Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 07-29-2011, 09:12 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Cornering the market

Maybe they think they can move DRC to Saftey? They now have a solid corner in Hanson sitting there rotting.

I f'n hate the Eagles
No...they're all playing corner. DRC still has fantastic potential at corner. Not to mention, the guy is a twig.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:13 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay so Elam, Huff, Whitner, Sensy...what other safeties are left?
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:15 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sick to my stomach. I have very little optimism right now. JJ needs to make some damn moves to get us on track to compete from a defensive standpoint. I hope there's some deals going down this weekend.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:17 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think Ryan likes Huff at all. We apparently dont want him at all.

Tanard Jackson, Benard Pollard, Atarti Bigby, Brodney Pool, Darren Sharper, Reed Doughty...are some noteables off the top of my head. But it doesnt get much better than that, I believe.

Some of those guys may not even be available...I just got back, so I'm not updated on all the signings.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-29-2011, 09:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I dont think Ryan likes Huff at all. We apparently dont want him at all.

Tanard Jackson, Benard Pollard, Atarti Bigby, Brodney Pool, Darren Sharper, Reed Doughty...are some noteables off the top of my head. But it doesnt get much better than that, I believe.

Some of those guys may not even be available...I just got back, so I'm not updated on all the signings.
That's probably true. He was no good when Ryan was there. tsk tsk tsk.

Too early to welcome back Kenyon Coleman and Abram Elam? Oh geez. Who's next? Bobby Carpenter? Jacques Reeves?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
That's probably true. He was no good when Ryan was there. tsk tsk tsk.

Too early to welcome back Kenyon Coleman and Abram Elam? Oh geez. Who's next? Bobby Carpenter? Jacques Reeves?
Don't you mean Barbie?

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really pissed off that we missed on Patrick Peterson now more than ever.

This coming from a Tyron fan. gah.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:12 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'm not...I'm not even worried about our corners, really. I expected them all back this year. Smith was still the best pick for this team, imo. I'm more than a little excited about having Free/Smith protecting Romo for many years.

As far as the draft is concerned...I just wish we would have taken Rahim Moore.

I assumed Bowen would return...so I wasnt too mad about passing on End at the time. I did have interest in Bailey, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-29-2011 at 10:17 PM.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:21 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

The scary thing, is that we have a preseason game in two weeks and have no safeties. This is why Elam is all but a lock, imo. He comes in and he knows what's going on.

Even Sensabaugh wont have familiarity with the defense. Whoever we get is going to have a lot to learn in a short period of time. I'm kind of getting nervous that we're going to move forward with either AOA or Church as one of the starters. Wouldnt surprise me at all if Church and Elam are our starting safeties this year. And that is just so freaking scary. lol. But Church has the edge over AOA for sure.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-29-2011, 11:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
The scary thing, is that we have a preseason game in two weeks and have no safeties. This is why Elam is all but a lock, imo. He comes in and he knows what's going on.

Even Sensabaugh wont have familiarity with the defense. Whoever we get is going to have a lot to learn in a short period of time. I'm kind of getting nervous that we're going to move forward with either AOA or Church as one of the starters. Wouldnt surprise me at all if Church and Elam are our starting safeties this year. And that is just so freaking scary. lol. But Church has the edge over AOA for sure.
Elam is no savior. He's hardly a stop gap. I don't get any thrill in seeing him as a potential sign.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:17 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright so had some time to blow steam off from the Nnamdi fiasco. Sucks, but what are you gonna do?

We need to get involved with FA though ASAP.

Wishlist as of right now:

Justin Blalock
Brodney Pool
Michael Huff
Kenyon Coleman

Get a young stud RG to finalize our retooling of the OL, and on defense bring in 2 new safeties who are already familiar with Rob's system. I really liked Pool when he came out and wanted us to draft him in the worst way. He never really lived up to what I thought he would be but he's still a very solid option at SS, as long as the concussion history is behind him. I don't know what the deal with Huff is or what Rob thinks of him, but if they're fond of each other then get his ass in here. He's far and away the best FS available and has really taken some strides forward as a player the past 2 seasons. Kenyon is JAG but he knows the system, will come cheap and we need the depth.

If we have the room leftover, go get Vonta Leach. He's a tough SOB and would be a nice upgrade to the running game. He's "The Right Kind of Guy" as Red would say.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:25 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Im reading that we had a deal with Aso and that is who Jerry and Rob were talking to. The eagles came in last min and scooped him up somehow. Are ya'll hearing the same? I dont know how this happened. BLAH!!!

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
So Im reading that we had a deal with Aso and that is who Jerry and Rob were talking to. The eagles came in last min and scooped him up somehow. Are ya'll hearing the same? I dont know how this happened. BLAH!!!
Whatevers... Calvin Watkins said on ESPN that Jerry offered $40M. What a cheap ass.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:36 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
yea that's the story, but like D said... Jerry only offered 40 mil.

on another note, how good does Otogwe's 5 year 26 mil deal look now? lol
Old 07-29-2011, 11:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Elam is no savior. He's hardly a stop gap. I don't get any thrill in seeing him as a potential sign.
Elam is a fine player, I never said he was a savior. It just makes sense to sign him. Ryan's defense is complicated. It'd be smart to sign a decent safety, with knowledge of the schematics. I want two safeties, but I am hoping Elam is one of them, his familiarity with Ryan and the defense would be incredibly beneficial. And Elam is a pretty good player, make no mistake about it. Certainly on par with Sensabaugh.

These aren't star players, but you could certainly win with these guys. They're not defense killers like an Alan Ball. Everyone who is left is an average to above average safety. Elam/Sensy are quality players. Nothing special, but starting safeties in this league. That's what we're looking at right now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-29-2011 at 11:46 PM.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
yea that's the story, but like D said... Jerry only offered 40 mil.

on another note, how good does Otogwe's 5 year 26 mil deal look now? lol
Another f'n muff up by this team. I'm tired of giving them chance after chance and stick up for them. This team is full of fail.

Patrick Peterson is the best DB prospect of the decade and we don't trade up. All we needed was a RT. Gaither was signed cheap today with the Raiders. Would've been fine with that.

Bruce Carter is out. Kevin Burnett 2.0.

Murray injured. Waste of a 3rd rounder.

Gurode surgery. Wisniewski will end up all pro. lol.

Yes, the sky is falling. Get used to it.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Bruce Carter was expected to be out, Murray will be back in a couple of weeks, and Gurode's injury isnt serious or substansial. Yall need to chilllllll.

You draft guys like Carter/Lee for the future. Anything you get out of them a year removed from an ACL injury is just a plus. I'm certainly not a fan of drafting this way, as I've expressed my dislike for it in the past. But you should be aware what you're in for initially, with picks like this.

Now if you want to complain with the lack of defensive help...I have no argument against that.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-29-2011, 11:51 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Another f'n muff up by this team. I'm tired of giving them chance after chance and stick up for them. This team is full of fail.

Patrick Peterson is the best DB prospect of the decade and we don't trade up. All we needed was a RT. Gaither was signed cheap today with the Raiders. Would've been fine with that.

Bruce Carter is out. Kevin Burnett 2.0.

Murray injured. Waste of a 3rd rounder.

Gurode surgery. Wisniewski will end up all pro. lol.

Yes, the sky is falling. Get used to it.

Funny thing I agree with all of this 200%. This have gotten progressively worse. We had a SB window, every season for awhile on paper we had a top 5 team, and one that could easily win the SB, a few years you would say should.

Now, it's not even close. No point in trying to sugarcoat it. Doesn't mean I don't want to win, but it's obvious in terms of talent we are nothing like we used to look like.

I'll be whining about Stephen Bowen/Marcus Spears for the next year, so you guys don't say I didn't warn you lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Funny thing I agree with all of this 200%. This have gotten progressively worse. We had a SB window, every season for awhile on paper we had a top 5 team, and one that could easily win the SB, a few years you would say should.

Now, it's not even close. No point in trying to sugarcoat it. Doesn't mean I don't want to win, but it's obvious in terms of talent we are nothing like we used to look like.

I'll be whining about Stephen Bowen/Marcus Spears for the next year, so you guys don't say I didn't warn you lol.
The problem is not that they don't have a vision. It's that their plan is so damn terrible and their execution is just as bad.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:37 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Didnt someone post that Holland came in at a sloppy weight again? Every Dallas site seems to be jumping the gun on his becoming the starter. Even going as far as interviewing him about starting for the upcoming season. Scares me a bit. But I'm holding out hope that we jump into this RG market soon. Holland's serviceable, but there are better players out there.

Seriously...we were preparing to spend some cash on Aso. You best upgrade your RG position. Aside from the #3 WR position, it's the only position on the offense that I'm a little concerned about.

I'm not that high on Oggs right now...I actually would love to see Harris nail down the spot. Manny probably has a better shot, though. That said, I wouldnt mind signing a #3...but it's not that necessary. But we're a WR injury away from a potentially scary situation.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-30-2011 at 12:40 AM.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:38 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Didnt someone post that Holland came in at a sloppy weight again? Every Dallas site seems to be jumping the gun on his becoming the starter. Even going as far as interviewing him about starting for the upcoming season. Scares me a bit. But I'm holding out hope that we jump into this RG market soon. Holland's serviceable, but there are better players out there.
Would shock me to see them give him a 4 year deal like Spears. lmao.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:44 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

The thing that would really make me livid, would be the re-signing of Davis. lol.

Oh and as for camp...it's sad seeing the names we have out there working with the 1st team along the O-Line, D-Line, and at S. Tyron Smith is even starting at LT because we have no one else to play the position...so he isnt even getting any work in at the position he'll actually be starting at yet. :/ Lissemore starting on defense. :/ And AOA and Church being forced to start at the safety spots. lol.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-30-2011, 12:49 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
The thing that would really make me livid, would be the re-signing of Davis. lol.

Oh and as for camp...it's sad seeing the names we have out there working with the 1st team along the O-Line, D-Line, and at S. Tyron Smith is even starting at LT because we have no one else to play the position...so he isnt even getting any work in at the position he'll actually be starting at yet. :/ Lissemore starting on defense. :/ And AOA and Church being forced to start at the safety spots. lol.
I'm just so disgusted. Maybe tomorrow will be a new day, but right now, I'm royally pissed.

If I'm offending anybody... pls forgive me.... just let me be for today. haha.

Right now Cullen Jenkins will be the only guy that can cheer me up. But I think signing Spears ended that. *************** )@&*(#$)*&@$#)Q(@3$_
Old 07-30-2011, 12:53 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I would certainly say that Spears contract will put an end to that pursuit. You never know, but it doesnt appear too likely. Maybe, just maybe...Ty Warren can give us a discount price. He's a Texas guy, wants to come home and play for Dallas or Houston he said.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-30-2011, 01:25 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

We just signed Kenyon Coleman. I'm a Coleman fan...he provides nice depth and is a nice rotational guy. I'd even argue that he's better than Spears. But with Spears contract, I think we know who will be starting.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS