'd be fine with Newman moving to FS and then him playing slot in nickle and dime packages.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:00 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cowboys View Post
Spitballing here fellas but here is my question.

If we were to land Namdi why not move Newman to FS? He is pretty good in coverage and one the the best tacklers on the team... Yes he isn't be enough for a ton of run support but what Free Safety plays at the line of scrimmage?

If we did that then we would have one less hole to fill and I think that is what the Front Office may be considering doing.

Any thoughts? I'm sure he'd have to restructure his contract but I think it could work.
Moving TNew to FS is a very viable solution. He's a sound tackler and he can be a good ball hawk there. Doing this added years on to Deion and Rod Woodson's careers.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you're getting Aso, Newman is getting cut. There's no way in hell you can afford Aso while keeping Newman.

You guys need to make some kind of move. Bc if you don't land Aso or Jenkins, your defense is going to suck something awful this year.

They didn't even make a play for Dawan Landry, which I thought was a mistake. Now unless you get Aso, playing this song and dance with him only hindered your ability to sign guys who would have helped the team like Bowen, Landry, Jenkins etc.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:03 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

I'm waiting for the article, but someone posted on FB that Aso is signing with the Jets later today.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:06 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Would it even be a possibility to look at Cromartie if we don't get Aso or just move ahead with our current cb's?
Old 07-29-2011, 12:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Cro is very realistic. Obviously Rob knows Cro through Rex, and if they run a similar scheme Cro can be a very solid pickup.

I watched Cro every week. Here's the thing you need to know about him: He's great as a press man CB. In ANY other type of coverage, he's god awful.

And Rob isn't like Rex, Rob runs a lot more zone. So I'm not sure if he fit's the scheme. BUT, if Rob tries to mimic his brother's coverages, then Cro can be useful.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:17 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Sam Hurd signed with the Bears

Hatcher is visiting the Broncos
Old 07-29-2011, 01:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to branch out again on another idea that I think would be great for this team and great for the player... but probably won't be accepted or ever done.

But I MUST get this off my chest!

Mike Jenkins should move to FS. Jenkins has natural instincts to make plays on the ball when he can see it in front of him. When his back is to the QB, it's been relatively hit or miss. His corner skills are sufficient and I think the down year last year is slightly overblown. The entire team sucked for the most part. But I think we would get one of the best Safeties in the game if he moved to Safety. Yes, people will question the one play against the Giants where he didn't want to make a tackle. Again... I say that's overblown. He hasn't had any issues like that since. He played some Safety in college and lit up guys. The ability is there. It's a matter of change in mentality on the position switch.

The reason why I think he's stuck at CB now is because he's our best man there. But if we bring in Aso and Newman restructures. Then I don't think it's in our best interest to move Newman to FS. Rather, I like Jenkins making the move and developing one of our young CBs to eventually take over Newman's job. With Aso and Newman at CB, and Jenkins and Sensy/FA at S, I think our defense improves from night to day.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:09 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...leach/related/

Were in the hunt for Leach, REALLY!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-29-2011, 01:15 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm going to branch out again on another idea that I think would be great for this team and great for the player... but probably won't be accepted or ever done.

But I MUST get this off my chest!

Mike Jenkins should move to FS. Jenkins has natural instincts to make plays on the ball when he can see it in front of him. When his back is to the QB, it's been relatively hit or miss. His corner skills are sufficient and I think the down year last year is slightly overblown. The entire team sucked for the most part. But I think we would get one of the best Safeties in the game if he moved to Safety. Yes, people will question the one play against the Giants where he didn't want to make a tackle. Again... I say that's overblown. He hasn't had any issues like that since. He played some Safety in college and lit up guys. The ability is there. It's a matter of change in mentality on the position switch.

The reason why I think he's stuck at CB now is because he's our best man there. But if we bring in Aso and Newman restructures. Then I don't think it's in our best interest to move Newman to FS. Rather, I like Jenkins making the move and developing one of our young CBs to eventually take over Newman's job. With Aso and Newman at CB, and Jenkins and Sensy/FA at S, I think our defense improves from night to day.
While I think Jenkins would be a good ball hawk, his tackling is terrible. I wouldn't be opposed to this, but I wouldn't be jumping up and down excited about it.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:20 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Jenkins nor Newman will move to FS realistically. Scandrick would probably be a more realistic option to move, first off. But, I really dont see Newman restructuring and switching positions. He has to be cut to even afford Aso. And that leaves us penny pinching for the rest of the FA period.

As for Cro...I dont see it. Dallas is more than prepared to enter the season with Newman, Jenkins, and Scandrick. We're just potentially making a play for Aso because he's one of the best in the league. No reason to splurge on Cro, if you dont land Aso. And Cro will be very expensive.

As far as corner is concerened, I'd imagine...it's Aso or no one.

edit...I also heard interest in Leach, which is awesome.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-29-2011 at 01:23 PM.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...leach/related/

Were in the hunt for Leach, REALLY!!!!!!!!!
That's cool. I've admired him from afar.

Here's my top 10 guys left in FA that I like for the Boys. I'll be disappointed as each one is crossed off the list when scooped up by other teams.

1. Nnamdi Asomugha
2. Cullen Jenkins
3. Justin Blalock
4. Harvey Dahl
5. Michael Huff
6. Dawan Landry
7. Shaun Ellis
8. Brandon Mebane
9. Aubrayo Franklin
10. Dashon Goldson
Old 07-29-2011, 01:25 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That's cool. I've admired him from afar.

Here's my top 10 guys left in FA that I like for the Boys. I'll be disappointed as each one is crossed off the list when scooped up by other teams.

1. Nnamdi Asomugha
2. Cullen Jenkins
3. Justin Blalock
4. Harvey Dahl
5. Michael Huff
6. Dawan Landry
7. Shaun Ellis
8. Brandon Mebane
9. Aubrayo Franklin
10. Dashon Goldson
I'd take any of them.

Out of curiosity, why is Blalock ahead of Dahl on your list?