Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-06-2011, 08:21 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Marty B officially out this week?
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:17 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Is Marty B officially out this week?
I havent seen anything official. But I'd say yes, it's a high ankle sprain. A really crappy injury to begin with. Then you factor in that Martellus has had a problems with his ankles before. Even when he gets back, he still wont be 100% for a while. Bennett is always playing hurt.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-06-2011 at 01:19 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:20 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually, rumor is Marty B might play.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:24 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard that he intends to play too, but I still would doubt it. It'd also be stupid. They rushed Hurd back a few years ago, from the same injury and it cost him his season. You need to be careful with high ankle sprains. I hope he doesnt play just for his sake.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-06-2011 at 02:38 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

If we really do wait until after week one to sign Robinson, I'd imagine Rucker would get cut. You keep him around as insurance for week one, and then cut him loose. It would still cause some problems for the gameday 46 (new rule), though. Gonna have to make a choice. You're already carrying two kickers every week. Cant realistically keep 3 QBs, 4 RBs, 6 WRs, and 2 Ks active on game day.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-06-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
If we really do wait until after week one to sign Robinson, I'd imagine Rucker would get cut. You keep him around as insurance for week one, and then cut him loose. It would still cause some problems for the gameday 46 (new rule), though. Gonna have to make a choice. You're already carrying two kickers every week. Cant realistically keep 3 QBs, 4 RBs, 6 WRs, and 2 Ks active on game day.
Maybe Buehler bites the dust...nah. Somehow they really love his touchback ability, but with the new rules Bailey can at least get it to the end zone. I actually think it benefits him more because a lot of times when the opposing team takes a kickoff with Bailey they'll get the the 13-16 yard lines a lot. With Buehler bombing it back they'll always take it to the 20. Bottom line is that Buehler to me doesn't offer much, so to make room he should get cut.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:56 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

JJ is a stubborn dude sometimes, once he has his mind set on something, it's not always easy for him to change his tune. He seems really geeked at the idea of having a kicker, who can kick it out of the end zone, damn near every time. Even if that means you keep two kickers. Obviously, since that's what we're doing.

It's a waste of a roster spot, I agree...but it should certainly work they way he wants. Buehler's touchback percentage will lead the league, if he's here all season. I'm glad Bailey is kicking the FGs at least.

As for the upcoming game...two things:

1. Its been raining like crazy in Jersey, supposed to rain all week. Is it so much to ask for a nice opening game? I cant stand rain games first off, and we may see one on opening night. Dallas did just fine in the rain against the Giants on opening night a few years ago, at least. That was a big ole offensivefest all around. I still hate rain games, though.

2. Funny that we're not hearing more about a very important matchup. Our green offensive line vs that Jets defense. Their defense has struggled to find consistent pass rushers, but that doesnt mean their blitzing isnt dangerous and extremely effective. Rex is going to throw blitzes at our youthful line that they've probably never seen before. It may be a bit overwhelming and potentially problematic. Let's just say it's a nice first test for this O-Line. As NY + Giants = NYG and I were saying...our screen game could potentially combat this blitz heavy defense, but even that may not be a guarantee. The line is going to have to play well. I'm really excited to see what happens. I just hope that it doesnt end up being a disastrous first game. Because it's a real possibility. They're very young, they havent worked together very long, and they're unfamiliar with NFL exotic blitzes. If the communication is off, Romo is getting killed. Should be interesting. I would be lying if I said I wasnt nervous about it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-06-2011 at 04:02 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:58 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10 people on IR for us! Can we borrow some sugar neighbor and perhaps a middle LB? Thanks!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1. Its been raining like crazy in Jersey, supposed to rain all week. Is it so much to ask for a nice opening game? I cant stand rain games first off, and we may see one on opening night. Dallas did just fine in the rain against the Giants on opening night a few years ago, at least. That was a big ole offensivefest all around. I still hate rain games, though.

2. Funny that we're not hearing more about a very important matchup. Our green offensive line vs that Jets defense. Their defense has struggled to find consistent pass rushers, but that doesnt mean their blitzing isnt dangerous and extremely effective. Rex is going to throw blitzes at our youthful line that they've probably never seen before. It may be a bit overwhelming and potentially problematic. Let's just say it's a nice first test for this O-Line. As NY + Giants = NYG and I were saying...our screen game could potentially combat this blitz heavy defense, but even that may not be a guarantee. The line is going to have to play well. I'm really excited to see what happens. I just hope that it doesnt end up being a disastrous first game. Because it's a real possibility. They're very young, they havent worked together very long, and they're unfamiliar with NFL exotic blitzes. If the communication is off, Romo is getting killed. Should be interesting. I would be lying if I said I wasnt nervous about it.
The good thing about this is that the Cowboys offense can definitely move against anyone. Of course all that could be for naught if the line gets blown up, but they have the talent to score when they need to. The rain could help keep the secondary issues at bay a bit by limiting the passing. It's a good, interesting game though. Both Ryan's are going to bring it to prove they're better than the other. I want to favor the Cowboys because they can really get after Sanchez and cause him to make mistakes, but the secondary and O-line have me worrying a bit here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
10 people on IR for us! Can we borrow some sugar neighbor and perhaps a middle LB? Thanks!
Damn. That's like 2008 for the Cowboys all over again. I'm sure the Cowboys could send Alan Ball out there to help out. lol

Old 09-06-2011, 06:37 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's really gonna be a problem for our line vs that defense. It is going to say alot if we can step up and win this game and goes a long way towards our confidence. It's highly unlikely but I agree they are going to get the kitchen sink thrown at them but if they are up to the test it'll probably be nowhere but up to go from here.

Thing is, we are going to make some mistakes, turnovers, and give up sacks. We should all know that. We just have to limit them. Romo, for all his criticism he seems to get, is amazing at getting rid of the ball quickly and eluding pressure. He might take sack after sack but eventually he'll break down that broken play and it'll be an 80 yard TD to Austin. This is a game where big plays will be crucial, so we do have a chance.

I just don't think we should win this game. It'll be a learning experience for our offensive line, and if we score more then 20 points we honestly have to put it on the defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game is winnable. Not gonna be easy but winnable.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:14 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
This game is winnable. Not gonna be easy but winnable.
All 16 are. There is no team we can't beat and we should be in every game, but there are a ton of reasons we should lose this game. Only way we win is if Romo has a superb game, and you can't really blame him if he doesn't.

How many QB's had superb games vs the Jets last seasons? I don't remember 1 but maybe it did happen. We just don't have the team built to play in low scoring, close, defensive games like the Jets do, so this is the 1 big mis-match I see on the schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:19 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
All 16 are. There is no team we can't beat and we should be in every game, but there are a ton of reasons we should lose this game. Only way we win is if Romo has a superb game, and you can't really blame him if he doesn't.

How many QB's had superb games vs the Jets last seasons? I don't remember 1 but maybe it did happen. We just don't have the team built to play in low scoring, close, defensive games like the Jets do, so this is the 1 big mis-match I see on the schedule.
Or we just say F that at put up 40 and watch Mark Sanchez suck.....

But your right, this game has a weird feeling. I have no idea what to expect.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:31 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Jets are real tough at home, too. They only gave up 20+ points in two home games last year and they still managed to win both of those games. The other 6 games they gave up 14 points or less. (9, 14, 9, 10, 10, 7)

As for injury updates...

Sounds like both Newman and Bennett will be out Sunday night now. Neither has been ruled out yet, but they're both very doubtful.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-06-2011, 11:18 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

As for injury updates...

Sounds like both Newman and Bennett will be out Sunday night now. Neither has been ruled out yet, but they're both very doubtful.
Phil Costa is questionable as well.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:34 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Jets are real tough at home, too. They only gave up 20+ points in two home games last year and they still managed to win both of those games. The other 6 games they gave up 14 points or less. (9, 14, 9, 10, 10, 7)

As for injury updates...

The one thing I do think that is one our side though is that the jets don't have a pass rush without blitzing. If Romo has time, we'll be fine.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:00 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Phil Costa is questionable as well.
Yeah, he's back at practice tomorrow I think. Sucks. It would be nice if everyone along the line was healthy. May have to role with Nagy at C and Dockery at LG for the first game. Sounds better than putting Kowalski in for this game. Costa's in better shape than others though, since he's been cleared to practice now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-07-2011, 12:01 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmax2 View Post
The one thing I do think that is one our side though is that the jets don't have a pass rush without blitzing. If Romo has time, we'll be fine.
Kind of sucks that the Jets lead the league in blitz percentage than. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-07-2011, 08:04 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

No doubt we are the underdog, but I like the fact that this is the first game. I think the fact that everyone thinks the jets win this works in our favor.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 09-07-2011, 08:38 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
No doubt we are the underdog, but I like the fact that this is the first game. I think the fact that everyone thinks the jets win this works in our favor.
We just cannot get caught up in the hype of the game being a Sunday night football game on 9/11 in NY. Quite simply, we need to run the ball and stop the run. If we can do both of those things and minimize penalties, I think we can win this game. Even with our secondary being banged up, I don't fear the Jets passing attack. Holmes is the only one that scares me a little bit, but I think we can easily roll a safety to his side of the field all day long.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2011/...advanced-stats

I think this article makes some good points. The Jets probably don't have the offense to run away from us. If we can play reasonable defense, I think we can win this game. I think Garrett can figure out a way to scratch out some points. I think we will see the benefit of having a mobile OL. We can run lots of screens to keep the pass rush honest and attack the edge of the Jets defense with our running game. The edge of their run defense is not as strong as up the middle.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 09-07-2011, 01:13 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...nce-newman-out

WTF
Old 09-07-2011, 01:53 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Unbelievable.

And Tyron also left practice with a knee injury, let's pray the MRI comes back favorable.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:17 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Son of a *****!

Old 09-07-2011, 02:20 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

If Jenkins or Smith can't play this could be really ugly.