Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-03-2011, 07:30 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Practice Team

Looking at who we cut I think the following have a good chance if we don't go outside:

Chapas
Lemon
Cummings
Butler
j. Thomas
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:04 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Several players changed their numbers, (elam to 26, coleman to 99, harris to 17, tanner to 24) and man I just wished Tyron Smith was one of them. I hate 77 on an o-lineman so bad. I know there have been good players (Jim parker, WIllie Roaf, Jake Long) but I feel like there has never been an all-pro tackle and won a super bowl wearing 77. It just erks me. Oh well, gotta get over it I guess..

Last edited by CDCB14 : 09-03-2011 at 10:06 PM.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:14 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No surprise cuts IMO.....I'm sure the surprises will be when adding players that were cut from other teams. Really glad to see Igor cut...

I'm starting to really look forward to seeing Clifton Geather. I don't know why, or even too much about him...but I want to see what Ryan sees in him.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:29 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone think perish cox is an option? Id take him over ball and mccann in a second.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:56 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Cox

I think anybody that is waived today would be an option. I like Ball, but I really don't think he did anything that can't be replaced. I would have taken a chance on either J. Thomas or Mario Butler.

Also.....on a side note. Unless you are going to be on the active roster most players will sign up for the origional team practice team than sign elsewhere to be on the practice team. So..forget about offering practice contracts for other players from other teams. They will come here, but only if they will get on active roster.

Merriweahter...I think Denver takes him...i really do.

WR from GB.......That would give us 6..not sure that is worth it. We could just roll with it and if we decide later we can always sign to active roster.

Cox....He might be a headache
Old 09-04-2011, 12:07 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

The fact 4 UDFA made the team speaks to bad drafting but ruthless pruning. I love the new mindset. Up or out.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:09 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got back from watching the LSU-Oregon game. I know Tyrann Mathieu isn't eligible until next year but man do I want that guy. Absolute gamer, that's the type of attitude I want in our secondary.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:34 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not too sure what our angle on "character" will be, going forward. Cox is crazy. I love his ability and potential, however.

I have to take a look at more of the lineman released...I'd welcome Adam Terry as veteran insurance, he's a guy who can play T and G.

I like the popular names at other positions...Brandon Tate, Brandon Meriweather, Perrish Cox, Brandon Ghee, Joselio Hanson, etc...I dont really like the actual prospect of us landing any of them, but I'd be happy if we added, at least one of them.

But more importantly, over any skill position guy...is the need to add a T first.

I also dont recall what kickers were cut, but that's a position to keep an eye on, as well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:06 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cox wouldn't have even got released if it weren't for that situation, he's a baller but have you guys read any transcripts of what he was accused of? It's disgusting. Why would you even want to bring that type of player on your team with the negative press it brings, and his situation is going to be magnified 10x more because of playing for Dallas. No thanks, I don't want a CB that bad.

I would love Merriweather though. I'm aware of how bad he was for NE, but he's starter quality. I'm just afraid we are set with Sensy. Elam is obviously staying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:14 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Cox wouldn't have even got released if it weren't for that situation, he's a baller but have you guys read any transcripts of what he was accused of? It's disgusting. Why would you even want to bring that type of player on your team with the negative press it brings, and his situation is going to be magnified 10x more because of playing for Dallas. No thanks, I don't want a CB that bad.

I would love Merriweather though. I'm aware of how bad he was for NE, but he's starter quality. I'm just afraid we are set with Sensy. Elam is obviously staying.
Yeah, I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt in college. But his wrap sheet is gross and he's done worse things since getting in the league. His talent is tempting, but I dont think he's the kind of guy they want to add to the mix. Dez would probably campaign for the guy, at least. ha. Those practices had to be fun to watch at Oklahoma State, those two were just fun to watch.

As for Meriweather...I've always been a big fan. I wanted him in his draft back in the day, same year as we took Spencer. I just dont see us adding him, because of how comfortable our team seems to think they are at S. Meriweather will start somewhere, and I dont think we're prepared to give that here, with Elam and Sensy in place. If he's willing to take a redshirt year, or just provide depth for the time being...by all means. But I dont see us bringing him in, in favor of benching Sensabaugh.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-04-2011, 03:16 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I forgot a lot of guys...but another off the top of my head would be Donnie Avery. There is a bunch of quality youth at the WR position available. A lot of the slot type, variety.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-04-2011, 11:27 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post

As for Meriweather...I've always been a big fan. I wanted him in his draft back in the day, same year as we took Spencer. I just dont see us adding him, because of how comfortable our team seems to think they are at S. Meriweather will start somewhere, and I dont think we're prepared to give that here, with Elam and Sensy in place. If he's willing to take a redshirt year, or just provide depth for the time being...by all means. But I dont see us bringing him in, in favor of benching Sensabaugh.
Unfortunately I don't see us willing to bring him in either. He supposedly has an attitude problem and we all now JG is looking for his RKG's to build this team. He's better than anything we have on the roster so who knows, maybe Rob is bothered enough by what he saw from our secondary this pre-season that he tries talking JG into pulling the trigger.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meriweather to Chicago. Waters to NE.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:32 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

Default Practice Team

Keep us posted on Practice Players signings for the boys......
Old 09-04-2011, 12:34 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh. I wanted Waters from the moment he was cut. He at least pushes Holland off the team and is a much better mentor for the young guys we have. High character too. Don't understand why we didn't even bring him in for a visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:06 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Holland cut..... I don't know wtf this organization is doing but now im starting to side with D-Unit here. You already paid him his roster bonus, and he is a great back-up. We have plenty of cap room now. This makes no sense. If anyone goes down on the o-line now, we are absolutely F'd. We have the depth of a D3 o-line right now. I don't understand..
Old 09-04-2011, 01:16 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

Default 1 Slot Open

Do you think we re-sign somebody we cut or somebody from another team?
Old 09-04-2011, 01:24 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

We just claimed Tony Fiammetta. I like him as a lead blocker but he's supposedly nursing a neck injury and there are rumors he may miss extended time.

EDIT: We also just signed Derrick Dockery. Meh, whatever... he's basically the same player as Holland.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 09-04-2011 at 01:29 PM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:41 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

He's better than Holland. I like both moves. I dont know if Fiammetta is healthy, but he was a great lead blocker for Carolina last year, a very run heavy team. We finally have a true lead blocker, at least. I dont know about the neck, but I know he had a concussion earlier this year. You'd think if it's just the concussion, he'd be good to go early.

We still need a tackle, but something tells me we're not getting one...we're now sitting at 54 players as it is. Another cut and/or trade is looming. I mean, Dockery has played left tackle, but I'd rather he didnt.

As for something else, I'm honestly scared as hell going in with 3 ILBs. Bradie's never hurt, but I dont trust Brooking or Lee to stay healthy at all right now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-04-2011 at 01:45 PM.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Dockery a lot more than Holland. Barring last year he was actually decent and a consistent starter. He also can move his feet :)
Old 09-04-2011, 01:46 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Ok, I feel much better about the move now because dockery is better than holland. I wonder who is going to get cut... rucker?

Also, all the officals claims come out at 4 oclock eastern, I wonder if we'll do anything there...

EDIT: Josh Thomas was claimed by carolina. Oh well.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

:/ Hated the idea of trying to sneak him to PS. The idea that someone like Sam Young is on the roster, or keeping 2 kickers, or 4 TEs, or 4 RBs rather than keeping Thomas irks me.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I figured Thomas would get claimed...it really isnt that easy to slide 5th round corners onto the PS. We've seen this happen to us in the past as well with later round corners.

The sad thing is, Bryan Mccann really depressed me this preseason. He's scrappy, he'll come up and hit you, I'll give him that. But the guy has no real coverage ability. Ball and Mccann....bleh.

I really hope Arkin and Nagy pan out, because our mid to late round drafting as of late has been horrible. They're all getting booted from the team. People will place a lot of that on JJ, but really...our scouting department are obviously heavily influencing these selections. If it continues...Dallas should really think about some turn over here.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-04-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Well, to be fair, Thomas didn't really do anything in the pre-season. He was a JAG.

I want to see if anyone picks up Akwasi.

And MOTH, I bet most teams around the league dont have a good track record in the later rounds. And I bet we are the best team in the league at finding UDFA gems. Romo, Ratliff, Miles, Barry Church, McCray, Costa. Atleast top 3 no doubt.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 09-04-2011 at 01:57 PM.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:59 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Meh. Corner is a position that can take some patience and growth. Thomas showed a lot of good things in press coverage. He struggled, but as do many rookie corners. I'd certainly argue he has much better coverage potential than Bryan Mccann.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS