Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-31-2011, 11:33 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he's still got a few years left, as a starting guard for some teams...but just not making 5 million a season.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:11 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO Gurode has two years tops left. That is 2 years as a quality starter.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
I think he's still got a few years left, as a starting guard for some teams...but just not making 5 million a season.
Again, I think he could squeeze a couple more years out, but he's going to have to get in shape and make that knee is right. I guess I got that backwards. He needs to get the knee in shape and then work on his conditioning.

I go back to what Broaddus says, right now, he's a grabber. He doesn't bend his knees and just tries to grab the defender and use his strength to control him.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:47 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
First: Dan Bailey as a kicker. >.< Are you guys nuts? He looks just as bad as Buehler. At this point the fact we have brought in Dave Rayner, Shayne Graham, and stashed Kai until week 6 on the NFI list it shows we have no faith in Buehler/Bailey (thank God). Keeping my fingers crossed that Kai shows a lot once he's able to practice and becomes our kicker midseason.

Second: I completely understand the fear about starting the Yuglies (thanks BtB) but this is Hudson Houck we are talking about. He's done this before he took a Charger's oline that was mediocre at best in 2003 and started FIVE new guys including 2 rookies.

Per BtB:

If Garrett can scheme an offense that allows Kitna to perform like a middle tier starting QB even with Mr. Overrated (Gurode), Biggs, and O-le! (Columbo) on the line in front of him why all the fuss about him scheming for an oline that suits his offense? Our offensive line last year was a travesty and the replacements on the line for each match or exceed the performance level thus far in preseason. Gurode is the only iffy statement there but go back and watch Kowalski (undrafted FA) in the Vikings game or Costa previously when healthy and I'm not seeing a dropoff. Am I saying we are a super bowl caliber team? No. Do I think we make the playoffs or barely miss out? Yes.

The biggest gripe we could have is that we haven't been in position to draft our future olineman and that Jerry doesn't move up for the oline. Be happy Garrett is moving forward with youth rather than the "Only 1 or 2 pieces are needed for the SB trophy" approach that Jerry has been carrying.
Yeah Bailey's 3-3 in the preseason looks so bad. :/ It's not like he didnt just win an award for being the Nation's top kicker and convert on 87% of his kicks, or anything. Bailey is technically sound, Buehler is an athlete with a big leg. Bailey's biggest question was leg strength...and he showed an ability to kick off well and hit from 50+ out in practice. And even on his misses, he had more than enough leg.

Rayner will probably get the job anyway. He's got a bigger leg and a lot more experience. But Bailey is of NFL quality for sure.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-31-2011 at 12:59 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also totally forgot about something...because he hasnt been around. Demarco Murray will probably end up being our primary return man. I completely forgot about him back there, but yeah...Mccann has shown big return ability from time to time, but really...it's probably Murray's job to lose.

Not like he'll have many returns anyway, because of the rule changes...but he should be back there, probably as early as week one, now that he's healthy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-31-2011, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Yeah Bailey's 3-3 in the preseason looks so bad. :/ It's not like he didnt just win an award for being the Nation's top kicker and convert on 87% of his kicks, or anything. Bailey is technically sound, Buehler is an athlete with a big leg. Bailey's biggest question was leg strength...and he showed an ability to kick off well and hit from 50+ out in practice. And even on his misses, he had more than enough leg.

Rayner will probably get the job anyway. He's got a bigger leg and a lot more experience. But Bailey is of NFL quality for sure.
Completely forgot that coaches only evaluate preseason games and not practices. If you believe he's perfection or somehow earned the kicking duties I would have to assume you don't put any stock into practices as well. He's been as bad, or worse, as Buehler leading the team to bring in castoffs from other teams (Graham / Rayner). I'm not saying that Buehler deserves the job I honestly don't believe we have a solid kicker on the active roster. I'll be crossing my fingers for Kai to show well after week 6.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Completely forgot that coaches only evaluate preseason games and not practices. If you believe he's perfection or somehow earned the kicking duties I would have to assume you don't put any stock into practices as well. He's been as bad, or worse, as Buehler leading the team to bring in castoffs from other teams (Graham / Rayner). I'm not saying that Buehler deserves the job I honestly don't believe we have a solid kicker on the active roster. I'll be crossing my fingers for Kai to show well after week 6.
Kai Forbath and Bailey are incredibly similar.

Bailey started off camp fantastic, some reason struggled in the middle, and finished camp strong once again. And yeah, I'd put more stock in his college career and preseason for sure. Why not? They're actual pressure situations...maybe he just goes through the motions in practice sometimes. He hasnt missed a kick in an actual game, he's shown good leg strength on kickoffs and FGs, and he's made a living off of his accuracy.

Although I think he should win it...I still think it's Rayner's job, probably. And that's based off of a better leg and league experience. As I've posted in here before, I want Blair Walsh next year, but I do think Bailey has the makings of a good kicker.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-31-2011 at 02:55 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a feeling that we're gonna hear Blair Walsh's name a lot this year from Mr. Moth. :)
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I have a feeling that we're gonna hear Blair Walsh's name a lot this year from Mr. Moth. :)
Bound to happen, given our current situation. It was nice when we had Folk there for a while. No worries for a few years. I actually really liked Cundiff back in the day...sucks to see him beast for the Ravens last year.

Yup, I said beast and kicker in the same sentence.

Speaking of beasts, you guys here about this guy Blair Walsh? ;)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-31-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Funny enough, I currently hate Walsh...why? Because he's so damn good. Cant stand him in the SEC, but he's one of the best kicker prospects I've ever seen.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-31-2011, 03:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bound to happen, given our current situation. It was nice when we had Folk there for a while. No worries for a few years. I actually really liked Cundiff back in the day...sucks to see him beast for the Ravens last year.

Yup, I said beast and kicker in the same sentence.

Speaking of beasts, you guys here about this guy Blair Walsh? ;)
That's ok... You'll probably be sick of me mentioning TJ McDonald this year too. :D

My latest USC pet. ;)
Old 08-31-2011, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kai Forbath and Bailey are incredibly similar.

Bailey started off camp fantastic, some reason struggled in the middle, and finished camp strong once again. And yeah, I'd put more stock in his college career and preseason for sure. Why not? They're actual pressure situations...maybe he just goes through the motions in practice sometimes. He hasnt missed a kick in an actual game, he's shown good leg strength on kickoffs and FGs, and he's made a living off of his accuracy.

Although I think he should win it...I still think it's Rayner's job, probably. And that's based off of a better leg and league experience. As I've posted in here before, I want Blair Walsh next year, but I do think Bailey has the makings of a good kicker.
Oh I agree that Bailey/Kai are very similar :) Also agree I think Graham/Rayner will win the job. I'm just hoping that Kai can give us something we are in dire need of ... a kicker we can depend on.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:22 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody else remember Antwan Moulden? He was just cut by the Texans and signed by the Pats, oh my did I want us to draft him badly. 6'1, 200lbs, ran a 4.4 and had a 37 inch vertical, measurables off the charts. Too bad he pretty much sucked on the field at all times. Still wouldn't have minded giving him a look, I'm just jealous NE is even interested lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Anybody else remember Antwan Moulden? He was just cut by the Texans and signed by the Pats, oh my did I want us to draft him badly. 6'1, 200lbs, ran a 4.4 and had a 37 inch vertical, measurables off the charts. Too bad he pretty much sucked on the field at all times. Still wouldn't have minded giving him a look, I'm just jealous NE is even interested lol.
Nope. Doesn't ring a bell. I was kinda hoping we were gonna pick up Larry Sanders when the Pats cut him. Would've been a good depth guy.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Brandon Tate might get cut. Worth a look?

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
OH BRANDON TATE! MY LOVE!!!! :D
Old 08-31-2011, 09:58 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Soo....question for everybody.

Ratliff just turned 30....he's ridiculously underpaid for his productivity.

What's the consensus on what Jerry & Co. should do? This is very telling in how the Cowboys do business compared to say...the Pats or Eagles. Now is the time you can get a decent draft pick or two for him.....

Oh and...Choice is injured again...or maybe he's not...and they're holding him back for a "business decision" again...

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 08-31-2011 at 10:10 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Soo....question for everybody.

Ratliff just turned 30....he's ridiculously underpaid for his productivity.

What's the consensus on what Jerry & Co. should do? This is very telling in how the Cowboys do business compared to say...the Pats or Eagles.
I think he can play effectively till 33 or 34 years old. I don't think he's underpaid at all, if you ask me. It's fair. When is he a FA?

Brent Price needs to step up this year or we may need to look at Alameda Ta'amu in Round 1 next year.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:22 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I think he can play effectively till 33 or 34 years old. I don't think he's underpaid at all, if you ask me. It's fair. When is he a FA?

Brent Price needs to step up this year or we may need to look at Alameda Ta'amu in Round 1 next year.
He's got 2 years left on his contract. He'll be 32 when he's a FA...he signed his first contract after his rookie season. So he'll probably never get a HUGE payday unless it comes from the Boys, he's vastly underpaid in comparison to any Probowl NT in the league.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
He's got 2 years left on his contract. He'll be 32 when he's a FA...he signed his first contract after his rookie season. So he'll probably never get a HUGE payday unless it comes from the Boys, he's vastly underpaid in comparison to any Probowl NT in the league.
Let's not start comparing him to Vince Wilfork now... the dude has limitations and flaws.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:36 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Yeah, he was sick at the combine. I've actually been keeping tabs on Brandon Ghee, who Cincy may cut. I've always liked Ghee, he's an exceptional athlete as well. Hasnt dont anything in the pros yet, but he was on my draft wish list back in the day.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-31-2011, 11:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I dont see why not. I like him more than Oggs. He's also a beast return man...not that it matters in this league anymore.

Speaking of Ogletree...it is so hard to believe that he has run 4.3 40s in the past, because he doesnt have that type of game speed at all. I saw in Madden they gave him like 96 speed...that's BS. lol.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-31-2011 at 11:04 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:18 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I dont see why not. I like him more than Oggs. He's also a beast return man...not that it matters in this league anymore.

Speaking of Ogletree...it is so hard to believe that he has run 4.3 40s in the past, because he doesnt have that type of game speed at all. I saw in Madden they gave him like 96 speed...that's BS. lol.
Ogletree is pretty solid in Madden as my 3rd WR. Played my first game last night and he was a beast. I actually made all the cuts the Cowboys did and signed the players we did. My passing game was off the chain, but running the ball was a challenge. Hopefully not a sign of things to come. Oh and the Jets ran the ball down my throat too. :(
Old 09-01-2011, 09:24 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...liffs-contract

It appears Jay might be making a little push for a new deal. I don't disagree with him to be honest. With the money being given to guys like Bowen for being really an unproven player, I'd push for more if I were Ratliff too.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:28 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...liffs-contract

It appears Jay might be making a little push for a new deal. I don't disagree with him to be honest. With the money being given to guys like Bowen for being really an unproven player, I'd push for more if I were Ratliff too.
Sadly for Jay, he is an old 300 lb 3-4 NT.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote