Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 07-30-2011, 01:56 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nothing as of late...but I'd imagine our chances are rather lower, considering our true FB use and offensive style, compared to the Broncos and Ravens. The other two teams that want him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 03:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Nothing as of late...but I'd imagine our chances are rather lower, considering our true FB use and offensive style, compared to the Broncos and Ravens. The other two teams that want him.
Good point.

I'm a bit cooled off from yesterday. Nothing like some good ole fashion youtube clips to cheer you up.

I loved Josh Thomas' interview. If you haven't seen it, it's pretty awesome. I just love the part where he talks about the call he got from Jerry on draft day.

D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 03:16 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cool interview, I like Thomas and am hoping he brings a little toughness to our secondary.

Some bad news though, ESPNDallas is reporting that WR coach Jimmy Robinson has been carted off the field and brought to the local hospital. Supposedly during a punt drill, WR Teddy Williams was the gunner running full speed and got pushed out of bounds collideing into Robinson. They think it could be a head injury and it seemed pretty serious.

Let's hope he's alright.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 03:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Cool interview, I like Thomas and am hoping he brings a little toughness to our secondary.

Some bad news though, ESPNDallas is reporting that WR coach Jimmy Robinson has been carted off the field and brought to the local hospital. Supposedly during a punt drill, WR Teddy Williams was the gunner running full speed and got pushed out of bounds collideing into Robinson. They think it could be a head injury and it seemed pretty serious.

Let's hope he's alright.
Holy crap. Hope it goes well.

Fricken Teddy... cut his ass. He's been dropping everything and now this...
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teddy has been an embarassment out there. Not his fault if he was pushed into him, but yeah...Teddy isnt a football player.

I heard Josh Thomas has looked solid, on the flip side. I just cant wait until we actually get a bunch of our starters back in camp...Free, Kosier, Gurode, Spears, any additional safety.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-30-2011, 03:32 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cullen Jenkins to the Eagles, 5 years 25 Mil

Last edited by TheFinisher : 07-30-2011 at 03:34 PM.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:33 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

So why the **** wouldnt we pay Jenkins 5 years ; $25 million? Instead of splurging on Spears? Bleh. Spears isnt a horrible signing but, it was only an extra $5 million for a superior player. The Eagles dont even need the guy...the Eagles spending is really pissing me off. :(

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-30-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
So why the **** wouldnt we pay Jenkins 5 years ; $25 million? Instead of splurging on Spears? Bleh. Spears isnt a horrible signing but, it was only an extra $5 million for a superior player. The Eagles dont even need the guy...the Eagles spending is really pissing me off. :(
So in the past week they added Nnamdi, Jenkins, DRC, Babin... am I forgetting anybody?

WHAT ARE WE DOING?!
Old 07-30-2011, 03:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'm not a fan of spending like that to build your team...but I at least hoped we would make a few FA splashes, once the money was figured out.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-30-2011, 03:46 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okoye was released, would he be a fit at de?
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 04:02 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

He was going to play end for Wade, he said, but the Texans never really seemed to like his fit in the 34. He seemed excited about the prospect of moving to end. But they were looking to trade him. If he's game, I wouldnt mind taking a flyer on the guy, he's still only 24. And I actually do like his fit at 34 end. He could also be kicked inside on passing downs. That said, he hasnt shown that he could consistently rush the passer at all...he was supposed to be big time, in this aspect by now. He's been a bust to this point, but again, I actually like what he brings to the table at end. Worth a flyer for sure. Should come very cheap.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-30-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Sensabaugh is reportedly too expensive for us and he most likely won't be back.

Didn't really want him back anyway but now with the slim pickings left at safety I figured he would have been an attractive cheap option. I'm really starting to get worried about the safety spot, AOA or Church are not ready to start.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

It's probably going to be an Elam/Church pairing. I really doubt they'd throw AOA to the wolves at FS and the coaches like Church.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-30-2011, 04:39 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol I know it's wayyyyy to early to be thinking about the season....but the Cowboys play the Eagles the saturday night game...christmas eve...

I swear nothing will make for a better story than for the underdog to beat the miami heat of the NFL on a national holiday.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 04:40 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean is it possible were sitting by idely bc we like our young safeties?
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 04:42 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
I mean is it possible were sitting by idely bc we like our young safeties?
No. I'm 100% confident that Elam will be a Cowboy. The Browns have moved on, he fits perfectly, and the interest is mutual.

He already knows the defense, so there isnt a huge rush...but it'd be nice to just get it done already.

Quote:
Lol I know it's wayyyyy to early to be thinking about the season....but the Cowboys play the Eagles the saturday night game...christmas eve...

I swear nothing will make for a better story than for the underdog to beat the miami heat of the NFL on a national holiday.
I was getting nervous about week one, against Revis and Aso. Turns out we have to play some super star Eagles team twice a year now. Cool.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-30-2011, 04:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like crap seeing Nmandi and Jenkins go to the Eagles.

You guys must feel even worse. It's like going to the club, hitting on a girl, then seeing your worst enemy swoop in, tap her on the shoulder, and say "she's coming with me" to you.

Then you go after girl #2, and the same thing happens, except this time he says "no *****, this one is mine too" and leaves with both of them for what you assume to be one hell of a 3some.

Meanwhile you're left with your right hand and Marcus Spears.

We can group hug on this one. I feel like crap seeing the Eagles rape the league too.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:47 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, rumors are they about to sign Plax. They're going all in. I can't even be mad, that's what a well run Front Office is supposed to do. Build the team through the draft, re-sign your core/franchise players, and sign the missing FA pieces to put you over the top.

Wow...

They still have some issues, obviously. I'm not as worried about their CB's as everyone else. Defensively they're still weak. Offensively, I can honestly say the Boys/Eagles are about the same. The problem is their defense IS better than ours on paper, so when it comes down to a shootout, all they need is one more stop.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:50 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I feel like crap seeing Nmandi and Jenkins go to the Eagles.

You guys must feel even worse. It's like going to the club, hitting on a girl, then seeing your worst enemy swoop in, tap her on the shoulder, and say "she's coming with me" to you.

Then you go after girl #2, and the same thing happens, except this time he says "no *****, this one is mine too" and leaves with both of them for what you assume to be one hell of a 3some.

Meanwhile you're left with your right hand and Marcus Spears.

We can group hug on this one. I feel like crap seeing the Eagles rape the league too.
Haha, I needed that.

It's not even just the Nnamdi and Jenkins signings, the only outside help we've brought in is Kenyon frick'n Coleman. Bowen has walked, Hatcher doesn't look to be back and I don't even want to think of what we currently have at safety.

I think after last season and how the defense performed, most of us figured the only way to go is up.... but it appears we may have been wrong.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:52 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

This goes beyond normal FA spending...I wouldnt even like if Dallas tried to buy their way to a championship. I cant really hate, because they have the money under the cap to do so. But I'm just not big on this style of over spending in FA.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-30-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

If they win it all........well.....it was worth it, no?

I'm not a fan either...and for the most part, the Cowboys are doing exactly what we've said they SHOULD"VE been doing for years....it just hurts seeing a division rival do the opposite. It's basically a taste of our own medicine in the 90's. It's why the 'Boys are so hated, really.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I will never agree with over spending...I think it cheapens everything. Again, I cant hate if the money is actually available. This is why I am a salary cap fan. But I will always be the type that believes more so in a steady progression toward a championship, built primarily through the draft, more so than an all out off-season spending spree to get you there. I'm a fan of team growth and player progression, what can I say? haha.

And additionally...it may be a blessing in disguise that we didnt over spend, with a huge cap deficit of dead money looming. We always manage to do well with the cap situation, but $20+ million, in addition to us being over the cap next year, aint gonna be as easy to over come. Lucky for us, we've had to cut bad over priced players, I just dont want to ever get to the point where we're cutting good over priced players. You can only push things back so far before the cap becomes a burden. The Colts and Steelers had to deal with these things before as well. Leading to the release of prominent players.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-30-2011, 05:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The season isn't over for you guys yet. Do I view the Cowboys as a SB contender? No I do not.

Do I view the Cowboys as a team that's as talented as the Eagles or Giants? No I do not.

However, you never know what happens during a season. You can sneak in as a wildcard. The offense is loaded, and while the defense will be mediocre this year, offense tends to win in the regular season, so you never know.

If you can catch some lucky bounces, tear it up on offense, and stay healthy and the rest of the division doesn't stay healthy, who knows. You never know.

But the Eagles in my eyes are clearly the favorites right now, and I'd be lying to you if I told you I'm afraid of the Cowboys this season.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'm not low on the season at all, myself. The way I view it, is that we're going to be just as talented as we've been for the last few years. The offense is going to be good, we all know that. Probably better even, with Miles and Dez starting, a full work load out of Felix, and what should be a better offensive line. Davis/Colombo used to be excellent, but they were horrible last year...Smith is rookie, but should be an upgrade and hopefully we sign a RG. Damn near anyone is better than what we got out of Davis last year.

On defense...the front seven is exactly the same as it was two years ago, when we had a top 10 defense, and a top 5 rush defense. It's quite possible that Ryan's schematic changes and fire, could get these guys playing good football again. At corner, they're all the same. Coming off a rough year at corner, but they've all played well in the past. Jenkins just really needs to get some confidence back, and Scandrick came on strong at the end of last year. At safety, almost anything is better than Ball, you'd imagine...and Elam/Sensabaugh is a push, possibly better, if that's who we end up with.

No, we havent seen many upgrades...but we've trimmed almost all of the fat away. Dallas could certainly still surprise with an a new coaching regime in charge and a new approach to the 34 defense.

I'm actually not worried in the slightest. I'm not going into this season expecting to win it all. Just taking it game by game. Dallas plays well as an underdog and our schedule has the potential to be rather weak. They could be better than a lot of people think.

I'm disappointed that we havent been able to land some guys...but I'm still very excited to get this season under way.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-30-2011 at 05:39 PM.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:46 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Really though, our out of division schedule doesnt look too bad aside from the Jets and Pats.

Four games against the horrible NFC West, Buffalo, Detroit, Miami, and Tampa. Granted, Tampa has turned things around, but they're still a maturing team. They could just as easily go back to struggling this year, it just remains to be seen. Those are 8 very winnable games.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS