Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-07-2011, 03:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
aslfalsdfaldfalksdf

How do you hyperextend your knee in a shorts and shirt practice? Just, terrible news. I kept hoping i wouldn't read something like that and that he could still trot out for us on Sunday, but geez could we have picked a worse week where one of our starting tackles goes out with an injury? :/

I'm worried for Romo.
Back??? What happened to all your hate for this place?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmax2 View Post
Forgotten password, can you just switch it or something?
Just use the forgot password feature and it will email it to you. This is your email on record: cowboys3166@aim.com

Shall I change your name to LaurentRobinson#1Fan since you think he's so great?
Old 09-07-2011, 03:20 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Watching JG's press conference, how in the hell can he be so calm.
Well maybe they aren't as back as we think... we'll see. A hyperextended knee isn't that big of a deal, maybe tyron can play.. I want the word on jenkins.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Poker face. They're not going to show anything. Honestly, I dont see how you couldnt be even slightly nervous about fielding a line as young as ours. You probably wont hear a word about any of that, though. They're not fooling anyone, if they say they have confidence in Scandrick, Ball, and Mccann, though. That group makes me want to throw up.

Garrett needs to show confidence in the group, even if they're up ****'s creek.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-07-2011 at 03:26 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Back??? What happened to all your hate for this place?
Ultimately, there wasn't another place where there was the amount of knowledgeable posters as there are gathered here. A lot of trolls nonetheless, but it's a solid place for football talk amongst the peers.

Anyway,

How would you all feel about signing Flozell as a spot starter?
Old 09-07-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmax2 View Post
Well maybe they aren't as back as we think... we'll see. A hyperextended knee isn't that big of a deal, maybe tyron can play.. I want the word on jenkins.
As was already said...it's a 2-4 week injury.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-07-2011, 03:25 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Ultimately, there wasn't another place where there was the amount of knowledgeable posters as there are gathered here. A lot of trolls nonetheless, but it's a solid place for football talk amongst the peers.

Anyway,

Not gonna happen. Dallas is fully committed to a youth movement...and that certainly extends to the backups as well. Gah. This crap is making my head hurt today. I'm so disappointed, and the season hasnt even started yet.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-07-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I love that about him. Leader's can't panic. I'm sure he's worrying his ass off about it, but he can't let the players see him stressing out over something. Just look at Belichick. The dude doesn't react to anything. You could tell him that his mother died and that 22 of his starters got injured in a bus accident and he'd have that same look on his face.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

Anyway,

Well, I think you owe an apology or something since you PM'd like a billion people to follow you to that new forum you were trying to get going. Total dick move and you should be thankful that you aren't banned.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Not gonna happen. Dallas is fully committed to a youth movement...and that certainly extends to the backups as well. Gah. This crap is making my head hurt today. I'm so disappointed, and the season hasnt even started yet.
This is why i think it's ******** to put a label on the "movement" you're going with your team. There should always be the need to want to win football games, regardless of age. I understand that we want guys that are both young and talented seeing the field, but right now we don't freakin' have any. I'd much rather sign a vet that could be at the very least serviceable in not getting Romo destroyed, than to trot out the bloody raw Parnell.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Well, I think you owe an apology or something since you PM'd like a billion people to follow you to that new forum you were trying to get going. Total dick move and you should be thankful that you aren't banned.
I already spoke to Scott about it, but if you'd like an apology as well, then okay.

I'm sorry.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
This is why i think it's ******** to put a label on the "movement" you're going with your team. There should always be the need to want to win football games, regardless of age. I understand that we want guys that are both young and talented seeing the field, but right now we don't freakin' have any. I'd much rather sign a vet that could be at the very least serviceable in not getting Romo destroyed, than to trot out the bloody raw Parnell.
Well...my confidence is certainly waning, personally. These injuries just accentuate how thin the team is at damn near every position. There is a lot of optimism...but if I was to look at this roster say a year ago, you'd think we were fielding a 5-11 team. They may actually really like their youthful starters, but there is no depth anywhere on this team.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-07-2011, 03:35 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where I had hope before... It's gone. Jenkins out. T New out, 2 injuries to the line. Doomed.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:35 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Well...my confidence is certainly waning, personally. These injuries just accentuate how thin the team is at damn near every position. There is a lot of optimism...but if I was to look at this roster say a year ago, you'd think we were fielding a 5-11 team. They may actually really like their youthful starters, but there is no depth anywhere on this team.
Which again, is why i'd bring in someone like Flozell. You aren't taking anything away from the young guys by having him start a few games. Smith will be out for a few weeks and we can't afford to have three guys out there that are learning as they go. We lost our QB last year due to a missed assignment by a rook, if it happens again i'm gonna be ******* pissed.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:40 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Which again, is why i'd bring in someone like Flozell. You aren't taking anything away from the young guys by having him start a few games. Smith will be out for a few weeks and we can't afford to have three guys out there that are learning as they go. We lost our QB last year due to a missed assignment by a rook, if it happens again i'm gonna be ******* pissed.
I really doubt they'd go in that direction, based upon what we've seen this year. We probably have to bring in a backup T, since we dont have any other T now, though. As it stands, if Parnell goes down, Dockery would have to play RT. :/ They'd probably call Sam Young's useless ass if the Bills hadnt claimed him. Ugh. This is so messed up.

Dont be shocked if we signed Pat Mcquistan. lol.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-07-2011, 03:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
When the team (Garrett) decided that he would cut our veterans (and help Jerry cut costs) in order to go with this youth movement, they either:

1) realized that depth would be a concern and didn't care enough about it to address it in FA.

or

2) they didn't realize that depth would be a concern and should thus, should be wearing a dunce cap on the sidelines.

When Jerry says stuff like "we like what we have there..." in reference to Alan Ball and Jeremey Parnell, he makes himself look like the bafoon America wants to label him as. He cut all that cap and didn't bother to spend any of it to address depth and now the Cowboys are in a state of "unknown".
Old 09-07-2011, 03:41 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because is he is awesome! LOL. He really is a smart, calm, guy who has been around football, and knows how to carry himself. I got to meet the guy for day, and he carries himself in such a way, that people follow him and can be confident in his leadership.
NY+Giants=NYG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Bringing in Flozell is actually a good idea... IF... and that's a major IF...

He doesn't have any resentment to the Cowboys for letting him go AND he's willing to play the role of a backup when our guys get healthy.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Because is he is awesome! LOL. He really is a smart, calm, guy who has been around football, and knows how to carry himself. I got to meet the guy for day, and he carries himself in such a way, that people follow him and can be confident in his leadership.
I really think that Garrett will be the HC here for at least a decade.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:43 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Do we really expect to say "Yeah, Parnell sucks, we need more depth"? lol. I feel a lot of what Jerry gives to the media is half fluff, half PC speak. I certainly hope we don't just stand pat and let Parnell get schooled at RT for a month until Smith comes back.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:45 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really think that Garrett will be the HC here for at least a decade.
That's what worries me... But I know he would be a HC, he passed up leaving because he wanted to stay. His relationship and family relationship with Jerry is solid.
NY+Giants=NYG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:46 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I've always been a Flozell fan, so I'd be on board to bring him in for a few weeks, but I just really doubt we'd see that.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-07-2011, 03:47 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

At this point in his career i'm sure he wouldn't mind collecting 16 paychecks for minimal work. I'd take the multiple false starts and occasional holds in exchange for the safety and well-being of my quarterback.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:48 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bringing in Flozell is actually a good idea... IF... and that's a major IF...

He doesn't have any resentment to the Cowboys for letting him go AND he's willing to play the role of a backup when our guys get healthy.
I don't think he would hold a grudge. Business is business, and if he wouldn't mind some extra money I bet he would do it if they called. I think it would be more about whether or not he physically feels up to playing for a few weeks.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
At this point in his career i'm sure he wouldn't mind collecting 16 paychecks for minimal work. I'd take the multiple false starts and occasional holds in exchange for the safety and well-being of my quarterback.
I dont think there would be any chance he'd be on the roster that long, but a few games at least. Still dont see it, though.

But anyway, if Dallas pulls this one out of their asses on Sunday Night...I'm going to be so incredibly happy. haha. The only good thing about this, is that it lowers my expectations even more. So a win, would be all the sweeter.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS