Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-09-2011, 08:26 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
More on our young O-linemen per ESPN Dallas

SAN ANTONIO -- The Cowboys held their Blue-White Scrimmage on Sunday afternoon with a mix of some good and bad.

There were players that stepped up to the challenge that needed to prove to the front office and coaches that their spots on this team are either secure or a maybe a move was needed. Letís start with how the young right side of the offensive line played. Tyron Smith and David Arkin impressed with what they were able to accomplish in the scrimmage.

Smith was matched up against Anthony Spencer and was solid with his ability to get movement in the running game and as a pass protector. The more I get the opportunity to see Smith play live, the more I understand why he was the top-rated tackle in the draft by teams across the league. His ease of movement and patience is impressive.

Usually rookie offensive linemen will struggle with technique, overextend and have problems keeping their balance. Smithís play has improved each day.

Arkin doesnít have the prettiest technique, but he shows the ability to play on his feet and stay after his man. He has an advantage in this scheme over Montrae Holland because Arkin can pull, trap and get on the edge. With him in the lineup, the team is more athletic on the front.
Good to hear about Smith. I have to say I was extremely animate about not taking him. I'll be more curious to see him up against some of the better DE's in the league.

If Arkin can play solidly in the pre-season games, don't be surprised if he's not starting. JG wants a more athletic line anyway. To get out there on screens and pulling. With Free, Kosier, Arkin and Smith he has some guys that are pretty athletic. Gurode ain't so bad either. I'm fairly optimistic about our line. I think Holland is a solid back-up. I'd like to see another veteran come in as another back-up as well.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:30 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebonnet78 View Post
yeah i noticed he was out there, but i remember when the cowboys shredded him when he was forced into action as a Center when Jamaal Jackson went down right before the 2009 playoff game. I can't say i'd want him as anything more than a backup guard, though we already have that in Montrae Holland.

I hear they are trying to move Arkin over to LG now and move Kosier over to the right, which sounds smarter playing him beside two veterans.
My point exactly, in the three games we beat the Eagles back in '09 we made Cole look like a chump.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:30 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
That actually sounds brilliant. Especially since Arkin projected long term as a LG anyways. You go from a young and very questionable right side to a balanced line where our young guys don't have to learn a new position from what they played in college. Plus, we play them in between the vets. Good good.
Plus now you don't have two rookies playing on the same side.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:45 AM    (permalink
bluebonnet78
Rookie

bluebonnet78 is a cocksman.bluebonnet78 is a cocksman.bluebonnet78 is a cocksman.

Somewhat encouraging news from Kosier about the possibility of Arkin starting...

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...rookie-lineman
bluebonnet78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:45 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Arkin but I'm not buying he's ready to start. We need to sign Brian Waters as a stop-gap.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
I like Arkin but I'm not buying he's ready to start. We need to sign Brian Waters as a stop-gap.
I'd like to sign Trai Essex. I think the fact is that we don't have money to spend. Otherwise, Austin and Ware would not have needed to restructure their deals.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:29 PM    (permalink
bluebonnet78
Rookie

bluebonnet78 is a cocksman.bluebonnet78 is a cocksman.bluebonnet78 is a cocksman.

Quote:
I'd like to sign Trai Essex. I think the fact is that we don't have money to spend. Otherwise, Austin and Ware would not have needed to restructure their deals.
I wouldn't doubt if they've got a little wiggle room to sign another player or two as needs arise. it may just be that the team doesn't think there is a huge qualitative difference between Essex, Waters, or L. Davis and what they already have with Holland that would make it worth signing another guard at this point. In a pinch Dallas could probably also move Gurode over to guard and put Costa in at center. Costa has been getting lots of reps in while Gurode has been out.
bluebonnet78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Waters because he's from around here and is used to playing in a system where you need quick feet. As a stop gap he would be good. Maybe his experience can rub off on the young guys. One thing I absolutely love is how Tyron Smith is really trying to get better everyday. he's supposedly always working with a coach or with D-Ware. I just love seeing guys with great athleticism not taking their physical gifts for granted. The guy is going to be a big star here.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:14 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, now they cant use the excuse of not replacing Holland because of his importance to Tyron Smith. I'd love to bring in a G, but JJ continues to say it's not happening.

As for something else...Dallas Cowboys hard knocks season is on NFL Network now. So much time spent on Todd Lowber and Keon Lattimore. :/ It was a rough camp to watch actually. Miles went down, and then I got all excited for Sam to take that #3 job, and then he went down. I really enjoyed Hard Knocks, but it def. seemed like a distraction. That said, I'd like for them to cover us again one day...after we win a Super Bowl, though. :D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
That would make sense.

And what would not ...

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...-pryor-pro-day

Last edited by yanksknicks : 08-09-2011 at 04:29 PM.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:41 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
That would make sense.

And what would not ...

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...-pryor-pro-day
Ummm ya, puke in mouth!!!
Old 08-10-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Should the Cowboys release Keith Brooking? My simple answer is No. I feel he's one of the only true team leaders. He might have lost a step or two, but I feel he brings a certain level of intensity and leadership that nobody else can. And he's the kind of guy that doesn't mind if he's only taking a certain percentage of snaps.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
BAM1988
Rookie

BAM1988 is so money.BAM1988 is so money.BAM1988 is so money.BAM1988 is so money.BAM1988 is so money.BAM1988 is so money.BAM1988 is so money.BAM1988 is so money.BAM1988 is so money.BAM1988 is so money.

Quote:
I agree, I think we are pretty tight to the cap, hence Sensy and Elam only getting one year deals at bottom bargain pricing. Next year is going to be even more of a pinch considering the dead cap space Roy, Leonard, and Colombo account for. Jerry might need to consider the fact the team is going to need to reload through SMART drafting instead of injury prone college stars that fall down the board and overpaying overhyped free agents. I think this would be a good year to stack some extra draft picks in the back pocket for luxury players such as Bennett and Choice. An extra 4th and 6th round pick might mean the difference between having the flexibility to grab a need or settling for option B. I'd even consider moving Spencer if the price was right... Victor Butler is going to be a monster in Ryan's pressure packages.
BAM1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There was a post on another site that claims the cowboys are $6million under the cap. If true, they have plenty of room to make a move or two.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
There was a post on another site that claims the cowboys are $6million under the cap. If true, they have plenty of room to make a move or two.
Believe they may be looking to apply that cap space towards relieving some of that dead money next year. Have to look at the CBA again but I believe that was one of the talking points previously on BtB.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm intrigued to see how Tim Tebow does against us tonight. Hope we shut him down. Hope we stay injury free too.

FOOTBALL IS BAAAACK BOYS! About damn time.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
BAM1988
Rookie

BAM1988 is so money.BAM1988 is so money.BAM1988 is so money.BAM1988 is so money.BAM1988 is so money.BAM1988 is so money.BAM1988 is so money.BAM1988 is so money.BAM1988 is so money.BAM1988 is so money.

Quote:
I'm intrigued to see how Tim Tebow does against us tonight. Hope we shut him down. Hope we stay injury free too.

FOOTBALL IS BAAAACK BOYS! About damn time.
I think it all depends on how unique the cover schemes Rob decides to throw into the game. Teams routinely use a much more condensed and bland version of their base defense throughout the preseason, but Ryan might want to make a statement and try to set the tone early. If that is the case expect Tebow to be dazed and confused trying the read the pre-snap movement. =D
BAM1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:48 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love me some Tebow...but I'll be pissed if he runs all over us.

Anyone know of a good place/link for a live stream?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-11-2011, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Logged into three different ones once the game coverage starts I'll kick the links to the ones actually showing the right channel :)
Old 08-11-2011, 06:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I purchased the preseason game package on nfl.com. $20. So I'll watch the game on demand when I finish work. :)
Old 08-11-2011, 06:34 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I just heard about that today...it's an option. I have Sunday Ticket already, though. I dont know why they dont just include preseason games in that package. :/

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-11-2011, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Not a terrible stream for ya Moth :)

http://exxtremegoal.weebly.com/
Old 08-11-2011, 07:25 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I found one. Thanks, though. If mine dies...I'll be heading there.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-11-2011, 07:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Bailey got a touch back...wow. This new rule blows. Kick off return is dead. But hey, he should win the kicker job, so long as he can do that all the time.

edit...

Our defense looks like ****. D-Line getting dominated. Sensy caught on an island. yuck. Not a great debut. At least we got a stand at the goal line...but it was pretty sloppy on Denver's part.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-11-2011 at 07:47 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

... Watching Bailey do that I can only imagine where Buehler's kickoffs would land LOL. I don't care if we are down 2 corners Sensy should NOT be covering WRs :|