Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-01-2011, 04:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Tim MacMahon (ESPNDallas): It sounds like Jason Hatcher is coming back. Our guys are working on confirming and getting details of the deal.
Can't say this surprises me. I mean geez... we resigned Alan Ball for cryin' out loud. There's no logic that explains the moves we've made. Just waiting for the news that Jaques Reeves and Bobby Carpenter are coming back.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:57 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ball was expected back before FA even started, though. He was restricted and he's moving back to corner. He's been pegged as our 4th corner for a while.

That said, I still dont like him as a player.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Ball was expected back before FA even started, though. He was restricted and he's moving back to corner. He's been pegged as our 4th corner for a while.

That said, I still dont like him as a player.
Rather play Thomas or McCann over Ball at corner. Rather find some UDFA than Ball.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well.... Someone tell Andrew Luck not to get hurt this year we are going to be rebuilding next year by the looks of things.

Jerry generally goes out and signs SOMEBODY to a large contract every year not wanting to be outshined by Daniel Synder but both have been shown up by any of the Eagles signings so far.

Yes, that is drastic that we will be rebuilding but we have some large holes yet to fill.

#3 Receiver... Ogeltree (I'm not as high as others on him), Jesse Holley (Mr. 4th and Long Himself???), Dwayne Harris (My personal favorite) or do we go with Felix or Murray as a Slot Receiver?

Interior O-Line: No one seems to be as concerned about Gurode being hurt as I seem to be because he has had his struggles even when he is healthy so i'm concerned about him not being 100%. Then you have Koiser and Holland at Guard which makes me cringe.

RT: I like Tyron Smith as much as anyone, but we all have seen numerous Tackles get drafted and be overwhelmed by the speed of the NFL, we are throwing a young kid out to the wolves i'm just thankful it will be will Romo can see him coming.

DE: I've been a huge fan of Spears for a long time and I think Kenyon Coleman plays great and knows his role for what he is. I don't think Olshansky and Spears as starters is the answer but I can easily be proven wrong.

S: Obvious concern here..... We have currently....... Wait.... Who do we have? McCray, Church, AOA and Sendejo (Sure add Alan Ball to the mix since we resigned him)... No idea who these guys are? Thats ok your not alone there.... Here is a breakdown of them for you.
McCray (Didn't start in college is purely a Special Teamer so anyone with pipe dreams of him starting is nuts.)
Church (Undrafted, though he shouldn't have been, was one of the last roster spots on the team last year but hey he looked good on special teams didn't he?)
AOA (Well.. He's Fast thats about all we have been able to tell seeing has he has been hurt for the majority of his time wearing a star not to meniton hasn't seen this competition level ever before)
Sendejo (Heck, I had to look him up, Looks like he had a great career at Rice (A Doormat in the C-USA) and was on the Practice Squad at the end of the year.)
Alan Ball (The guy got thrown to the sharks last year and we saw what happened, he was way over his head trying to play out of position, but let's be honest he wasn't getting any help from an experienced safety in Sensabaugh which you need if your going to break in a new safety in this league; Had he been with Darren Woodson or even Roy Williams I think the kid could have been much better but he was overthinking the entire process.)

So feel safe with our SAFEties? I sure don't and an Abram Elam isn't going to make things a whole lot better.

We thought last year was rough, let's just pray that Romo doesn't get killed again.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:04 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never seen so many negative nancy's. This is largely the same team that won it's first playoff game(ken freakin hamlin anyone), with a better offensive line, with a new coach, and new d.coord. Are they SB contenders? I'd say no....are they talented enough to have a winning record and make it to the playoffs...definitely. There's largely no team in the league without holes....

Eagles have the weakest LB'ers in the NFC east, a QB that can't stay healthy, and still a up and down line.

Giants are rebuilding their line, have a weak LB'er core, key injuries at receiver, and a QB that's come off his worst season on record.

Redskins have Beck and Grossman battling...a weak oline, no names at WR/RB.

That's just in our division, they have a 3rd place schedule, and just a few bounces their way can be the difference between a win and loss. They had some REALLY bad bounces last year...flukey turnovers(T.Choice fumble, Roy Williams fumble, buncha interceptions bouncing of Austin/Witten into defenders hands).

The Cowboys strength is going to be their offense, we know this. If Jenkins reverts to form,Spencer plays ANYWHERE near his '09-10 season, T.New stays somewhat healthy(Not a copout, but I think his rib injury was a huge reason why he struggled), we upgrade the secondary(even with Abram/AOA is better than last year).

I really think folks are underestimating the team and coaching. The difference in the defensive schemes and moving Rat/Ware around will do wonders.

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 08-01-2011 at 07:08 PM.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:06 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's a little quote from Rob Ryan today which is thought to be a jab at the Eagles.

Quote:
Rob Ryan: "I don’t know if we win all-hype team. That might have gone to someone else, but we’re going to beat their *** when we play them."
So awesome.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 08-01-2011 at 07:09 PM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:16 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard that quote on ESPN radio, exactly why I wanted him as a DC. Think Wade ever says anything like that? I just wish we had given him more personnel to work with. Our DE's are flat out trash. Hatcher is solid, good rotational player but it makes you question what were doing when we re-sign Spears and let Bowen go. I'd love to say the guys who do this for a living know better then I do but Bowen has been better then Spears for at least 2 years now.

I'm just sick of looking at Spears playing DE for us. I would have been a bigger proponent for JJ Watt if I knew we were going to trot out with this group of ends. Be nice if Brent-Price ended up a stud DE, or a stud NT and Ratliff was a DE, that would make some sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:37 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea that kinda sucks, re-signing Spears and Hatcher almost guarantees we won't be in the market for drafting a DE early for at least 3 to 4 years... *sigh*
Old 08-01-2011, 07:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Here's a little quote from Rob Ryan today which is thought to be a jab at the Eagles.

So awesome.
Rob Ryan is my hero.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
I've never seen so many negative nancy's. This is largely the same team that won it's first playoff game(ken freakin hamlin anyone), with a better offensive line, with a new coach, and new d.coord. Are they SB contenders? I'd say no....are they talented enough to have a winning record and make it to the playoffs...definitely. There's largely no team in the league without holes....

Eagles have the weakest LB'ers in the NFC east, a QB that can't stay healthy, and still a up and down line.

Giants are rebuilding their line, have a weak LB'er core, key injuries at receiver, and a QB that's come off his worst season on record.

That's just in our division, they have a 3rd place schedule, and just a few bounces their way can be the difference between a win and loss. They had some REALLY bad bounces last year...flukey turnovers(T.Choice fumble, Roy Williams fumble, buncha interceptions bouncing of Austin/Witten into defenders hands).

The Cowboys strength is going to be their offense, we know this. If Jenkins reverts to form,Spencer plays ANYWHERE near his '09-10 season, T.New stays somewhat healthy(Not a copout, but I think his rib injury was a huge reason why he struggled), we upgrade the secondary(even with Abram/AOA is better than last year).

I really think folks are underestimating the team and coaching. The difference in the defensive schemes and moving Rat/Ware around will do wonders.
No one is saying we can't compete. It's the fact that our competition got better while we remained the same. There's no giving our offseason an A+. Why not? Why do we have to settle for anything less? Should we just be grateful because they are our team? That's too homeristic for me. I feel like an honest fan can be both complimentary and critical of their team when the situation calls for it.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:06 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not about negative nancy, or being a homer, whatever. Everybody has their thoughts on the team as is. I'm just a realist. For the last few years I was very confident in the talent top to bottom, and felt we were a SB team. Now? Not even close. It's not about being negative just for the sake of it, it's just how I see it.

I'm just not going to be all positive every year if there isn't a realistic chance to feel like we are going to win a SB. I'm also not going to be negative every season like some others and just bash Jerry well, because he's Jerry.

But if your honest with yourself, and look around at the top tiered teams and how they are stacked up, it's pretty obvious were not winning the SB and that's all that matters to me. Not winning a playoff game(already got that monkey off our back), not being competitive, I want to win the SB or get as good of a pick possible.

I just don't see the moves we have made, or will make that contends with the roster of Atlanta, Green Bay, or especially Philadelphia, and that's just the NFC. Of course we could beat those teams, any given Sunday. But were not anywhere near as good, and we need Romo to play literally lights out for that to happen, and I'm not even sure I'm that confident in our offensive line for that to happen.

We didn't have to be off-season heroes to make me feel confident, but our secondary is laughable. Have you guys seen Newman cover anyone consistently in the last 2 years? He's our best CB as is. Still waiting on a Safety. DE's were a weakness last year and got worse. Interior offensive line is still going to be a problem.

That's not being negative those are facts. We can sugar coat things because it's the off-season if we want to, but there were some logical moves out there, affordable as well, we could have made to improve us as a team. We passed. I am happy we cut the fat on some expensive, sorry vets, but that's not enough. We are approaching the off-season like we are in rebuilding season and Romo is 24 years old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

We have to remember... Tyron Smith is RAAAAW. We knew this before we drafted him, and we expected it to take time. He will make mistakes and his rookie year will be tough and have many ups and downs. We could see more downs than ups in fact. But the key is patience there.

With that said... If you agree that our offense relies on the success of our OL, then this will be another year of long suffering... because simply resigning Kosier and any other leftover FA lineman won't cut it. We needed immediate upgrades along the OL and we missed the boat in FA. Instead of talking to agents of Guards like Dahl, Blalock, Davin Joseph, Marshal Yanda, Daryn Colledge, Robert Gallery... we were talking Alan Balls' agent. Oh and our rival Eagles? They drafted the #1 most ready Guard with their 1st overall pick in the draft. We laughed then. Today we cry. Damn they are good at managing their roster!
Old 08-01-2011, 08:31 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
No one is saying we can't compete. It's the fact that our competition got better while we remained the same. There's no giving our offseason an A+. Why not? Why do we have to settle for anything less? Should we just be grateful because they are our team? That's too homeristic for me. I feel like an honest fan can be both complimentary and critical of their team when the situation calls for it.
Absolutely..I'm just not as down on the moves as everyone else. I'm not being a "homer"...It's not as if Jerry didn't try. He went in for ASO, and literally thought he had him. We can't have it both ways, we can't keep mismanaging the cap and then being upset we didn't sign the top FA's. There were rumors they tried for Cullen. It seems everyone is upset that we didn't sign Bowen....which Jerry should've, but the Redskins overpaid. That's a fact....Should jerry have matched it? Sure, but that was in the midst of going for Cullen/Aso. I'm not as down as everyone else because Aso/Cullen took less money because they wanted to play with Vick. Cowboys don't have the draw they once used to....that's moreso the problem then anything...and that's a result of Jerry mismanaging the roster for so long, the Colts/Steelers/Pats/Eagles all put their young players on the field, but we as Boys fans don't want to see anything but stars starting. Me personally, if we're not superbowl contenders...Why not start AOA(health permitting)? Why not play McCann? Arkin? Church? Brent? Lissemore? Etc...etc...These are the young players that we drafted that should be getting time to get accustomed to NFL speed, and have all showed promise in one way or another....Could they bust? And we have another losing season? Sure....but that's better than overspending on FA's and winning a wildcard playoff game and picking 26th in the draft, and continuing to be in cap hell...

With all that said, I'm excited from what I see ON the field...the coaches seem to be COACHING, and I'm excited at seeing what the offense can do with Garrett, and the Defense under Rob Ryan.

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 08-01-2011 at 08:43 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:50 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Bruce Carter might miss the entire pre-season, and possibly the opener.

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com...#ixzz1TpNw9MsZ

Quote:
Rookie linebacker Bruce Carter remains sidelined by a torn anterior cruciate ligament and could miss the entire preseason a source said.

The second round pick is still rehabbing the injury, suffered in November during his final season at North Carolina.

He was placed on the non football injury list to start camp and might be out another month, putting him in danger of missing the entire preseason and possibly the season opener.

Clarence E. Hill Jr.

Read more: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com...#ixzz1TpPis3hn
Old 08-01-2011, 09:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Bruce Carter might miss the entire pre-season, and possibly the opener.

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com...#ixzz1TpNw9MsZ
I'm not expecting a thing from this guy all year. Never really was. Which is a shame for a 2nd rounder. I don't even want to look back at who we passed on. I might vomit on my keyboard.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:05 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He could miss more time than that even. If they leave him on the list when the regular season starts, he has to miss the first 6 games.

Like I posted before, anything you get out of him is just a plus this year. It's not like we were counting on him to play a major role this year anyway. He's coming off a major knee injury, he has to be given time to repair/strengthen it.

This was the same ole song when we drafted Sean Lee, really. You just shouldnt expect much until year 2.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-01-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
He could miss more time that even. If they leave him on the list when the regular season starts, he has to miss the first 6 games.

Like I posted before, anything you get out of him is just a plus this year. It's not like we were counting on him to playa major role this year anyway. He's coming off a major knee injury, he has to be given time to repair/strengthen it.

This was the same ole song when we drafted Sean Lee, really. You just shouldnt expect much until year 2.
Yeah, in year 2, I'll expect A LOT more. He better be Ray Lewis.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:11 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

We can only hope. lol

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-01-2011, 09:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
We can only hope. lol
He's probably closer to Ernie Sims. lol.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:25 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

The more I read about Ryan's schemes, the more I can't wait for this season...Victor Butler has been getting major burn apparently

Quote:
-- Kid watch -- Victor Butler. If Demarcus Ware is the sherriff in Rob Ryan's new scheme, Victor Butler has been his deputy this first week. Butler is in all the nickel and dime sets, often lining up next to Ware on the weakside. Sometimes the Cowboys rush one. Often Ryan sends them both.

Also...I can't wait to see Dez break out...I really don't think Aso or any other CB is going to be able to contain this dude....He reminds me so much of Michael Irvin with how fired up he gets....

Quote:
Dez bryant has been the best player in Cowboys camp not named DeMarcus Ware. He certainly is the fan favorite.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
The more I read about Ryan's schemes, the more I can't wait for this season...Victor Butler has been getting major burn apparently

Also...I can't wait to see Dez break out...I really don't think Aso or any other CB is going to be able to contain this dude....He reminds me so much of Michael Irvin with how fired up he gets....
Victor Butler is way better than Anthony Spencer. Quite frankly, he's been better for a long time.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Vic Butler and Brandon Williams have both been receiving a lot of praise this training camp, indeed.

I wouldnt read much into yet, but Dashon Goldson mentioned Dallas as a team he would like to play for. I really like Goldson, but he's supposedly been in tight contract negotiations with the Niners since FA started. He's more than likely going back there. He's been interested in re-signing, but they havent been able to agree on the right price.

Found it pretty funny that Huff said his intent was to re-sign with the Raiders all along. And he wouldnt even pick up the phone for other teams. Not to mention, he said the deal with Oakland had actually been done really early into FA, but it was foiled by that 30% role.

Quote:
"I'm from Dallas, so everybody put two and two together," ... "The whole time I knew what was going on, and the Raiders knew what was going on. So there was really no panic on our side."

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-02-2011, 03:53 AM    (permalink
Crimson79
Rookie

Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not known for being a sunshine pumper, but I really think the team will rebound this year.

The offense is going to put points on the board. The offensive line will be decent, and the skill players are just a nasty group.

I don't expect the defense to be an overly dominant group, but I do think they will be much improved. Once WP became a dead man walking last year the team pretty much packed up shop. Kind of hard to be motivated don't ya think?

It all depends on the coaching. If the coaches can get the team to come out and play like their hair is on fire then I think they have the chance to make the playoffs. After you make it there anything is possible.
Crimson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

My comments on this correspond in the colors

No this is not the same team, the team that was in the playoffs was not built by Jerry Jones, Wade Phillips nor Jason Garrett. That team was full of a bunch of guys that were hungry and was build around the idea of winning as an attitude. We had more characters on the team but they were all focused around winning football games first... The team got there and then began turning into a circus. Beside the fact that I would take Ken Hamlin a few years ago over any single person we have at safety as of right now.

Eagles as much as you try to knock them are the favorites in the NFC East and maybe even the NFC.... They didn't lose much and gained some key cogs to the machine. They have Vick and behind him they have a guy who has won championships even if it was in College. These guys all bought into the attitude of let's win a ring and some have taken pay cuts to come join the team.

Giants are the blue collar team in the East. They aren't flashy, they aren't the most hyped team but they show up and get the job done year in and year out and I think that may be an attribute to the coaching as much as I don't like Coughlin.

Redskins are trying to fill more holes than us and I think we at this moment beat them twice but with Shannahan coaching you never know.

You have been drinking too much of the koolaid. Abram Elam is not the answer that everyone keeps thinking he is. He WAS CUT by us for ROY WILLIAMS, who everyone outside of me wanted out of here for as long as I can remember. AOA has done nothing, if you remember he is transitioning from a Corner at a small school and trying to adjust to the speed when he has yet to be healthy and learn the speed of the NFL.

I agree with some of your other comments but you really need to quit drinking the koolaid. Jerry Jones and Jason Garett don't know how to build a football team and Jones never has. Our good years since Jones has taken over was when someone had the gumption to stand up to Jones and tell him that I'm getting my players my way. Then we usually have been good a year or two later when we still have those guys on the team before Jerry can add all the flash.

I don't blame Garrett about bringing in only offensive guys in draft and such as everyone here knows Jerry is all about the flash. Offense is flashy and defense just isn't.

Edit: Don't get me wrong.... I think this team can win games... I don't think we will have the defense to get deep into the playoffs if we get into them at all.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Absolutely..I'm just not as down on the moves as everyone else. I'm not being a "homer"...It's not as if Jerry didn't try. He went in for ASO, and literally thought he had him. We can't have it both ways, we can't keep mismanaging the cap and then being upset we didn't sign the top FA's. There were rumors they tried for Cullen. It seems everyone is upset that we didn't sign Bowen....which Jerry should've, but the Redskins overpaid. That's a fact....Should jerry have matched it? Sure, but that was in the midst of going for Cullen/Aso. I'm not as down as everyone else because Aso/Cullen took less money because they wanted to play with Vick. Cowboys don't have the draw they once used to....that's moreso the problem then anything...and that's a result of Jerry mismanaging the roster for so long, the Colts/Steelers/Pats/Eagles all put their young players on the field, but we as Boys fans don't want to see anything but stars starting. Me personally, if we're not superbowl contenders...
Why not start AOA(health permitting)? Why not play McCann? Arkin? Church? Brent? Lissemore? Etc...etc...These are the young players that we drafted that should be getting time to get accustomed to NFL speed, and have all showed promise in one way or another....Could they bust? And we have another losing season? Sure....but that's better than overspending on FA's and winning a wildcard playoff game and picking 26th in the draft, and continuing to be in cap hell...

With all that said, I'm excited from what I see ON the field...the coaches seem to be COACHING, and I'm excited at seeing what the offense can do with Garrett, and the Defense under Rob Ryan.

Ok, of the people you named....We drafted AOA, Arkin, Lissemore....Sure if you count Supplemental then Brent... But... How many of those guys did we draft in the thoughts that they need to start? Or in a high enough draft position to think that they will start? Hey, don't get me wrong I would love to be like the Patriots and pull gem after gem in the late rounds that can begin playing and contributing in year one.... But we haven't been doing that.