Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-08-2011, 11:09 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I get the feeling that too many have conceded this game and have pretty much marked it down as a loss. I say BS. Dallas has a distinct advantage at the QB position. It's always foolish to discount a team with the advantage at the most important position on the field. I agree they should be underdogs, but I think it's BS that most folks have basically written this game off.
I personally feel we can win this game. It's a very winnable game and believe we can do it w/o Jenkins and Smith. On paper some might say we cannot do it, but if we can control their run game and run effectively on our end, we can win this. Watch for us to run a lot of screens to Felix and bubble screens to Bryant.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:46 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea it's kinda funny how everyone has written us off. It sucks that Tyron and Jenkins might not be able to go but we still have a ton of talent on this team. Our biggest advantage is that we're a team that's loaded with homerun ability at the skill positions that the Jets just can't match.

If I'm Garrett I go max pro play action deep to Dez on the first play, shut the crowd up. The Jets are expecting to walk right over us, we need to come out swinging.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:06 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Homer glasses on.......

I'm getting more and more excited about this game, the more we're written off the more I think the Boys pull off a W in a close game.

24-20 Boys.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:32 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Madden simulation has Jets winning 13-10 on a game winning FG by Folk. We know he won't nail it when it's on the line.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Madden simulation has Jets winning 13-10 on a game winning FG by Folk. We know he won't nail it when it's on the line.
The Jets will score at least 17.

Cowboys 24 - Jets 20
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
The Jets will score at least 17.

Cowboys 24 - Jets 20
I like your thinking.

Cowboys 23- Jets 20
Old 09-08-2011, 03:06 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cowboys 24-17

Felix goes off, the defense bends but comes up with big plays in crucial moments.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Cowboys 24-17

Felix goes off, the defense bends but comes up with big plays in crucial moments.
I like this thinking. I know our defense won't shut them down, but their offense tends to bog down and they settle for a lot of FGs. I think we can make enough plays on defense to make them kick mostly FGs.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:39 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I like this thinking. I know our defense won't shut them down, but their offense tends to bog down and they settle for a lot of FGs. I think we can make enough plays on defense to make them kick mostly FGs.
That's our biggest advantage IMO. Their offense is built around the run game and sustaining long drives, they don't have homerun ability. All it takes is 1 or 2 good plays from our D to force them into some 3rd and longs, and Sanchez is too inconsistent to convert those on a regular basis. Especially with Rob dialing up some exotic looks. He's mistake prone, turnovers are still the most important stat in football.

Special teams and field position will be huge too, Dez is a potential swing everytime he gets a chance to return one. The Jets lost Brad Smith who was HUGE for them last year in the return game, but no one talks about that. It's nice to have Mac back there punting it away too, gives them a long field and that's what we're gonna need.

We need to be aggressive on offense and put points on the board early, the more they put the ball in Mark Sanchez's hands the better.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 09-08-2011 at 03:56 PM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cowboys Pass Offense vs Jets Pass Defense - wash

Cowboys Run Offense vs Jets Run Offense - Advantage Jets

Jets Pass Offense vs Cowboys Pass Defense - Advantage Jets

Jets Run Offense vs Cowboys Run Defense - Advantage Jets

Homefield - Advantage Jets

Injuries - Advantage Jets

Weather - Advantage Jets (Cowboys are built to better succeed indoors)

Everything on paper says the Jets will win based on the way I analyze the situation. ...but the fan in me won't give in, and I just want to believe that anything is possible. Cowboys WIN!!! GO COWBOYS!!!!!
Old 09-08-2011, 03:54 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jenkins practiced today and Tyron Smith was dressed out but just watched...

THERE'S HOPE!
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:55 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Jenkins practiced today and Tyron Smith was dressed out but just watched...

THERE'S HOPE!
That's very positive
Old 09-08-2011, 03:57 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jenkins will play imo. I think Smith won't. The drop off between Jenkins and Scandrick isn't as big as Smith to Parnell. I'm talking about over the whole season.

Plus reports say that Jenkins was practicing today and Smith was just watching...Smith needs to practice tomorrow to play. And if I'm not mistaken isn't friday practice just walk-thru's?

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:50 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it will be a close game because both teams will be amped up. The Jets are always amped up, and I have a feeling that if anything Garrett and Ryan will have the Cowboys pretty hyped up to play. The difference in this game, like always, will be the turnovers. Here's to hoping that they can limit how many times Romo gets under pressure. He can make some huge plays under pressure, so I have faith that he can pull something off.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:06 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't see it. :( Banged up and havent shown the ability to stop the run, along with the fact our Oline is young and inexperianced...Plaxico might dominate us and they have a very good run game. I'm thinking Jets 24-17. Hope I'm wrong but I cant see it.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:59 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

So Spencer admits he was mailing it in last year. Nice. Memo to Jerry, stop picking guys with off field BS. They always fails in the long run.

And to think, not only did the Boys give up a pick for him but eh Boys could have had Woodley without the trade, a guy who was not only as good an athlete at the combine, but a 4 year player at Michigan and a star for 3 of those years. A guy with no issues off the field, a great motor and great production while being doubled constantly.

Heh.... reminds me of the Cowboys passing on Greg Jones in this year's draft for a few guys who tests well in shorts. Another mistake. Could have taken him in the 5th!

Ahhhh.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with Thule in that Jenkins plays and Smith doesnt. That's what it's looking like right now. Maybe we'll get lucky and Smith will continue to improve and get in there, and play well. Great news that Jenkins was actually practicing.

And I still dont see us winning this one. It's certainly possible, but the major thing right now, is that line vs their blitz heavy scheming. Advantage at QB or not, that is an enormous disadvantage. Our young line, will see blitzes they have never seen before. Rex confuses the hell out of veteran lines, we could have some problems in week one.

That said, I never close the door on a game...but I still expect the Jets to come out on top this week. It's not as though I'm saying we cant win, I just think the Jets have a lot more going for them, in a matchup this early in the season. Knowing our injuries, inexperienced O-Line, and breaking in a new defense. I'm a little surprised that so many of you are taking us, against one of the league's toughest teams at home.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-08-2011 at 07:51 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:58 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Damn Green Bay looks sharp on O.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
So Spencer admits he was mailing it in last year. Nice. Memo to Jerry, stop picking guys with off field BS. They always fails in the long run.

And to think, not only did the Boys give up a pick for him but eh Boys could have had Woodley without the trade, a guy who was not only as good an athlete at the combine, but a 4 year player at Michigan and a star for 3 of those years. A guy with no issues off the field, a great motor and great production while being doubled constantly.

Heh.... reminds me of the Cowboys passing on Greg Jones in this year's draft for a few guys who tests well in shorts. Another mistake. Could have taken him in the 5th!

Ahhhh.
Wasn't Greg Jones already cut? Who tested well in shorts? Bruce Carter? I didn't know that's why they picked him. lol.

Not gonna retrack history to see who we "should've" drafted. You could name 31 teams that probably think they should've taken Woodley. Also, pretty sure that Spencer was Wade's guy. I've never really pinned that one on Jerry. That was a wild draft. Jerry was having fun trading. Moved down to let the Browns grab Quinn, then moved up for Spencer. Wade was hoping he got the next Shaun Phillips (another Purdue DE) who he had in San Diego. The year before we drafted Carpenter, so drafting another OLB didn't seem like something Jerry would've done unless he was listening to Wade on that demand. Jerry is EASILY convinced on moves if his HC endorses it.

As for what to do with Spencer now... I'm pretty sure Butler surpasses him this year and unless Rob Ryan works magic with him or he comes for cheap, he won't be extended.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:57 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:
Wasn't Greg Jones already cut? Who tested well in shorts? Bruce Carter? I didn't know that's why they picked him. lol.

Not gonna retrack history to see who we "should've" drafted. You could name 31 teams that probably think they should've taken Woodley. Also, pretty sure that Spencer was Wade's guy. I've never really pinned that one on Jerry. That was a wild draft. Jerry was having fun trading. Moved down to let the Browns grab Quinn, then moved up for Spencer. Wade was hoping he got the next Shaun Phillips (another Purdue DE) who he had in San Diego. The year before we drafted Carpenter, so drafting another OLB didn't seem like something Jerry would've done unless he was listening to Wade on that demand. Jerry is EASILY convinced on moves if his HC endorses it.

As for what to do with Spencer now... I'm pretty sure Butler surpasses him this year and unless Rob Ryan works magic with him or he comes for cheap, he won't be extended.
Jones from MSU. Will start for GMen at ILB.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Been reading a bit about rob callaway, our new practice squad player. What I'm reading is intriguing. He's got size and quickness. From D2 so he needs some time.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:31 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Erik Walden sack...good for him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-08-2011, 10:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
Jones from MSU. Will start for GMen at ILB.
I thought I read that he got cut. Guess they needed him when Goff got injured. Too small to play 3-4 ILB anyways.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:33 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
I thought I read that he got cut. Guess they needed him when Goff got injured. Too small to play 3-4 ILB anyways.
Yeah, he has to start because of that recent Goff injury.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-08-2011, 10:35 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Hot damn Cobb...that's why he was the only WR I really wanted if we took one last year. :D Such a beast.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS