Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 07-30-2011, 12:38 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
We just signed Kenyon Coleman. I'm a Coleman fan...he provides nice depth and is a nice rotational guy. I'd even argue that he's better than Spears. But with Spears contract, I think we know who will be starting.
Somebody wake me up from this @#$*() NIGHTMARE!!!!

I think in 99.99% of the 2011 mock drafts found on this forum, the NY Jets had a 34 DE mocked going to them in the 1st round. Why? Because Coleman sucks ass.

Last edited by D-Unit : 07-30-2011 at 12:40 AM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:44 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Somebody wake me up from this @#$*() NIGHTMARE!!!!

I think in 99.99% of the 2011 mock drafts found on this forum, the NY Jets had a 34 DE mocked going to them in the 1st round. Why? Because Coleman sucks ass.
Wrong team. He was on the Browns playing for the other Ryan. lol.

Coleman was actually a solid starting 34 End for years after he left Dallas. And now he's just going to be a back up/rotational end behind Spears. It's a good signing. But we certainly have made no upgrades at End. Starting Bowen a full year, was going to be an upgrade in itself, imo. But yeah **** Washington.

I will say this, though. The only end we have capable of rushing the passer is Lissemore. And we're not even sure if he's a keeper yet. :/

Looks like we're done at DE, though. Time to move on to S and G. Elam will be the next to fall, imo. Nothing sexy about this off-season addition wise. You gotta love the cuts we've made at least.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:48 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wrong team. He was on the Browns playing for the other Ryan. lol.

Coleman was actually a solid starting 34 End for years after he left Dallas. And now he's just going to be a back up/rotational end behind Spears. It's a good signing. But we certainly have made no upgrades at End. Starting Bowen a full year, was going to be an upgrade in itself, imo. But yeah **** Washington.

I will say this, though. The only end we have capable of rushing the passer is Lissemore. And we're not even sure if he's a keeper yet. :/

Looks like we're done at DE, though. Time to move on to S and G. Elam will be the next to fall, imo. Nothing sexy about this off-season addition wise. You gotta love the cuts we've made at least.
Ya but the Browns were the same. Let's not kid ourselves here. We sucked at DE going into the draft and FA and we still suck now.

How stupid can one team be?
Old 07-30-2011, 12:54 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt entirely disagree in regard to us...that said, Dallas is only a year removed from a great defense, with the same three d-lineman. I def. think Spears/Igor are rather ordinary, however. Spears does his job just fine, but I was ready for a change, just like everyone else. And I wanted that to be Bowen, dammit. Hopefully Ryan can light a fire under them and get them to perform like they did in 2009 when we had a top 5 run defense. Again, it's all the same guys.

I was just finally looking forward to starting an End with some impressive pass rush skill. Our Ends are very run defense oriented, which is never a bad thing in a 34, but still.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-30-2011 at 12:56 AM.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:02 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I wouldnt entirely disagree in regard to us...that said, Dallas is only a year removed from a great defense, with the same three d-lineman. I def. think Spears/Igor are rather ordinary, however. Spears does his job just fine, but I was ready for a change, just like everyone else. And I wanted that to be Bowen, dammit. Hopefully Ryan can light a fire under them and get them to perform like they did in 2009 when we had a top 5 run defense. Again, it's all the same guys.

I was just finally looking forward to starting an End with some impressive pass rush skill. Our Ends are very run defense oriented, which is never a bad thing in a 34, but still.
Our best pass rusher on the DL is our NT. Pathetic.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:12 AM    (permalink
Crimson79
Rookie

Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Our best pass rusher on the DL is our NT. Pathetic.
Mother of Gawd would you chill out.
Crimson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 01:45 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Funny enough...even though, we had been in contact with some of the big names, this off-season is turning out a lot like a lot of us initially imagined. When we thought that we didnt have all that much to spend, that is.

The only real kick in the teeth has been losing Bowen, however. Other than that, I was just hoping to grab a safety or two and a RG. All still very possible. Trying to look at the bright side, of our quiet off-season, at least. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-30-2011, 01:50 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson79 View Post
Mother of Gawd would you chill out.
Mediocrity doesn't suit me very well and I'm tired of the impotency of this team's management. We aren't winning the SB this season, next season or any season in the foreseeable future. This is how I deal with it. Venting on a damn forum.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:12 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're annoying. The sky isn't falling, it's august 1st. Let the games begin before you start with the doom and gloom. This is the same team(see. better) that went 5-3 over the last 8 games without Romo, Dez, and a slew of other injuries.

Stop it, you're acting like my 7 year old daughter when she doesn't get her way.

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 07-30-2011 at 02:14 AM.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:18 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I'm just so disgusted. Maybe tomorrow will be a new day, but right now, I'm royally pissed.

If I'm offending anybody... pls forgive me.... just let me be for today. haha.

Right now Cullen Jenkins will be the only guy that can cheer me up. But I think signing Spears ended that. *************** )@&*(#$)*&@$#)Q(@3$_
See bold .
Old 07-30-2011, 03:56 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

OK. Now here's some good news. More from the player's standpoint than the Cowboys, but Ty Warren wants to play here. Woohoo!

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com...#ixzz1Tff8LECO

Source: Ty Warren is interested in joining Cowboys

The Patriots released defensive end Ty Warren on Friday. A source said Warren, a Bryan High and Texas A&M product, is interested in returning home to play for either the Cowboys or the Texans. He grew up a Cowboys fan and Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan was the linebackers coach with Warren in New England in 2003, ao they have a relationship.

Warren failed his physical, failing his conditioning test. But it had nothing to do with his hip. He already had been cleared from the hip injury that forced him to miss all of last season. undergoing surgery last Aug. 16 to repair a torn labrum.

Warren has played in 105 games since the Patriost picked in him in the first round of the 2003 draft. He has 496 tackles, 20.5 sacks and four forced fumbles in his career.

If the Cowboys don't jump all over this, then they are indeed stupid.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:25 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not really understanding the 'poor decision making' of the Cowboys D-Unit. You want to go back in time and draft a luxury pick rather than staying put and getting great value at a position of need. Then you want to sign an injury risk (Columbo 2.0) to protect Romo. I would be pissed if they showed that flashy, fan pleasing, type of plan as opposed to filling needs and sticking to JG's plan.

Coleman/Spears are solid 3-4 lineman I HATE when people act as though they should be penetrating sack beasts. It is highly scheme dependent and if you think Ryan would ask/approve signings of dlineman that don't fit his scheme you're being naive. Obviously Rob isn't going to be asking his 3-4 DEs to play like Rat. Occupy blockers, be solid against the run, and give Ware and Spencer the space to get sacks.

Another positive of the Coleman signing is that we may be lucky enough to get rid of the dancing bear Russian. We can still have a very solid, and unspectacular (which is a good thing considering our owner) off-season. We trimmed dead weight, we re-signed our franchise LT, we drafted our future LT/RT, we signed/re-signed our 3-4 DE depth, and still have the cap space to finish off our needs at FS/SS/RG.

Safeties: Huff/Elam/Sensabaugh/Whitner/Goldson/Pool
R. Guard: Bialock/Waters/Bell/
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 07:40 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need to consider a play on a WR too. Outside of our starters I'm not comfortable with what we have.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 07:40 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How much is Cullen Jenkins going for? Warren is an obvious move, but I'm curious about the price Jenkins will get, seems like he'd be affordable. Huff & Elam could both still be had also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 07:43 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Didnt someone post that Holland came in at a sloppy weight again? Every Dallas site seems to be jumping the gun on his becoming the starter. Even going as far as interviewing him about starting for the upcoming season. Scares me a bit. But I'm holding out hope that we jump into this RG market soon. Holland's serviceable, but there are better players out there.

Seriously...we were preparing to spend some cash on Aso. You best upgrade your RG position. Aside from the #3 WR position, it's the only position on the offense that I'm a little concerned about.

I'm not that high on Oggs right now...I actually would love to see Harris nail down the spot. Manny probably has a better shot, though. That said, I wouldnt mind signing a #3...but it's not that necessary. But we're a WR injury away from a potentially scary situation.

I think Oggs will be fine after awhile, but Harris is a perfect fit for the #3 role right away. He's just a very explosive player who makes plays in space, I think he'll play in the slot more so then Austin now. He won't learn all the positions, may struggle off the jam, but if we get him in space on some WR screens like we love to run, or bubble routes, or just underneath routes as a safety valve, he'll be our best option.

He's going to be a guy you try and give the ball to 2-5 times a game in various positions.

Quote:
Old 07-30-2011, 08:39 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Team's problem is with 23 million in dead cap next year -- pretty hard to do anything without burying yourself even further.

Jones' past player acquisition sins have (again) come back to bite the team. The cuts, while needed, were all players that other GMs never would have paid what Jones paid.

Smart money was never on Barber living out his contract, Roy doing anything, Davis not getting lazy again. Even the Colombo contract was silly b/c they did have Free who they sat on way too long. In fact, even the Roy trade itself (money aside) was dumb because you had Austin and the management could not project. Bringing back Elam? You cut him in favor of Williams SS a few years back.

So, it seems the team is making good moves and a sign of real thinking going on (subtsance over style) in Dallas but till 2013 FA forget about anything big like ASO.

Last edited by yanksknicks : 07-30-2011 at 08:43 AM.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:41 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Guys, let's not keep worrying about the cap next year. Watch when it gets here it gets manipulated again and were under and signing FA's. Jerry isn't that stupid, he's a big part of the CBA's and he understands cap management as well as anyone.

I just don't see the point in worrying about it now because it'll work itself out. I can't remember us ever being in cap trouble.

Quote:
Old 07-30-2011, 08:46 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
OK. Now here's some good news. More from the player's standpoint than the Cowboys, but Ty Warren wants to play here. Woohoo!

The Patriots released defensive end Ty Warren on Friday. A source said Warren, a Bryan High and Texas A&M product, is interested in returning home to play for either the Cowboys or the Texans. He grew up a Cowboys fan and Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan was the linebackers coach with Warren in New England in 2003, ao they have a relationship.

Warren failed his physical, failing his conditioning test. But it had nothing to do with his hip. He already had been cleared from the hip injury that forced him to miss all of last season. undergoing surgery last Aug. 16 to repair a torn labrum.

Warren has played in 105 games since the Patriost picked in him in the first round of the 2003 draft. He has 496 tackles, 20.5 sacks and four forced fumbles in his career.

Chiefs scooped up Kelly Gregg, had no idea he was even out there. Great signing, I need to look at the numbers and see what he got in comparison to Spears.

Quote:
Old 07-30-2011, 08:50 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

And he's willing to play for the vet minimum, this should be a no brainer for us.

Per Rotoworld:

Quote:
Free agent DE Ty Warren is reportedly willing to play for the veteran's minimum in order to sign with a contender.

SI's Peter King stresses that Warren will not return to the Patriots. Warren, 30, was a top-ten 3-4 defensive end in football two years ago, according to Pro Football Focus. He's openly expressed interest in Dallas and Houston.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:04 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But he wants to play for a contender. Lol
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:59 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would there be a cap hit for cutting Igor? Or would the boys actually save some cap space?

After getting Spears/Coleman for such cheap deals, wouldn't it be possible to still go after C.Jenkins, cutting Igor, and having enough to resign Sense and signing Abram?

That would literally be the best possible FA period for the 'Boys. Improves the safety play, pass rush, and we'd have to hope Jenkins returned to form, and TNew would be healthy. I'd expect a night and day difference out of that Defense.

Especially after reading all of the different pre-snap adjustments the Boys are making in Training Camp.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
And he's willing to play for the vet minimum, this should be a no brainer for us.

Per Rotoworld:
Shocked that he's not a Cowboy yet. Completely shocked. Might as well say this... "Congratulations Houston."
Old 07-30-2011, 01:36 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

We have no intentions of cutting Igor and we're out of the Jenkins race. Spears, Ratliff, and Igor will be the starters this year. Coleman provides a solid rotational DE and hopefully Lissemore can step up and be that that pass rush end that we could use.

As for Ty Warren...I would love to bring him into the fold as well. He understands that he's not necessarily looking at a starting role anymore. And he would certainly give us a discount based on what he said. We may not appear to be a contender, necessarily...but the home town discount could very much be in play.

If I had to guess, I'd say we're done at end, though. And with word of us being done with Sensy and not interested in Huff. It sounds more and more like Elam/Church will be the safety duo.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-30-2011, 01:48 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone interested in Randy Moss?

We're going to have to outscore teams to win games, why not get one of the best deep threats in the game. Moss and Dez on the outside with Miles in the slot would be insane. It would be a power move after what the Eagles are doing with their secondary.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Anyone interested in Randy Moss?

We're going to have to outscore teams to win games, why not get one of the best deep threats in the game. Moss and Dez on the outside with Miles in the slot would be insane. It would be a power move after what the Eagles are doing with their secondary.
Moss would be horrible. No thanks.

Our WR corps is the last of my worries. For offense, it's all about the OL.

What's happening on the Vonta Leach front? I want him!

Last edited by D-Unit : 07-30-2011 at 01:54 PM.