Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-31-2006, 05:46 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number-94
I wanted to win...but I didn't want to face the Giants at Dallas. We suck at home and against our division. I'll take a shot at the Seahawks any day over the Giants.
Smart man. And no, I'm not bashing the Cowboys are propping up the Giants....but the Giants match up very well with the boys. I was praying we would get to play you again....maybe in the NFC championship?
Number -- Detroit Lions match up nicely. This says nothing of the Giants. You guys still suck.
Is there really a need to trash talk cowboys....we try to keep this topic mature man....even giants fans come over and show respect...no reason to jump on them because your bitter.

I would just like to say I was at Dallas Detriot game last year and watched Glenn line up on Roy and pulled my hair out. Same thing...we've never changed that. This was something that really scared me coming into this game. Like I said i'll give more of my breakdown of the game after I watch tape which will prob be tommorrow.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 05:48 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I have my official list of important changes. To all the 3-4 BP apologists I am sorry there is a major flaw in the 3-4 as configured.

1) New D Coordinator -- Zimmer is not a good coach. The Glenn TD was a perfect example. Williams on Glenn 1-on1? Players techniques and reads are horrid.
2) Two new Guards -- sick of seeing Rivera and Kosier on the floor behind the LOS. Seems every running play is blown up over the guards.
3) A new ILB with speed -- get rid of James. He sucks.
4) Pass rushing classes for Canty and Spears and Hatcher.
5) A new CB nd move Henry to FS.
6) Get rid of Roy Williams. He really sucks.
7) Get rid of TO -- let Austin play.
8) Romeo Crennel if fired.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 05:52 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have my official list of important changes. To all the 3-4 BP apologists I am sorry there is a major flaw in the 3-4 as configured.

1) New D Coordinator -- Zimmer is not a good coach. The Glenn TD was a perfect example. Williams on Glenn 1-on1? Players techniques and reads are horrid.
2) Two new Guards -- sick of seeing Rivera and Kosier on the floor behind the LOS. Seems every running play is blown up over the guards.
You don't give players like Roy and James contract extentions to get rid of them. I don't understand what you don't get about that. They have brand new contracts....not even 6 months old. They will be hear next year regaurdless. Believe it or not the NFL is a business and you don't give players lots of money to move them because your fans don't like them. Lets think abou tit man.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 12-31-2006, 05:58 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number-94
I wanted to win...but I didn't want to face the Giants at Dallas. We suck at home and against our division. I'll take a shot at the Seahawks any day over the Giants.
Smart man. And no, I'm not bashing the Cowboys are propping up the Giants....but the Giants match up very well with the boys. I was praying we would get to play you again....maybe in the NFC championship?
Number -- Detroit Lions match up nicely. This says nothing of the Giants. You guys still suck.
Is there really a need to trash talk cowboys....we try to keep this topic mature man....even giants fans come over and show respect...no reason to jump on them because your bitter.

I would just like to say I was at Dallas Detriot game last year and watched Glenn line up on Roy and pulled my hair out. Same thing...we've never changed that. This was something that really scared me coming into this game. Like I said i'll give more of my breakdown of the game after I watch tape which will prob be tommorrow.
If I could just hear you say I am right about what I have said about the Cowboys maybe I will be nice.

Everything I am saying about this team needing to fix is correct.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:00 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:

You don't give players like Roy and James contract extentions to get rid of them. I don't understand what you don't get about that. They have brand new contracts....not even 6 months old. They will be hear next year regaurdless. Believe it or not the NFL is a business and you don't give players lots of money to move them because your fans don't like them. Lets think abou tit man.
Thule -- both guys suck. What more do you need to see.

Has either Defensed a pass this season? Lemme answer maybe 2 each.

They both suck. Take the cap hit and move on.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:03 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Let me add to how much Bradie sucks..... when is the last fumble he forced?

Let me add to how much Bradie sucks ... when is the last negative play behind the LOS?

Compromise, keep Roy. He has some redeeming qualities but Bradie James? Bradie James may be the worst ILB in the NFL.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:03 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:

If we do believe ILB speed is a problem...I think we'll see Carp stay in the middle. But that seems like a log jam to me. Three guys with fresh contracts in the same year....that doesn't make sense to me.

One thing I wanna bring up about your Guard arguement. I think its safe to say we could find an upgrade over Koiser. But realistically he hasn't played below average. He has also been great when pulling. The problem is our right side of the line is gettin blown up. I think if we get a mauler in the offseason his play will get better. I would say we upgrade Flo before we upgrade Koiser.

As good as Henry to FS sounds...I really don't see it. I mean with all of our FS problems in the past don't you think we would have atleast given it a try up to this point. I find it hard to believe that he is moved there this offseason when he hasn't been tried there in the last 2 years.

As much as you wanna get rid of Roy it won't happen. Contract extention is not something you give your players to leave.

You wanna replace one of the top 5 WR's in the game this year for a guy who hasn't seen the field all year. What in the world makes you think Austin could see the field next year when he didn't do a damn thing this year. You can't just take out your best offensive weapon and replace him with a UDFA and expect to have the same production...get real

I think most would agree we could use a new D Cord.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 12-31-2006, 06:04 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:

Did you see Bradie James on the Kitna scramble? The drive that cost us another TD I think.

WTF was Bradie? How the F does Jon Kitna scramble nearly 20 yards up field and Bradie STILL DOES NOT HAVE AN ANGLE TO TACKLE HIM?

That guy is 4.9 or 5.0 at best.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:11 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:

If we do believe ILB speed is a problem...I think we'll see Carp stay in the middle. But that seems like a log jam to me. Three guys with fresh contracts in the same year....that doesn't make sense to me.

One thing I wanna bring up about your Guard arguement. I think its safe to say we could find an upgrade over Koiser. But realistically he hasn't played below average. He has also been great when pulling. The problem is our right side of the line is gettin blown up. I think if we get a mauler in the offseason his play will get better. I would say we upgrade Flo before we upgrade Koiser.

As good as Henry to FS sounds...I really don't see it. I mean with all of our FS problems in the past don't you think we would have atleast given it a try up to this point. I find it hard to believe that he is moved there this offseason when he hasn't been tried there in the last 2 years.

As much as you wanna get rid of Roy it won't happen. Contract extention is not something you give your players to leave.

You wanna replace one of the top 5 WR's in the game this year for a guy who hasn't seen the field all year. What in the world makes you think Austin could see the field next year when he didn't do a damn thing this year. You can't just take out your best offensive weapon and replace him with a UDFA and expect to have the same production...get real

I think most would agree we could use a new D Cord.
Well some compromise on your end. Lemme see if I can level headed.

Carpenter needs to replace Bradie and send his ass back to the bench. Sorry. Draft a Quentin Moses to WOLB and move Ware. Otherwise get Adalius and over pay. Either way, you can count on Ellis other than 15-20 snaps per game next year.

On the Guards, well if you look at my mock you have my answers. One T and One Guard very early. Even if this means Proctor as stop gap. But Rivera needs to go back to Green Bay cuz he reallly really sucks. Agreed Kosier is salvagable.

Henry played FS today. Who you think broke up the pass in the end zone in the first half versus Roy?????? With that said I will give Watkins a shot. He looks to be getting better and better. Regardless, we need another DB. We have too many problems when teams spread us out.

TO is a cancer. Get rid of him. I think our WRs are good enuff without him. May cut out a few TDs but maybe we will run with more conviction.

Let me add another dud. Julius Jones. He really sucks too. He needs to go. Looks like a blind man running. Never hits the second hole or cut back lane. EVER.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:12 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I want TO gone. I want Zimmer gone. I want the 3-4 gone. I want an O-Line. I want a running game. I want Teddy Ginn!

How much of this will really happen? Probably 75%..
Old 12-31-2006, 06:12 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Let me add to how much Bradie sucks ... when is the last negative play behind the LOS?

Compromise, keep Roy. He has some redeeming qualities but Bradie James? Bradie James may be the worst ILB in the NFL.
This is what you don't get. It' snot what we want. Personally I think Roy is a waste on this team if he isn't playing the box. But even if he plays all year in the cover 2...my opinion carries no weight....which is why you don't see me proposing situations to get rid of him. Because you don't give players contract extentions to get rid of them I don't care how slow they are....they aren't going anywhere no matter how bad you and whoever else wants them to go.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 12-31-2006, 06:16 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

The BARE minimum needed for this team ...

Get rid of Julius Jones.
Get rid of Bradie James
Get rid of Marco Rivera
Get rid of Mike Zimmer.

Addition by subtraction. I'll keep TO and Roy Williams for now but those cast of clowns above really are horrid.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:21 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Get rid of Julius Jones.
Get rid of Bradie James
Get rid of Marco Rivera
Get rid of Mike Zimmer.

Addition by subtraction. I'll keep TO and Roy Williams for now but those cast of clowns above really are horrid.
Julius has value....Should be a mid 2nd-3rd rounder
Bradie will be here like it or not.
Marco Rivera is definately cuttable....curious to see his cap number to see if its worth it to keep him for his leadership.
It will be interesting to watch the Zimmer situation develop. Parcells has never really came out against him...I'll personnally be surprised to see him leave but it would'nt be because I thought it was bad decision.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 12-31-2006, 06:21 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This is what you don't get. It' snot what we want. Personally I think Roy is a waste on this team if he isn't playing the box. But even if he plays all year in the cover 2...my opinion carries no weight....which is why you don't see me proposing situations to get rid of him. Because you don't give players contract extentions to get rid of them I don't care how slow they are....they aren't going anywhere no matter how bad you and whoever else wants them to go.
Thule, sunk cost is sunk cost. If you can sign a 1 or 2 year guy for less than Roy's base salary or Bradie's base salary then you win.

Once again, Jerry Jones has shown what a horrid GM he is by signing flawed players to long deals for no reason whatsoever. Why?

Because he systematically over value the talent on this team. Particularly his draft choices and the guys he likes.

The talent on this team only proves to me two things: BP needs to adjust his LB philosophy next year and Jerry Jones should be barred from GMing. He is the George Steinbrenner of football.

Every time George gets involved in plays acquisition -- disaster. Same with Jerry. He is the worst GM in the NFL bar none.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:22 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCowboysFan
I want TO gone. I want Zimmer gone. I want the 3-4 gone. I want an O-Line. I want a running game. I want Teddy Ginn!

Well lucky for us...looks like Rice's bowl performance might let him declare. I don't care which one it is...but I really like the idea of Ginn/Rice/even Shark if Crayton leaves.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 12-31-2006, 06:22 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:

Get rid of Julius Jones.
Get rid of Bradie James
Get rid of Marco Rivera
Get rid of Mike Zimmer.

Marco Rivera is definately cuttable....curious to see his cap number to see if its worth it to keep him for his leadership.
It will be interesting to watch the Zimmer situation develop. Parcells has never really came out against him...I'll personnally be surprised to see him leave but it would'nt be because I thought it was bad decision.
Thule, if we are really smart we also find a place for Burnett before we lose him to FA.

Funny b/c when I saw the contracts for Bradie and Roy I almost puked earlier this season.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:23 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:

Well lucky for us...looks like Rice's bowl performance might let him declare. I don't care which one it is...but I really like the idea of Ginn/Rice/even Shark if Crayton leaves.
I would waste a 1st rounder for Rice... as long as TO goes and we sign Adlius THomas
Old 12-31-2006, 06:24 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Get rid of Julius Jones.
Get rid of Bradie James
Get rid of Marco Rivera
Get rid of Mike Zimmer.

Thule, if we are really smart we also find a place for Burnett before we lose him to FA.

Funny b/c when I saw the contracts for Bradie and Roy I almost puked earlier this season.
Bradie can stay. Teach him to long snap and play Special Teams. It is all he is worth athletically.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:27 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thule, sunk cost is sunk cost. If you can sign a 1 or 2 year guy for less than Roy's base salary or Bradie's base salary then you win.

Once again, Jerry Jones has shown what a horrid GM he is by signing flawed players to long deals for no reason whatsoever. Why?

Because he systematically over value the talent on this team. Particularly his draft choices and the guys he likes.

The talent on this team only proves to me two things: BP needs to adjust his LB philosophy next year and Jerry Jones should be barred from GMing. He is the George Steinbrenner of football.

Every time George gets involved in plays acquisition -- disaster. Same with Jerry. He is the worst GM in the NFL bar none.
Take your GM arguement to the Lions or Redskins board. I think both GM's are considerably worse the Jerry.

We are just going to have to agree to disagree about the Roy and Bradie situation. Because our view of the salary cap is completely opposite.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 12-31-2006, 06:30 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I'm so freaking pissed off right now, I can't even begin to articulate my anger and dissapointment. That was in all likelihood my last game to watch live at the stadium and they left me with that as a lasting memory. I think we just gave up and played like the game had no significance at all. If you didn't know any better you'd swear we were the team playing for the #1 draft pick. A performance like this two weeks in a row particularly this week against the worst team in the entire leauge just indicts our entire organization. I wouldn't be surprised or dissapointed if Jerry fired Parcells. I've been pretty supportive of Parcells generally speaking but we've choked and or collapsed at the end of the season three years in a row now and ultimately the blame has to fall on the head coach. Having said that though I don't know that there's anybody out there that would neccessarily be better. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Old 12-31-2006, 06:34 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Take your GM arguement to the Lions or Redskins board. I think both GM's are considerably worse the Jerry.

We are just going to have to agree to disagree about the Roy and Bradie situation. Because our view of the salary cap is completely opposite.
Hmmm, ok Snyder and Millen are just as bad. At least Millen drafted Sims, Rogers and Williams. Pro Bowl caliber. We don't even have that.

I know how the cap works. The key to making it work is signing a guy for the duration fo the contract at equal or lower value than the base salary you just dumped. Usually a Sam Madison type -- older and experience with a few years left on the wheels.

Not only that if you agree to take the hit for at least the bonus piece -- some teams may find value in Roy. This where the cap messes up lots of teams -- in figuring out how to amortize the bonus against the cap
Old 12-31-2006, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Disappointing is an understatement I guess. I would have never imagined this outcome for this game, but it's happened. I have to think a little more rationally before I make my case for changes.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 06:37 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85
I'm so freaking pissed off right now, I can't even begin to articulate my anger and dissapointment. That was in all likelihood my last game to watch live at the stadium and they left me with that as a lasting memory. I think we just gave up and played like the game had no significance at all. If you didn't know any better you'd swear we were the team playing for the #1 draft pick. A performance like this two weeks in a row particularly this week against the worst team in the entire leauge just indicts our entire organization. I wouldn't be surprised or dissapointed if Jerry fired Parcells. I've been pretty supportive of Parcells generally speaking but we've choked and or collapsed at the end of the season three years in a row now and ultimately the blame has to fall on the head coach. Having said that though I don't know that there's anybody out there that would neccessarily be better. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Well, Jerry Jones is horrid. His only defense is he owns the team. Just review his past 13 years of drafts. Review his trades.

No one has a worst record of achievement than Jerry Jones on this team No one. He should be the FIRST FIRED.

With that said, two years collapsing in December speaks poorly of the players, Bill and his coaches.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:37 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hmmm, ok Snyder and Millen are just as bad. At least Millen drafted Sims, Rogers and Williams. Pro Bowl caliber. We don't even have that.

I know how the cap works. The key to making it work is signing a guy for the duration fo the contract at equal or lower value than the base salary you just dumped. Usually a Sam Madison type -- older and experience with a few years left on the wheels.

Not only that if you agree to take the hit for at least the bonus piece -- some teams may find value in Roy. This where the cap messes up lots of teams -- in figuring out how to amortize the bonus against the cap
Its alot easier to find pro bowl talent when your selecting in the top 10 :shock:

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 12-31-2006, 06:42 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:

Yes I would love Ginn or Rice. Ginn would be my top choice for sure but Rice would be great also. I don't see anyway though that we let Crayton go.

My main thing is I just hope we switch back to the 4-3. Ware and Ellis at the DE spots would put this defense right back in the top ten, no doubt in my mind. I don't even think the Cowboys have to add a secondary player.