Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-11-2011, 10:48 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
harris looked good but nate jones is the most god awful corner in the afc.. not to discredit harris and his obvious talent and potential or anything, just sayin
lol. We all know Nate Jones well. I didnt even get to see the 76 yarder.

20,000 posts in the Cowboys thread...yay.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:10 AM    (permalink
Crimson79
Rookie

Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was very impressed with David Arkin and Tyron Smith. They are further along than what I had expected. Looks like we hit on both of them.

The very first play of the game Arkin showed me the guy could play. When you guys rewatch the game, and focus on him you will know what I mean. Arkin was very good in pass pro. Moved his feet very well, and looked good getting out on a screen play. He needs to get stronger at the point of attack, but that was kind of expected. All in all he surpassed my expectations.

There really isn't much to say about Smith. The kid is going to be a beast. I can't believe he is only 20. In my opinion he looks a bit unsure of himself. Once the game slows down for him he has All Pro written all over him.

I saw that Harris had a hell of a game, but I really don't pay that much attention once you get that far into a preseason game.
Crimson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:19 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some impressions :)

Tyron Smith played very well although he did miss a block leading to a Kitna sack. Solid debut though.

Arkin looked solid in pass protection but was hoping for more in terms of getting a push in the running game.

Josh Thomas looked solid and had a nice defensive play in the end zone. Not a bad debut.

Harris looked excellent and an ideal fit for the slot. Granted you play against a lot better corners so he won't be able to get anywhere near the amount of separation :)

Shaun Chapas don't remember much aside from looking terrified when the ball came his way.

Missed noting anything on Nagy not sure if that's a good thing or not :D

From our UDFAs:

Phillip Tanner looked to be the back to be discussed rather than Miller. He was hard to bring down and showed a different explosive gear when hitting the hole. REALLY liked what I saw from him.

Miller had very little running room but also was hesitant at times when hitting the hole. Expected more from all the reports out of camp but perhaps we'll see it next game.

Radaway an extremely raw WR. Made a nice play but it's clear aside from his athletic ability he is not a WR yet (catching with his body, poor routes, etc). Seems like an excellent project for PS though.

Tysson Poots made a really nice catch and did nothing to knock him down the ladder.

-----------------

Other impressions:

McGee has progressed even from the end of last season and becoming an NFL QB even with no time -> Our reserve offensive line is AWFUL pray for a healthy year for our starters. Despite the negative tags of taking too much time / hesitant etc he looks clutch when his back is against the wall.

Felix Jones is still a dangerous weapon. One of those guys who takes a nothing play and turns it into an 80 yard TD.

Victor Butler WILL get playing time this year. He's everywhere although Tebow made him look bad on his should-be sack.

NFL has to fix the new kickoff rule or we will never again see a kickoff return.

Last edited by Trogdor : 08-12-2011 at 08:28 AM.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:31 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Solid overall performance. First team D looked a little shaky, but at least held Denver to a FG. Granted we had 4 starters out.

Liked what I saw out of our rookies for the most part.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:05 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
NFL has to fix the new kickoff rule or we will never again see a kickoff return.
I think it needs to be changed, but i've heard this mentioned quite a bit, I think we'll still see some returns. SD returner just returned a 103 yard kickoff last night.

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 08-12-2011 at 09:45 AM.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From BtB film review:

Quote:
This was the biggest positive for the Cowboys from this game, even more so than Stephen McGee's clutch plays throughout the game. There is a very good chance the Cowboys will be playing two rookies on the offensive line when the season starts against New York. The Cowboys made a late change on the line in preparation for this, moving Kyle Kosier to right guard so that David Arkin and Tyron Smith weren't playing against each other.

In their first real NFL action, I must say that there was nothing but encouraging play from both rookies.

The knock on Arkin, supposedly, is that he's a raw talent that needs more time with the strength coach to build up his ability to drive and sustain blocks. He's a very smart lineman, however, and he's mobile; while his strength supposedly isn't where it would need to be he's able to make up for it in other areas. In every play I broke down with Arkin at left guard, I only saw him get beat once -- and he wasn't even really beat. Arkin failed to turn his block to the inside which led to a short loss on a running play designed to go behind his block.

Other than that, Arkin looked like a starting NFL lineman. He consistently was able to drive his man downfield in the running game, showing great jump off the snap and good strength while engaging a defender. With Doug Free at his side, the Cowboys were not afraid to run behind left guard and the biggest running play of the day -- an 18-yard burst by Felix Jones -- came right behind a block by Arkin. I did not see Arkin get beat once in pass protection and he showed good awareness against several blitzes, even if they weren't all that exotic.

Tyron Smith is just incredible to watch. The fact that this young man doesn't turn 21 until December is astounding, as he resembled a veteran lineman both against the run and in pass protection. If he was able to get his hands on a defender, he wasn't going to be beat. He showed great recovery ability as well - even if he didn't get a full block on a speed rush to the outside he was able to fall back and get enough on the rusher so as not to allow a real threat against the pass.

The Cowboys didn't run any stretch plays or screens to his side of the field so I wasn't able to see his foot-speed in action, something I was really looking forward to. What did stand out was how Smith was able to easily engage and block Elvis Dumervil, one of the premier pass rushers in the NFL, who finished with just a single assisted tackle in limited minutes. The Broncos ran stunts and blitzes to his side and he was able, with the help of Kosier, to read the play and pick up the appropriate rusher.

It wasn't all perfect, however, as Smith showed a bit of a weakness. On two occasions he came out of his stance instantly opening up wide, which allowed the rusher to get free inside and into the pocket. Both times, the rusher went by Smith untouched as he was set up outside and the rush came right up the middle. These are simple mistakes, made by a rookie in his first game and are are easily correctable.

-- Stephen McGee is a very accurate passer when he decides to calm his feet and stand strong in the pocket. Good job by Jason Garrett in getting him out of the pocket at times, as he is suddenly a very accurate passer when he's on the run.

-- Felix Jones looks to be back to his old, speedy self. Great burst both between the tackles and in the open field.
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2011/...b-ryan-defense
Old 08-12-2011, 12:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dwayne Harris is something special. He deserves the #3 WR spot. No one is even close, imo. I know he's just a rookie 5th round pick, but he clearly looks like the best man for the job. When we drafted him, this is what we hoped for. I say give it to him and let him run with it.

Nice to see John Phillips make his presence. He was my breakout candidate this year, but damn... I think Harris might easily steal that thunder now.

When did we get Martin Rucker? I love that pick up! Our TEs are sick.

Phillip Tanner outplayed Mr. Practice Star, Lonyae Miller. Who's still on Miller's bandwagon now???

Tyron and Arkin are gems. We've finally got some talented youth! Woo hoo! Did you see that SCREEN PLAY???!!! WOW WOW WOW! I don't think we ran a single screen play last year! Now we're talkin'! I often wondered why that was, but the announcer said something that made it totally obvious. We NEVER had the athleticism along the OL to get our linemen out there hauling ass effectively enough. Duh. I should've reallized that. We in big business now buddy! lol.

Josh Thomas showed me some flashes of being a very capable corner. I have a favortism for him though. He's a tough cookie though.

Victor Butler is starting to make Anthony Spencer an afterthought and it's happening sooner than I thought.

Ware is such a beast.

Bradie James might end up with 200 tackles in this Rob Ryan defense. I mean really... last night he was EVERYWHERE.

---------

OK, now for the bad...

That opening drive was scary. Our secondary has A LOT of work to do to be ready for the start of the season. I'll give them some leeway seeing as it was their first time out.

Sean Lee has a history of missing tackles at Penn St. I saw that again last night. Hopefully it doesn't become a growing habit. His head gets him in the right spot, but he has to finish.

Spears and Hatcher had nice nights. Igor played like a chump. I didn't hear anything from Josh Brent. I was hoping to. Maybe next time.

Secondary is just soo scary right now. I feel like we'll lose a lot of games because we won't be able to stop the pass. The league is a passing league now and we just don't have the talent to match up with the high powered offenses in the league. That's what I feel. We'll see if Rob can get them to play above themselves.

I mean we made Tim Tebow look like a great QB. That is just sad.

edit: Oh and I just LOVE seeing Rob on our sidelines. He's so awesome!

Last edited by D-Unit : 08-12-2011 at 12:11 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:10 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We got the Eagles game here in NJ. ESPN had SD and Seattle, so I didn't get to see you guys play.

How did you guys do overall? What's the fan grades?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:31 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The secondary is scary D...but you also have to remember that we were missing both of our starting corners. Granted, neither was good last year...but still. Plus, Sensy was a late signing, I'm sure he doesnt have a great grasp of the defense. Looked like **** when he was left on an island. lol. Hopefully that doesnt become a normal occurence, when he gets the defense down all the way.

As for the starting D-Line...they looked like ass. Marcus Spears didnt really have a good game at all. His only solid play, a tackle for loss, didnt even count. He didnt register a single tackle, and he certainly didnt apply any pressure. Our line was getting moved around with ease. It was sad. Hatcher however, did look really solid off the bench. I'm not worried about the starting line...but they def. looked bad in game one.

And as for Lonyae...his **** game is on the line for sure. 9 carries, 11 yards should give that away in itself. That's not normal for any back. But the guy had no blocking at all. What sucks for him, is that he probably wont get to see any substantial time behind our starting line, with Murray and Choice due back. He should however get to see what Tanner saw yesterday. Lots of third stringers. haha. That said, I love Tanner's burst out of the backfield. I really hope Lonyae is a player...but if he doesnt produce and gets cut, I could really care less...so dont go thinking I'm in love with the guy or something. haha. But this game was def. on the line play, he never had a chance.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-12-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:34 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
We got the Eagles game here in NJ. ESPN had SD and Seattle, so I didn't get to see you guys play.

How did you guys do overall? What's the fan grades?
I'd say for a first pre-season game and with a lot of guys not playing, solid. Very solid.

1st Team Defense- was a little shaky, but 4 starters including Newman and Jenkins were out

1st Team Offense- OL looked good, especially the rookies. Felix had some nice pop and burst and looked very good running inside the tackles. Didn't see much from the WR's. Witten was, well Witten. Romo looked decent for his first game back.

2nd team offense- skill players minus rb's, very solid. OL- not so great

2nd team defense- fairly solid, needs some help in the secondary
Old 08-12-2011, 01:39 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Our first team defense was ****, not shaky. And Denver could have easily scored had they just decided to run the ball at the goal line. But you still have to reserve judgement, because of the injuries and new system. But yeah, they were bad. Our D-Line looked silly, be it run or pass. They ran all over us and drove down the field with ease.

The first team offense looked solid. Sure they only got 3 points, but the line and Felix were sharp. And Tony got his feet wet after being out for so long. And we all know he's been having a fantastic camp.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-12-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I expect a lot of CBs left on island based on the schematic blitz packages. I think if your secondary stinks, then it will hurt the aggressive system and nature of the scheme.

I saw highlights of Jones and some of his runs. He looks good, and if he can stay healthy will be good.

Remember new DC with little time to install the system. You guys won't be the only team facing this issue. Eagles with their new DC and other teams with New HCs and coordinators all have this time constraint issue.

This was not the year for changes in my opinion, and I won't be surprised if it carries over to regular season for these teams.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
And as for Lonyae...his **** game is on the line for sure. 9 carries, 11 yards should give that away in itself. That's not normal for any back. But the guy had no blocking at all. What sucks for him, is that he probably wont get to see any substantial time behind our starting line, with Murray and Choice due back. He should however get to see what Tanner saw yesterday. Lots of third stringers. haha. That said, I love Tanner's burst out of the backfield. I really hope Lonyae is a player...but if he doesnt produce and gets cut, I could really care less...so dont go thinking I'm in love with the guy or something. haha. But this game was def. on the line play, he never had a chance.
Eh... Lonyae can't blame the line too much. From what I remember it didn't change too much from the line Felix had. It's not like he was faced against Denver's 1st team defense either.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Eh... Lonyae can't blame the line too much. From what I remember it didn't change too much from the line Felix had. It's not like he was faced against Denver's 1st team defense either.
You have it on demand, watch it again. :) When did the guy ever have a hole to run through? haha. Lonyae only had a carry or two with the starters, I believe. After that, Free and Kosier came out, and it made a big difference. I also think Denver left their starters in against this line for a little longer as well, but dont quote me on that part, at least. But yeah, he couldnt even get passed the line of scrimmage...and that wasnt on him. Any time you have an RB average like a yard a carry, that obviously tells you that something is wrong with the run blocking, because it's not a normal statistical average at all. Reminds me of the game Adrian Peterson had when he ran for like 19 yards on 13 carries. lol. Run blocking was just dominated all game long. Miller got the short end of the stick last night.

Calvin Watkins says he "ran into piles" but it's not like he really had a choice. There was nothing there for him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-12-2011, 02:36 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On the plus side, Sean Lee looks like a beast, right?
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 04:05 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Stephen McGee's beard cracks me up
Old 08-12-2011, 04:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
On the plus side, Sean Lee looks like a beast, right?
Almost. He was right there to make a nice tackle at the LOS and McGahee spun out of his grasp.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

O_o Just watched Spears for a bit I'm not sure why you called him out. He was stout and about the ONLY lineman not getting tossed backward like a pinata. Igor looks AWFUL I'm wondering how the 'strongest' guy on our dline looks like he's a JV lineman against Denver :|
Old 08-12-2011, 08:02 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Spears didnt do anything. And was being pushed around against Denver's starters. His only tackle didnt even count because of a penalty. I'm watching it again at 11:30 ET...I'll check him out closer.

As for something else...I doubt Archer has some "inside info", but he keeps cutting Igor Olshansky and AOA in all of his latest 53 man rosters. There seem to be a lot of people out there who are leaving AOA off. It really would be a shame to give up on him this early.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-12-2011 at 08:06 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Spears didnt do anything. And was being pushed around against Denver's starters. His only tackle didnt even count because of a penalty. I'm watching it again at 11:30 ET...I'll check him out closer.

As for something else...I doubt Archer has some "inside info", but he keeps cutting Igor Olshansky and AOA in all of his latest 53 man rosters. There seem to a lot of people out there who are leaving AOA off. It really would be a shame to give up on him this early.
AOA should lose his spot returning kicks. He's just terrible. Because of that I think he becomes more expendable. I'd keep him over Church or McCray though.

If Igor is cut it wouldn't make me mad one bit. The guy who deserves it more than him is Geathers. We might have something there...
Old 08-12-2011, 08:19 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I dont care for Igor either...but cutting him would be an odd decision, imo. I could care less either way, because he isnt that great at all, but it would still be surprising to me, given the rest of our D-Lineman. Again though, I dont even like Igor so if he's cut, he's cut.

As for Geathers...still a project. Should be a practice squad guy for another year, but there is certainly potential there. He can thank Vic Butler and a bad snap for his sack, though. haha. Nice to see him back there for the clean up, however. I didnt really focus on him any besides that. But I do know a great deal about the guy, being a SCAR player and all.

And AOA, I'm not even talking about kick return...if they choose to go with Mccann, Harris, or Radway back there that's just fine. I mean as a true S option. Mccray and Church are great ST players at this point and neither can cover at all. AOA def. looks more safety, than either of those two.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-12-2011 at 08:24 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:32 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I dont care for Igor either...but cutting him would be an odd decision, imo. I could care less either way, because he isnt that great at all, but it would still be surprising to me, given the rest of our D-Lineman. Again though, I dont even like Igor so if he's cut, he's cut.

As for Geathers...still a project. Should be a practice squad guy for another year, but there is certainly potential there. He can thank Vic Butler and a bad snap for his sack, though. haha. Nice to see him back there for the clean up, however. I didnt really focus on him any besides that. But I do know a great deal about the guy, being a SCAR player and all.

And AOA, I'm not even talking about kick return...if they choose to go with Mccann, Harris, or Radway back there that's just fine. I mean as a true S option. Mccray and Church are great ST players at this point and neither can cover at all. AOA def. looks more safety, than either of those two.
Yep. Pretty much agree with all of that.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:18 PM    (permalink
bluebonnet78
Rookie

bluebonnet78 is a cocksman.bluebonnet78 is a cocksman.bluebonnet78 is a cocksman.

Did any of you notice Phil Costa? It almost sounds like he has good grasp of presnap reads like Kosier. Jerry apparently is impressed and thinks he is going to be playing quite a bit in the future at some position. Not sure what that means specificly, but at least it sounds like Dallas has good depth at center and possibly another UDFA find.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ne...5DF8857CE87B62

Last edited by bluebonnet78 : 08-13-2011 at 09:21 PM.
bluebonnet78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:20 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebonnet78 View Post
Did any of you notice Phil Costa? It almost sounds like he has good grasp of presnap reads like Kosier. Jerry apparently is impressed and thinks he is going to be playing quite a bit in the future at some position. Not sure what that means specificly, but at least it sounds like Dallas has good depth at center and possibly another UDFA find.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ne...5DF8857CE87B62
Yeah Garrett praised him in his Saturday presser. Said he did a good job commanding the line and has been a bulldog out there. There's a lot he needs to do to but he's made good progress.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:08 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I really thought we lost Danny Mccray for the long term. But I guess it wasnt too serious, he should be back to practice today. Great news for our ST. Even though, you know the kick off team is pretty useless now anyway. There's always punt defense.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-15-2011 at 10:15 AM.