Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-01-2011, 11:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I turned it off because I'm about to shut it down, 5am comes early for me:( But I hope not. If it's one thing I am always interested in with this team is our UDFA WR's. Just seems like money in the bank every so often lol.
Sorry for the triple post guys...I've been posting a lot lately.

But anyway, Raymond Radway shattered his leg, broke his fibula and tibia. He's going to need to get a rod inserted into his leg. Wow, I feel so bad for the guy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:43 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post

But anyway, Raymond Radway shattered his leg, broke his fibula and tibia. He's going to need to get a rod inserted into his leg. Wow, I feel so bad for the guy.
Man that sucks. I didn't think he was making the team anyway but he would have really benefitted from being on the PS this year. He's got some freakish measurables and who knows what a year of NFL level coaching could have done for him.

I've been kind of mixed on who we're gonna keep as our #4 and 5. Manny has probably been the most consistent and I would feel most comfortable with him stepping up in case of injury. He's actually a better route runner than I gave him credit for and made some pretty impressive catches on the outside.

Harris has shown some flashes of what he can after the catch but I get the sense he's wayyy behind the other 2 in knowing the playbook, which should be expected. I still think I'd lean towards Harris as the 5th over Holley, even though Holley was a pleasan surprise himself!

Last edited by TheFinisher : 09-01-2011 at 11:49 PM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've seen Harris as a lock ever since we drafted him, but the guys at DC.com, seem to think he may have been a cut casualty. In favor of Holley and Radway, I believe. I cant see that, because Harris would never clear waivers, imo.

Holley is a really good ST guy and he showed up at WR, I think he has the edge over Manny, despite Manny's solid preseason. So I'm thinking it will be Harris and Holley that get those last two spots.

I dont even have the slightest idea what we'll do at RB, FB, and TE, though. It can go so many different ways.

And honestly...AOA seems to vanish out there on defense. I didnt buy it at first, but I wouldnt be shocked if he was shown the door.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-01-2011 at 11:57 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:55 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not good that Larry Johnson just ran for a 20+ yard TD to Vic Butler's side.
Just saw it. Vic had no chance as Miami blocked him out with 2 guys. The fault was on Alan Ball for not forcing LJ to the middle. He let him have the outside seam and it was over from there.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:58 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

- LOL. Kowalski's helmet comes off and he still keeps battling. Love that.

- Nagy got beat TERRIBLY which allowed McGee to be sacked.

- Harris doing some nice run blocking.

- Kowalski DRIVING his guy out to create a huge hole for Murray on a 1st down.

- Awww man... Letuli made the wrong read and let his guy get the sack.

- 33 sucks.

Last edited by D-Unit : 09-02-2011 at 02:55 AM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:29 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I think Witten won't come close to last year's number of catches though. If Phillips, Bennett and Rucker have an increased role on the team, as I suspect that that takes away from his stats. Plus, Kitna loved throwing to Witten more than Romo did.

Getting in shape isn't hard for WRs to do. Martz has a pass happy offense and Roy understands it better than any of the other receivers they have.

Not gonna say it's clear on either side, but HH's friend has legit hope to bank on.
Seriously-You are nuts. Roy Williams has no chance of beating Witten in catches. YOU ARE THE MAN. But this is CRAZY!!! Roy is lazy and wont practice. I will take that bet with anyone on this forum. Lets go!!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:07 AM    (permalink
Bonzai
Rookie

Bonzai is a cocksman.Bonzai is a cocksman.Bonzai is a cocksman.Bonzai is a cocksman.Bonzai is a cocksman.

Offense(25)
QB: Romo, Kitna, McGee
RB: Jones, Murray, Tanner(I know the popular argument is unproven rookies behind Jones, but this league is different in regards to RBs now, and I feel good about those two)
FB: Chapas(i havent really been able to watch the FBs this preseason, so this is just a W.A.G., probably gonna go with a 4th TE instead for now though with Phillips in a HB role)
TE: Witten, Phillips, Bennett
WR: Austin, Bryant, Johnson, Harris, Holley(Holley gets its over Ogletree because the ST coverage, and Johnson has been more consistent than Ogletree)
OT: Free, Smith, Young or Parnell(They both suck but we probably keep one), FA Tackle
OG: Kosier, Nagy, Arkin, Holland(Jerry basically said Holland has a spot)
C: Costa, Kowalski(he has played well since Costa's been hurt and we may need him week 1 and 2, after that he's probably expendable unless he can play the guard spots)

Defense(24)
DE: Spears, Hatcher, Lissemore, Coleman
DT: Ratliff, Brent
OLB: Ware, Spencer, Butler, Albright
ILB: James, Brooking, Lee, Cummings
CB: Newman, Jenkins, Scandrick, Ball(UGH I hate him), McCann, Butler
S: Sensebaugh, Elam, Church, McCray

Special Teams(4)
P: McBriar
K: Bailey, Buehler(Jerry said he's coming back and said were taking 2 kickers)
LS: Ladoceur
Bonzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:25 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai View Post
Offense(25)
RB: Jones, Murray, Tanner(I know the popular argument is unproven rookies behind Jones, but this league is different in regards to RBs now, and I feel good about those two)
FB: Chapas(i havent really been able to watch the FBs this preseason, so this is just a W.A.G., probably gonna go with a 4th TE instead for now though with Phillips in a HB role)
TE: Witten, Phillips, Bennett
WR: Austin, Bryant, Johnson, Harris, Holley(Holley gets its over Ogletree because the ST coverage, and Johnson has been more consistent than Ogletree)
OT: Free, Smith, Young or Parnell(They both suck but we probably keep one), FA Tackle
OG: Kosier, Nagy, Arkin, Holland(Jerry basically said Holland has a spot)
C: Costa, Kowalski(he has played well since Costa's been hurt and we may need him week 1 and 2, after that he's probably expendable unless he can play the guard spots)

Defense(24)
ILB: James, Brooking, Lee, Cummings
CB: Newman, Jenkins, Scandrick, Ball(UGH I hate him), McCann, Butler

Special Teams(4)
K: Bailey, Buehler(Jerry said he's coming back and said were taking 2 kickers)

Considering we converted 2 players to FB in an attempt to find one I think we keep Rucker over any of the FBs. Phillips can play that role and Rucker has more utility.

Manuel Johnson over Ogletree? O_o

Parnell is going nowhere. He was known to be EXTREMELY raw and has made major strides per Houck.

My thoughts :)

Offense (24)
RB: Jones, Murray, Tanner(Jerry confirmed Tanner is staying but left the door open for 4 backs. I just don't buy.)
FB: NONE.(None have shined leading to 2 players converting to FB in an attempt to find something. Someone will get stashed on PS but we'll run with 4 TEs this year.- Expect us to sneak Jason Pociask onto the PS.)
TE: Witten, Phillips, Bennett, Rucker (Between the FBs not showing enough to make the roster and Bennett's high ankle sprain I believe Rucker slips in.)
WR: Austin, Bryant, Ogletree, Holley, Harris(Don't believe Radway had a chance on making the final 53 however is injury seems to be an opportunity for the Cowboys to stash him until next year.)
OT: Free, Smith, Parnell(Our 2 starters and a very raw, super high potential backup is a scary thought. We'll be watching the cuts at both OT and OG.)
OG: Kosier, Nagy, Arkin, Holland(Last spot is Holland's unless we find better on cuts.)
C: Costa, Kowalski

Defense(25)+1
ILB: James, Brooking, Lee, Cummings, Lemon
CB: Newman, Jenkins, Scandrick, Ball, McCann, Thomas

If we only carry one kicker my hunch for the defense is flip a coin between Geathers (DE) and AoA (S) as to who sneaks in on the spot. AoA has been invisible but treating him as a rookie in mindset gives him at least one more season to get 'it'.

Special Teams(3)
K: Ugh easily our worst position. I wouldn't bet on in position and I'll take the easy way out and say Buehler since JJ gave him a vote of confidence. If we take Buehler I hope reconsiders his stance on 2 kickers.(Jerry said he wants a strong leg and wouldn't be adverse to taking 2. Boss man (Garrett) said he wasn't a fan of 2 kickers. My concern is this quote:
[b]Jones admitted disappointment in the 1-of-4 evening from his kickers, but this quote makes it sound as if Buehler has a spot.

"I would like to have seen them made it, but I know this: I want that ball to go into the end zone [on kickoffs]," Jones said. "Seriously, I want it to go there every time on kickoffs. So we want that to happen."[b] Rayner is probably the only other guy on the roster who can reliably get touchbacks aside from Buehler. :/
)

Last edited by Trogdor : 09-02-2011 at 07:28 AM.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:18 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Hooooly crap :(( Talk about a bummer. It's not like he was headed for stardom this year but like someone said he was a great PS candidate and who knows how he would have developed in 1-2 years. Not alot of people saw Austin as what he is today after his first training camp, Radway had a set of interesting tools you'd have liked to see develop. Mann..

Also, maybe someone can inform me because I've missed out on alot of the DC.com talk and coach interviews, but has Arkin struggled lately, or is it just Nagy is better, or what? I initially thought Arkin was gonna start, then found out it was Nagy, so I'm just wondering what they said was the reasoning behind that, and if they still feel Arkin is a future starter or just solid depth at this point.

I recorded all the pre-season games, watched at least the Vikes game twice, been trying to focus in on different guys to form my own opinion, but just hadn't had the time to do it like I wanted. Think this weekend I'll skim through some series. Mostly recorded the last game to get a good look at Demarco and see if he has any starting ability in him, or if he's just a poor mans Felix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:25 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any rookies for you guys flash that you guys are interested in seeing more of?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:27 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Clausen does go through reads, but he makes stupid decisions against pro defenses. He was a very polished, and technically sound prospect, but he just doesnt have it, really. He was fools gold, and I, like many others, fell for it. Maybe he can put it all together one day, but he's had a pretty piss poor start to his career.

But if you have a QB who just zones in on one primary target...that guy will not succeed in the pros. And no, Mcgee isnt going to be a future starter here. But I certainly want him to be able to go through his progressions properly, if he is our primary backup one day. That's the whole point, if you want him to be Romo's backup, he needs to know how to do these things, so he can actually be effective, if Tony went down. Currently, he'd have a lot of inconsistencies. You want to get him to the point, where you dont have to over simplify, just in spite of the QB. There is potential, given his physical attributes, but he really needs to continue to work on making those reads, if I'm going to have faith in the guy.

If there is a bias anywhere...it's not against Mcgee as a person, it's against pro QBs that dont make reads. Prove that you know what's actually going on out there, and not just tunneling in on one guy or dumping every other pass off to the RB or TE. It may get you numbers in the preseason, but it wont work in the regular season. I have certain expectations for Qbs...starters and backups a like.

Eh. I am still gonna have to stick with your expectations of him are unrealistic. I bet if you listed your top 5 back-up QB's in the NFL right now, they all would have a bunch of things they don't do well. I'm not talking about Jake Locker back-ups or future guys as the #2, I'm talking your Jon Kitna's, David Carr's, Matt Leinart. Why are those guys all back-ups? Because they don't do everything well a starter does. Yet all 3 of those guys are considered very good back-up QB's even though it'd be a face palm if majority of them had to start.

Matt Leinart was a top 10 QB lol. That's all I'm saying. Of course McGee still doesn't do everything well, but if he did people would be calling us trying to give us a 2nd rounder for him. Considering how many QB's are not in the league anymore drafted higher then McGee, and that he wasn't expected nor drafted to be a starter, personally it's hard for me to be disappointed or criticize him too much.

His good far outweighs the bad, and he's even shown he can perform well in a real game and not just a practice star.

Quote:
Old 09-02-2011, 12:30 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Any rookies for you guys flash that you guys are interested in seeing more of?
It's kinda a weird year for that. We took a bunch of lineman(3) who could all be future starters maybe, at least they've started pre-season games. Who knows how that turns out. Carter was a huge upside pick who still isn't ready. Demarco Murray to me, right now, just looks like a rich mans Lorenzo Booker. Not sure if Felix is out, Murray can get 20 touches and be a big home run hitter the way Felix is. 1 of the reasons I like Scott so much for you guys is because he has a gear Murray doesn't have, Murray is very smooth and agile but lacking that extra gear.

His pass catching is excellent though so I love the fit, but don't know if he's anything more. Tyron looks even better then I thought though, he should be an upper echelon RT in a year at 21 years old. He's what I expected Jason Smith to be on that side.

Quote:
Old 09-02-2011, 01:00 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's kinda a weird year for that. We took a bunch of lineman(3) who could all be future starters maybe, at least they've started pre-season games. Who knows how that turns out. Carter was a huge upside pick who still isn't ready. Demarco Murray to me, right now, just looks like a rich mans Lorenzo Booker. Not sure if Felix is out, Murray can get 20 touches and be a big home run hitter the way Felix is. 1 of the reasons I like Scott so much for you guys is because he has a gear Murray doesn't have, Murray is very smooth and agile but lacking that extra gear.

His pass catching is excellent though so I love the fit, but don't know if he's anything more. Tyron looks even better then I thought though, he should be an upper echelon RT in a year at 21 years old. He's what I expected Jason Smith to be on that side.

Where is Murray? I haven't heard anything from people regarding him. I want to see more of Tyron's skill set. I think he will do well for you guys.

Prince is out for a bit.
Austin is on IR

But the other rookies are flashing and played well yesterday. Scott had a great fake punt for a TD. If he has space he can out run anyone it would seem. I am annoyed Prince is hurt, and hopefully he can turn out to be a good pick.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man I couldnt watch much of the game lastnite. Michael Irvin was a great player but he was God awful in the booth doing play by play. You all agree? Why the hell was he even doing it? Please tell me he doesnt do it much.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:39 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hooooly crap :(( Talk about a bummer. It's not like he was headed for stardom this year but like someone said he was a great PS candidate and who knows how he would have developed in 1-2 years. Not alot of people saw Austin as what he is today after his first training camp, Radway had a set of interesting tools you'd have liked to see develop. Mann..

Also, maybe someone can inform me because I've missed out on alot of the DC.com talk and coach interviews, but has Arkin struggled lately, or is it just Nagy is better, or what? I initially thought Arkin was gonna start, then found out it was Nagy, so I'm just wondering what they said was the reasoning behind that, and if they still feel Arkin is a future starter or just solid depth at this point.

I recorded all the pre-season games, watched at least the Vikes game twice, been trying to focus in on different guys to form my own opinion, but just hadn't had the time to do it like I wanted. Think this weekend I'll skim through some series. Mostly recorded the last game to get a good look at Demarco and see if he has any starting ability in him, or if he's just a poor mans Felix.
Arkin doesn't have the strength at the point of attack to start yet. Nagy has more core strength and I think thats why he got the nod. Nagy has outplayed Arkin from the reports I've read. Both are similar players...but Arkin isn't a starter until he hits the weight room. Wouldn't be surprised to see him being groomed for behind Koiser over the next 2 years. He should have a shot at starting next year but would have to unseat Koiser. He showed the technique on the field to start just got overpowered at times is what I read.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:38 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Arkin doesn't have the strength at the point of attack to start yet. Nagy has more core strength and I think thats why he got the nod. Nagy has outplayed Arkin from the reports I've read. Both are similar players...but Arkin isn't a starter until he hits the weight room. Wouldn't be surprised to see him being groomed for behind Koiser over the next 2 years. He should have a shot at starting next year but would have to unseat Koiser. He showed the technique on the field to start just got overpowered at times is what I read.
Ahh this is what I was looking for, and figured it may have been. I heard them on ESPN radio talking about Arkin's core strength, and that it was his 1 lacking area and Holland was much better man on man then he was. I thought he showed great athleticism though, and looks the part. Hopefully a year or 2 does him well and weve got our future guards on the team. Just didn't catch wind of what was happening from when he was supposed to start, to Nagy starting. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Where is Murray? I haven't heard anything from people regarding him. I want to see more of Tyron's skill set. I think he will do well for you guys.

Prince is out for a bit.
Austin is on IR

But the other rookies are flashing and played well yesterday. Scott had a great fake punt for a TD. If he has space he can out run anyone it would seem. I am annoyed Prince is hurt, and hopefully he can turn out to be a good pick.

He's been solid vs the Vikes and Dolphins, made some nice plays, might be our #2 back just don't know if we could rely on him like we have Choice so many times in the past. He had a nagging hamstring injury prior to, which injuries were big for him at OU so I'd expect him to be on the sidelines quite a bit until he proves otherwise. Seems like he'll make a very effecient 3rd down back that can be a play-maker.

Quote:
Old 09-02-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my 53

QUARTERBACKS (3)

Tony Romo
Jon Kitna
Stephen McGee

RUNNING BACKS (4)

Felix Jones
Tashard Choice
DeMarco Murray
Phillip Tanner

FULLBACK (1)

Chapas

TIGHT ENDS (3)

Jason Witten
Martellus Bennett
John Phillips

WIDE RECEIVERS (5)

Miles Austin
Dez Bryant
Kevin Ogletree
Dwayne Harris
Jesse Holley

OFFENSIVE LINE (9)

Doug Free
Bill Nagy
Phil Costa
Kyle Kosier
Tyron Smith
David Arkin
Sam Young
Montrae Holland
Kevin Kowalski

DEFENSIVE LINE (7)

Marcus Spears
Jay Ratliff
Kenyon Coleman
Jason Hatcher
Josh Brent
Sean Lissemore
Clifton Geathers

INSIDE LINEBACKERS (3)

Bradie James
Keith Brooking
Sean Lee

OUTSIDE LINEBACKER (4)

DeMarcus Ware
Anthony Spencer
Victor Butler
Alex Albright

CORNERBACK (6)

Terence Newman
Mike Jenkins
Orlando Scandrick
Alan Ball
Bryan McCann
Josh Thomas

SAFETY (4)

Abram Elam
Gerald Sensabaugh
Barry Church
Danny McCray

SPECIALISTS (4)

Mat McBriar
Shayne Graham
David Buehler
L.P. Ladouceur

I think there are a few tough ones. The hardest for me is AOA vs. the 2nd kicker. I went with Graham just because AOA hasn't shown anything to get excited about yet.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the cutting of Gurode I really don't know how things are going to work out for this new offensive line. On one hand it shows that Garrett has balls, and it puts other guys on notice. I like that, but at the same time starting two rookies, and a second year player is scary. I have all the faith in the world in Romo because he always makes plays, and there is a ton of talent at the "skill" positions to make the offense very strong this year. So far the young guys have looked good enough to keep Romo from getting absolutely killed, but they're going to be facing some really good defensive coordinators that are going to test all their weaknesses. They're going to get a heavy dose of baptism by fire in the first week against the Jets.

For defense I'm just seeing a lot of hustle, but there really seems to be some communication issues. Of course that's to be expected with a new defense and the lockout. One thing that gets overlooked is that Newman and Jenkins haven't played at all, so we won't know how the defense looks until they get out there. McCann was starting out there, and he's not that good. I think Elam and Sensy are going to be okay, but they need the starters out there healthy.

So far I'm loving the running backs. Felix has looked great. This is his break out year as long as he stays healthy. Murray looks like he'll shine some too. Tanner has so much heart and "want-to" that he can be a factor if someone goes down, kinda like what Choice was in his first three years. I really like Choice, and I always have. He's to me what Hurd is to M.O.T.H. If he doesn't get going here I really want to see him succeed somewhere else besides the NFC East.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:55 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Ahh this is what I was looking for, and figured it may have been. I heard them on ESPN radio talking about Arkin's core strength, and that it was his 1 lacking area and Holland was much better man on man then he was. I thought he showed great athleticism though, and looks the part. Hopefully a year or 2 does him well and weve got our future guards on the team. Just didn't catch wind of what was happening from when he was supposed to start, to Nagy starting. Thanks.

He's been solid vs the Vikes and Dolphins, made some nice plays, might be our #2 back just don't know if we could rely on him like we have Choice so many times in the past. He had a nagging hamstring injury prior to, which injuries were big for him at OU so I'd expect him to be on the sidelines quite a bit until he proves otherwise. Seems like he'll make a very effecient 3rd down back that can be a play-maker.

Those hamstring injuries are tough. Aaron Ross has been fighting through them his whole career which is basically close to putting bust label on him. Not because of talent though, it's because his hammy has always been messed up and when it gets better he tweaks it again. So that's something to watch out for when Murray.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:18 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In a case like Ross you have to put some blame on the training and coaching staff. They might not be letting him rest and rehab it enough. Or else he might really have a bum hammy. Is it the same one over and over?
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:40 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
- LOL. Kowalski's helmet comes off and he still keeps battling. Love that.

- Nagy got beat TERRIBLY which allowed McGee to be sacked.

- Harris doing some nice run blocking.

- Kowalski DRIVING his guy out to create a huge hole for Murray on a 1st down.

- Awww man... Letuli made the wrong read and let his guy get the sack.

- 33 sucks.

33...I had no idea who that even was. But yeah, he was getting beat bad.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-02-2011, 03:47 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
In a case like Ross you have to put some blame on the training and coaching staff. They might not be letting him rest and rehab it enough. Or else he might really have a bum hammy. Is it the same one over and over?
He was a track guy. So they say track guys usually get hammy issues, which used to be Tim Carter's issue when he was with us. But I am wouldn't be surprised if it was our training staff.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:48 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:

Miles actually didnt have that great of a first camp or preseason performance. He was just a solid height and speed type athlete at the time. Everyone expected Hurd to make it, but it was a little surprising to see them keep Miles over Copper. Glad they did. :D

And while they like Arkin, I've heard he's been "inconsistent", Nagy's been the better player. He's been rolling with the ones for a couple of weeks now.

As for Demarco...looks healthy to me. He looked really good. I didnt want a back in this draft, but I've always been a Murray guy. I def. think he has three down potential in this league. I didnt really get a chance to see how he was blocking. He was actually going out more than he was blocking, it seemed. Mcgee hit him a lot on those shallow curls up the middle.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-02-2011, 04:16 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I dont really think this is right, because I think Choice will be back. But I'll go with....

(1) QB Tony Romo
(2) QB Jon Kitna
(3) QB Stephen Mcgee

(4) HB Felix Jones
(5) HB Demarco Murray
(6) HB Phillip Tanner
(7) FB Chris Gronkowski

(8) WR Miles Austin
(9) WR Dez Bryant
(10) WR Kevin Ogletree
(11) WR Dwayne Harris
(12) WR Jesse Holley

(13) TE Jason Witten
(14) TE Martellus Bennett
(15) TE John Phillips
(16) TE Martin Rucker

(17) OL Doug Free
(18) OL Bill Nagy
(19) OL Phil Costa
(20) OL Kyle Kosier
(21) OL Tyron Smith
(22) OL Jeremy Parnell
(23) OL David Arkin
(24) OL Kevin Kowalski
(25) OL Montrae Holland

(1) DL Marcus Spears
(2) DL Jay Ratliff
(3) DL Kenyon Coleman
(4) DL Jason Hatcher
(5) DL Josh Brent
(6) DL Sean Lissemore

(7) OLB Demarcus Ware
(8) OLB Anthony Spencer
(9) OLB Victor Butler
(10) OLB Alex Albright

(11) ILB Bradie James
(12) ILB Keith Brooking
(13) ILB Sean Lee
(14) ILB Orie Lemon

(15) CB Terence Newman
(16) CB Mike Jenkins
(17) CB Orlando Scandrick
(18) CB Alan Ball
(19) CB Bryan Mccann
(20) CB Josh Thomas

(21) S Abram Elam
(22) S Gerald Sensabaugh
(23) S Barry Church
(24) S Danny Mccray
(25) S Akwasi Owusu-Ansah

(1) K Dan Bailey
(2) P Mat Mcbriar
(3) LS L.P. Ladoucer

There is always a chance we may keep that FB/TE Jason Pociask. You can then cut Rucker and Gronk and keep Choice.

Right now, I have us keeping Rucker and only keeping one backup T. Just until we pick a T off the wire. Then you could cut either Gronk or Rucker to bring him on.

I also dont think Bailey will be the kicker, but I want him to be. JJ's comments lend themselves to at least keeping Buehler, more than likely. But the guy shouldnt be attempting FGs at all.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-02-2011 at 04:26 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:37 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Is M. Bennett TE making the team?